It's starting soon (school)

The place for anything at all...
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

I have rather bad memories of school. I was alwyas the outcast kid that sat away from everyone else. Everyone just...didn't like me or something.

I did my own thing. I sat and did my work and drew when I had nothing else to do. I just wanted to go in, do my school work, and go out but they just seem to hate me. Well, for one, I have always been the teacher's pet. I did my work, I stayed out of trouble and was really quiet. The teacher whold (Something I always HATED) say to everyone, "Look at Kiley, everyone! She is doing her work and is sitting here quietly! Why can't you all do that!?" I just would sink down to my seat. I know that I was screw after that.

I always seem to befriend males better than femals because they seem to want to talk to me and we almost share the same interests. I was never one to have many girlfriends. Other females just seem to dislike me. In one school year, I might just have 4 male friends for every one female friend.

I also was put down alot because of my artwork. Other people have always came up to me, seen what I'm drawing and say, "This sucks! You should give up drawing!" or," You'll never be a good artist and you should just give up!" and that just really hurt me. I already have low self-esteem because of the comments said by other girls and now my art self-esteem was dashed to bits. I really hate myself for letting them do this to me.

Now it all comes to why I'm home schooled. Almost three years ago, my brother came to my class room during class change wanted to fight the guy who have been bothering me for years now. The guy came and they ended up fighting in the hall. When I saw the guy (then the guy was 17 and my brother was 15) grab my brother and got him ready to throw him down the stairs, I ran and kicked him in the groin from behind which made the guy fall down the stairs. Everyone was all like, "You're in trouble.". I didn't care, I was mad as hell. I turned to them and said shut up then went to the guy and started kicking him saying " Hope I F*cking break your legs, son of a b*tch!" and the principal came and took the guy away. Then, mad, I smack my brother on his head and told him why the hell did he do that!?! We was then called to the office. I was thinking during the way down, "Oh god I am in trouble. I just soiled my spotless record and my mom wasn't going to be happy. My brother have had some spots aready on his record so one more wasn't going to hurt him."

They put us in a room for almost an hour when we was called in. The guy was telling the principal what happened and that I kicked the crap out of him. The principal was in my side and said that he have been sent here many times for bothering this girl and that he was going to throw her brother down the stairs so if you airn't seriously hurt, he deserved t. So the principal kept me until school was over.

He then sent me back to class to get my stuff. I went up stairs and everyone was all like to me, "Why did my brother do that? You both should be suspended!" And starting crap with me. Everyone liked the guy because he was a class clown , bothing other kids with jokes and even hitting them. I have always been a target so he made the kids laugh many times bothering me so when I get HIM suspended for hurting my brother and bothering me, they blame ME!

Then this guy who was the other guy's friend and also 17, pushed me, calling me a b*tch. I just had it. I went over and slaped him and called him a p*ssy. Now I admit I was the wrong who did that but I , a 13 year old girl, did not deserve what happened next. The guy started punching the s*it out of me like I was another guy and stomping me calling me a b*tch! And you know what everyone was doing? They was cheering him on and blocking the teacher from stoping the fight! Then, I must have had god with me or something but all of the sundden, the 10th grader girl who I have befriended because she liked my writing and art saved me and helped me up. Everyone was all like , "He f*cked her up! Hah hahahah!" and just when we was half way down the hall, she turned back and said, "You all are a bunch of f*cking animals!!! You should be ashamed of yourself!!!" And took me to the office. Mom just had it from there and kept me home to be home schooled.

And that is my life. :|
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

She's right. They are a bunch of animals — baboons came to mind. You were so in the right, glad the principal was on your side.

