Wolf smilies

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:If you ask me, you did a really good job on it.

I was scratching my head wondering how a person can grab a program for the 1st time and come up with good edits. I was thinking "Gee, Vuldari MUST have some type of talent."

Anyways, I like tails. I love them even more when its wagging!! Thanks for putting your time and effort into making that icon. Sure wish you did it as Figarou so I won't have recolor it myself. :wink:
Thank you for the praise...I really appreciate it.Image

I like to consider myself an Artist, even though I have created little in the last few years. (Untill I found The Pack, that is...)

I have very ambitious ideas, but usually have no idea how to accomplish them, so they never happen. However, seeing PhotoManipulations and Animations here on the forums has inspired me to learn how to make them myself. Forcing myself to try to comprehend GIMP has been an enlightening experience for me. I feel like a little kid with a new Toy-Box filled with stuff only the "cool" and more talented artists than me had.

It's like, "...whoah! It can do that too?! Image ...Sweet!!...Image". And then I start messing around with the new feature to see what I can do with it.

For example: I just found the "rotation" tool, which made editing my Animation a little faster and easier.

Image Version 0.5.2B Optimized

(It's still not perfect, but then again...I doubt I'll ever be completely satsisfied. Everything I see, I allways think could be , "just a little bit better", if only...)

I only know how to use about 5% of what Gimp can probobly do, but even with just 2%, I was able to do so much the first time I fired it up to Modify "DarthCanis"s Avatar. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Thank you for the praise...I really appreciate it.Image

(It's still not perfect, but then again...I doubt I'll ever be completely satsisfied. Everything I see, I allways think could be , "just a little bit better", if only...)
You know, I honor anyone that puts an effort into making something. It doesn't have to be your best. If you have some type of talent, go ahead and make something!! Show it off! Who knows, you may put a smile on someones face!! :D

Vuldari wrote:
I only know how to use about 5% of what Gimp can probobly do, but even with just 2%, I was able to do so much the first time I fired it up to Modify "DarthCanis"s Avatar. Image
Actually, it became Darth Canis's avatar after you modified it. I was trying to make something that had an upper body along with the wolf head. I found a reference that got me started in the right direction.

I'm the same way with Photoshop Elements. I don't know everything about it.

I decided to see if I can make the tail wag with this pup.

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 0357#10357

I was pleased with the results. I then tried to work on my avatar. This is a larger scale compared to the little pup. I was going to use the back view of the tail and rotate it a few degrees. But everytime I do, it becomes choppy. I had to clean it up each time.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Finished!!! Finally!! I could've used the "magic wand" and the "paint bucket" tools to speed things up. But I wanted each frame to be perfect. I recolored each pixal one by one using just the pencil tool in each frame. I also did some modifications.

Now I'm sitting here watching that animation thinking...

"Hmmmm....I guess this is how werewolves greet each other in the Far East." Image

Thanks again Vuldari!!! I bet you never would have made it if you didn't see these posts.

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 0123#10123

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 0358#10358

I wish I could do something for you. But I'm not very talented. I know how to make a Coca-cola slide show for home theaters. Thats about it.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Finished!!! Finally!! I could've used the "magic wand" and the "paint bucket" tools to speed things up. But I wanted each frame to be perfect. I recolored each pixal one by one using just the pencil tool in each frame. I also did some modifications.

Now I'm sitting here watching that animation thinking...

"Hmmmm....I guess this is how werewolves greet each other in the Far East." Image

Thanks again Vuldari!!! I bet you never would have made it if you didn't see these posts.

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 0123#10123

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 0358#10358

I wish I could do something for you. But I'm not very talented. I know how to make a Coca-cola slide show for home theaters. Thats about it.
Actually...I've been trying to think of a way to do a tail wagging Emoticon for a while now...but it was those posts that convinced me that it had to be done. Image

Why do you keep putting yourself down about your creative and artistic skills? Fig'...You've made all of the funniest and most creative animations here. You've thought of things that never would have crossed my mind to try. With the exeption of the Wagging animation, every thing I have done has just been a recolor or a clean up of another emoticon. You are the one with all the fun, creative ideas.

