Showing the werewolf's softer side.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I know it looks like we're just goofing off out of character again, but actually this would be a good way to make the werewolf more human: with a sense of humor. We attribute play to just about every species in the mammal family, but only humans seem to have this unique ability to laugh at ideas, recollections or things that would otherwise not be amusing.

I can't picture a werewolf loving Fangface, but I can picture the only gestalt in the room turning on Fangface or something equally horrible and/or annoying and playing keep-away with the remote.

Other example scenario I thought of was somebody making fun of a werewolf (human or gestalt form alike), by patting his head. I pictured the werewolf sort of hunching over and glaring at first, then cracking an over-exaggerated grin and stomping a foot repeatedly against the floor.

"Will you quit goofing off in there! If the neighbors downstairs complain about the nosie, we're all screwed!"
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

That sounds good too. one way to do it and include a duckie would be , if, we nclude the 'duckies i nthe safehouse window', have one spike the duckie at the other and have the other grin and shake his/her fist.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Shadowblaze wrote:That sounds good too. one way to do it and include a duckie would be , if, we include the 'duckies in the safehouse window', have one spike the duckie at the other and have the other grin and shake his/her fist.
*sigh* Boy, if I only had a dime for every time someone did or made mention of spiking a duckie...

The way we've been joking about it, I'd be more surprised if the safehouse marker didn't get thrown. I just don't want to see it as the punchline of this huge set-up; I'd rather see somebody throw the duck to get somebody's attention and deliver an important line than have the duck-throwing be the response to a joke.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

yeah, you do have a point, duckie throwing is overused. but anything like that, even just playing a practiacl joke or anythign we do for humor that isn't too mean would work in this. it might be more powerful in gestalt form or full wolf, but then again it might also be misunderstood...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote: Other example scenario I thought of was somebody making fun of a werewolf (human or gestalt form alike), by patting his head. I pictured the werewolf sort of hunching over and glaring at first, then cracking an over-exaggerated grin and stomping a foot repeatedly against the floor.

Hehe!! Reminds me of this!! http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 3773#13773

Shadowblaze wrote:yeah, you do have a point, duckie throwing is overused. but anything like that, even just playing a practiacl joke or anythign we do for humor that isn't too mean would work in this. it might be more powerful in gestalt form or full wolf, but then again it might also be misunderstood...

Who says its overused? :duckbomb: :wetwolf4: :ducktoss2: :toxicduckie: :Duckietoss:

:D
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i think that werewolves should be alittle tempermental, but not so much that he or she will rip your face. after a milk bone crack. i think that the should have the anti hero thing going on :)
THE GAME

My Armory
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

A sense of humor would really 'humanize' a werewolf. Yet does a wolf laugh? I can see them easily smiling yet if they were to laugh what sound were they to make if any?
The way we've been joking about it, I'd be more surprised if the safehouse marker didn't get thrown. I just don't want to see it as the punchline of this huge set-up; I'd rather see somebody throw the duck to get somebody's attention and deliver an important line than have the duck-throwing be the response to a joke.
I'd agree. I don't want to make a fantastic statement to get a nice bonk on the head. Yet truly, who doesn't like the duckie?

Llama Llama Duck! :duckie
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

The softer side of a wolf?

Mmm..... lets see...

a werewolf in halfway form playing with his puppy? *imagines the cuteness poisening lawsuits*

...okay maybe not, guess a werewolf could have a rat or kitten instead.

Or you could just, I dunno, have a werewolf try to impersonate Scooby Doo's voice just for kicks.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Re: Showing the werewolf's softer side.

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote: A werewolf in gestalt form flipping through TV channels. "Grrrrrrrr" :x

werewolf 1 in human form- "Whats his problem?"

werewolf 2 in human form- "I don't know. He's been flipping thorugh the channels all night.

werewolf in gestalt form-*stops channel surfing and wags tail*

werewolf 1 and 2 "FangFace? Oh hell no!!!"

:lol:
I now have a great image of a werewolf in gestalt form sitting on a couch, eyes glued to the TV set, holding a box of cereal in his lap, and, without looking, reaching into it occationally, pulling out a handful of cereal and stuffing it into his mouth.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

WolvenOne wrote:The softer side of a wolf?

Mmm..... lets see...

a werewolf in halfway form playing with his puppy? *imagines the cuteness poisening lawsuits*

...okay maybe not, guess a werewolf could have a rat or kitten instead.