It's scary to have to go through that, though.
ImageImageImageImage
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

I wish I could've made my own schedule this year. I had to go register for school and my schedule was all **cked up :( I'm missing a couple of class periods, which wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't going to get marked truant for not being a class (even though I don't have one). Apparently, Most of the classes I was willing to take/wanted were first period classes in frist trimester, and they overlapped or some bullsh*t, so instead of just picking something so I could at least have a full schedule, they just leave it blank. Now my dad and I have to down to the school tomorrow and see what we can do about it. The people at my school are incompetent. Last year we were over charged, so we had to sort that out. My dad says I was probably under charged this year, which is fine by me because it make up for last year, they have no clue what my Student Ambassador experiance gives credit for because I'm apparently the only student in my school that's ever gotten something like that. "someday" the counselor will call and see what it counts towards. I like the teachers and all because they're nice and want to give us an education, but some of them are just, well....yeah. Then again, the mentality of the majority of the students is "We don't want challenging classes, we want really easy ones" and I've been screwed out of getting better classes because of the stupid little rules, like "Sophomores can't take college classes". I got a better score on my college ACT than most of the Seniors did!! And as far as high school goes, it counts for nothing! At least the colleges and universities get to see my score. Anyways, I'm really sorry for ranting and sounding like an a**. This school thing is pissing me off, and my Ozzfest concert got cancelled :cry: We finally got tickets and they cancel it and they're not rescheduling. It would appear as if I'm doomed not to see Ozzy, Rob Zombie, and Black Label Society in concert, but I won't give up hope yet. My friend from out of town and I are thinking of doing an Ozzfest road trip next year to go it. We were looking forward to hanging out with each other 8) Anyhow, I'l stop blabbering now. I just needed to vent and clear my head and whatever. Sorry again if I came off as an assh*le or something. Cheers guys! :howl:  :oo
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Shuck »

Whoa Hamster! That sucks! Those other kids are animals and f*cking losers. I hate people that do sh*t like that. I got teased a lot in elementry school because I have really dark body hair, but I never got into actual fights about it. I've almost been in a few, but the other kid backs down before I do. That's why I don't like school so much anymore. It's almost like a damned zoo. I usually get singled out in class because I don't talk much. All the other kids think I'm weird because I don't talk to them. I don't see why it's weird. I have nothing to say to them and I don't like the majority of the kids in my school anyways. I'm only to go to one class reunion so I can see where everyone else is at in their life. I don't want to see them now and I that's the only reason I'd pay money to see those bastards again. They never did anything like that to me, but I've been laughed at plenty of times and I think of a lot of them as ignorant losers. I'm better than them and I'll prove it to them. I'll be quiet again now. I've had a rather angry day. Thank God I'm on medication that makes me a little more mellow or I might've killed something by now :lol:
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Exactly! Why the heck do other kids see that to be weird? I don't talk because A) I don't want/like to and b) I have nothing to say to them yet I am weird. I tell ya, the schools are just going to get worst and worst until school shootings and stabings are a normal event. :|

Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Hamster wrote:I have rather bad memories of school. I was alwyas the outcast kid that sat away from everyone else. Everyone just...didn't like me or something.

I did my own thing. I sat and did my work and drew when I had nothing else to do. I just wanted to go in, do my school work, and go out but they just seem to hate me. Well, for one, I have always been the teacher's pet. I did my work, I stayed out of trouble and was really quiet. The teacher whold (Something I always HATED) say to everyone, "Look at Kiley, everyone! She is doing her work and is sitting here quietly! Why can't you all do that!?" I just would sink down to my seat. I know that I was screw after that.

I always seem to befriend males better than femals because they seem to want to talk to me and we almost share the same interests. I was never one to have many girlfriends. Other females just seem to dislike me. In one school year, I might just have 4 male friends for every one female friend.

I also was put down alot because of my artwork. Other people have always came up to me, seen what I'm drawing and say, "This sucks! You should give up drawing!" or," You'll never be a good artist and you should just give up!" and that just really hurt me. I already have low self-esteem because of the comments said by other girls and now my art self-esteem was dashed to bits. I really hate myself for letting them do this to me.

