Werewlves, science, magic & Secret Scieties

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:What about the lactose intolerance?
Werewolves has a lactose intolerance? Well, its that or die from peanut butter stickyness.

:D
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Figarou wrote:
Werewolves has a lactose intolerance? Well, its that or die from peanut butter stickyness.

I want to solve this conundrum with something other than using my rocket launcher, but, an alternative escapes me.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Figarou wrote:

I want to solve this conundrum with something other than using my rocket launcher, but, an alternative escapes me.
Try bread and grape jelly. That goes good with peanut butter. lck

Peanut butter doesn't go well with rocket launchers. :lol:
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Yes, chocolate sauce is a biatch to clean out, too.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:Yes, chocolate sauce is a biatch to clean out, too.
chocolate sauce is good in Milk.

Mmmmm.... lck
RedWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Werewolves & Secret Societies

Post by RedWolf »

A werewolf movie using the "secret society" theme is currently in development.
See http://www.wolfsbaynethemovie.com/

Here's a plot summary:
>In 1590, the Diet of Augsburg ruled that gypsies were the spawn of Satan >and, therefore, had no rights whatsoever. The ruling allowed Christians to kill >gypsies without penalty, which sparked the church to organize a small group >of religious assassins to carry out the dirty work. Unfortunately, the band of >killer priests were not informed that the gypsies had made a pact of >protection with a powerful werewolf clan, so all hell broke loose. Four >hundred years later, the bloody war between the church, gypsies and >werewolves rages on and it's up to a small-town police chief to end it or die >trying.

http://www.us.imdb.com/title/tt0426629/plotsummary
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Werewolves & Secret Societies

Post by Figarou »

RedWolf wrote:A werewolf movie using the "secret society" theme is currently in development.
See http://www.wolfsbaynethemovie.com/

Here's a plot summary:
>In 1590, the Diet of Augsburg ruled that gypsies were the spawn of Satan >and, therefore, had no rights whatsoever. The ruling allowed Christians to kill >gypsies without penalty, which sparked the church to organize a small group >of religious assassins to carry out the dirty work. Unfortunately, the band of >killer priests were not informed that the gypsies had made a pact of >protection with a powerful werewolf clan, so all hell broke loose. Four >hundred years later, the bloody war between the church, gypsies and >werewolves rages on and it's up to a small-town police chief to end it or die >trying.

http://www.us.imdb.com/title/tt0426629/plotsummary
Another film to put on my "do not watch" checklist.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

ANTIcarrot. wrote:One minor consiquence is that the werewolf might have a pretty good idea of what it actually is and how its strengths and weaknesses work. True there'd be a lot of lore and myth anyway, but they might be ableto sort the wheat from the chaff much more easily after a quick search of the local library/internet.

Of course as to what usemor value that information might have... :?

ANTIcarrot.
I think I see what you're getting at. Basically, a werewolf would be able to sort out the legitimate sightings from the phonies by comparring the description of the werewolf in the article to the best way he would describe himself and his pack mates when in werewolf form, right? Like if he and all of his pack mates were six feet tall in were form, and the werewolf described in the article was said to be eight feet tall, he would recognize the entire article as BS just by that one sentence, right?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:
ANTIcarrot. wrote:One minor consiquence is that the werewolf might have a pretty good idea of what it actually is and how its strengths and weaknesses work. True there'd be a lot of lore and myth anyway, but they might be ableto sort the wheat from the chaff much more easily after a quick search of the local library/internet.

Of course as to what usemor value that information might have... :?

ANTIcarrot.
I think I see what you're getting at. Basically, a werewolf would be able to sort out the legitimate sightings from the phonies by comparring the description of the werewolf in the article to the best way he would describe himself and his pack mates when in werewolf form, right? Like if he and all of his pack mates were six feet tall in were form, and the werewolf described in the article was said to be eight feet tall, he would recognize the entire article as BS just by that one sentence, right?
And if there was a picture in the article, the werewolf could say...

"Why do they always get my bad side." :wink:
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

Was just reading in the forum and I saw someone mention Blade. Now I'm not sure how true this is but it is rumored that there will be a fourth blade and that it will involve werewolves. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get your hopes up. I've seen char. sketches of the werewolf and it's a crappy pre-snarled rat/money/ferret mix with mange... who was it that said hollywood had "logic"?
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

I must say that "Wolfsbayne" looks absolutely pathetic and the plot is one of the worst that I've heard of that deals with werewolves. At least Underworld had fair plot...
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

akujiwolf wrote:Was just reading in the forum and I saw someone mention Blade. Now I'm not sure how true this is but it is rumored that there will be a fourth blade and that it will involve werewolves. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get your hopes up. I've seen char. sketches of the werewolf and it's a crappy pre-snarled rat/money/ferret mix with mange... who was it that said hollywood had "logic"?

Well, I read this in another forum.
This is kind of a long shot since the story has only been optioned and hasn't actually gone into production yet, but last February it was reported that Lauren Moews, who produced Cabin Fever, is supposedly working on an adaptation of Karl Edward Wagner's Reflections for the Winter of My Soul, which is a Kane story about werewolves (Kane being sort of a cross between Conan, the Biblical Cain, and Melmoth the Wanderer, for those not familiar with him).
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

akujiwolf wrote:who was it that said hollywood had "logic"?
Don't look at me. I want to know how this wall climbing crap got started.

:x :x