...and to be completely honest, I think your version with the grin at the end instead of a wink looks better than mine.

..."not very talented?"... Image ...who is the one who started this whole Gif making extravaganza in the first place? Who made the duckie dodgers...the cyborg wolves...the cukoo clock...the atomic duckie...all those goofy hats...sad/happy...pizza eating...transporting...roll on the floor laughing...
...compared to all that, the idea of a wolf wagging it's tail seems kinda boring.

(On a side note: Gimp just froze up on me for the first time a moment ago. I was experimenting to see if I could turn that animation into something more, but after putting half an hours worth of work into it, it froze before I coud save any of the changes. Image )
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: Actually...I've been trying to think of a way to do a tail wagging Emoticon for a while now...but it was those posts that convinced me that it had to be done. Image
Same here. I wanted to have one with a tail also. But the easiest place for me to put one was the cuckoo clock. I love watching tails wag!!

Vuldari wrote:Why do you keep putting yourself down about your creative and artistic skills? Fig'...You've made all of the funniest and most creative animations here. You've thought of things that never would have crossed my mind to try. With the exeption of the Wagging animation, every thing I have done has just been a recolor or a clean up of another emoticon. You are the one with all the fun, creative ideas.
Heh, I do have funny creative ideas. Vilkacis did a few funny ones also. But I know this, if Goldenwolf didn't introduce those wolf emoticons to this forum, I never would've gone deeper into my Photoshop elements program.

Vuldari wrote:...and to be completely honest, I think your version with the grin at the end instead of a wink looks better than mine.
I wanted the grin in my version. I used the "Be happy wolf" I did as a reference.

Vuldari wrote:..."not very talented?"... Image ...who is the one who started this whole Gif making extravaganza in the first place? Who made the duckie dodgers...the cyborg wolves...the cukoo clock...the atomic duckie...all those goofy hats...sad/happy...pizza eating...transporting...roll on the floor laughing...
...compared to all that, the idea of a wolf wagging it's tail seems kinda boring.
I really don't know why I do this to myself. I always look at other people's work and gaze with amazment. I could try and learn something. But with all these bills to pay, and a job with unpredictable work hours, it'll be almost impossible. Luckily, its slow right now. But when things pick up this summer, I may not have time to work on another wolf edit. Thats if I can think of something that won't eat up my time.

Actually its "gif editing" I started. Those other wolf emoticons I edited are quite hilarious. This cyborg here is now my favorite.

Vuldari wrote:(On a side note: Gimp just froze up on me for the first time a moment ago. I was experimenting to see if I could turn that animation into something more, but after putting half an hours worth of work into it, it froze before I coud save any of the changes. Image )
Really? Didn't Scott warn you guys about GIMP crashing?
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Vuldari wrote:(On a side note: Gimp just froze up on me for the first time a moment ago. I was experimenting to see if I could turn that animation into something more, but after putting half an hours worth of work into it, it froze before I coud save any of the changes. Image )
Ah, pity. I always try to save as often as possible (under different file names), but sometimes I just get caught up while working on something and forget.
:(

You're using the Windows version, right?

-- Vilkacis
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Vilkacis wrote:
Ah, pity. I always try to save as often as possible (under different file names), but sometimes I just get caught up while working on something and forget.
:(

You're using the Windows version, right?

-- Vilkacis
Yes...I'm running a Windows PC. ("#%&@, buggy windows version...")

I DO save often, because I know stuff like that happens no matter what program you are running, plus I am aware that GIMP is a "BETA" program...meaning it is not complete yet...so it is notoriously unstable.

For that one animation alone, I have 18 versions saved, from various stages of its develepment, plus several variations that I did not use. (EX: "Tail 0.1"-"Tail 0.7"...sub versions like "T* 0.5.1"...and sub-sub, final versions like "T* 0.5.2.3fo"--which has a Faster tail and was compressed/Optimized for minimum filesize.)