Now it all comes to why I'm home schooled. Almost three years ago, my brother came to my class room during class change wanted to fight the guy who have been bothering me for years now. The guy came and they ended up fighting in the hall. When I saw the guy (then the guy was 17 and my brother was 15) grab my brother and got him ready to throw him down the stairs, I ran and kicked him in the groin from behind which made the guy fall down the stairs. Everyone was all like, "You're in trouble.". I didn't care, I was mad as hell. I turned to them and said shut up then went to the guy and started kicking him saying " Hope I F*cking break your legs, son of a b*tch!" and the principal came and took the guy away. Then, mad, I smack my brother on his head and told him why the hell did he do that!?! We was then called to the office. I was thinking during the way down, "Oh god I am in trouble. I just soiled my spotless record and my mom wasn't going to be happy. My brother have had some spots aready on his record so one more wasn't going to hurt him."

They put us in a room for almost an hour when we was called in. The guy was telling the principal what happened and that I kicked the crap out of him. The principal was in my side and said that he have been sent here many times for bothering this girl and that he was going to throw her brother down the stairs so if you airn't seriously hurt, he deserved t. So the principal kept me until school was over.

He then sent me back to class to get my stuff. I went up stairs and everyone was all like to me, "Why did my brother do that? You both should be suspended!" And starting crap with me. Everyone liked the guy because he was a class clown , bothing other kids with jokes and even hitting them. I have always been a target so he made the kids laugh many times bothering me so when I get HIM suspended for hurting my brother and bothering me, they blame ME!

Then this guy who was the other guy's friend and also 17, pushed me, calling me a b*tch. I just had it. I went over and slaped him and called him a p*ssy. Now I admit I was the wrong who did that but I , a 13 year old girl, did not deserve what happened next. The guy started punching the s*it out of me like I was another guy and stomping me calling me a b*tch! And you know what everyone was doing? They was cheering him on and blocking the teacher from stoping the fight! Then, I must have had god with me or something but all of the sundden, the 10th grader girl who I have befriended because she liked my writing and art saved me and helped me up. Everyone was all like , "He f*cked her up! Hah hahahah!" and just when we was half way down the hall, she turned back and said, "You all are a bunch of f*cking animals!!! You should be ashamed of yourself!!!" And took me to the office. Mom just had it from there and kept me home to be home schooled.

poor kiley :P hugs?
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

I have some friends that swear up and down that children are angels, they're born perfect, it's the adults that corrupt them with judgementalism, tendency to label and ostracize, scapegoatism, sex roles, et alia.

I personally think it's the other way around. That children exhibit typical human behaviour and it's the process of maturation into adults that overrides this tendency. Adults who still label, judge, ostracize, who are prejudiced and still operate in cliques/cabals, are not adults. They're still exhibiting childish behaviour and haven't matured.

Take a look at the social graces of your average 3-year-old. It's abominable! Imagine if a full-grown human stood up on the chair and shrieked and squealed at the top of their lungs in a restaurant. Took off screaming and crying if they saw something they wanted and couldn't have it, for whatever reasons. They'd lock 'em up. The recent swath of constitutional bans against same-sex marriage is an example of cliquism writ large.
ImageImageImageImage
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

vrikasatma wrote:I personally think it's the other way around. That children exhibit typical human behaviour and it's the process of maturation into adults that overrides this tendency. Adults who still label, judge, ostracize, who are prejudiced and still operate in cliques/cabals, are not adults. They're still exhibiting childish behaviour and haven't matured.

I personally don't think theres much difference. It's just that when adults do the things children do, they're a lot more subtle about it.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Searif Bogard wrote:
Hamster wrote:I have rather bad memories of school. I was alwyas the outcast kid that sat away from everyone else. Everyone just...didn't like me or something.

