Total votes: 26

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Vuldari wrote:
RedEye wrote: Please don't hate me, Vuldari...
I don't hate anyone for having ambitious and creative dreams...I just prefer that they maintain a firm grip on reality.

...fewer failed "Leaps of Faith" and Shattered Dreams that way...

On that subject though...I think that a Therian that is a Therian based off of the physical heritage of being a Werewolf that can not shift would be a different meaning and interpretation of the word "Therian".

A physical Therian is different from a spiritual Therian ... is different from a shapeshifting Were ... is different from a Spiritual Were, which is the Same as a Spiritual Therian.

...or something like that...
"Physical therians"...?
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

on a deeper level I'd say yes, some of us have phantom shifts, ( I feel fur that isn't there and have felt what I thought were my organs moving)
some of us have mental shifts, and some have both (yes I have wanted to hunt deer with nothing but my bare hands)
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I believe 'physical' is a lot different then 'phantom' or 'spiritual' connections.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Whoa...the poll is split 50 50...i didnt expect that. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Morkulv wrote:"Physical therians"...?

...just the most topic appropriate name I could come up with to describe what an actual Werewolf with a shifting disorder would be...

The mind would be wolfish do to the genetic, physical presence of lycanthopic "wolfyness", instead of a spiritual Wolf Connection.

..."physical therian"...

Okay, nevermind...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I sure as hell prefer the word "kemono" than therian... but I just sound so weaboo saying it.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

kitetsu wrote:I sure as hell prefer the word "kemono" than therian... but I just sound so weaboo saying it.
Easier to say "therian" anyway. Some people actually know what in hell you're talkng about then. :grinp:

Were, therian...all y'all look alike to me. :lol:
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Vuldari wrote:
Morkulv wrote:"Physical therians"...?

...just the most topic appropriate name I could come up with to describe what an actual Werewolf with a shifting disorder would be...

The mind would be wolfish do to the genetic, physical presence of lycanthopic "wolfyness", instead of a spiritual Wolf Connection.

..."physical therian"...

Okay, nevermind...
Personally, when you are talking 'physically', they should be considered were's. Thats why I voted 'yes' in the poll.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Morkulv wrote:Personally, when you are talking 'physically', they should be considered were's. Thats why I voted 'yes' in the poll.
...and I voted no because I believe no such people do, or have ever existed. Physical Genetic cross-breeds between Humans and Wolves?...ennnhhh...No... No such thing.

That was a hypothetical statement.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Face it, The closest any 0f us will get to being a wolf is with some form of sugery, if anyone hates their human form that much
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Then what did YOU mean by "Physical"?

=^.^'= ~
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I dunno I never really thought about it before. :? I mean I have but not exactly on "whether I should call myself a were". I don't even like the word therian, I'm not really...sure I believe a lot in some things therianthropes say.

I just consider myself a spiritual 'shape shifter' (Shifting by mental thought not by physical means. I really do like my human body, wolves and cats and dragons and birds cannot play guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). What I mean is I do it by meditation.

I do use therianthrope to simplify sometimes though. It's kinda handy. Like swear words. :lol: :lol: :lol: (Just kidding around)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Fang wrote:Face it, The closest any 0f us will get to being a wolf is with some form of sugery, if anyone hates their human form that much
That's not fer surely true yuh know :P
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »