Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory.

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I don't know, I found this Veruca rather boring. The one in the first film actually made me cringe when she threatened to scream. And like I said, I flat-out *liked* this Augustus :) He was a fun guy to watch onscreen.

Greed would probably fit Charlie. He had no trouble grabbing that money in the gutter and he spent it on himself. He was also ready to throw that golden ticket away to the highest bidder. Sure, I can relate, poverty corrupts as easily as lucre does. It says in my New World of Darkness rulebook that Greed is also known as Avarice. I almost see him and Augustus as flip sides to the same coin.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

vrikasatma wrote:He was also ready to throw that golden ticket away to the highest bidder. Sure, I can relate, poverty corrupts as easily as lucre does.
Yeah, but he wasn't going to sell it because he wanted the money, he was selling it because his family needed the money.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Lupin wrote:Yeah, but he wasn't going to sell it because he wanted the money, he was selling it because his family needed the money.
This is what I would have said. Veruca's behavior is a result of greed whereas Charlie's behavior is a result of desperation.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Oh fine, I'll need to set up some time to see the movie, but I'm okay with it, and it's getting good reviews. Theres just one problem, I'm afraid that a younger generation of veiwers, kids or maybe even other people around my age who don't like Wonka as I do, may adopt the 'New Willy Wonka' as the final Wonka. Being these both are takes on a book the only final Willy Wonka you can get is from coming up with what he really is from the book. I don't want that Willy Wonka being adopted as THE Willy Wonka, and the only kind.

Oh, and to those who have seen the Movie; Do they have the cool sound effect when Charlie (who looks like a dork btw.) finds the Golden Ticket? You know, the little thing with the flute? I always loved hearing that as a child.
:D

<_<
>_>

"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Awww, I love that Wonka wolfie!!! :wonkawolf: :love:

I loved the movie as well. :D Tim Burton, Danny Elfman and Johnny Depp; my three great idols :lovestruck: It was mavoulous! :wonkawolf: :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo I must admit the original movie scared the s*** outof me; those Oompa Loompas *shudders* But I do respect the original as well, that Wonka was amazing. When I think of Willy Wonka, I think of the original, the newer one, and the cartoon one from those candy commercials :D

edit: hmm, a cursin' censor now...ah well :wink:
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I got the DVD as a late birthday/get well soon present and took it to my chemo session today. The deluxe two-disk edition has a tutorial on how to do the Oompa-Loompa dances for Augustus Gloop and Violet Beauregard. I unfortunately suppressed the urge to jump up and follow their example...the nurses probably would have gotten a kick out of it, but I had too many tubes hanging off me...

Anyway, what interested me was how cool this movie would be as a cult/midnight flick with audience participation: costuming,, dancing in front of the screen, singalongs...it's not bad enough for lining like Rocky Horror, but that could be fun.

Maybe back-to-back showings of the first one and the new one? Duelling/crossing-over fan followings? Argh...must resist fannish creative endeavours...they're fun but they almost never make money...
ImageImageImageImage