Werewolves and Vampires

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

CrypticIdentity wrote:
Reilune wrote:Anyway...weren't we talking about werewolves?
Yah. I believe I've caused a little off-topic discussion...Sorry :( . Though this topic has given me ideas for stories... This topic can be closed if you want.
Vampires

Bleh :P

Wait, I said that already. :oops:
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

From a moviegoers perspective, I always thought movie makers traditionally favored vampire stories over werewolf stories, mostly because vampires are less complex to deal with.

Stick some fangs in a guys mouth, shoot him with a day-for-night filter, have him seduce some virgin, neatly neck with said virgin, then its home before sunrise just in time to be staked by the aforementioned virgin's boyfriend. Vampire. Simple.

Transition some guy to a face and hands covered in fur(at very least), show him only "getting his wolf on" during a full moon, then messily ripping the sh** out of some hapless co-ed (after stalking her for what seems like hours), then have him shot with a silver bullet by the aforementioned co-eds boyfriend(who somehow has all of the resources to get said bullet made). Werewolf. Complex.

Anyhoo, that's what I used to think. Technology has leveled the playing field as far as the effects go, but the number of werewolf feature films still lag behind the number of vampire films, by some huge number I'm sure.

Hopefully, my fellow werewolf fans, we will change this in the future.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

fullmoonfury wrote:From a moviegoers perspective, I always thought movie makers traditionally favored vampire stories over werewolf stories, mostly because vampires are less complex to deal with.

Stick some fangs in a guys mouth, shoot him with a day-for-night filter, have him seduce some virgin, neatly neck with said virgin, then its home before sunrise just in time to be staked by the aforementioned virgin's boyfriend. Vampire. Simple.

Transition some guy to a face and hands covered in fur(at very least), show him only "getting his wolf on" during a full moon, then messily ripping the sh** out of some hapless co-ed (after stalking her for what seems like hours), then have him shot with a silver bullet by the aforementioned co-eds boyfriend(who somehow has all of the resources to get said bullet made). Werewolf. Complex.

Anyhoo, that's what I used to think. Technology has leveled the playing field as far as the effects go, but the number of werewolf feature films still lag behind the number of vampire films, by some huge number I'm sure.

Personally, I think it's because vampires are so much easier on the costume department. Vampires only need fangs and, if you're going for realism, some white make-up (they should be pale if they've never seen the sun in years). Werewolves, on the other hand, require either tons of prosthetics or an assload of CGI, both of which are difficult to make look good. Plus, thanks to vampire movies like Blade and werewolf movies like Darkwolf, consumers tend to think of vampire movies as being potential and werewolf movies as being crap.
Hopefully we can change that. :wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:
fullmoonfury wrote:From a moviegoers perspective, I always thought movie makers traditionally favored vampire stories over werewolf stories, mostly because vampires are less complex to deal with.

Personally, I think it's because vampires are so much easier on the costume department. Vampires only need fangs and, if you're going for realism, some white make-up (they should be pale if they've never seen the sun in years). Werewolves, on the other hand, require either tons of prosthetics or an assload of CGI, both of which are difficult to make look good. Plus, thanks to vampire movies like Blade and werewolf movies like Darkwolf, consumers tend to think of vampire movies as being potential and werewolf movies as being crap.
Hopefully we can change that. :wink:

Vampires are not always in human form. Look at the one in Van Helsing.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Figarou wrote: Vampires are not always in human form. Look at the one in Van Helsing.
Um, yes...
Sure.
Nevermind that they stole the idea of Dracula turning into a demonic monster from Castlevania.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Figarou wrote: Vampires are not always in human form. Look at the one in Van Helsing.
Um, yes...
Sure.
Nevermind that they stole the idea of Dracula turning into a demonic monster from Castlevania.

stole the idea? :?
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Vampires Drool, Werewolves Rule!!!!

Post by Anubis »

Whats so great to about Vampires!!! all they do is sit around and drink blood, polleeease!! :roll: Werewolves are kings and Queens of the wild. they can kick dracula's a** any day just like in Van Helsing, of corse we all know that. werewolves are the coolist shape shifters they have 2 awsome wolf forms and what can vampires do a pint size bat!!!!

