Werewolfed out?

The place for anything at all...
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

Weeeeeell, being as I joined the forum recently, I'm not nearly sick of this yet! Bwa! :D I'm not going to get totally werewolfed out, but I can understand wanting to take a break for a while.

I'm really more of a REAL ANIMAL fan than a werewolf fan. But I have to admit, since the moment I head about Freeborn, I've been dying to see it! 8) I do like werewolves, and I simply can't wait to see more ideal ones!

A big part of the reason I came here is to be around like-minded people and such. :P
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

ah, if you focus on but one thing for to long you become unintrested, thats why I try to keep myself intrested in more the just werewolves, my intrest include the fallowing

werewolves
vampires
ghost
zombies
supernatural for that fact
movies in general
music((most types))
games
reading
art((more looking at it then drawing, considering I suck))
the beauty of many things
fantasy
legends
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Since posting this thread, I've unchained my mind from the werewolf obsession and allowed my mind to drift to other interests.
(Including playing Mario Kart DS online and discussing art and politics with a new friend I just met, as well as reading several books, watching "The Best of The Muppet Show", and various other things to completely take my mind of the subject)

Since then, I've found the feeling of being "overwhelmed" slowly diminishing, and am more open and compforatable thinking about Werewolves, and Werewolf movies, art, books, etc. again.

Really, I think the biggest release of pressure for me was admitting to you, and to myself, that I am really not a Werewolf Fan, but rather, a TF fan. (A far broader category, which just happens to include werewolves as well).

That allowed me to re-explore an old favorite facination/fantasy of mine that is not quite compatable with the common vision of "Vicious, Scary, Bad@**" Werewolves...
...which is my strange desire to become something small, cute, cuddly and extremely fluffy.

Once I let my snuggly side out of it's cage...I found it far easier to let my Kick@** side come out and take it's turn again.

I think I'm back to "normal" now (whatever that is), but don't be suprised if the little Fox in my Avatar get's replaced by something even cuter in the near future.

[Edit:] Disregard my earlier comments about being mostly absent untill the "official" trailers come out for Freeborn. ...I can't stay away from this place. You Guys and Gals are my favorite folks to chat with, and THE PACK is my #1 favorite destination on the World Wide Web.

...and besides...what would The Pack be without it's unofficial "Pack Apostrophe"? (which is neither below the 'Alpha' nor above the 'Omega', but rather somewhere to the left...hiding in the Refgrigerator, trying not to become some hungry wolves snack...precicely right 'behind the ketchup, next to the mayonase and to the left of the coleslaw'.)
[spoiler]Kudos to anyone who knows what that quote is from.[/spoiler]
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:

I think I'm back to "normal" now (whatever that is), but don't be suprised if the little Fox in my Avatar get's replaced by something even cuter in the near future.

Something even cuter?

AHHHHHHHH!!! :scream:

*runs and hides*

:jester:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Something even cuter?

*runs and hides*

[random rambling] I see the jester, so I know you were partially joking, but this common attitude has allways perplexed me.

Why do many people seem to have a natural aversion to things that are CUTE or SWEET?

Seriosly...what the Hell is wrong with that?! Cuteness is Awesome in my own personal opinion...and yet so many appear to be so eager to express hatred towards such things, or destroy them. It is "Cool" to hate cuteness, and I don't understand why.

When talented artists create something very cute and post it on the web, such images are usually coupled with appologies in the descripion text.

...whatever... Cute, Sweet and Wholesome Rules...

...so there...
[/random rambling]
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:Something even cuter?

*runs and hides*

[random rambling] I see the jester, so I know you were partially joking, but this common attitude has allways perplexed me.

Why do many people seem to have a natural aversion to things that are CUTE or SWEET?

Seriosly...what the Hell is wrong with that?! Cuteness is Awesome in my own personal opinion...and yet so many appear to be so eager to express hatred towards such things, or destroy them. It is "Cool" to hate cuteness, and I don't understand why.

When talented artists create something very cute and post it on the web, such images are usually coupled with appologies in the descripion text.

...whatever... Cute, Sweet and Wholesome Rules...

...so there...
[/random rambling]

There is nothing wrong with cuteness.

Since you noticed the jester, I was only kidding.

You want to see cute?

