You so Crazy...

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Ghostwolf wrote:For something new, maybe the werewolf just got a power trip. :cafinated: :gangster:

The power to shapeshift goes to is head and try to put all the people around him under is domination. In other word become the alpha. :king:
And again, this isn't actually a result of lycanthropy itself, but of the human being's natural urge to abuse any power he is granted.

I'm not saying it isn't possible -- on the contrary, it's probably a scenario that any werewolf packs out there are familiar with and frequently caution each other about whenever adding a new member to the family, but again, it's a case in which lycanthropy is not so evil as the person that contracts it.
Veruth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Veruth »

I've always been curious as to changes of the brain. I don't think it should change at all, thats it. Yet unless the brain is capable of controlling a tail, which from what I know of it can't, the werewolf would have no part in his brain for the nerves in his tail, the brain shouldn't change at all. Thats also why I call our werewolf race 'uber wolves', because there would be changes from a real wolf to a werewolf in the most wolven form. I think the skull would be bigger in the back to acomidate the brain.
I never thought about the brain size. It's probably already been discussed, but would that mean the full wolf form would be huge to fit the human brain, or would there be a wolven brain in that form?
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Shaun wrote:
I've always been curious as to changes of the brain. I don't think it should change at all, thats it. Yet unless the brain is capable of controlling a tail, which from what I know of it can't, the werewolf would have no part in his brain for the nerves in his tail, the brain shouldn't change at all. Thats also why I call our werewolf race 'uber wolves', because there would be changes from a real wolf to a werewolf in the most wolven form. I think the skull would be bigger in the back to acomidate the brain.
I never thought about the brain size. It's probably already been discussed, but would that mean the full wolf form would be huge to fit the human brain, or would there be a wolven brain in that form?
I don't think the brain would change at all, and as know people have answered my question, none of it would need to change for any addition limbs or for perceiving senses. Though the brain may adapt a bit. I think the skull in a wolven form would have a backside much more like a human to accomodate the brain there. Having the brain change in different forms in my opinion is unnecessary and probally dangerous.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Veruth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Veruth »

That does sound very dangerous, transforming the body is one thing, but the brain? Way too much could go wrong. I like the idea of an enlongated skull in full wolf form too.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Haha, sorry, but Doodles' avatar kicks llama bum!
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

PariahPoet wrote:Haha, sorry, but Doodles' avatar kicks llama bum!
Llamas are just plain cool, I want one :)
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Yeah; cool avatar Outwarddoodles! 8)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Shaun wrote:

Not to worry...there is plenty of space in that wolf skull.

:duckiemind: <-- see?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Shaun wrote:That does sound very dangerous, transforming the body is one thing, but the brain? Way too much could go wrong. I like the idea of an enlongated skull in full wolf form too.
The brain wouldn't have to change, at least not drastically. It might be, well... For lack of a better word, "rearranged" slightly, like when the ears become positioned closer to the top of the head (which I recommend because human ears would look ridiculous on anything other than a human), but overall, the cranial capacity itself shouldn't change.

What would change, as I said before, are the receptors, and this would change the way the brain is permitted to interpret it's surroundings. Such may at first appear to have distorted the brain itself, but over time, it should adapt to it's new focal points and interpret them in more familiar terms.
Veruth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Veruth »

So the brain would change over time as an adaptation to the new sensory equipment, but not a whole lot during the shift?

Edit: my other question has already been answered
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Shaun wrote:So the brain would change over time as an adaptation to the new sensory equipment, but not a whole lot during the shift?

Yeah, the brain is a piece of delicate equipment and doesn't handle changes in shape well.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Shaun wrote:So the brain would change over time as an adaptation to the new sensory equipment, but not a whole lot during the shift?

Yeah, the brain is a piece of delicate equipment and doesn't handle changes in shape well.

he learned from experience folks. :lol:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:
Lupin wrote: Yeah, the brain is a piece of delicate equipment and doesn't handle changes in shape well.

he learned from experience folks. :lol:
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image