true form

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

what is thier true form?

full Human
33%
gestalt and/or hybrid
38%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
9%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
20%

Total votes: 45

Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

Hmmn a Mac truck or train wreck might be a faster way of killing something. Cause when a head is removed, the body -still- functions, if for a short bit. Yeah they might be dead, but the heart isn't going to stop just because the head has been suddenyl removed. ;)

*chuckles*

Your thought though does offer serious points to consider. Sudden death would, realistically, not give the body a chance to revert to -anything- beyound say.., bits of flesh and bone. ;)
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

[quote="Trinity"]

older werewolves, having been around for longer -as- a werewolf are also more used to the change. So they can either 'choose' what form they remian or revert to when they drop ( uncocnious death what ever ).
quote] that doesnt make any sense, if i were to just shoot him in the head hes not gonna have time to react to anything, even if he right away wanted to revert, the brain still needs to tell the whole body on what to do. so lets say you wante TF right away, a 1 second later I shoot you in the head. boom the brain cant order what the body to do so, it will stay what ever way they died in,or mabey closest form they were in.mabey if a Gastalt were less than half way to being human form it would go back to being a perfect Gastalt, if it was half way human then it might stay that way, if it was almost human form, it would automatically finish it up.

its like a U shape tube with a ball. if you were to blow the ball realquick an doesnt get passed the middle, it will go back from the beginning, if it was half way across and you stop blowing it, it just stay there. if you blow the ball till it gets pst the middle and then stop blowing, the ball will just continue going down cause theres the slant.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Trinity »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Trinity wrote:
older werewolves, having been around for longer -as- a werewolf are also more used to the change. So they can either 'choose' what form they remian or revert to when they drop ( uncocnious death what ever ).

that doesnt make any sense, if i were to just shoot him in the head hes not gonna have time to react to anything, even if he right away wanted to revert, the brain still needs to tell the whole body on what to do. so lets say you wante TF right away, a 1 second later I shoot you in the head. boom the brain cant order what the body to do so, it will stay what ever way they died in,or mabey closest form they were in.mabey if a Gastalt were less than half way to being human form it would go back to being a perfect Gastalt, if it was half way human then it might stay that way, if it was almost human form, it would automatically finish it up.

its like a U shape tube with a ball. if you were to blow the ball realquick an doesnt get passed the middle, it will go back from the beginning, if it was half way across and you stop blowing it, it just stay there. if you blow the ball till it gets pst the middle and then stop blowing, the ball will just continue going down cause theres the slant.
That's why "choose" is in quotes. Because its not a concious choice. Again its what the body decides on a celluar level. Heck if you want somethign REALLY screwed up have them die and have different part sof them in different forms.

This could go over really well ( if gorey and graphic ) in teh idea that massive trauma to the body causes it to totally loose control of itself. There is no thought process in vovled. Just gland-secretions triggered by trauma.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Trinity wrote:Hmmn a Mac truck or train wreck might be a faster way of killing something.

Heh, I was thinking a large safe, (of the ACME variety) but I wanted enough of a body left to talk about reverting.
Cause when a head is removed, the body -still- functions, if for a short bit. Yeah they might be dead, but the heart isn't going to stop just because the head has been suddenyl removed. ;)
Well no, the heart wouldn't stop instantly, but I doubt they'd be breathing much after that. And that's kinda important.
Your thought though does offer serious points to consider. Sudden death would, realistically, not give the body a chance to revert to -anything- beyound say.., bits of flesh and bone. ;)
That's pretty much the conclusion I came to. While you could revert before you die, you'd have to die slow enough to revert.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

i think it takes almost a day or so for the bodies electrical vital sign to deticipate.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Trinity »

Lupin wrote:
Trinity wrote:Hmmn a Mac truck or train wreck might be a faster way of killing something.

Heh, I was thinking a large safe, (of the ACME variety) but I wanted enough of a body left to talk about reverting.
Cause when a head is removed, the body -still- functions, if for a short bit. Yeah they might be dead, but the heart isn't going to stop just because the head has been suddenyl removed. ;)
Well no, the heart wouldn't stop instantly, but I doubt they'd be breathing much after that. And that's kinda important.
heh

*can hear the bubbling sounds of death* hmmn Juicy. ^.^

:splodey:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:Explain what you mean by 'true form.'