I'll give you cute. :puppyeyes:

Now I need my tummy rubbed.

outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Vuldari: Happy to see you back and better than ever. Never ever stop yourself from exploring all your interests. I suppose that somehow, staying off one thing makes it much more appealing later. (Like eating the same food everyday, though it may be your favorite food, you're bound to get tired of it after awhile.)

And about the cuteness: I love cute things.
My friends know that it isn't hard for me to go 'Awwww....' at something. A pair of socks with little cows on them are sure to be cute in my eyes. Those little CDs for our Gamecube? Adorable. Crias? Absolutely Precious. A duckie throwing werewolf getting a belly rub? Too cute.
:wink:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

I'm having a major "D'awwwww" spasm now. :lol: Ze crias are too goofy!

I love cute things, too. Can't help it. I have numerous stuffed animals, and feel the need to squeeze fuzzy things. xD

Hey, I'm glad you're "feeling better" too, Vuldari! I would miss our wonderful apostrophe if he left. How would I show ownership?!?!?! :lol:

Something even CUTER than that fox? Oh, boy, better brace myself.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Kiba wrote:Something even CUTER than that fox? Oh, boy, better brace myself.
Yeah...maybe that would be a little tougher than I thought. ...I mean...that IS allready quite adorable.

...but anyway...I guess we all just need a little break now and then.

I suppose I had better be careful and not overload on the Cuteness now, otherwise I might just burn out on that too and turn into Megaviolent, Deathbringer Vampire Vuldari instead.

No...on second thought...I don't think so. Image

"Balance" is good. I must find a balance between my interests, from apprecieation of cuddly aesthetics, to a love for intense Action/Combat, to spiritual/philisophical exploration, to marveling the mechanical marvels of science and science-fiction, and whatever else catches my fancy.
...all that, plus Werewolves and other Shapeshifters of course... Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote: You want to see cute?

Actually...now that you mention it, I've allways felt that the "Puppy Eyes" emoticon didn't quite look right. It looks more like the wolf is wearing oversized, magnifying glasses or goggles to me.

Maybe I should employ my re-discovered love for all things adorable to fix and re-do that perticular "lil-woofer" so it looks a bit more like it was intended to.

...I'm not sure what changes I would make, but I may just try anyway.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:

Actually...now that you mention it, I've allways felt that the "Puppy Eyes" emoticon didn't quite look right. It looks more like the wolf is wearing oversized, magnifying glasses or goggles to me.

Maybe I should employ my re-discovered love for all things adorable to fix and re-do that perticular "lil-woofer" so it looks a bit more like it was intended to.

Well, knock yourself out. :wink:

I wasn't the one who made it. I can't remember who did.

There was a few edits I did that got the word "cute" as a responce.

I made this. ----> :wolfkiss:

Here is the responce.
http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 5540#45540

I made this--------> :duckiemind:

Here is the responce.
http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 7801#37801

See.....I can do "cute." :grinp:
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

Reilune wrote: I hate wolves, both normal and were. I have my reasons. They need not concern all of you.
Thassokay! I still like ya! :D
Squee. I made you a present. That comment reminded me of someone.
:jester: Woo.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

:lol: I'm Quent now?
Ronkonkoma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Going with the moon

Post by Ronkonkoma »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

Well, knock yourself out. :wink:

I wasn't the one who made it. I can't remember who did.

There was a few edits I did that got the word "cute" as a responce.

I made this. ----> :wolfkiss:

Here is the responce.
http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 5540#45540

I made this--------> :duckiemind:

Here is the responce.
http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 7801#37801

See.....I can do "cute." :grinp:
You want cute? how about mind-numbing, heart melting, brain exploding, skull crushing cute? http://cuteoverload.com/ its just too damn cute for its own good
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

HOLY. :o That....that....Ronkonkoma, I'm nearly vomiting from cuteness.

DUCKIE!! Yay! There's a duckie right on the home page! Huzzah! :D
And Mini Chomp. I scrolled down and saw a creature whose species I can not recognize. It must have been created by some fruity angel wishing to melt the eyes of the world with cuteness.

And, yes, Reilune, if it doesn't bother you, you are. :lol: *hug* He turned out to be an okay dude, and he didn't like wolves, either!
By the way, Reilune, your avatars make me laugh so hard! :jester:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Ronkonkoma wrote:You want cute? how about mind-numbing, heart melting, brain exploding, skull crushing cute? http://cuteoverload.com/ its just too damn cute for its own good
AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!

