Real Werewolves, are they out there.

The place to talk about where a lot of things started. Stories and history, references, etc.

Do you think werewolves exist?

Yes
56%
No
26%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
18%

Total votes: 312

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
wolfwing wrote:Just a thought..:> If you want to make sure no one suspects your a werewolf, least the ones your going to want to avoid, what better way then to claim you are one online? :> No ones going to believe you and your credability will be shot.

True...very true. Make silly claims that you KNOW are not true about what you are, post silly pictures and bad photomanipulations of yourself, and you would have a great alibi to fall back on if anyone started making claims about you being real. If a photo got leaked out and posted online, you can just claim that was a photomanip you did, or paid someone else to do for you, and brag about how cool it is. No one in their right mind would think you are lying and really are a werewolf after all.

...it's almost fool proof...
Unless the laptop you're using happens to be a werewolf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0EJdzVubkk

:jester:
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

PariahPoet wrote:Visit http://www.therianthropy.org
We do exist, and we're not all wolves either. ;)
yes I see what you mean. our animal side is inside but we must call it out to know who it is. Inside I am a Wolf.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet

Just because we don't know if something is there or not... doesn't mean it isn't there at all.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fredriksam »

There are some people saying the werewolf exixt in Hungary and that the goverment there knows about it. They are said protecting the secret as MIB or something.

There has even been rumors of pics circulating on the internet, showing a werewolf in the hungarian woods. Its said to be blurry. I havent seen it myself so i can not comment if its "true" or not.

I have also read two books by Linda Godfrey about the Bray Road Beast. IF the werewolfs exist that MAY be one. Strange thing no one ever has caught it on camera.
Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

This might make me Mr.. Unpopular from here on, but I'm a little worrie dby the sheer amount of people who think werewolves really exist.

Fantasizing about them existing is one thing. ACTUALLY thinking they exist...is well....a little scary.

Sorry guys, it's just my opinion.
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

I can't say that I do, but I'm still open to the idea that they could possibly exist or have existed at one point. The world is an infinite mystery.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

It is more likely they exsist somewhere in the universe, but not here, The point of the matter is the universe is so big, and infinite, that there is a high probability that anything you have ever imagined anything you have ever dreamed exsists or has happened somewhere. :wink:
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

yeah, and that whole thing goes into quantum mechanics (which can be fun)

but yeah, i would prolly have to agree with fenrir on that one.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

I voted "no"... The thing is, I read the question as just being "do you think they exist". And in my case... no I don't. At least not in the classic "someone who turns very hairy once every four weeks or so" sense of the word.

There is a right time and place for believing that werewolves do exist... but that time is the hour and a half you spend in a movie theatre watching them.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

MattSullivan wrote:This might make me Mr.. Unpopular from here on, but I'm a little worrie dby the sheer amount of people who think werewolves really exist.

Fantasizing about them existing is one thing. ACTUALLY thinking they exist...is well....a little scary.

Look up "otherkin" in wikipedia.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

kitetsu wrote:
MattSullivan wrote:This might make me Mr.. Unpopular from here on, but I'm a little worrie dby the sheer amount of people who think werewolves really exist.

Look up "otherkin" in wikipedia.
+1

Same advice goes for 'Midnight'.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

i always vote yes....i do and i will always believe in them.. :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

*Ugh...my computer crashed after writing a long message again, before I could post it*

I'm with Matt.

I like to remain a very open minded person, and I believe that a great many things that seem fantastic to us really are possible...but I disagree with the notion that just because some things CAN exist, it means that they likely DO exist. ...because most of the time you can look around and see that they quite clearly do not.

It is physically possible for there to be another human being on this earth alive at this moment that shares my exact genetic code, right down to the last chromosome, but even so, I can say with utmost confidence that said genetic clone of me does NOT exist.

It may very well be entirely possible for a being to exist that shares most of the qualities that we normally associate with Werewolves, (excluding things that really are impossible, like mass discrepancy and so forth), but if you ask me if there are any Human beings in the world who can transform into Wolves, or Gestalt-like alternate forms and back again like in the movies, and various sources of mythology and fiction, my answer is obviously NO...of course not. We can all see that they don't, and we should all be well aware of all the reasons why.

Fantasy is fun and all, but seriously...you know better than that. (At least you should) Werewolves are the product of human imagination...nothing more.

...and for goodness sake, Therians and Otherkin are NOT werewolves. Whatever is in your head, or your soul, is what it is and is not what it is not. A Wolfs mind/soul in a Humans body, and a Human with a Human mind that can take on the physical shape of a Wolf are two completely different things.
Last edited by Vuldari on Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Well put Vuldari. :D

And I totally agree with Matt as well.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I think its mindboggling to see people urging for proof on werewolves when most of them believes in a God up in heaven that has no proof of existing what so ever.

To answer the question: Yes, I do believe in werewolves. But I have to note with that, that I do believe that there is a difference between werewolves and shapeshifters.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I'm having a little bit trouble viewing your post...

But just for the record: say, if you are Christian, would you like it if I said God is just a product of human imagination?
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

no but i would allow you to say it, as you should allow vuldrai to voice his opinion
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

o well, its part of life and we should be allowed to voice are opinions
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Yes, but if my opinion would be "Christians are cunts" then that is offending. That is my point.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

o well, if thats how you feel then thats thats, but i dont see the point, your seeing we should allow people to belive what they want to right? well that techincal points to my side since that means that vuldrai should be allowed to say what he wants for werewolf belivers because thats what he belives in
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Morkulv wrote:I'm having a little bit trouble viewing your post...

But just for the record: say, if you are Christian, would you like it if I said God is just a product of human imagination?
It's true that many people would be massively offended by that statement. I've known and lived near a number of people who would tar and feather you if you said that in front of them, Morkulv. However, if their belief in Christianity is so threatened or shaken by such a statement, then their beliefs probably weren't that strong in the first place. Like those Christians that protested the Da Vinci Code. If you know in your heart that the story's "truth" about Christ is false, then what harm is a little fiction?

The same can apply to those who believe in real werewolves. I particularly don't (I'm just a fan of werewolf fiction/movies), and neither do some of the members here. But for any of those who do, if they're offended by what Vuldari said, then they may have some pretty big doubts as well. It's those that aren't offended that truly believe, because they have real faith, and virtually nothing can change their minds.

I will say this about werewolves and other myths. Just about 90% of the contents of modern myths and legends are fiction, but they all tend to have some basis of fact, in one way or another.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

It was an example.