no
40%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
30%

Total votes: 43

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:I
The moon, I don't connect the moon to much with a fandom for werwolves. I just really think the moon is pretty and I love the way the moon looks as it is by the path it takes around the earth and by the way the sun shines and we veiw it. Just understanding why it looks like it changes, come out at diferent times, and looks like it is at different places.

I don't connect with the moon. But I do enjoy looking at it. I work nights and I'm always outside. Seeing the moon rising over the horizon is always a fasinating view no matter what phase its in. Also the lunar eclipse is something I like to view.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Figarou wrote:
outwarddoodles wrote:I
The moon, I don't connect the moon to much with a fandom for werwolves. I just really think the moon is pretty and I love the way the moon looks as it is by the path it takes around the earth and by the way the sun shines and we veiw it. Just understanding why it looks like it changes, come out at diferent times, and looks like it is at different places.

I don't connect with the moon. But I do enjoy looking at it. I work nights and I'm always outside. Seeing the moon rising over the horizon is always a fasinating view no matter what phase its in. Also the lunar eclipse is something I like to view.
Yes, I just love to veiw the moon. I've never seen a solar eclipse but I think I've seen a lunar. It was very red looking and purdy.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

outwarddoodles wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Yes, I just love to veiw the moon. I've never seen a solar eclipse but I think I've seen a lunar. It was very red looking and purdy.
Yeah, I love how things look in the moonlight, everthing takes on this errie silver quality that looks so cool. I found a really nice place to watch the moon rise over the horizon. Now I just need to get over there with the camera and take some pictures.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

8-ball wrote:ASK AGAIN LATER
Okay, time to try this again:

*shakes his magic 8-ball* Is he crazy?

8-ball: PROBABLY NOT

Now I understand ^_^

wolf marine wrote:i have a deep obession with werewolves. i howl when nobody is looking i walk on my tippy toes. i feel primal in cemitarys, i stare at the moon for hours. i don't shave and i'm known to show my teeth and some times growl when i'm pissed. and i feel home in the woods. also when i'm bored i try to transform.

either i'm a werewolf or i need a girl friend realy realy bad!!! and i hpoe it the first one :)
Many people have many obsessions with many things. An obsession with werewolves is far from the most dangerous, although uncommon. The depth of your obsession is the question here.

You say that when nobody is looking, you howl and walk on your tippy toes. This is not a sign of being nuts -- you're showing restraint by not doing it when others are around, which is generally a trait lacking in the insane.

As for feeling primal in cemeteries, it is not uncommon for people to feel strong emotions in such places.

Staring at the moon for hours is rather obsessive, but not a sign of insanity.

A lot of people don't shave. Some because they are lazy; some because not doing so feels natural or they like it that way, and some because they are too young.

A lot of people show their teeth and growl when angry; although, not to a great degree. Again, by no means a sign of insanity.

Feeling at home in the woods is far from an uncommon trait as well. A forest, and nature in general, has a way of calming people down.

Trying to transform when you're bored is just another sign of your obsession with werewolves. It's also a sign that you have wants, desires, and hopes. Most would find them illogical and unreasonable, but it is a healthy sign, nonetheless.

So, to your question: No, I don't think you're nuts. You may have problems (everyone does; that's natural), and -- left unchecked -- your obsession may grow to unhealthy proportions, yet you are not insane by any means.

You may be obsessed; you may be infatuated; you may be a bit extreme, but most of all, I think you just want attention.
:wink:

#include <disclaimer.h>

-- Vilkacis
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

plus all i do is day dream and write about werewolves i also draw them i'm pretty good i would show you but no scanner!!! damn! also when i say i don't shave i'm not lazy i just like the extera fur, oops i mean hair :D
Last edited by Anubis on Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Don't worry man your not alone. i know many of us here can sympathize except for the cemetary thing i can say i am exactly the same. i am a therian and i am proud its a little weird to outsiders but here i feel that i can be myself and get no ridicule for it.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

*cough*therian*cough*

Sounds like phantom limbs and mild m-shifting going on. Look up "therianthropy" online and see if that matches what you are feeling.
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Therian here as well...

