The place for anything at all...
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I find it amusing that i'm still here, apart from research, because it's a guilty pleasure from afar to see you guys degenerate because of just one misunderstanding. Nice sensitive touch there, Terastas. Did you ever think about Fred's feelings when you made the backlash?

And what's going to happen now that Matt's gone? Are you going to come after me as well just because i share similar jaded views as he does?
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

kitetsu wrote:I find it amusing that i'm still here, apart from research, because it's a guilty pleasure from afar to see you guys degenerate because of just one misunderstanding. Nice sensitive touch there, Terastas. Did you ever think about Fred's feelings when you made the backlash?

And what's going to happen now that Matt's gone? Are you going to come after me as well just because i share similar jaded views as he does?
yes i wish people would just stop giving such a big steamier over others opinions
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

kitetsu wrote:I find it amusing that i'm still here, apart from research, because it's a guilty pleasure from afar to see you guys degenerate because of just one misunderstanding. Nice sensitive touch there, Terastas. Did you ever think about Fred's feelings when you made the backlash?

By Fred, do you mean Fredriksam? Why should he have any reason to feel bad? He didn't do anything wrong, nobody ever spoke out directly against him or his friend (Matt insisted that people would, but nobody actually did), and he didn't actually do anything to make this conflict happen. Matt "up and leaving" like this was, if you ask me, inevitable: If not now, he would have responded this way to another thread at a later time. Fred hasn't done anything he should have any negative feelings about.

What's going to happen now that Matt's gone? There will be a thread about bootleggers in which I won't have to remind anyone that not all liberals support Chinese-brand plagiarism, that's what. I don't look for flamers to get in a scuffle with, I just deal with them after they reveal themselves.

There's a rule against bashing members, and even though he claims to have left, Matt is still officially a member, so I'm going to refrain from expressing my thoughts until the mods deliver the verdict.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

The funny thing is, all Matt has ever said before he left with his waaaaahmbulance was that he doesn't support piracy. If he was to reveal himself as a flamer, he would've blatantly called Fred every name he could pull out of his own a** syrup. He said what he feels like saying. That's also what i would say if i wasn't so reduced to lurking because the collective sensitivity in this place is overwhelming.

You, on the other hand, stooped lower than he did and said:
What the hell is wrong with you Matt? Is there nothing we can't talk about without you bashing 1/4 to 1/2 the Pack?
I think this is what's called a contradiction. In fact, i think this part of your post is more emotionally-fuelled than you're intending it to be.
Last edited by JoshuaMadoc on Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Wo-how... What a soap-story this turned out to be. I wish I hadn't post in here in the first place. It is obvious that a lot of people are a bit... on the edge so to say.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

yes its become the worse then ever, o well i always other forums if this one goes off the deep end
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Morkulv wrote:Wo-how... What a soap-story this turned out to be. I wish I hadn't post in here in the first place. It is obvious that a lot of people are a bit... on the edge so to say.
If my childhood wasn't so full of s***, i would've been part of the soapie episode as well, because then i wouldn't know how to cope with "mean people" the way i do now.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

To cheer up this thread, why dont we all learn how to do an insane car battery hack. :lol:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s_8n2Qgguto
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

Shadow Wulf wrote:To cheer up this thread, why dont we all learn how to do an insane car battery hack. :lol:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s_8n2Qgguto
:o
thats alot of battery's
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

kitetsu wrote:The funny thing is, all Matt has ever said before he left with his waaaaahmbulance was that he doesn't support piracy.
MattSullivan wrote:( I expect arguments since many people on this board lean to the extreme left )
Matt knows there are liberals on this board. He knows that because we all told him we didn't support piracy the last time he lashed out against liberals as a whole in the last thread we had about video piracy. Just because he wasn't insulting the topic starter doesn't mean he wasn't insulting anyone.

No offense Kitetsu, but I think you went out of your way to be insulted by me. What are you trying to accomplish from this? From here, it looks like you're trying to lure me into attacking you so I'll look like the bad guy here. If that's not the case, I apologize, but you are indeed under my skin until further notice.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

But he's telling the truth, isn't he? Is that such a painful thing? Of course, he could've just said nothing, but come on...