Vampires they are sooo smug, I hate them!!!!! to hell with thee!
Last edited by Anubis on Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Pfft!! I hate those vamps! Nasty, cold, blood sucking pieces of rotten meats that need a freaking tan! That's what they are! This...yes this makes me want to draw a picture of a werewolf ripping a vamp apart! :x
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

:)

Your preaching to the quire :D
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

yea thats a picture that i'll love to see!! do it!!!!!!
THE GAME

My Armory
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

A will do. But until then, look at this picture goldenwolf made:

http://www.goldenwolfen.com/archive/200 ... gotcha.jpg

Die! :x

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

yeah rip him apart!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :howl:  :oo
THE GAME

My Armory
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

I wonder...are we racist againist Vampires? So what whould the word be if we are 'cause a Vampire isn't a race...I think.

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

no its not racist sice they are the real monsters, beside they don't exist
THE GAME

My Armory
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I bear no particular ill-will to Vampire. So long as they don't f*** with me, i don't really care too much. :P
Whats so great to about Vampires!!!
Increased senses, superhuman strength speed and agility. Immortality (of the eternal young type, not unkillable type), probable increased regeneration of wounds. Etc. I wouldn't sell them short. Vampires are predators. Of a decent quality. You need to be powerful in mind and body to hunt humans like they do.

Or charming and seductive.
and what can vampires do a pint size bat!!!!
Dr acula could also take the form of a wolf i believe. And mist i think. And White Wolf's (the company rthat made Werewolf: The Apocalypse and such) Gangrel Vampires have some shapeshifting. I think the Ancient even can turn into a sun. Not sure though...
This...yes this makes me want to draw a picture of a werewolf ripping a vamp apart!
Werewolf Vs. Vampire is so cliche'.

You know what i wanna see?

Vampire Versus LICH.

The two biggest Undead Egos duking it out.
:lol:

Also; its amusing how you guys seem to have no rational for hating vampires. :wink:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Aki wrote:Also; its amusing how you guys seem to have no rational for hating vampires. :wink:
I hate Vampires because they are human Parasites, and I really, really HATE Parasites. (Like Leaches, Mosquitoes, Ticks, etc. ...nasty bloodsuckers.)

...however, I like to think that I am a very open minded and understanding person, so if I were to run into a person on the street who associated himself with vampires the way many of us here do to Werewolves, I would hold no prejudice against that person. (though I may be tempted to ask them, "...WHY?!?..."
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

What the hell is a Lich?

I hate vampires because of how they treat werewolves. I don't and never seen them as cool and hate the new look they seem to have taken. A vampire, in folklore, are not good looking men are woman. I don't know where this look for them ever came up. :roll:

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

*nods* i don't know why they depict vamps as devnair and good looking, but it dose give me another reason for me to hate them :)

vampires they are sooo smug, i hate them!!!! to hell with thee :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I think what he means is leach, and the reason why I hate vampires is probably because of movies. They make them soo, sexualy active and they act like thier about to have sex right when they taste or even see blood, I find this very immature. And plus the pale skin! I much rather indore pain while a TF than to have pale white skin and live a nocturnal life and suck the blood of other people like a parasite for the rest of my life. Atleast werewolfs are consider living things. And thier much cuter and fluffier :D Id love to hug a werewolf really hard around thier waste." I LOVE YOU!!!"
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

The werewolf drawing is just a sketch now. I'm just wondering if you still want me to finish it because it is almost ready to ink and if no-one wants him to rip apart the vamp, I could still change it and make him just a mad wolf. :D

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

do it i want to see dracula get his :evil: :wink: muw ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! i love gore :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

The only good vampire was dracula you got to give him credit he liked werewolves/wolves he may have been one of just a few but he said it
*wolf howels*

Listen to them the children of the night, what music they make
Ah crap I'am doing it again aren't I i'am defending the said that i hate

DARN IT!!!!!!!!! :cry:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

uuuuuh, ooooookay ?? <_< >_> kicks dracula in the nads and runs away
THE GAME

My Armory