I pretty much feel all the things you feel. Same with the transformation thing as well, though I know that it's probably impossiable. Usually it's at night and I sort of doze off imagining my body changing in size, shape, and girth. Doesn't happen as often now though as it used to.

Heheh... my friends say that I'm just being weird. Only two of them even know of Therianthropy and only one really even accepts it.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Re: how deep is your obsession

Post by Anubis »

Tovam wrote:Aye
I like to walk digitigraded (altough it's hard to take larger steps that way :( )
I also love the serenity of forests and cemetaries, and I stare at the moon for the same reason
And the growling, snarling, howling, ... well, some things can better be left unsaid :P
wolf marine wrote: either i'm a werewolf or i need a girl friend realy realy bad!!! and i hpoe it the first one :)
Hey, I recognize that attitude! :o
Shadow Wulf wrote:i always wanted a werewolf as my girlfriend, and always staying in werewolf form, even when she goes to bed,..........Yes, i find werewolf's to be rather sexy.
And I won't even try to deny this :lol:
me and shadow wulf are two difrent people
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

wolf marine wrote:
Tovam wrote:Aye
I like to walk digitigraded (altough it's hard to take larger steps that way :( )
I also love the serenity of forests and cemetaries, and I stare at the moon for the same reason
And the growling, snarling, howling, ... well, some things can better be left unsaid :P
wolf marine wrote: either i'm a werewolf or i need a girl friend realy realy bad!!! and i hpoe it the first one :)
Hey, I recognize that attitude! :o
Shadow Wulf wrote:i always wanted a werewolf as my girlfriend, and always staying in werewolf form, even when she goes to bed,..........Yes, i find werewolf's to be rather sexy.
And I won't even try to deny this :lol:
me and shadow wulf are two difrent people
i know im really wierd, and plus i had too much caffiene that day, so im not shure what i was thinking.
?? was that a howl.......damn cafiene
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
i know im really wierd, and plus i had too much caffiene that day, so im not shure what i was thinking.
?? was that a howl.......damn cafiene

Suurrrrre blame the caffeine. :wink:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

ok! so i admit. but youll never catch me you see. im too good for you kid. and as long as im around youll always be second best 8) you see...

oh and happy 4th of July everyone :unclewolf:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Holy crap! Look at those poll-results. 666! :howl:  :oo
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

:)
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Morkulv wrote:Holy crap! Look at those poll-results. 666! :howl:  :oo
ahhhhhhhhhh armaganden run for your lives ahhhhhh!! :lol:
THE GAME

My Armory
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

wolf marine wrote:
Morkulv wrote:Holy crap! Look at those poll-results. 666! :howl:  :oo
ahhhhhhhhhh armaganden run for your lives ahhhhhh!! :lol:
Heh, now its 676

Bwaha.

I just saved the world. :Xwingwolf:
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Kavik the Wolf-Boy
Mood: Busy

Post by Kavik »

Aki wrote:Heh, now its 676

Bwaha.

But isn't 666 usually called the Mark of the Beast? For us, that should be a good thing!
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for life.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=167865
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_ivan_thx11/Talbot.htm
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Kavik wrote:

Bwaha.

But isn't 666 usually called the Mark of the Beast? For us, that should be a good thing!
actually, 666 is related to the devil.

I really don't like it to be related to the werewolf. That and the pentagram.

Thats how I feel about it. :|
waywolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by waywolf »

my obsession is pretty deep. i don't think you are crazy.
sometimes i walk like i have digitigraded legs. i howl sometimes to. i am daydreaming about them all of the time, and i try to shift when i am in my room sometimes.
Am an artist on deviantArt!