*Bookmarks*

Ronkonkoma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ronkonkoma »

Kiba wrote:HOLY. :o That....that....Ronkonkoma, I'm nearly vomiting from cuteness.

DUCKIE!! Yay! There's a duckie right on the home page! Huzzah! :D
And Mini Chomp. I scrolled down and saw a creature whose species I can not recognize. It must have been created by some fruity angel wishing to melt the eyes of the world with cuteness.
Mwahahahahaha!!!
its so cute it's EVIL

:eviljester2: :evilwolf: :evilclown2: :evillaugh: :madhatter:

but yeah its very very sickly cute there, makes my mind feel mushy after looking at it for too long :zombiewolf:

but still fun to look over :thpt2: :wiggle: :D
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Kiba wrote:And, yes, Reilune, if it doesn't bother you, you are. :lol: *hug* He turned out to be an okay dude, and he didn't like wolves, either!
No it doesn't bother me. I've been compared to many people, and Quent is actually one of the sane ones.
Kiba wrote:By the way, Reilune, your avatars make me laugh so hard! :jester:
They are funny aren't they? :D
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Set wrote:
Kiba wrote:And, yes, Reilune, if it doesn't bother you, you are. :lol: *hug* He turned out to be an okay dude, and he didn't like wolves, either!
No it doesn't bother me. I've been compared to many people, and Quent is actually one of the sane ones.
Kiba wrote:By the way, Reilune, your avatars make me laugh so hard! :jester:
They are funny aren't they? :D
I'd like to add that you remind me of several of Ayn Rand's characters. If you ever get the chance to read Atlas Shrugged or The Fountainhead, you'll probably see some similarities between yourself and several of her main characters. Both of these books are what I would consider difficult reads, but well worth it.

To address the topic at hand:

I've always had an interest in werewolves.

Since finding this forum, my interest leapt to surprisingly high levels.

And now, after I've been here awhile, the interest has decreased. It will probably never go back to how low it originally was, but it's nowhere near the obsessive level I was once at. Most likely, the few weeks before and after Freeborn will hail a massive resurgence of obsessiveness for me (and all of us, for that matter), whereupon my level of interest in werewolves will probably go back to where it is now. Unless of course, the success of Freeborn spawns a whole slew of movies in which werewolves and other shapeshifters are depicted as they should be depicted (a.k.a. the way I like 'em). If this occurs, I'll probably stay obsessed for quite a while. But, ultimately, werewolves will probably be something that is a strong interest for me, but not an obsession.

*Note: the statement that werewolves and shapeshifters should be depicted the way I like 'em is not an all-encompassing statement. In other words, I'm not saying that my vision of werewolves is how they should be depicted for everyone, but it is how they should be depicted for me to get the maximum enjoyment. In short, that statement was me suggesting that my opinions are best for me, not saying that my opinions are fact and are best for everyone. I only say this because I don't want to inadvertently get myself into another argument about what werewolves should look like...at this point, I'm tired of arguing. I've stated my opinions and I've backed them up with good reasons why they're valid, and I don't want to argue anymore.
Ronkonkoma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ronkonkoma »

i'll never get tired of werewolves and assorted were-critters.
that is until I get to be one, then the novelty of it will probably wear out fast once i start having to worry about folks who'd like to hunt me, or poke me with needles and things, and want to cling to my leg
:shift: :o :( :P
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Help me! I'm obsessed!

:cafinated:

I was in deep thought, editing an intense scene in my novel, when suddenly, the mood was broken, when someone passed by. Sounds innocent enough. But, what broke the mood was that their scent didn't match the one I pictured for my character! And, they were ten feet away when they passed! (The person had a very male scent, and was a smoker, whereas the character is a female with the feral, earthy, almondy scent of a werewolf, and a bit of musk thrown in, considering what the scene is about.)

(Head bonk against table.)

Maybe I should follow a football team or gripe about politics like a normal person.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

LMFAO!!! :lol: tsk tsk.

alas, i suppose i can sympathise a little. for the most part, i can't do much of anything artistic unless i'm in solitude. If i can use it, i usually turn on some music (preflibly with headphones) to helpt drown eveything out. :|
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U