pointless talking

Here you will find forum type games to play.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Leviathan wrote:
Aki wrote:Image
OMFG!! xDDDDDDD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

aaaaaggggggghhhhhh...... its the yakuza... :lol: :lol: :kasa:
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

they're from 'nam, dude know your asians :lol:
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

you want to hear some pointless talking? *dones tearcher outift* so the world cheese origanaited from bla bla bla quatiam theory bla bla bla infinte voidblablbalbalblablalblablabl
*RING!!!!!!!Okey childern tonight your homeowrk is blablbablabalbla and is do tomorrow
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Yaaaarrrrrr, I gots me work cut out for me! Teach th' scurvy horse how to bow, medicate th' livin' daylights out of me sore joints 'n muss-kulls, rum to drink, walkin' sticks to make...

This pyrate's got too much on 'er plate, yarrrrrr!
ImageImageImageImage
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

!

Post by vrikasatma »

Okay, so I went to the store tonight and they had this new juice drink, CapriSun Refreshers. I didn't look at the title on one, but it had an apple, an orange and a cherry on the bottle. "Ooh, apple-orange-cherry juice drink! Sounds good!" So I picked it up.

Alright, here's where things screw up. First I looked at the label and it says "Tropical Fruit." Underneath that, it says "flavored fruit drink." Uhmmm...right. That's kind of like "processed cheese food." So what's tropical about apples and cherries? Nothing.

And look what's in the ingredients list! First two ingredients are "Water, high fructose corn syrup..." Argh! Anyway, it goes on to say "Apple, grape concentrate, pear concentrate," and not a SINGLE mention of cherry or orange! The closest it comes to the latter is citric acid, but still — no cherry!

The taste was...ehhhh, okay. It's apple, grape and pear. Save for the HFCS, no bad news here. But this is false advertising!

Okay, just wanted to vent. I'm not buying CapriSun Refreshers again. :P
ImageImageImageImage
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Corporations don't care about the customer.

Boycott Everything! J/K
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Nope, I'll stick with 100% juice. Just like I buy my cheese from the deli. Demand Real Food NOW!! :howl:  :oo
ImageImageImageImage
wolf_onmitsu
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I have no clue what's going on

Post by wolf_onmitsu »

meowmamoo dogface to the banana patch
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Why do people have to mess with food, if it was good enough for my great grand father, it's good enough for me
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Food companies are adding an evil ingredient to their products that may turn your body into a fat-storing machine

By: Susan Kleiner
During my first semester in graduate school, I took a course called food science, the study of ingredients in foods. It was 1980. "High-fructose corn syrup has recently been introduced into the food supply," my professor told us. "It's a very inexpensive sweetener and will likely replace sugar in most processed foods." I could tell she wasn't happy about that. She went on to explain that our understanding of how fructose works in the body was very limited, and we had no idea how it would affect the population.

Now we know.

High-fructose corn syrup is making America fat. How? By shutting off the switches that control appetite. It's more easily turned into fat than any other carbohydrate. And it's everywhere, from the obvious places like Coke and Mountain Dew to barbecue sauce and canned soup.

Consider this: In 1970, Americans ate about a half pound of high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) per person per year. By 1997, we were consuming up to 62-1/2 pounds each, according to a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. That's 228 calories per person per day, and that figure is based on 6 -year-old numbers; consumption has almost certainly risen since then. And over the same time period, the obesity rate has more than doubled.

HFCS is different from other sugars and sweeteners, which can make you fat indirectly, over time. HFCS makes you fat by the straightest possible metabolic path. Let's look at where this stuff comes from, what it does to your body, and -- most important -- how to get as much of it as possible out of your diet.

Fructose Can Make You Fat
The problem with HFCS is the fructose -- a sugar that occurs naturally in fruit and honey--rather than the corn syrup. Corn syrup is primarily made up of a sugar called glucose, which can be burned up as a source of immediate energy, stored in your liver and muscles for use later, or, as a last resort, turned into fat. But corn syrup isn't as sweet as other sugars, which is why the food-processing industry fell head over heels in love with high-fructose corn syrup, a cheap and doubly sweet chemical derivative.

But what's good for Coca-Cola's profit margins isn't that great for your health. That's because your body doesn't necessarily use fructose as an immediate source of energy. "Fructose is more readily metabolized into fat," says Peter Havel, Ph.D., a nutrition researcher at the University of California at Davis. Havel is among a growing number of scientists who suspect that there's a connection between fructose and America's skyrocketing rates of obesity and diabetes.