And the only thing i'm "insulted" towards is how you're making me wonder more and more about just how much honesty i'm allowed to have in this place. From my point of "here", i'm merely pointing out that there is an obvious irregularity in your tone of voice that i feel needs to be noted. So obvious it sticks out like a sore thumb. That's all i did.

And lastly, great, i'm also under your skin. I've never had a feeling like that ever since i was kicked out of school for being a furry.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

Terastas wrote:From here, it looks like you're trying to lure me into attacking you so I'll look like the bad guy here. If that's not the case, I apologize, but you are indeed under my skin until further notice.
Actually, when you add little blurbs like THAT one... it does make you the bad guy. Everyone is intitled to opinions, no matter how brutal they may be. It is allowed here. Personal attacks are not. You did it at least twice in this thread. Any more drama here and it's locked.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

kitetsu wrote:But he's telling the truth, isn't he? Is that such a painful thing? Of course, he could've just said nothing, but come on...
Telling the truth? What, by insisting that all liberals support black-market plagiarism? After all the complaining about drama, are you seriously parroting the same statement that started all this drama in the first place?

Thats it, now I know you're trying to cause conflict. Mods, go ahead and lock this before it gets worse.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

Terastas wrote:
kitetsu wrote:But he's telling the truth, isn't he? Is that such a painful thing? Of course, he could've just said nothing, but come on...
Telling the truth? What, by insisting that all liberals support black-market plagiarism? After all the complaining about drama, are you seriously parroting the same statement that started all this drama in the first place?

Thats it, now I know you're trying to cause conflict. Mods, go ahead and lock this before it gets worse.
well he said he expected arguments because some of the extreme left people supported piracy, if you look at the topic, some of the pro-pirates where extreme left, lets look at the line again
I expect arguments since many people on this board lean to the extreme left )
where does he say all extreme left are supporting piracy? all he is saying he is expecting a argument from one of the extreme left since in the last topic most of the supporters for piracy where extreme left

BUT

in retrospect Matt should have held is tongue on that statement since its very easy to take it the wrong way(like kaebora stated before) but Matt IMO isn't the one to back away from his opinion just to keep things quiet from what has been said so far
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Lukas wrote:where does he say all extreme left are supporting piracy? all he is saying he is expecting a argument from one of the extreme left since in the last topic most of the supporters for piracy where extreme left
:? There were supporters for piracy in the last thread? That's news to me. :P

Granted, he didn't flat out write "all extreme-lefties are pirating scum," but he did state that he expected arguments because there were extreme-lefties (like myself) on the forum. That's basically an indirect way of stating such. I could have taken it as just a poorly worded statement, but as I said, Matt took a stab at the left wing in the last piracy-related discussion we had before this one too.

That's what really bothered me about him: Not that he threw out offensive remarks, but that he kept reiterating the same remarks. Text doesn't translate tone or intention, so I know misunderstandings in chat rooms happen frequently. Still, it's foolish to say/do the exact same thing and expect completely different results, so having offended me and the rest of the liberals the first time, I'm assuming he knew he was going to the second time around as well. :P Same with the anti-furry threads; he knew they caused problems, but he still kept starting new ones. I don't know why he did what he did, but I'm assuming he was intelligent enough to know what would happen as a result.

So please, don't get mad at me, Fredriksam, or anyone else because Matt "up and left" over this. Like I said, I think he would have just done this over something else at a later time anyway. I didn't get a chance to read his farewell before it was locked and edited. . . But if that's the tame version, I think I can live without seeing the original. :P

So, umm. . . Yeah, hip-hip-hooray for Fredriksam's friend. We all agreed on that to begin with, right?
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

Honestly though... if someone is starting an argument, why would you participate? Save face by not answering them. Quite simple really. :| Indeed we're all guilty of that, but most of us should at least make an effort to ignore those kinds of comments.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

We seem to have discovered the Zen of disagreements. We all in essence agree, but we're arguing anyway. Basically, Matt predicted that people would argue, assuming that many of us support piracy. Even though that doesn't seem to be the case after all, we still gave him his argument, upset instead that he suggested we did.

