Star Wars Episode 3 Trailer

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote: What I'm not sure of is the next generation of DVD movies. You have HD-DVD and Blu-ray. Which will the movie industry pick? ??
As I undertand it, Sony, Panasonic, and several large film studios (I don't remember which ones) are allready backing blu-ray. Unfortunately, it looks like BOTH will eventually hit the market...which means we (as "consumers") will have to choose one or the other. ...meaning we will inevitably miss out on some "Exclusive" content by sticking with one or the other.

There is talks to unify the next DVD format.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... c_nf/33380

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... /161601928

http://www.videobusiness.com/article.as ... tType=NEWS

It could be under a new name if it happens.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: The main reason I'm not enthusiastic about discussing it is because, about a year ago, I was ready to go out and buy my 5.1 audio system, (with the intention of buying a new Digital/Progressive scan 16:9 Monitor soon afterward), when the company I worked for [Kay Bee Toys] filed for bankrupcy and I lost my job. (Quit, actually, because they tried to keep me...but on a smaller paycheck. The store has since completely closed). I had to spend all of my HT fund to pay the bills while I found a new job, and now I'm stuck with my old 27in. Panasonic and Boom-Box Sterio...as I will not be able to afford to buy a new system anytime soon.

Aw man, that sucks. Well, I hope things get better so you can get the HT of your dreams.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

*waves hand* You will see star wars episode 3 in theaters.... :evil:
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darth Canis wrote:*waves hand* You will see star wars episode 3 in theaters.... :evil:

This brown werewolf is not affected by Jedi mind tricks. :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Darth Canis wrote:*waves hand* You will see star wars episode 3 in theaters.... :evil:
*Joins DarthCanis*ImageImage

*Waves hand* (Said in unison) "You WILL see Star Wars: Espisode III in Theatres..."
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:
*Joins DarthCanis*ImageImage

*Waves hand* (Said in unison) "You WILL see Star Wars: Espisode III in Theatres..."

"Talk to the tail." Image

Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

If you will not join me figarou then you will meet your destiny......

The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

* Looks at Figarou laying face down on the ground...his scorched fur smoking from the intense force lignting.*

"...So be it...Werewolf..."

*Laughs maniacaly as Darth Canis Proceeds to Shock him some more*Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Nice one Vuldari.....

:evil:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darth Canis wrote:If you will not join me figarou then you will meet your destiny......

Gee, that tickles. *holds up marshmellows on sticks*

Vuldari wrote:* Looks at Figarou laying face down on the ground...his scorched fur smoking from the intense force lignting.*

"...So be it...Werewolf..."

*Laughs maniacaly as Darth Canis Proceeds to Shock him some more*Image

As the lightning bolt continues, a cyborg that was Figarou starts to malfuntion.

The real Figarou appears out of no where. Image

Ok, fine. Will I get a secret decoder ring if I join?
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

:lol: Sure you get a free decoder ring lol.... and when you said that tickled lol reminded me of a site lol check it out

http://www.starwarsspoofs.com/
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darth Canis wrote::lol: Sure you get a free decoder ring lol.... and when you said that tickled lol reminded me of a site lol check it out

http://www.starwarsspoofs.com/

:lol: http://www.starwarsspoofs.com/skywalker.html :lol:

This site and I have something in common!! :lol:

And I never seen this before!! :lol:
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Yeah i really like that one and star trek one is pretty funny too glad you enjoyed it!!!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darth Canis wrote:Yeah i really like that one and star trek one is pretty funny too glad you enjoyed it!!!

Thanks for posting it. I love a good laugh. :D
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Indeed a good laugh!
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Holy "Sith"!

Post by Howling Fan »

Because my friend works at a theater, I saw "Revenge of the Sith" for free two days before its premiere. It was definitely the best "SW" prequel by far, though I know that's not saying much. However, I disagree with the critics who say it was better than "Jedi." Even though it's much less kid friendly than "Jedi," being a die-hard fan of the "Holy Trilogy" (as referenced in "Chasing Amy"), I consider it sacrilege to make such a comparison. Besides, I miss Han Solo, Luke, Leia, and Lando from that series.
The preview was like a party. People showed up in Darth Vader masks and fought each other with plastic light sabers (obviously, as opposed to the real kind). There was beer flowing, cigarette smoking (as well as other kinds of "smokes"), and I even "snuck" in two beers myself.
As for the movie itself, the reason why it was so good was because it had what a "SW" movie hasn't featured in 22 long years: heart. It was the actual emotion of the characters, not the CGI or special wizardry F/X of ILM, that gave the movie the dramatic impact the last two lacked. Also, it's the first "SW" to play out like a classic tragedy. Even though you know what's going to happen, the sad inevitability of it all will move you (especially the very end). In fact, I "pulled a Spielberg"; this was the first "SW" to actually make me cry. Of course, as with all "SW" movies, even the first three, the dialogue was weak and needed to be punched up, but that's a small complaint.
Here are a few things you learn about the "SW" universe in "Sith" (I don't consider these spoilers, cos I'm not telling you how or why it happens):

