You want to make a PACK themed werewolf game? Here's an idea

The place for anything at all...
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

A mention to everyone interested: I have created a forum specifically for this game. Feel free to come on over and help contribute.

http://moonlover003.proboards49.com/index.cgi
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Heya, i just joined teh forums for this game.. sounds awesome.. now Im not much of a quake person myself.. but I'd gladly get it to play a pack version..

Two names came to mind..

Vanishing moonlight,
and Waxing crescent..

Also, if you want moonlover, I can talk to silvers daughter.. She's a developer for Sony, and was a mod developer on EQ2, and Planetside.. Dont know if that would help you, but she's really cool, and a pack member already. :) I'd be happy to send her your way if you like.

AB
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moon_Lover »

*Nods* Good to hear. I don't know how long it'll be until I can get a decent enough idea to get someone like her to work, but I'll definitely keep her in mind. :)
Thanks for the help. :D
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Moon_Lover wrote:I figured. But who says that you can't have unorthodox weapons in orthodox items? (Look at D&D, and you'll find plenty of intriguing and/or ridiculous items created by people)
Indeed, Guitars make excellent weapons, as evidenced by FLCL....

:D
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

man, flcl is a crazy show. wee can't base anything off of the "facts" in that show. i mean, it's really good, but it's insanely crazy.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

nachoboy wrote:man, flcl is a crazy show. wee can't base anything off of the "facts" in that show. i mean, it's really good, but it's insanely crazy.
Heh. I know. But I love the way FLCL's guitars are used.

Musical instrument, blunt weapon, machine gun.... :lol:
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Guitars -drools everywhere- I can swap guitars each time. Just be sure not to have any specified guitars or well, Im gonna be the one busted for my character carrying a Jem or a Gibson flying V...and having to pay for using them. I can always design my own model.

Also, I can write midi music, or aid in music writing, for the program. I can at least score the music and perhaps get it on Powertabs which sounds pretty midi like. The only problem is, when you compress the file into a midi file, it ruins half of it. It's only good when you send someone the powertab and they listen to it with the scored music in front of them.

It's all I use the pogram much for, but it's great, simple to use. Ill post this idea up on the forums.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

:o This is getting more and more interesting. Can't wait till this game is all done.

Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moon_Lover »

Kirk Hammett wrote:Also, I can write midi music, or aid in music writing, for the program. I can at least score the music and perhaps get it on Powertabs which sounds pretty midi like. The only problem is, when you compress the file into a midi file, it ruins half of it. It's only good when you send someone the powertab and they listen to it with the scored music in front of them.

It's all I use the program much for, but it's great, simple to use. Ill post this idea up on the forums.
Well, I don't currently see it in the forums, so I'll post my thoughts here.
While I'm not entirely averse to the thought of using a midi for sound (great compression), the problem is the fact that midis refer to sounds installed on the computer by a third party, and sometimes the sounds used are completely different, occasionally ruining the effect. I recall a Midi I'd heard at one point, absolutely beautiful thing. Much later, I had to replace my computer, and lost the midi set. I had played it with another board, but it wasn't the same.
*Sigh*
Anyway, I'd prefer (if possible) to be able to get it onto something like MP3/MP4. I wouldn't mind using Midi, but it honestly wouldn't be my first choice.
(Which is nothing against you, Kirk. I still may yet borrow your music writing skills. :D )
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Moon_Lover wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:Also, I can write midi music, or aid in music writing, for the program. I can at least score the music and perhaps get it on Powertabs which sounds pretty midi like. The only problem is, when you compress the file into a midi file, it ruins half of it. It's only good when you send someone the powertab and they listen to it with the scored music in front of them.

It's all I use the program much for, but it's great, simple to use. Ill post this idea up on the forums.
Well, I don't currently see it in the forums, so I'll post my thoughts here.
While I'm not entirely averse to the thought of using a midi for sound (great compression), the problem is the fact that midis refer to sounds installed on the computer by a third party, and sometimes the sounds used are completely different, occasionally ruining the effect. I recall a Midi I'd heard at one point, absolutely beautiful thing. Much later, I had to replace my computer, and lost the midi set. I had played it with another board, but it wasn't the same.
*Sigh*
Anyway, I'd prefer (if possible) to be able to get it onto something like MP3/MP4. I wouldn't mind using Midi, but it honestly wouldn't be my first choice.
(Which is nothing against you, Kirk. I still may yet borrow your music writing skills. :D )
Thats okay :D I just thought a video game would use midi, Im not sure how complex your game is gonna be. I can write other types of music...I've never even -written- a midi. I usually write music and record it on a cassette tape. I can write a lot of different styles and different instruments but I'd need a program to actually do the orchestral bits, because I only play guitar, minimal bass guitar and drums which I kind of suck at. So I write all my music using a guitar.

Yeah I forgot to post this on the boards. Im really not with it this week. :( Ill go post on there.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

Aki wrote:
Moon_Lover wrote:I figured. But who says that you can't have unorthodox weapons in orthodox items? (Look at D&D, and you'll find plenty of intriguing and/or ridiculous items created by people)
Indeed, Guitars make excellent weapons, as evidenced by FLCL....

o well they replaced it with bleach woot!
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)