To those who belive in WWs: Why?

The place for anything at all...
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Ralith Lupus wrote: True; however, my point holds. Our "laws" are neither perfect nor all-encompassing, and there's a pretty good chance that many of them are quite simply wrong.
I've never witnessed or experienced a situation where none the laws of gravity, aerodynamics, nor the laws of thermodynamics decided not to function properly.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

I thought that we'd decided it was happening pretty much all the time, just really, really quickly; they'd form and be so unstable that they'd collapse almost instantly. My understanding is that the hardest part of making or entering a wormhole is keeping it open long enough to collect data through.
Sanity is relative.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Vilkacis:
"Along the way, anything conceivable would exist somewhere, and we've all certainly conceived of werewolves." I'm thinking that it should be "Along the way, anything possible would exist..." I'm pretty sure that we can conceive of things that are not possible within the constraints of the physical world, right?
OK, good point. Things that are impossible won't happen. But something that is extremely unlikely one time around becomes almost inevitable if you've got a trillion to the tenth power opportunities.

And, we know that an Earthlike world is possible, because we're on one. Granted, it would take maybe a googol instances of universes with the same set of physics before you get another world close enough to Earth to have something close to human on it, and maybe a googol squared before you get one with werewolves. But, a square googol is nothing to the realm of the infinite.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...