1) Why a Jedi should never fall in love
2) How the Emperor ends up looking like a melting prune
3) Who Anakin's real father is (no, it's not the Emperor)
4) Why Yoda goes into exile
5) Why C-3PO doesn't remember anything from this trilogy in the original trilogy
6) Why this movie is PG-13
7) How a Republic becomes an Empire (with parallels to today's war times and U.S. relations with other countries)
8) Why Obi-One ends up on Tatooine
9) How Anakin learns to choke someone with the Force (and who his first victim is)
10) How the Clone Soldiers become Storm Troopers

I should say that even though we see Jar Jar a few times in this movie, he doesn't even have one single line of dialogue! You know I was happy about that. I should also say that Palpatine is fantastic in this movie; he really carries the film. He has the best lines since "Jedi"; some were even better, I think. Watch for the "Galactic Opera" scene, and you'll know what I'm talking about.
So sit down, strap in, and enjoy the ride!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Well, for the rest of you Star Wars fans, I hope you all enjoy Ep 3 because tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your lives.

I'll wait till the heat dies down a bit before I see it. Not sure how long that'll take. Maybe several weeks. But I will see it before it hits DVD.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

...I just got back from seeing "Episode III:Revenge of the Sith". (It is 3:48AM here)

...I can not begin to put into words how I feel as a STAR WARS fan...

Don't see this movie.

If you loved the original trilogy, do not watch this abomination of flashy special effects, abismal diologue and void of all tangible plot...

...it will break your heart.

What have you done George Lucas?...You've killed Star Wars...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:

Don't see this movie.

If you loved the original trilogy, do not watch this abomination of flashy special effects, abismal diologue and void of all tangible plot...

...it will break your heart.

What have you done George Lucas?...You've killed Star Wars...

??

Guess I'll wait for the DVD after all.
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

I have to agree with Figarou: ??
It's one thing to say you don't like a movie and tell people not to see it; it's quite another to offer no evidence of your opinion.
"Flashy special effects"? Every "SW" movie features "flashy special effects," including the 1977 original, which was considered "flashy" by the standards of the time.
"Abysmal dialogue"? I already admitted that the script needed punching up on the dialogue, but "SW" movies were never known for their Shakespearean lines. ("Jedi" featured the laughable line, "You Jedi scum!" and "A New Hope" featured the infamous Luke whine, "I was going to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters!")
"No tangible plot"? Honestly, did you even pay attention to the movie at all or fall asleep (you say you got back at 2:30 a.m.)? This movie finally explained why Anakin Skywalker fell to the Dark Side, thus completing the overall plot of the saga, and without giving anything away, it satisfies and delivers. Did you really think "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones" were better?
People should make up their own mind whether to see a movie or not.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I expect we'll get more of an explanation from Vuldari when it's not 4am.

Personally, I didn't have much hope after seeing the second one. Since I rarely watch movies anyway, I probably won't ever see the third. But I made that decision long ago.

I can understand disappointment, but I do think it's a bit harsh to tell people outright not to watch it. Many people may enjoy it, even if you didn't (i.e. Howling Fan). Of course, that doesn't mean due warning is not in order.

-- Vilkacis
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

Vilkacis wrote:Many people may enjoy it, even if you didn't (i.e. Howling Fan).
No, I did enjoy it. That was the whole point of my messages. I must say, though, that I'm a little insulted that even though I listed reason after reason why this one is the best prequel, and Vuldari simply said "Don't see it" without any evidence whatsoever, Figarou has decided to listen to Vuldari and not see it in theaters, instead of either a) going with the opinion of someone who actually presented his argument or b) going to watch it and make up his own mind about whether it's good or not.
And I know people aren't fans of critics, but this one is getting the best reviews since "Empire": Four Stars, Two Thumbs Up, "The Force is with Lucas in Ep. III," "This one delivers," "The best of the prequels," etc., etc.
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

P.S.: If you don't want to listen to critics, here's what "Star Wars" fans are saying:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/film_star_wars_opens
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Howling Fan wrote: Figarou has decided to listen to Vuldari and not see it in theaters, instead of either a) going with the opinion of someone who actually presented his argument or b) going to watch it and make up his own mind about whether it's good or not.