...however, the lock up happened just a few minutes before I was going to save my progress. Oh well.

Maybe later I will attempt that ambitious variation again...

*Teaser: "...why is he looking at me like that? ...AAAAaaaahhhhhh!!..."* Image

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Oh, you made the ears go up like my version.

I knew there was something different. :D

Heh, It'll be easy to add the other expressions to this version without showing the tail. But I'll save it for some other time.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Vuldari wrote:stuff like that happens no matter what program you are running
Indeed.
Vuldari wrote:For that one animation alone, I have 18 versions saved, from various stages of its develepment, plus several variations that I did not use. (EX: "Tail 0.1"-"Tail 0.7"...sub versions like "T* 0.5.1"...and sub-sub, final versions like "T* 0.5.2.3fo"--which has a Faster tail and was compressed/Optimized for minimum filesize.)
Heh, apparently you're much more thorough about it than I am. :D

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:For that one animation alone, I have 18 versions saved, from various stages of its develepment, plus several variations that I did not use. (EX: "Tail 0.1"-"Tail 0.7"...sub versions like "T* 0.5.1"...and sub-sub, final versions like "T* 0.5.2.3fo"--which has a Faster tail and was compressed/Optimized for minimum filesize.)
Whoa!! I try not do have so many saves. I'll lose track of where I put them.

I'm also glad I have a battery back up incase the power goes out.
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

:hsup Wow, those tail wagging ones are cool :D
*When you're down... howl*
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverfang wrote::hsup Wow, those tail wagging ones are cool :D
Yup yup!!

It sure is cool!! Image

I bet different versions will start popping up everywhere around the computer world. People will recolor them or add thier own animation for use in other forums.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Whoa!! I try not do have so many saves. I'll lose track of where I put them.
It's a little excessise, I know. I intend to delete most of them sometime soon, once I decide they no longer have any value.

It is just nice to have when working on something complex like that. Just in case I realize that I made a fundamental mistake which ruined the whole project and wish I could back up a few steps and start over without having to "UN-DO" all of the stuff I just did...I CAN.

(The one I am sticking with is a variation of Version 5...even though I had made Versions 6 and 7, which didn't look as good)

I'm fairly organized. I have a folder called "Emoticon Edits", and Sub-Folders inside it named "Samples" (Downloaded off the net), and "Betas" (Works in Progress), which is where I have all of those previous versions.
Figarou wrote:I'm also glad I have a battery back up incase the power goes out.
That I don't have. If the power goes out, I'm screwed. I probobly should, considering how bad the wiring in this house is.

[Edit: Fixed spelling. ...Sorry Fig' ...typo...Image ]
Last edited by Vuldari on Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:Whoa!! I try not do have so many saves. I'll lose track of where I put them.
It's a little excessise, I know. I intend to delete most of them sometime soon, once I decide they no longer have any value.

It is just nice to have when working on something complex like that. Just in case I realize that I made a fundamental mistake which ruined the whole project and wish I could back up a few steps and start over without having to "UN-DO" all of the stuff I just did...I CAN.

(The one I am sticking with is a variation of Version 5...even though I had made Versions 6 and 7, which didn't look as good)

I'm fairly organized. I have a folder called "Emoticon Edits", and Sub-Folders inside it named "Samples" (Downloaded off the net), and "Betas" (Works in Progress), which is where I have all of those previous versions.
I like the 1st one you did. I speed up the tail wag in my edit.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:

Exactly...sometimes I make changes that are intended to be improvements, but then they turn out to not be improvements at all.
Figarou wrote:F**arou?? :x Grrrrrr!!!!
...sorry, sorry, sorry...Image I don't even know how I made a typo like that. The "I" and "A" keys aren't anywhere Near each other... Image ...if I had spelled it "F*giraou", then it would have just been my Dyslexia scambling the letters,(which happens to me alot) but... ...Sorry again...Image