We should mention that we aren't saying the small amounts of fructose you get through fruit or honey will make you fat. Fruit is packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, all of which are components of a healthy diet.

HFCS, though, delivers -- mostly through soft drinks -- amounts of fructose that are unprecedented in human history. "Soda consumption has doubled, from 25 to 50 gallons per person [per year] from 1975 to 2000," says Greg Critser, a journalist and author of Fat Land, which fingers fructose as one of the major culprits in the obesity epidemic.

Critser says that HFCS is about 20 percent cheaper than cane sugar. Both contain a combination of fructose and glucose, but the low cost of HFCS has made it easier for manufacturers to supersize their portions. "The serving size of sodas has almost doubled, from about 10 ounces to about 18 ounces" because of HFCS, Critser says.

None of which would be a huge problem if we simply ate less of everything else to compensate for the fact that we're consuming more fructose. But we don't; average Americans now eat about 200 more calories per day than we did in the '70s.

Fructose Messes With Your Hormones
Normally, when you eat a food that contains glucose or starch -- or any other carbohydrate -- your body releases insulin, a hormone that does a series of important jobs to regulate your body weight: First, it tries to push the carbs into your muscle cells to be used as energy and facilitates carb storage in the liver for later use. Then it suppresses your appetite -- telling your body, in effect, that you're full and it's time to stop eating. Finally, it stimulates production of another hormone, leptin.

Leptin is manufactured in your fat cells and acts as a nutrition traffic cop of sorts. It helps regulate storage of body fat and helps increase your metabolism when needed to keep your weight in check.

"Fructose doesn't stimulate insulin and therefore doesn't increase the production of leptin," says Havel. This is the most important part of the case against fructose in general and HFCS in particular: Without insulin and leptin, your appetite has no shutoff mechanism. You can drink a six-pack of Mountain Dew or eat a half gallon of frozen yogurt, and your body will hardly acknowledge that you've consumed any calories at all. Eat the equivalent number of calories in the form of a Thanksgiving dinner and you feel stuffed.

A 2002 study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition looked at whether soda itself, or the high-fructose corn syrup in soda, was the problem. The study took two groups of overweight people and had one group drink regular soft drinks while the other drank diet soda for 10 weeks. The regular-soda group gained weight and increased their body fat--not surprising, given that they consumed 28 percent more calories than normal while on the soda regimen. Worse, they also saw an increase in their blood pressures.

The diet-soda group, on the other hand, consumed fewer calories than they normally would, lost weight, reduced body fat, and lowered blood pressure. So now the Diet Coke drinkers of the world have reason to celebrate.

How to Find Fructose and Avoid It
Soft drinks are the main vein of HFCS, but it's everywhere, even in hamburger buns.

Your first line of defense: Avoid regular soda. Next, read nutrition labels. Start with the ingredients. If a label says "sugar" or "cane sugar," the product contains sucrose, which is a 50-50 blend of fructose and glucose. That doesn't seem to be as much of a problem. If HFCS is listed first or second, look at the chart that accompanies the ingredients to see how much sugar is in the food. If it's just a gram or two, don't sweat it. But if you see a food that has 8 or more grams of sugar, and HFCS is prominent on the list of ingredients, buy something else. Remember that your body can deal with a little of anything, but a lot of fructose is a one-way ticket to Fat City.

My professor was right when she said that messing with the food supply is a deal with the devil. The money the food industry saved by using a cheap but unstudied sweetener was deposited on your waistline, and it's time to close the fructose account.

Where the Fructose is Hiding
Foods high in HFCS or fructose:

Regular soft drinks

Commercial candy (jelly beans and others)

Apple juice (typically about 60% fructose

Pancake syrup

Popsicles

Frozen yogurt

Fruit-flavored yogurt

Ketchup

Highly sweetened cereals

Pasta sauce (especially Ragu)

Canned soup

Replace with...

Unsweetened sparkling water or diet soda

Chocolate candy (check the label, though--some chocolate candy bars may use HFCS as an ingredient)

Unrefined 100% apple juice, grape juice, orange juice, or (here's a shocker) whole fruit

Real maple syrup

Frozen-fruit bars (always check the label; some brands may have added HFCS)

Ice cream

Artificially sweetened or sugar-sweetened yogurt

Mustard

Sugar-free or low-sugar cereals

Sugar-free pasta sauce

Organic, all-natural, or sugar-free soups (check the label -- an HFCS-free soup won't list any sugar)
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

I knew this awhile ago. That's why I'm careful to check for HFCS, I just wasn't careful this time. It is in most fruit yoghurts but I found that O, the Safeway house brand of organic food, has yoghurt that DOESN'T have it. I stick away at least 6 ounces of yoghurt a day, because it helps regulate what's left of my intestines.