Ok. I haven't had a computer hug in a while. :lol:

Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Hamster wrote:
Searif Bogard wrote:

Ok. I haven't had a computer hug in a while. :lol:
well sorry if I couldnt give you anything better :D
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Shuck »

Hamster wrote:Exactly! Why the heck do other kids see that to be weird? I don't talk because A) I don't want/like to and b) I have nothing to say to them yet I am weird. I tell ya, the schools are just going to get worst and worst until school shootings and stabings are a normal event. :|
Sometimes it's the "weird" ones that do the shootings because they can't stand the obnoxious assh*les anymore. One girl in my school brought in a knife and threatened to shoot everyone in her PE class! She was picked on a lot, so I could see why she did it, although she's not quiet or anything. She went around the school trying to collect souls one day, then she was sort of stalking one my friends and wouldn't leave him alone, she made a star out of popsicle sticks and put some string through it and wore it as a necklace (she's tiny, so it practicaly overwhelmed her stature), and walks through halls where people tease her. I'm the first to admit that I'm completely ashamed of my assh*le friends for picking on her. It's a horrible thing for them to do, but they won't knock it off. It's sad when someone can't walk through a hall because they'll be called something, but I'd rather choose a different hall than go through all the harrassment (or better yet, tell a teacher).

The girl does have her "quirks" but what about me? I'm always called "weird" or "antisocial" or something like that. I'd rather ignore people because I don't deal well with harassment and I'd end up bringing a weapon to school and hurting somebody. And that's if I didn't freak right then and there and knee them in the face and slam them in their locker. Yes, I know, I'm kinda violent :roll: I feel that school is just sort of of cruel place. If you're not like everyone else, you're harassed about it. People tell me at least they "try to fit in". Good for them. I don't like them so why the hell would I want to dress like them? I'm not into what they are.

Unfortunatly, my friends are incredably hateful and bitter people, and they laugh at everyone. They're the sort that're mean to others because they're pissed off about themselves and their lives so they take it out on everyone else. We're not exactly "normal" ourselves. We've banished ourselves to eating lunch in the hallway because none of us want to deal with everyone in the commons. It's kinda weird and stuff, and I've rambled on enough already :lol: Some people, huh?
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Messed up world. :|

Kinda won't to make my kids stay and be home schooled.

Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Shuck »

Yeah. In a way homeschooling would be better. But then regular school kinda prepares for what the real world's like. Not everyone's nice, what makes you You isn't always special, and it teaches you about jerks and stuff and how to socialize. Then again, all that's quite bit to go through when you get it in the extremes like you got. That would make me want to have my kids homeschooled too. I just don't really understand why some people have to be so mean. It's ridiculous, and think of the mental scarring that happens. All the hair teasing's made me really self conscious (sp?) about myself. The only time I've worn something to school that shows my knees and below is my kilt, and I always wear my kilt socks with it, so all you get is my knees. I'm actually surprised that I wear short sleeved shirts :lol: I'm getting over it a little though 8)
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Hey, guess what I come to find out!?!

People suck! Plain and simple.

I know I or anyone else can't change them. I mean, they are just acting out because of some bad details at home you know. Someone's dad hits him and calls him a f*g everyday most likely he will turn and do the same thing at school. Just a cycle, that's all. Not only that, it just is how some people are. They do what the can and nothing you can do about it. I know I won't have much social skills (Hey meat me in person. I have as much personality as a wet dish rag :lol: ) when I go out into the world. Yeah it sucks but I am going to a dorm college. I can do my socializing there. Who know? Maybe in a year I will have other guys doing jell-o shots on my navel. :lol:

Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Shuck »

lol, You just never know do you? :wink:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I believe children are born smart but cruel.

I know I am a better person now than when I was a four-year-old. Today, I refuse to eat meat unless the animal source was nurtured under specific circumstances. As a young child, I tortured small insects. Today I am a pacifist and often the voice of reason. As a child, I bit people who rubbed me the wrong way. I've seen the same tendancies in other children, so I do not subscribe to the notion of "innocence," or the idea that it is somehow inherantly desirable as a state of being. (I consider that concept a ploy by the medieval church to encourage ignorance.)