Actually, I wanted to wait for the DVD in the 1st place. It wasn't Vuldari that made me decide to wait.

I waited for Ep.2 to be on DVD before I saw that one.

I happen to have an awesome home theater. I like to experience great surround sound without knowing the films content beforehand. Seeing it in the theater, then watching it at home spoils it.

I WILL watch Freeborn when it hits the theaters!!
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Okay...okay...

Let me Explain myself.

#1-It was 4:00AM when I typed that.

#2-I absoultely HATED the movie.

I am very, very confused.

I want to see this version of "Revenge of the Sith" that all of the reviewers saw, which "explained" all of the gaps and mysteries in the Star Wars mythology...because it could not have been the same movie I saw last night.

...oh sure...stuff Happened...but none of it made any sense.

Every movie in the Star Wars saga has had cheezy lines. It's a "campy" series. The originals were memorable like that.

...but the lines in THIS movie were not fun, memorable quotes like "...aren't you a little short to be a storm trooper?...". NO. Instead, the lines were all soo painful to listen to that I could hardly keep watching. For example...one of Darth Vaders last spoken lines in the film, screamed into the air.
(...come on. Anyone who has seen the movie...that was supposed to be a dramatic moment. ...but didn't you LAUGH? ...it was that bad.)

Anakins motivations for everything he did in the film (including his reasons for joining the dark side), just didn't make sense. The moment before he pledges his loyalty to Palpatine, he was figting to uphold the ideals of the Jedi order...then suddenly he just INSTANTLY changes his mind. WTF?!

...Yoda fails to whoop the Emperors @** ONCE, and so decides to give up and go into exile...

...Hunh?...

None of the battles were as exiting or intense as even the battles in the first two pre-quils. Sure...there were MORE soldiers, ships and explosions...but the film didn't make you care about ANY of it.

...they didn't bother to elaborate on why the twins Luke and Leia "had to be split up"...

...they didn't bother to give any reason why C-3PO's memory was wiped...they just...did.

...Darth Vader never weilds the red ligtsaber in this film...or does ANYTHING while wearing the black suit, for that matter...

Howling Fan wrote:No, I did enjoy it. That was the whole point of my messages. I must say, though, that I'm a little insulted that even though I listed reason after reason why this one is the best prequel, and Vuldari simply said "Don't see it" without any evidence whatsoever, Figarou has decided to listen to Vuldari and not see it in theaters, instead of either a) going with the opinion of someone who actually presented his argument or b) going to watch it and make up his own mind about whether it's good or not.
And I know people aren't fans of critics, but this one is getting the best reviews since "Empire": Four Stars, Two Thumbs Up, "The Force is with Lucas in Ep. III," "This one delivers," "The best of the prequels," etc., etc.

...seriously...are there TWO versions of this movie? The film I saw felt like a Bad cartoon or a Bad fan-film with lot's and lot's of special effects. What I saw was NOTHING like what other people are describing as "The BEST since...(*Insert previous favorite SW movie*)...".

In fact...it is my opinion that Episode III was the WORST film I have seen on the big screen since ...well... Jurassic Park III .

I LOVE special effects. The SFX was a major part of what make the orignals so memorable and spectacular. ...but covering a horribly written script with millions of dollars worth of Eye-Candy does NOT make it a good movie.

The "Clone Wars" cartoon series is really strange...but it was at least COOL. The cartoon did a better representation of the characters than the movie did. ...Anakin...Obi--Wan...Grevious...Padme...Yoda...Mace-Windu...Count Dooku...
...All cooler in the cartoon than in this film.

Watch it if you must...but don't expect high-grade drama or quotable diologue.

Personally, I am going to try to forget that I ever saw this movie.

Everyone is intiltled to their own opinions...and mine is that : "Star Wars: Episode III "Revenge of the Sith" is the Worst Film in the Star Wars Saga...Image

WHY George Lucas?!?!...WHY?.................... Image