Werewolf Venom

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

Would the 'Venom' still be infectious in human form, also, would it be infectious, purely through oral contact, or would you be at risk of infection through contact with other bodily fluids?
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Depends;

If you follow a hard science model, then yes, human form saliva probably would be just as contagious.

If you follow a magic model, then you're probably not going to want the human form's saliva to be infectious. Alternatively, it could be the physical act of biting, and not necessarily just the saliva.

Note also that there are degrees of infectiousness. It's about 100 times easier to get Hepatitis than it is to get HIV, at least based on needle-stick incidents among health care workers. So, it could be that the viral load (or, load of virus-like organisms or structures) has to be great enough that a glancing contact such as a kiss wouldn't do it, but a bite would.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...