Alone and Afriad

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

Sarah nodded and removed her hand from Jimaki's shoulder as he moved to kneel. She then looked between the two with a slight smile on her face.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Infuriae

Post by Nishah »

Broken-Fang/Dark-Moon looked at the swiftly healing body of the young werewolf... He had instinctively shifted to his war-form to allow his healing to advance at the most favourable pace... he would need to eat soon...

Don't thank me... I would have killed you had your wolf not manifested... I refuse to bestow the gift on those that do not deserve it... this new scar *rubbing his forarm* proves your worth... you have only yourself to thank...
Let your body heal, hunt and eat... you will feel better still... come back to the campsite when you are ready... When you have discovered your Wolven name... Jimaki died here, never forget that ! You killed him ! let him rest in peace...

The old wolf turned on his heels, slowly shifting to his human form and started to walk back to the campsite.

Come Sarah, leave him for a while... he will need the time to adjust... and we still have much to talk about... about you, your friend Tsume and this newcomer, this Alexander....
Night-claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Night-claw »

Tsume had followed Sarah when she ran to follow Dark Moon and The now desced(sp) Jimaki only she had traveled trough the trees, a skill she had developed over the years. She now sat on a branch in her human form with her tail swishing just above the leaves not moving or making a sound. When Dark Moon and Sarah were out of earshoot she jumped down and sat crossed legged in front of Jimaki " Sorry... so.. did you have fun?"
there are things that are ment to only seen and not captured. Even if it makes us sad to forget.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

Jimaki jumped back as Tsume dropped from the tree. "Tsume eh, uhh... As you see, I'm a werewolf now and, uhh..." He lowered his head and said, "I'm sure you are upset. Broken-Fang and Sarah decided that I was ready to be turned." He looked into her eyes and turned away. "I have to learn how to live like this. You can help me or ignore me. We just need to learn to accept what happens now, not before. I'm sorry if you are mad."
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Sarah followed Broken-Fang quietly. Her deminer calm and serine. She kept pace with the older wolf. Seemingly insync with his movements.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

The Grey Wolf walked back to the campsite... He heard the voices behind them but ignored them... to each his own he thought.
On the way, a small hare and two rabbits found their way into Broken-Fang's jaws... the shifting and running had awoken an appetite that he neede to sate... While he started to devour the raw meat, ho offered one of the rabbits to Sarah.

here, feed... it's been a while since you ate hasn't it...?
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Sarah changed into her were form.The change was quicker than most weres for she had learned how to do so. She then replided to the question.

"Yes it has."
She accepts one of the rabbits and looked to Broken-Fang.
"You said we had alot to talk about."
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

Broken-fang looked at her between bites

Yes... the pack and your initiation in the full life of the Lycans... the spirits of the woods and animals... Unless Ghost-storm told you all that already ?
And you must find your Wolf-name...
"Sarah" died that night... you must have felt that... the sense of emptiness, the senselessness of life while clinging to that name...
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Sarah eats the raw meat of the rabbit and looks at Broken-Fang between a bite.

"Ghost-Storm did not get the oppertunity to tell me. Although she explained some."
Upon hearing of how "Sarah" died that night she nodded.
"But I have no idea what my Wolf-name would be. I don't seem to fit in anywhere. I never have."
She spoke honestly and truthfully.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Jimaki glared at her and turned away. "I am dead as a human. It is best if you forget me as a man to save me the thought. Now, I must hunt. Will you come?" He changed further to his wolf form. Slow, for his first full wolf shift.

He saw a deer in the dense forest and got into a charge stance. "My first kill, I will learn to hunt as a werewolf." Growling and charging towards the deer in full speed. Jumping onto the deer as it kicked furiciously for it's life. Blood splattered onto Jimaki's fur as he smiled. "Deer-Hunt." The deer's body laid motionless, lifeless. He bit a chunk of the meat out and looked to Tsume. "Want some?" Letting out a howl to let his friends know of his acheivement.

((I'm not great with names, I tried.))
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

You should feel the nature of the wolf within you...
It will tell you what it's called when you listen hard enough...

