Report the incident to your pack’s leaders and let them decide what to do
7%

Total votes: 27

Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:i hate the taste, i like the mountain dew one. but have you tried pure cuban coffee, if you havent tried that then your not 100% use to caffiene.
Coffee is my last resort. The amount of caffeine in these drinks is nowhere near the amount in a cup of coffee. I can drink a can of Red Bull and take a nap.

But we're getting off topic.

It's been raining during the afternoon here, and that's an effective way to beat the heat.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Oh I know. I was volunteiring over at the Band Camp overnight wendsday and lastnight. I also had been visiting up there two times before (despite the 1 1/2 hour drive, last year the place was much closer.). It had been getting really hot over there and all the members pleaded that it rained. It did and the next day it was so much cooler.

And to get off topic, marching band kicks arse. My big Bro was a Senior thus this is his last year, but next year I start, I do like volunteiring better though. Marching Band is an amazing thing, I love you Band!
:D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:
Vuldari wrote:...oh dear...It seems you've stumbled upon a little personality quirk of mine. ...I'm addicted to ROOTBEER. Image

I used to be addcited to rootbeer but have luckily gotten off it, can't say I still beg to be taken to The Rootbeer stand outwards away from my house, they also have great chilidogs!

Lately it's been beefjerky... lck

chilidogs!! I used to scarf them down when I was a we lad!!

Now it give me heartburn!! :cry:
Rogue_A
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Der amerikanische Steppenwolf

Post by Rogue_A »

Strangely enough....I don't find Washington state (at least my side of the state) to be hot now.

Oh wait.....I remember why now.

I just came back from Providence, RI, where there is a thing that my town does not have called humidity...hehehe. :grinwiggle: But in Providence, OMG, it was hot. Something that hadn't happened in several years happened there, everything started to stick to me...t-shirts, playing cards, my charcoal covered artwork *sigh*....There I spent loads of time taking naps with my face in front of my dinky fan, or hiding down in "Nick Ground", a level of a dorm at the college I was staying at (Rhode Island School of Design, aka RISD) that had a lounge with a big screen TV, had vending machines, and was underground so ...yah, it was a lot cooler down there. And the dining hall, aka "the Met", was the only other place aside from a dorm far far away, that had air conditioning, so that was a good place to sit and eat dinner...for like two hours. '.'

But here....eh...I just stay inside all day, or maybe if I actually get bothered by the heat enough, I'll walk a couple of miles/take the bus down to the local city pool and go swimming...dunno. I can just, really, sit in my house, even without the air conditioning or a fan, and it's perfectly fine to me. (my mother on the other hand...she's like "it's hot!!").

Soda Pop thingy:

People who grew up in Spokane and/or have lived here for ages call it "Pop". But, because I grew up in New England, where this word never was used to describe a carbonated drink, I refuse to call it as such, and it's just "Soda" to me. And <i>no</i>, nobody in my family calls it "tonic".....:P

Favorite sodas:

-Ginger Ale (Canada Dry and Schwepps is tolerable, but the good ones I've had are either TK *points below* or Red Rock.....Red RocK is GOOD. lck
-Any and all Thomas Kemper sodas. (But especially Root Beer, Ginger Ale and Black Cherry)
-Code Red Mountain Dew
"In fear I hurried this way and that. I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, the one as hateful as the other."-Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

what? what's this "outside" you people keep talking about? is it some kind of game that i haven't heard of?.....

as for keeping cool, i just use a freezer and a fan...
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

I just keep indoors, heh. Back when I was outside all the time, the heat never bothered me once I was used to it.
As for soft drinks, I call it pop or soda or soda pop. My grandparents call it soda or soda-pop. I like rootbeer (has anyone ever had the TommyKnockers Maple Rootbeer? I like that :D ), cherry coke, mountain dew, and orange drinks, especially Fanta. Except the Fanta here isn't like the Fanta in Europe :( It was so good once you were used to it :lol: The only thing that ever makes me sick when I consume it is pancakes. I don't know why, but they do :( I like real juice drinks too :) Juice is good, especially when it's hot 8)
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

Hehehehe. Bringing the topic to the top again.

It's not that I am sadistic, it's Iowa State Fair time again! Usually the hottest, most humid (read: miserable) period of the summer.

Yep,
It's hotter than Jessica Simpson in her "Daisy Dukes!"

It's hotter than a fat mans waist band!

It's...

Any others (keep it PG please)..?
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Dang, it's been up at 100 degrees over here, not only is it dang hot but the oh so much mentioned humidity makes it absolutly horible outside here. No wonder theres so many people having strokes.

Why do I keep hearing people saying Ohio's not hot?!

We need a panting emoticon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ive seen the news and I believe you, down here in florida it feels so muggy outside at night, even in my house it still feels humid. :P
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Ive seen the news and I believe you, down here in florida it feels so muggy outside at night, even in my house it still feels humid. :P
Oh I know, it's so humid at nights, but usually over here I like to open the windows at nights because it luckily does start to cool down, it's just Dad keeps the house locked up tight and it's so hot at night to sleep.

Ohio; Too friggin' cold in the winter, and too friggin' hot in the summer.
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

I'm a bit late on jumping in the conversation, but I gotta say living by a lake has it's advantages. :D
... But then again there's been no need for cooling down these past few weeks :( :P

Finland; according to some it's six months cold and six months god damn cold.
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Up here in New York There's four days where your dragging yourself along the ground begging fro water and then there are three day of lighning and rain (which is cool) and then its back to the hot days.

And I like my drink the Norman... Its half rootbeer then you put coke, moutain dew, Canada Dry, and Pepsi in it to 3/4 the cup then finish it up with Orange Hi C.

Yum lck