The way I see it, a werewolf is a werewolf is a werewolf. They can take on human form, or hybrid form, or wolf form. All of those forms should be natural to them (given time). I imagine their 'true form' would be that in which they are most comfortable, or the one in which they spend the most time. Or possibly the form that makes up the basis of their genetic structure (whatever existed before lycanthropy was contracted).

-- Vilkacis

Well you have two different types of werewolves. One that was born as a werewolf. The other that was bitten.

The "true form" of the one thats bitten is easy. Whatever form they was before being bitten.

Now, the trick question is the one born as a werewolf.

What if the mother spends most of her life in wolf form? Will the cub be born as a full wolf? That makes sence to me because if a human gives birth to a full wolf cub, then that would be silly.

I also can't see a werewolf born in gestalt form. Thats just plain silly. So a "true form" is a full wolf or human. Not gestalt.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:
Vilkacis wrote:Explain what you mean by 'true form.'

The way I see it, a werewolf is a werewolf is a werewolf. They can take on human form, or hybrid form, or wolf form. All of those forms should be natural to them (given time). I imagine their 'true form' would be that in which they are most comfortable, or the one in which they spend the most time. Or possibly the form that makes up the basis of their genetic structure (whatever existed before lycanthropy was contracted).

-- Vilkacis

Well you have two different types of werewolves. One that was born as a werewolf. The other that was bitten.

The "true form" of the one thats bitten is easy. Whatever form they was before being bitten.

Now, the trick question is the one born as a werewolf.

What if the mother spends most of her life in wolf form? Will the cub be born as a full wolf? That makes sence to me because if a human gives birth to a full wolf cub, then that would be silly.

I also can't see a werewolf born in gestalt form. Thats just plain silly. So a "true form" is a full wolf or human. Not gestalt.
Why would a gastalt be silly, its not much of a defferent as giving birth to a wolf or a human baby, in fact giving birth to gastalt will follow the same procedure as giving birth to a human baby, just watchout fo the nose.
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote: Why would a gastalt be silly, its not much of a defferent as giving birth to a wolf or a human baby, in fact giving birth to gastalt will follow the same procedure as giving birth to a human baby, just watchout fo the nose.

Think for a second. A baby werewolf in gestalt form.

Puh-leeeeeezzze!!!

I rather see the werewolf take the gestalt form later in life. Like after puberty or something.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

thats what you would like. but nature will do what it wants and its likely to let werewolf being born in gastalt, and by the way your dissing jaime sidor and goldenwolf by saying that.
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:thats what you would like. but nature will do what it wants and its likely to let werewolf being born in gastalt, and by the way your dissing jaime sidor and goldenwolf by saying that.

This is what I find silly.
A wolf giving birth to a human.

A human giving birth to a wolf.

A human giving birth to a gestalt form werewolf

a wolf giving birth to a gestalt.

-------------------------------------------

A gestalt giving birth to a gestalt is fine.

Understand now?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

nature works in mysterouse ways Figarou. I think a human could give birth to a gastalt werewolf cause the werewolf is thier orignal genitics not a humans. and plus you left out a gastalt giving birth to a gastalt, duh, how could you forget that :wink:
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:nature works in mysterouse ways Figarou. I think a human could give birth to a gastalt werewolf cause the werewolf is thier orignal genitics not a humans.

Nevermind. :roll:

Shadow Wulf wrote:and plus you left out a gastalt giving birth to a gastalt, duh, how could you forget that :wink:

take a closer look at my post.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

:lol: I didnt see that thier, that line made me think it was your signiture, you should really stop doing that i get confused with the line. but find i'll just say your right.
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