I was Dark-Moon by the spirits that attended my birth... They must have foreseen that the majesty of the moon would reflect in my rule of the tribes, but that a sudden darkness would fall over it...
How right they where...

A smirk graces the scarred muzzle of the wolf

With you werewolves, it is different... you have no spirits to speak omens at your birth, becaus your wolf was hidden when you where born. So you must listen to that voice inside... the low growl when you are hungry, the light barking when you are happy... they all tell you what you need to know... If you want to, I'll listen with you... perhaps two hear more than one

A gentle smile crosses Broken-fang's face as he looks at...his girl.
Night-claw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night-claw »

Tsume chuckled to herself and changed into her wolf form and ate the deer with Jimaki. "So have you found your name somwhere in your head? Cause until you do I'm going to call you Jimaki."

(By the way Miquel I never said welcome back. So welcome back::hugs::)
there are things that are ment to only seen and not captured. Even if it makes us sad to forget.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Jimaki looked up to her as he ate and nodded. "I think so, I'm thinking... Forest-Wolf." He turned away and began to think. "The last thing I remember was being killed. A bright flash occured and I opened my eyes. It was like I was going to die, but....I didn't. I took a breath like my wolf spirit was sleeping for ages. Like it was always with me."

He turned to her and smiled as he licked the blood from his muzzle. "Want to head back to camp?"

((Thanks))
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Sarah nodded.

"The strange thing is that the wolf seems to have always been a part of me. Not just since I was bitten but before as well."

She looked at him.

"I'd appreciate you listening with me. Maybe we both can hear what needs to be heard."
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

Broken-Fang smiled at her remark of the wolf always having been with her. She was getting there...

Sit down, child.

He motioned for her to take a seat in the low brushes near the cave mouth. Clearing some of the sticks and rocks away, he took a seat himself, waiting for Sarah to do the same

This wolf you have felt all along...how did it manifest ? When you where angry ? Alone ? happy or lusting after somthing ?
It will help you understand the nature of your wolfen-self when you know it's drive
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Meanwhile, Alexander sat on the same rock. "Matybe I shoulda followed them..." he muttered to himself. "No matter, I could find 'em again, I can track stuff. They probably need time alone anyways." Alexander shrugged, leaning back on the tree trunk that the stone he sat on was up against.

"Just take a a nap 'till they're back..." he murmurred and slipped into the inky darkness of a deep sleep.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Sarah sat down across from Broken-Fang.

"The wolf seemed to always be there. You know like underneath everything. Just waiting. Watching in a way. It's strange."
Night-claw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night-claw »

Tsume smiled and tore off a big chunck. "Sure I'll just take this for the kid." She started trotting back torwards the cave." Come one Forest-Wolf. You'll get lost if you don't keep up" Laughing she ran ahead
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

Broken-fang seemed to listen even after sarah had done speaking, eyes closed and breathing slowly. For a few minites nothing happened. Then, as if no time at all had past he continued the conversation

That is unusual in a human... Normaly your upbringing would have smothered the wolf inside you... made it very difficult to surface...
I have tried to sense it just now and managed to touch it very lightly...

It's given me a feel of what it is... what it wants to be...
Every time it woke up, trapped inside your human mind but aware enough to feel the world... it howled to get out and live to the fullest... you must have felt that... the sadness when you woke as a little child...

Now, when you where turned to live the life of a werewolf, it holwed as well, because you had not yet recognised it's name... It's purpose... That is the feeling of void you had in these past months or years...

but tomorrow, it will howl like never before... for you will know it and it will know you... an you will be one at last...

Broken-Fang placed his paw on her forehead, claws lightly tapped against her skull as he let his muscles relax and started a low mournfull howl.

*wolf-tongue in howling* Sarah-man-child / wolf-cage-of-flesh / mourning-howl-resounds

His tone shifted lightly to include a more agressive howl in his song

*wolf-tongue in howling* Sarah-Human-Corpse / wolf-enemy-of-mind / raging-howl-claws

Now, with full strenght, the howl took on a vibrant, joyfull tone, filled with bright resounding notes

*wolf-tongue in howling* Bright-Howl-named / Lycan-child-born / Strength-of-blood-returns / joy-of-life-reborn

The howling slowly fades as Broken-Fang lowers his head again to gaze upon the now-named werewolf before him. His eyes have gotten a bit cloudy with forming tears

You, Bright-Howl-Child-of-Dark-Moon, are welcomed in the pack of the Black Forest. May your steps ever be swift, may your nose catch every scent and may your claws never fail.