The best thing to do is go whole foods. Bread, cheese, fruit, whatever, your body can handle that. Not this junk that shunts straight into the lipoderm.

When I was growing up, I saw *maybe* one morbidly obese person in several thousand and it was almost sickeningly weird. Now I see that and bigger every day. Forget soda, if you want a sweet drink take a couple minutes, make some peppermint tea or get some fruit juice into ya. I scarcely even look at soda anymore.

Edit: Though I have to admit, I have Lucky Charms for breakfast a lot. But it makes up for it because it has tons and tons and tons and tons of vitamins. 25% RDA calcium, 70% folic acid, 40% iron. Who'd have guessed that'd be in a sugary kids' cereal?
ImageImageImageImage
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

This is the best thread ever!

Haha...just kidding. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

I FINALLY GOT DSL......HELL YES.....WOHOOOOO.......o.k....now its old..
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

*Slaps WP on the back* good for you :D
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

*slaps fang on the rear*....hey.....thanks man.. :D
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

My horse is getting arthritis too! Bwwwaaaaaaaahhh — !
We're BOTH too young to get arthritis!! :cryeyesout:
ImageImageImageImage
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

vrikasatma wrote:My horse is getting arthritis too! Bwwwaaaaaaaahhh — !
We're BOTH too young to get arthritis!! :cryeyesout:

Welcome to the club. :(
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna
aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis
aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint
occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est lab
Duis nisi erat, blandit in, pretium vitae, nonummy et, massa. Etiam blandit lectus in neque. Duis dui augue, pulvinar
eu, viverra ornare, porta ac, purus. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Ut eget magna. Fusce
faucibus velit ut dolor. Mauris nisl ligula, pulvinar et, laoreet id, placerat sed, odio. Donec ultrices. Nulla ut massa
vel tortor vulputate mollis. Ut lorem ipsum, varius sed, condimentum sit amet, rutrum
Integer hendrerit laoreet eros. Maecenas in ipsum quis enim congue porttitor. Sed in orci. Maecenas augue magna, commodo
eu, feugiat et, interdum mollis, est. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos
hymenaeos. Aenean ac risus. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Quisque pede. Nunc vestibulum tortor rhoncus lorem.
Phasellus quis neque. Pellentesque consectetuer elit at dolor. Curabitur vitae nunc qui
Quisque auctor. Quisque ligula odio, ornare non, volutpat in, ullamcorper mollis, dolor. Nulla ante. Aliquam suscipit.
Maecenas cursus, erat a aliquam varius, libero orci consequat massa, et malesuada quam orci ac nulla. Curabitur sapien
neque, dictum at, ornare placerat, ultricies consectetuer, lacus. Cras massa velit, tincidunt accumsan, ullamcorper ut,
sollicitudin ac, augue. Integer sem leo, rhoncus id, auctor eget, adipiscing in, es
Maecenas ornare fringilla felis. Mauris erat neque, commodo at, porta vel, volutpat sed, mauris. Praesent sagittis
malesuada diam. Suspendisse augue lorem, faucibus sed, eleifend nec, iaculis ac, tellus. Integer fringilla, magna et
ullamcorper suscipit, nibh ante rutrum sem, pulvinar congue odio orci in lorem. Curabitur laoreet feugiat arcu.
Vestibulum tortor. Duis eget mi. Cras lacus leo, euismod auctor, luctus non, imperdiet id, odio.
Proin congue, lacus at pretium cursus, purus velit dignissim ipsum, vitae sagittis massa urna sit amet metus. Cras vitae
leo. Aliquam non nisl. Sed pretium nulla et neque fermentum aliquet. Duis sollicitudin gravida nisi. Sed dictum. Donec
lacus sem, pretium id, porttitor in, ultricies non, justo. Duis mi. Duis cursus nisi id erat. Vivamus consectetuer eros
vel sem.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

"Neither is there anyone who loves pain itself since it is pain and thus wants to obtain it."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:"Neither is there anyone who loves pain itself since it is pain and thus wants to obtain it."
Very VERY close. :D

It goes like this.....

"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

Found it here.

http://www.lipsum.com/
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:
Very VERY close. :D

It goes like this.....
Actually, when translating from one language to another, there isn't ever an "exact" traslation. Mine is just as valid as yours.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

"You won't get caught
If you don't get scared..."

-The World/Inferno Friendship Society "Let's Steal Everything"

An interview with Jack :D :

http://www.dailynexus.com/artsweek/2006/11307.html