What would be some good music to go along with a werewolf TF

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

I am way, way too amused right now...

Post by Set »

Renorei wrote:I think I might have mentioned this elsewhere before, but I'd love to hear "Pluto" by Bjork or "Deus ex Machina" by Laibach during a TF. Download these and see what you think. I think these would be great songs to play when an evil character is TFing.
I've never heard those until today. My reation was exactly this:

:o Oh, cool...
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Re: I am way, way too amused right now...

Post by Renorei »

Set wrote:
Renorei wrote:I think I might have mentioned this elsewhere before, but I'd love to hear "Pluto" by Bjork or "Deus ex Machina" by Laibach during a TF. Download these and see what you think. I think these would be great songs to play when an evil character is TFing.
I've never heard those until today. My reation was exactly this:

:o Oh, cool...
Ooh, glad you liked 'em! Now that I think about it, they do seem kinda your style.

Another good TF song (or perhaps a battle scene song) would be Pompeii, by E.S. Posthumus. Most likely, certain parts of the song would be more appropriate than others...it's fairly long...

EDIT: You know what? After listening to their song samples...I'm pretty sure that almost ANYTHING by E.S. Posthumus would be good. Obviously, some of it would be better for emotional scenes, some better for battle, some for TF, etc. But, overall, I think their music seems to 'fit' with Freeborn. If you guys want to hear some sound samples, click this word.
black-wolf-
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by black-wolf- »

personally i would have "cradle of filth" - cruelty and the beast playing with the first track :D
nice gothy music and sets the mood...got pleanty more that i like but im listening to that one now :wink:

nice topic
Let your wolfen side roam
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

http://www.deviantart.com/view/29412761/

I had this image pop to mind a month or so ago...
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

"High Hopes" By Pink Floyd. It'd be probably one of those odd scenes, but it's a very emotional ... and weird song.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

There is something laboured and about the passage of time, in the change of shape. Most especially in the FIRST change.

And there is a particular piece which I think really is interesting in this regard.

It is by Pink Floyd.
From the "Dark Side of the Moon" album
The piece is called "Time"

Before it gets to the lyrics, there is a very fascinating and reasonably long intro with a sound reminiscent of the ticking of a clock and a very eclectic and somewhat bare bones but jazzy instrumental.

So folks, get out your copies of 'Dark Side of the Moon', and give that piece 'Time' a new listen.
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Dimmu Borgir - Indoctrination

Listen to this song! Its beautiful! It is loud and agressive, but also really complex with keyboards and guitar-riffs! Check it out!
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

Hey that song IndoctriNation from Dimmu Borgir was cool but it STRAIGHT UP reminded me of NAGLFAR and Cradle of Filth with the fast beat and then it goes slow.
"lolis"
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Maybe thats because they'r all black metal. :P In a melodic way though.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Haha I agree with any Pink Floyd. My band is influenced quite a bit by them. I've got a mixed CD, I need to get Dark Side of the Moon but I may have time. It'd be a change from the horror music (all these suggestions would be a change) that happens when a man turns into some ugly ape monster from Congo.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
garouda
Legendary
Legendary

Post by garouda »

Kirk Hammett wrote:Haha I agree with any Pink Floyd. My band is influenced quite a bit by them. I've got a mixed CD, I need to get Dark Side of the Moon but I may have time. It'd be a change from the horror music (all these suggestions would be a change) that happens when a man turns into some ugly ape monster from Congo.
Being as 'Dark Side of the Moon' is one of the top most popular rock albums, it should be easy to find new or used.
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

I think Milli Vanilli would be a good choice. "Girl You Know its True" is fine example of music.

hwlwnk

In all seriousness I like "Song to the Siren" by Mortal Coil; and there are several selections by Dead Can Dance that could work. I suppose it might be too cliche to use music by Lisa Gerrard in a movie since she is prolifically used in feature films.
garouda
Legendary
Legendary

Post by garouda »

herpscott wrote:I think Milli Vanilli would be a good choice. "Girl You Know its True" is fine example of music.

hwlwnk

In all seriousness I like "Song to the Siren" by Mortal Coil; and there are several selections by Dead Can Dance that could work. I suppose it might be too cliche to use music by Lisa Gerrard in a movie since she is prolifically used in feature films.
Indeed, there are some pretty appropos pieces by Dead Can Dance.
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

well I say Nothings wrong fromDevil Driver or ripped apart from devil driver
"lolis"
CanisLupus
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: it's so cute... AAAHHHHHHH!!!

Post by CanisLupus »

well, basically I would like 2 kinds of musics for a TF:

Dramatic: Violines, fast.
Others: proressive metal.

As said before, the best TF music will be based of the moment. But I really think that instrumental musics are really better than with voice.
huh?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I prefer something dark for TF's, thats why I chose Dimmu Borgir.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Sample choice #1: "Devils Never Cry" - Shawn McPherson & Capcom

Steal a soul for a second chance
But you will never become a man
My chosen torture makes me stronger
In a life that craves the hunger
A Freedom and a quest for life
Until the end of the judgment night

Stepping forth a cure for soul's demise
Reap the tears of the victim's cries
Yearning more to hear the suffer of a
Of a demon as I put it under

Killed before a time to kill them all
Passed down the righteous law
Serve a justice that dwells in me
Lifeless corpse as far as the eye can see

The eye can see
The eye can see
The eye can see

We are falling
The light is calling
Tears inside me
Coming down

Bless me with the
Leaf off of the tree
On it I see
The freedom reign

We are falling
The light is calling
Tears inside
Calm me down

Midnight calling
Mist of resolving
Crown me, with the
Pure green leaf

Bless me with the
Leaf off of the tree
On it I see
The freedom reign

Praise to my father
Blessed by the water
Black night, dark sky
The devil's cry"

not really the best choice. *shrug*
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm favoring more atmospheric and moody, rather than rock. Something without a beat, or at least without lots of singing and guitar riffs.

Imagining my own story over the years, I've pictured a number of different tracks with the first shapeshifting scene, probably the most heavily re-imagined scene of all. (That, and the getting bit scene.) Early on in the late eighties, I used the violin bow on guitar effect portion of Whitesnake's "Still of the Night." I later tried some late Pink Floyd, Momentary Lapse of Reason era. I've since tried Goth, instrumental, and all kinds of stuff. But, if I could direct and edit a movie based on the novel today, I'd put no soundtrack at all, and aim for ultra-realism, like M. Night Shyamalan, who directed movies like The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I agree.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Classical music is always cool 8)
CanisLupus
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: it's so cute... AAAHHHHHHH!!!

Post by CanisLupus »

actually, classical music goes well with nearly everything. You just need to see the better for the occasion.

For a TF, I would like vivaldi's "Tempest Di Mare", on it's climax. There's another one, but I don't remember it's name or it's composer, but it fit perfectly for a wolf TF.
huh?
garouda
Legendary
Legendary

Post by garouda »

Perhaps you were thinking of Ravel's 'Bolero'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolero_(Ravel)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Hidden in the Fog - For the Sightless to Behold

Make sure to check this song! Its really great.