You will know your namesake when you wake from these last vestiges of your former life... Let the wolf come forth and howl your name...

Placing his hand on het shoulder and stepping behind her, the large wolf's throat started to resonate with the beginnings of a howl, while gently squeezing his child's shoulders, indicating her to join...
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Forest-Wolf laughed and said, "Oh you callin me slow?" He ran behind her as it began to lightly rain.

The clearing to the cave was up ahead. "Well, I hope i'm welcome." He said to Tsume as he moved into the clearing.
Night-claw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night-claw »

"Mph stf afkmn" Puts food on ground[Memo to self don't talk with food] "Of course you accepted. I mean you were changed by Dark-Moon." Tsume glanced at the sky smelling a harder rain to come " Can you take this to the Kid" Nudging the meat " I need to do somthing I should be gone only a while." with that she turned and ran back into the woods where they left the deer. Changing into her human form she sat in the mud and just stared ahead every now and then looking a the sky." Rain... heh... brings back memories"
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Forest-Wolf nodded and brought the food to the boy. He slowly paced over to Dark-Moon with his tail lowered. "Dark-Moon, I have found a name and hunted," He said in a nervous growl.

Looking over to Sarah. He stared into her eyes and began to speak, "Do you have a wolf name Sarah? Tsume went back to the forest to take care of someting." Smiling in a polite manner, he turned away and walked to a tree to rest under.
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

*oog : Use of Ancient's persona has been agreed upon by Ancient via PM*

As Broken-Fang gently squeezes sarah's shoulders as she took up the howl that he had set in... her voice was a bit wavery at first, unused at the melodic speech-howling of the werewolves, but she followed the tune of Broken-Fang.

Both of them howled as the words were formed by The old wolf

*Wolf-speech in howl*
Wood-spirits/Animal-totems/hear-song-of-naming
New-wolf-born/Soul-of-hunter-awake
cry-name-on-wind/spread-joy-of-life

With these words passed, Sarah felt the tune of the melody shift so her voice would come out on top of both howls. She felt the urges within her rise and forgot all what her human side had made her do and think in that one moment of pure wolfen uphoria

*Sarah's Howl in wolf-speech*
Spirits-of-Forest/Howl-of-name-I-sing
Bright-Howl-I-Am/Sad-Song-of-Rage-no-more
Free-wolfen-spirit/Free-wolfen-Howl

As they both let the howls die down, a subtle breeze passed, a rustling of leaves and a chittering of nearby birds was heard. Then silence...

Clearly exhaused from the full manifestation of her wolf-spirit half, Bright-Howl quickly slid into a deep, restfull sleep. Broken-Fang carefully laid her down and covered her with a few handfulls of dry fallen leaves, asking them to keep her warm in an almost onspiratory tone, whispering to the leaves as he let them fall one by one.

Turning his head away from his now-sleeping child, Broken-Fang stared at The new werewolf. He was clearly surprised by something the young one had just said, but clearly pleased that he had shown deference to the older wolf.

You have found the name of your wolf self ? It is customary to howl out your name for all those present to know... so you announce your existance to the forest and it's spirits. They will spread the word and make you known to all that reside here.

And that is also why I would ask of you not to call me Dark-Moon again. That name was stripped of me and it's use brings me nothing but pain at what was and never again will be.
Last edited by Nishah on Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Forest-Wolf nodded and said, "I am sorry Broken-Fang. I will not call you that again." He looked around and walked to the center of the clearing. Letting out a loud howl, he howled his name. "FOREST-WOLF!"
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

Broken-Fang smiled at the young wolf as he proudly howled out his name.
The old wolf swiftly took up the howl where Forest-Wolf let it die down, filling the surrounding woods once more with the sounds of wolven voices

*Wolf-speech in howl*
Spirits-of-woods/Animal-brothers
Proud-call-of-name-sounded/new-wolf-born
Take-name-through-domains/let-joy-be-known