Werewolf code

WWC0.3 SSHb LNAn SPDbfh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQu EATda SGNeptys SPKh STCb WLL++ HRT- DLY++ STY+++++ INT+++ RGN++ JMP++ STR+++ BIG+ COL++ AGE++ CMN- AGL+++ IRT EYE++ FUR++
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

wolf marine wrote:i have a deep obession with werewolves. i howl when nobody is looking i walk on my tippy toes. i feel primal in cemitarys, i stare at the moon for hours. i don't shave and i'm known to show my teeth and some times growl when i'm pissed. and i feel home in the woods. also when i'm bored i try to transform.

either i'm a werewolf or i need a girl friend realy realy bad!!! and i hpoe it the first one :)
you not a werewolf, you just think you are :lol:
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Figarou wrote:
Kavik wrote:

Bwaha.

actually, 666 is related to the devil.

I really don't like it to be related to the werewolf. That and the pentagram.

Thats how I feel about it. :|

Actually they did mistranslate it from it's original text the actual mark of the beast is 661.(yes I know big difference*sarcasm* And the pentagram was originally used by the ancient greeks as a sign of the goddess Aphrodite, but the catholic church turned it into sign of Satan to keep pegans from worshiping false idols. The first actual people to have legends about werewolves were the Romans and the Norse. The norse when fighting would naw on there shields and become ravenous and drop thier weapons and start jump and clawing at the enemy, the enemy said they turned into wolves, and were given the name Berserkers. The Romans had a whole holiday dedicated to wolves in honor of the she-wolf that raised Romulus and Remus, it was called Lupercania and was for some strange reason celebrated like valentines day, in fact it was the precurser to Valintines day, it was even celebrated on the same day.

Sorry for ranting there I could go on for a long long time but i will not bore you with anymore things that you probably already know.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Fenrir wrote:Actually they did mistranslate it from it's original text the actual mark of the beast is 661.
Actually, for those who are interested, it's 616:

I've found several sources that confirm this number.

-- Vilkacis
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

A few corrections on some stuff here. Depending on your definition of "new", the full moon and werewolves thing really isn't all that recent. The Native Americans believed the moon was the wolf's power ally. The power was at its peak when the moon was full.

The Norse berserkers were actually bear warriors. The word berserker comes from bear sark, or "bear shirt". There was a wolfen equivalent though.

The Roman holiday is spelled with an l. Lupercalia. And as far as I know it has absolutely nothing to do with Valentine's Day.

I'm curious as to where you heard this:
And the pentagram was originally used by the ancient greeks as a sign of the goddess Aphrodite
I've never seen anything that would confirm that statement. Could you give me some evidence of this?
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Reilune wrote:I'm curious as to where you heard this:
And the pentagram was originally used by the ancient greeks as a sign of the goddess Aphrodite
I've never seen anything that would confirm that statement. Could you give me some evidence of this?
The only thing I can find on that is that the pentagram can be used as a "construction-iconic symbol" for Venus, Venus being the "Evening star, Hesperos, Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty, fertility, sex, and peace."

You can read more at symbols.com here.

I can't find anything at all to say that was the original use, however.

*shrug*

-- Vilkacis
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Thank you for the corrections first of I did misstype the 616, and as for lupercania http://depthome.brooklyn.cuny.edu/class ... prclia.htm
I think this ought to help some if it also goes against me please tell me. As for the the bear thing don't know how i got that confused (stupid stupid stupid*slams head on wall*) As for the pentagram I heard/read it from two places first when i was little my dad let me watch the excersist, it scared the crap out of me i mean my god i was nine how can you let a nine year old watch the excersist. But when i refused to sleep cause "Satan will get me" my grandfather who is an expert on all things greek/roman said some stuff and that was in there that the pentagram is a symbol for aphrodite I dont know why bit it made me feel beter and of course resently picking up th e divinci code also stated the fact which for ten years i assumed was false. It's more procisly linked to Venus as to point out the planet at certain times,
oh and about the thing were i said symbol for aphrodite i meant venus sorry for the confusion. I just go off replacing every roman thing with the greeks. :(