That was easy.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:nature works in mysterouse ways Figarou. I think a human could give birth to a gastalt werewolf cause the werewolf is thier orignal genitics not a humans.
I think the they're just too different, and a human mother's body would reject a gestalt/wolf fetus.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:
I think the they're just too different, and a human mother's body would reject a gestalt/wolf fetus.
but i was saying that the mother is a werewolf as well, i dont think it would necceasirly reject it, but if they were to TF while in 5 months birth it could kill the baby which is why they would stay in what ever form there in from they were pregnant until birth, but anyway it wont reject it, its just that the body the mother is in is gotta be in the form the baby is in. The gastalt baby would probably be too big for a human and a wolf so the mother has to change into a gastalt so it can give birth easier. as for the wolf sense you do shrink, it would only have to be in wolf form from the day it was pregnant so it would be able to give birth properly, ditto goes with human. the human mother could give birth to a gastalt but it would be alot more painful and could cause the mother or the baby or both death , so it wouldnt reject it at all, The mother has to be in proper form to give birth.
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Well I know the mother is a werewolf. What I'm saying is that the differences in biology between the forms would be to great to support a pregnancy where the mother is in one form, and the child in another. And most likely any shifting at all would cause the mother miscarry as the womb changes.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:Well I know the mother is a werewolf. What I'm saying is that the differences in biology between the forms would be to great to support a pregnancy where the mother is in one form, and the child in another. And most likely any shifting at all would cause the mother miscarry as the womb changes.
right when the mother gets pregnant she has to shift to her werewolf form in order to support the baby, i have to say now that i think of this, i dont think a werewolf should be able to Tf into both Gastalt and full wolf, it has to be one or the other they can TF in, in history they say that there are 2 different race of werewolf the Gastalt and the full wolf. Im saying this because it will be too hard to figure out what form the baby is in, if a werewolf can be in 3 different forms they wont be able figure out how would the baby would develop as its growing in the body, and if thats the case they would have to be in gastalt form by default, cause i think the gastalt is good enough to have a human baby, or a wolf. the biology would be the same just some added stuff when in werewolf form, the baby could be random form if a werewolf can be in 3 different forms. I dont know a baby would be the same as the mother in gastalt form, you cant control how babies come out when you give birth to them, so why do it with werewolfs.
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

hmm let's see it would deffinitely be human form, cause they were born human, and they think like a human if your mind is human you are human no matter what form you take. If you are a rubber duckie, but think like a human, your true form is in fact human 8)

I feel smart :richwolf:

Isn't this called American gothic? :farmerwolf:
I saw the real thing once and i think it was called American Gothic
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

True Lies

Post by Scott Gardener »

I consider the idea of "true form" to be a metaphysical construct that wouldn't neccessarily have a matching biological counterpart. In other words, I voted no, they don't have a "true form" per se.

Still, the old legends tended to consider the human form the "true form," and werewolves in death would revert to it, a tendancy I carried over into my stories, and I'm not alone in doing so. However, the reversion doesn't always happen--someone killed very quickly wouldn't neccessarily revert, or someone with a high adrenalin rush might stay shifted. Or, someone who died of, say, an allergic reaction, might look pretty awful.

Still, there might be a tendancy to feel as if one form were more true than another. Some might favor the wolf form, particularly therians who got their ultimate dream come true. Others, such as those bitten against their will, would consider the human form the true one. Those in it for the power trip might favor the Gestalt.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

On reversion on death and such:

I discintly remeber AB mentioning that in Freeborn, that if a Werewolf is mortally wounded and dying, they'll shift back to Human (or as much as they can before biting the bullet). I can see the reasoning on this. Leave a normal HUMAN corpse instead of a odd wolf one, or Gestalt form one.

But, when he mentioned this, he also said they won't revert if its a "Instant death" sort of thing, like your head getting blow open. :wink:

Anywho, True form, well, they were originally Human, so that might be what one calls the true form, of course, it all may boil down to one's point of view, some WWs would see one form as the true form, others see the other forms as True, etc. etc.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Aki wrote:On reversion on death and such:

I discintly remeber AB mentioning that in Freeborn, that if a Werewolf is mortally wounded and dying, they'll shift back to Human (or as much as they can before biting the bullet). I can see the reasoning on this. Leave a normal HUMAN corpse instead of a odd wolf one, or Gestalt form one.

But, when he mentioned this, he also said they won't revert if its a "Instant death" sort of thing, like your head getting blow open. :wink:

Anywho, True form, well, they were originally Human, so that might be what one calls the true form, of course, it all may boil down to one's point of view, some WWs would see one form as the true form, others see the other forms as True, etc. etc.
true if their about to die and they know it, they will try to revert back in order to keep thier kind a secret and keep them from danger.
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Figarou wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote: Why would a gastalt be silly, its not much of a defferent as giving birth to a wolf or a human baby, in fact giving birth to gastalt will follow the same procedure as giving birth to a human baby, just watchout fo the nose.

Think for a second. A baby werewolf in gestalt form.

Puh-leeeeeezzze!!!

I rather see the werewolf take the gestalt form later in life. Like after puberty or something.
personaly a baby werewolf in gesalt form would be pretty cute. yes i'm a softy :oops: now get off my back!!!!
THE GAME

My Armory
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

[quote="Aki"]

That makes total sence.