On the other hand, I also believe that children are naturally curious about the world and hunger for knowledge, and that it's only a bad set of life experiences and erratic, inconsistant rules and parenting that teaches stupidity and rewards unethical behavior. You see that rules can be broken if you make a scene, and you learn that making a scene is the way to get through life.

And, public school is the epitome of inconsistant rules.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Childhood is a phase to be experienced and passed through. Winston Churchill said, "If you're going through hell, keep going." It's the foundation of your entire life, you build on everything you learn as a child.

There's much to be found in children, but not all. They're pure in the sense of being a blank slate for the most part, but there's a proverb that states beauty has nothing to do with purity. The Nazis wanted to think of themselves as pure, to the world's chagrin: was purity a good thing in that sense?

It's better to view children as potentiality. What that potential is for, is entirely open to question.
ImageImageImageImage
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Scott Gardener wrote:Granted, in college, you still have course requirements to apply towards your degree; I had to take a ton of English courses, even though my writing is pretty proficient. (I use words like "proficient," for example.) That meant that I had to continue suffering through more literature courses. I wouldn't have minded if it had been interesting literature, but instead I got more civil war stuff and late 1800s America. I can honor and respect Mark Twain, but for the love of Lord and Lady, there's other authors out there! (One more reason to consider being British while getting your education--more centuries of history makes for less redundancy.)
Heh. I'm an English major too, so I can relate. And yes, there are the GERs (General Education Requirements), but the saving grace is that there's so much fewer of them; I was finished with both my math and foreign language requirements by the end of the Fall semester of my Freshman year. :D

And I can confirm the British class being more interesting too in my case, but that's only because both countries have at least one literary icon that they don't feel comfortable without devoting a third of the semester too (usally Twain, Poe or Melville in American), and at BSC, the British literary icon, Shakespeare, has an entirely separate class devoted to him. :P
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

(EDIT: Done. -- Vilkacis)
thanks Vilkacis :D

CRAP!!!!!!!! i meant to press quote!!! :x and i lost that pic!!!!! :x :x :( :cry:
Last edited by Anubis on Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I did it :D

I survived the first week of school YAY!!!!!

Well time to complain to you people OK lets see first of there's this evil teacher who deducts one point from the Average grade(the grade that's on the report card) if you don't do homework so if you miss 15 hw and you had a 100 average you'd have an 85. The english teacher I have is horrible she talks really quitely and she thinks were all stupid first lesson is comas like were stupid or something I mean my god. The rest of my classes are ok though and I think i failed the Latin test on the first day but that doesn't matter cause it's friday yay :party:
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

*shudders* to black shuck and hamster:

i know sort of what you mean. in elementary school i had problem with idiots, mostly because i'm tiny. but it changed in fourth grade (thank god) because i got to 'skip ahead a year' in math (which,seriously is an accomplioshment in todays society BUT SHOULD NOT BE! the l;evel i'm at is where evryone should be.) which earned me the 'she's brilliant' reputation. it's not actually true, but most people left me alone after that. As for the 'childern are innocent' they're wrong children are DEVILS! i know, i was one myself. i consider myself moer mature (but, i'm also willing to bet this opinion will chang in a few years) now, but still... bleh...\\

I'm just happy i'm in a 'good' school. my school dosn't suck as much as some, but Cheltenham School District is considered a good school. and if we're a good schoolll....
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I like my classes :D I have web design 1 to start off the day, and my science teacher is nice and is giving us really easy work so far, my math teacher is going to record me a techno cd, my 4th pd teacher is with the newspaper so im gonna do a video game review, this one kid last year only did a topic about HALO2 ( I hate Halo2 fanatics) So I might do a topic about Killzone :D . I have the same english teacher from last year, :roll: and I must have the sweetest world history teacher in the enitre school. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Killzone :o what about Max Payne who are you and what have you done with shadow wulf?? :lol:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Max Payne isnt a FPS now is it. :wink: If halo 2 was third person shooter then Ill put MAX PAYNE. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Oh ok :)
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon