Mating Season

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Do werewolves have a mating season?

Yes
48%
No
34%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
18%

Total votes: 50

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Bare with me

Post by Scott Gardener »

Figarou:
whoa whoa. hold on. stop the bus!!

1st of all, shouldn't it be bare and not bear?
Nah. I thought my werewolves would give birth to bear cubs. Exactly how to work this out genetically, I haven't yet figured out, but I'm working on it.
:lol:
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Bare with me

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Figarou:
whoa whoa. hold on. stop the bus!!

1st of all, shouldn't it be bare and not bear?
Nah. I thought my werewolves would give birth to bear cubs. Exactly how to work this out genetically, I haven't yet figured out, but I'm working on it.
:lol:

I've seen some places on the internet use "bare young." Did a Google search and found several more. Also did a search using "bear young." I was a bit confused when I found both being used to say the same thing.

This cleared it up for me.

Bare is an archaic past of BEAR.
Timberwolf

Post by Timberwolf »

Oooohh yeahhhhh. (pant, pant, tail wagging) But don't forget, with real wolves only the Alpha male and female mate. The others just have to take cold showers.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Timberwolf wrote:Oooohh yeahhhhh. (pant, pant, tail wagging) But don't forget, with real wolves only the Alpha male and female mate. The others just have to take cold showers.
Actually, that is inccorect.

The other Wolves CAN mate, and the pups will be cared for, its just discouraged if theres a shortage of prey.

But if say, there a good amount of prey, or several Pack members got killed, then it would be encouraged. More so if both happened...

As for this whole mating season thing, nah, it might manifest a having stronger urges at certain times, but not like with wolves. Werewolves do remain human most of the time....

Well, most of them.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

A werewolf mating season is an interesting concept to play around with :wink: Maybe, the more often they stay in wolf or gestalt form, the stronger those feelings would be at mating time. Like for any who has gone ferel, more of a wolf mindset. Less of a desire for some werewolf that lives in a city as a human most of the time.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'm starting the feel that because I'm only 13, I shouldn't be in this topic. :wink:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Oh feh, I'm only 16, and I learned about this stuff at age 11. However if you feel you're too young to discuss it or are afraid of how your parents would react if they caught you looking at this then you'd probably be better off not bothering with the topic.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

While it's true that sexual education is an important topic, I hardly think that it's a burning priorty to continue discussing the extrapolation of the sexual life of lycanthropes, especially since, unlike, say, The Howling 2, or Dark Wolf, the premise of FreeBorn will not dwell on lycanthropic mating rituals and or sex.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
lonewolf16

Post by lonewolf16 »

:oops: Umm, well considering i am a mutt really (half human half wolf) I really think there is because i can feel it in me when it comes around, and it comes on very strong. I have to do my best to refrain from it because if anyone i know knew, they would probably try to kill me themselves... :oops: [/b]
*Lonewolf16*