If Werewolves Become Popular

The place for anything at all...
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself. :(

I HATE seeing things I like go mainstream. I want to horde my interests and kick any loser that comes near them in the KIDNEYS. :x Heheh...really, though. Seems like anytime I think something's cool, pretty soon the whole world dorks it up. :lol: I'm just an awesometastic trendsetter, I guess. (bleh, hope not, really.)

I don't think werewolves will become revamped (ha, pun!) into lame things by the general public. We'll definitely get some new "fans" that will not be wanted. But I don't see werewolves turning into a new fad.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

only 2 things to say:
1.emos suck!
2.Werewolfs will always be popular to us and thats good anoth
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I'd be very, very surprised if werewolves became the cool new thing. 0_o;
I guess it would be good as in a larger selection of ww stuff/tshirts/whatever would be made.
Though I like it as it is now, with only a handful of us fans around :) More special that way. Besides, with everyone else in the world thinking its the cool in thing, it would just be cheapened :P
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

That's my feeling. If werewolves became popular we'd have more people bring more creativity to it. And no, I'm not referring to the kind of creativity Vuldari threw at us...not specifically, anyway hwlwnk
ImageImageImageImage
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

vrikasatma wrote:That's my feeling. If werewolves became popular we'd have more people bring more creativity to it. And no, I'm not referring to the kind of creativity Vuldari threw at us...not specifically, anyway hwlwnk
That's a good side effect of any genre becoming popular. If more people are willing to write, publish and produce the novels and movies, then some of it will be high-quality just through the law of averages. I'd sure be willing to suffer through a larger volume of crud if it meant the good stuff would come along more often.

On the other hand, if the werewolf continues to have a reputation as an unpopular creature, then even high-quality works may fail to be published (in the case of novels) or produced (in the case of movies) and we all lose out.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

MoonKit wrote:
Some of them did have some puppy up things happen to them.
Yuck. I did not say puppy. And I dont think I cursed there. :P
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

Werewolves have always been popular, not a year or two goes by that not somewhere a werewolf thing comes out.

Heck Marvel is working on Werewolf by Night right now, and recently they brough back Star Wolf in the comics.

Werewolves do tend to not get the same roles as vampires thanks to cost, and apperance. Werewolves could have a feel of sexuality behind them but most avoid this due to bestiality problems with a werewolf having sex with a human, a vampire on the other hand is mostly human "only with fangs and such" so animal enough for the animal hots but not animal enough to get in trouble with offending people.

So we always end up with the evil mindless werewolf and the smart sexy vampire (who is also evil).

Also unlike the vampire (whom most have gone with the Classical Dracula version as mainstream) there is no mainstream for the werewolf.
Every movie, animation, comic, ect... that has done them has done them differently in apperance and abilities so its doesn't have that same okay this is what we'll do feel with that is easily recognizable for everyone who sees it that vampires have.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.