This place is kinda dead.

The place for anything at all...
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

I only pop in maybe twice a week now. My life has changed massively these past few months.

That, coupled with a few of my close buds leaving has kind of knocked the wind out of my sails.

Also, and this is in no way a critiscism, purely an observation. But I have noticed, more than a few times, new/ish members getting panned for covering a topic that has already been discussed. Surely for the sake of the newer members, they should be allowed to pursue these repeated subject threads. The amount of newer active members surely warrants that they be allowed to express their views on a subject whether it be new or old.

If it is a repeated topic, should they be slated for not having searched the archives first before posting? I think not, it doesn't even have to be mentioned, just quietly merged with the existing thread.

This way nobody is discouraged from posting and the forums keep buzzing along. You never know, someone may even have a fresh view or outlook on things.

Like I say, just an observation.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Moderators can't merge threads unfortunately. They can only split topics apart. Only admins can merge. Therefore all mods can do is link them for further reference. I'm only an temporary admin myself so I wont always be capable. I'd be more than happy to merge threads with existing topics when it is appropriate, but that ability should be given to moderators to cover every instance it is needed. Most importantly is dealing with such matters quietly so nobody complains.

Some may have also noticed how threads with non-descript subject lines often get an added topic name in parenthases. That's me, reminding you that a subject line is to distinguish the subject of the thread. At least it's handled quietly... and nobody complains. That's good administration work.

My only advice is... if you aren't a mod or admin, don't try and act like one. Contact one of us to handle the situation properly, and nobody will be forced to turn away from the forum with discust. Such as being told their thread was "already discussed". For big important topics, that can be a bother for a newcommer. (Can't say the same if it's just a silly video or joke.)
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

....where did this rant come from :lol: ??
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

ILL ALWAYS BE HERE!!!

and good point...this was a little random
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Fenrir wrote:....where did this rant come from :lol: ??
Mine ore Lupine's? I was just answering him with a report on how moderators deal with things in a manner that prevents the problems he mentioned.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

And mine wasn't a rant, merely an observation and comment.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

holy crap, why didnt I see this thread before?! :?

Anyway, true this forum has died down since last year. We all predicted this will happen.

But luckily Freeborn is making steady progress. Although I wish it be more.

EDIT:It could also that too much of a good thing can be bad. When everyone was joining last year we all loved it and had so much werewolf questions and meet new friends and so on. well now its all answered and we practicly lost half of the veterans. of our beloved pack members, when veterans leave, a part of the pack goes with them. For example...if Figarou leaves then this entire forum will die.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Many forums that are not subject based have a lot of traffic on their general conversation forum.

We could use more general topics.