Anyhow, that bit aside,

Bravo! Good catch on bringing down the film piracy ring!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Kaebora wrote:Honestly though... if someone is starting an argument, why would you participate?
Two reasons.

1) Ignoring the bully never makes him go away. If we all looked the other way whenever someone spammed, flame, or posted inflammatory remarks, more often than not, it comes across as an invitation, not only for him to continue, but also for other spammers/flamers to come to the forum and do the same thing.

2) Because everyone has a breaking point. I try to deal with troublemakers before I reach mine so I can deal with the instigator directly and rationally, as opposed to flying off the handle and lashing out at the instigator and everyone near him. Just as I think Matt would have left over something else in the future instead of this here and now, I also know eventually someone else would have erupted at him had I not responded first.

That's why. It isn't always pretty, but I believe it's necessary. I've been surfing the net and posting at web communities like this since I was thirteen; that's long enough to have seen more than one forum degenerate into spammers paradises because nobody ever spoke up and said it was a problem. I really don't want to see that happen here.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

You think you're such a know it all terstas. You call me a "BULLY" for voicing an opinion? You 'd like to live in a safe and happy world where no one gets offended by anything? That is the attitude of a control freak! It's worse than the oft-espoused attitude most lefties have that rich people should divide up their money, JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE RICH!

"oooh! Boo Hoo! You have more moeny than us! that means you're evil! We deserve the money YOU worked hard to make! WAHHHH!"

Don't understand the connection. Think about it..
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Okay, you know what, everyone needs to calm down. Nothing is being gained from giving Matt crap, and nothing is being gained from responding to it.

Let it go.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

:D Matt! Hey, welcome back, how've you been? See everyone, I told you he was still reading this.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Now Terastas is acting completely out of character. "Hate" to say this, but i find it worrying.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Terastas wrote:
Lukas wrote:where does he say all extreme left are supporting piracy? all he is saying he is expecting a argument from one of the extreme left since in the last topic most of the supporters for piracy where extreme left
:? There were supporters for piracy in the last thread? That's news to me. :P

Granted, he didn't flat out write "all extreme-lefties are pirating scum," but he did state that he expected arguments because there were extreme-lefties (like myself) on the forum. That's basically an indirect way of stating such. I could have taken it as just a poorly worded statement, but as I said, Matt took a stab at the left wing in the last piracy-related discussion we had before this one too.

That's what really bothered me about him: Not that he threw out offensive remarks, but that he kept reiterating the same remarks. Text doesn't translate tone or intention, so I know misunderstandings in chat rooms happen frequently. Still, it's foolish to say/do the exact same thing and expect completely different results, so having offended me and the rest of the liberals the first time, I'm assuming he knew he was going to the second time around as well. :P Same with the anti-furry threads; he knew they caused problems, but he still kept starting new ones. I don't know why he did what he did, but I'm assuming he was intelligent enough to know what would happen as a result.

So please, don't get mad at me, Fredriksam, or anyone else because Matt "up and left" over this. Like I said, I think he would have just done this over something else at a later time anyway. I didn't get a chance to read his farewell before it was locked and edited. . . But if that's the tame version, I think I can live without seeing the original. :P

So, umm. . . Yeah, hip-hip-hooray for Fredriksam's friend. We all agreed on that to begin with, right?
No we didn't. I don't give a thing about man with videocam's.

Also, what the f*** are you doing? Are you trying to dig this thread in a f*** grave or something? Leave it alone.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

true true, we should calm down, im afraid if we keeping going this way(including me) this might happen

Edit: Image Removed due to NSFW content. Was a picture of a Sunni tribesman killed and his heart ripped out by a Shiite militia.
warning image very graphic!
add Imgs to the end of the picture and you will see what im talking about
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Was that image really necasarry?