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:

Exactly...sometimes I make changes that are intended to be improvements, but then they turn out to not be improvements at all.
Figarou wrote:F**arou?? :x Grrrrrr!!!!
...sorry, sorry, sorry...Image I don't even know how I made a typo like that. The "I" and "A" keys aren't anywhere Near each other... Image ...if I had spelled it "F*giraou", then it would have just been my Dyslexia scambling the letters,(which happens to me alot) but... ...Sorry again...Image
You know, I was about to say the "I" and "A" keys are nowhere near each other.

I edited my post because I didn't like to see the "a" where the "i" goes.

I accept your apology.

*tail wags* Image
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

hehehe that little guy is pretty cuute :o

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

WET WOLF 6.0:-KNOCKOUT!!! Image

Heh, the duckie knocked 'em out. :lol:
CrewWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CrewWolf »

My goodness. Anymore situational wolf smileys and we'll have enough to create our own pixelly movie! One with lots of ducks and cocked eyebrows.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:WET WOLF 6.0:-KNOCKOUT!!! Image

...HA!...Image
Figarou...you are a riot!

*Random thought* (...so your psudo-name is pronounced "FIG-a-ROO" ? ...somehow I allways thought it was "Fih-GAA-roo", with the emphasis on the "AH" rather than the "OO". ) */Random thought*

CrewWolf wrote:My goodness. Anymore situational wolf smileys and we'll have enough to create our own pixelly movie! One with lots of ducks and cocked eyebrows.
I thought about that, (...The Idea that the Animation programs We are using could do something FAR more ambitious, that is...), but the very notion of the incredible amont of effort that would have to go into it is far too frighteningly intimidating for me to even seriously consider it right now...expecially since I am still just a Newbie at this whole "Animation" thing. Image

...I have thought about it though. (At least, a short, silent sequence of some kind. Image)...but don't hold your breath.

=^.^'= ~
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Figarou wrote:WET WOLF 6.0:-KNOCKOUT!!! Image

Actually, i think the combination knocked him out. :wink:

Man, hes gonna feel that in the mornin'. :lol:
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

*wakes up uuhhhh my head* :lol:

jeez dont give figaroo any ideas about a smiley movie :lol:

http://www.newgrounds.comsweet

go wolf knockout :lol: :lol: your a hoot 8) 8) 8)

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: ...HA!...Image
Figarou...you are a riot!
Yup yup!! What will I think of next!! :D

Vuldari wrote:*Random thought* (...so your psudo-name is pronounced "FIG-a-ROO" ? ...somehow I allways thought it was "Fih-GAA-roo", with the emphasis on the "AH" rather than the "OO". ) */Random thought*
I like to have "garou" in "Figarou" pronounced the same way as the one in "Loup-Garou"

Vuldari wrote: I thought about that, (...The Idea that the Animation programs We are using could do something FAR more ambitious, that is...), but the very notion of the incredible amont of effort that would have to go into it is far too frighteningly intimidating for me to even seriously consider it right now...expecially since I am still just a Newbie at this whole "Animation" thing. Image

...I have thought about it though. (At least, a short, silent sequence of some kind. Image)...but don't hold your breath.

Take it from me. You don't want to make a long animated gif. Its best to keep them short because not everyone has broadband or a good video card. Remember that Van Helsing clip I posted? Someone said it was extremely slow and it skipped like crazy. Turned out his video card had a hard time playing that animated gif.
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

oh well, it worked fine with mine i have broadband thingy :lol: woot woot

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

silverpaw wrote:oh well, it worked fine with mine i have broadband thingy :lol: woot woot

The good thing is that these wolf icons are small pixal wise. But bigger compared to the normal smilies this board had before.

Remember this?

The original avatar is only 4020 bytes. This animated one is 60533 bytes because of its size and colors.

I could try and make a very long animated gif. But it'll eat to much of my time.