Or you could just, I dunno, have a werewolf try to impersonate Scooby Doo's voice just for kicks.
You wouldn't necessarilly need to see a werewolf playing with a puppy or kitten; just have a scene take place in his house/apartment and let one roam about the stage: the gentleness will be implied.
A sense of humor would really 'humanize' a werewolf. Yet does a wolf laugh? I can see them easily smiling yet if they were to laugh what sound were they to make if any?
Canines aren't as detailed in their vocalizations as we are, but a lot of people can contain their natural reflex to laugh, but not their natural reflex to smile. I imagine werewolves in today's society would be cautious not to demonstrate any canine reflexes, although when a werewolf can't keep a straight face, that might be the only time you see a werewolf's tongue lolled out in a smile. It'd be sort of like the way we react to things that are funny: we can contain our laughter, but sometimes our only way to keep from smiling is to cover our faces.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote: A werewolf in gestalt form flipping through TV channels. "Grrrrrrrr" :x

werewolf 1 in human form- "Whats his problem?"

werewolf 2 in human form- "I don't know. He's been flipping thorugh the channels all night.

werewolf in gestalt form-*stops channel surfing and wags tail*

werewolf 1 and 2 "FangFace? Oh hell no!!!"

I now have a great image of a werewolf in gestalt form sitting on a couch, eyes glued to the TV set, holding a box of cereal in his lap, and, without looking, reaching into it occationally, pulling out a handful of cereal and stuffing it into his mouth.

heh, I did exactly that when I was little. :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Figarou wrote:
Terastas wrote:
*Werewolf in gestalt form and werewolf in human form are watching Fangface*
*Somebody mentions food and Fangface eats Puggsy*
*Gestalt werewolf and human werewolf exchange glances*
*Gestalt grins. Human elbows gestalt in the ribs*
werewolf in human form- "How many times has Puggsy been in Fangface's mouth?"

werewolf in Gestalt form- "Practically every episode, why?

werewolf in human form- "Well, werewolves have sharp teeth. Puggsy could've accidently scratched himself while struggling and become a werewolf himself."

werewolf in gestalt form-- "hmmmmmmm" *sits on shoulders of human form werewolf."

werewolf in human form-- "Hey!! You're heavy!! Get off!!"

werewolf in Gestalt form-- "That goes to prove that hollywood needs to think on what they do with werewolves in cartoons and in the movies."
continued........

werewolf in human form (ww1) "You're so right!! But sitting on my shoulders doesn't prove much." *shows other werewolf a picture of the sun*

werewolf in Gestalt form (ww2)--"Ack!! The sun!!" *reverts back to human form* rvt

(ww1)--"What the? You did that on purpose!!"

(ww2) *laughs*
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

outwarddoodles wrote:A sense of humor would really 'humanize' a werewolf. Yet does a wolf laugh? I can see them easily smiling yet if they were to laugh what sound were they to make if any?
Smiling werewolves...no, no, no, no, NO! That would bug me immensely. Canines do not smile. If the werewolf is in human form then fine, but Gestalt or wolf forms should not smile. Animals don't expose their teeth to show they're happy or are amused at something. Only humans do that. Animals bear their teeth to show agression. Canines especially.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Being the fact werewolf movies are usally in the middle of the night or in the morning its really fun to set my alarm clock, get up, and eat a nice bowl of cereal as watching werewolves. (Except for during October, where werewolf movies are more plentiful and on at all times of the day.)
:D
Smiling werewolves...no, no, no, no, NO! That would bug me immensely. Canines do not smile. If the werewolf is in human form then fine, but Gestalt or wolf forms should not smile. Animals don't expose their teeth to show they're happy or are amused at something. Only humans do that. Animals bear their teeth to show agression. Canines especially.
No no, not smiling as a human does. But pulling back their lips and lolling out their tongue, usally as I see dogs do.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

outwarddoodles wrote:No no, not smiling as a human does. But pulling back their lips and lolling out their tongue, usally as I see dogs do.
Oh. Well that's different. That would be fine...my five furballs do that on occasion.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Lets see....

Playing Go-Fish

Playing Reactionary Bingo "We've got a fainter over here," ,"BINGO!"

Shifting to full wolf form and chasing the mail man.

Changing to full wolf form and letting all the little kids at the park pet em.

Putting a clown costume over thier halfway form and passing out candy during Halloween.

Showing a werewolf snuggle in halfway form with it's human girlfriend *or boyfriend if it's a female werewoof.*

Okay, ran out of ideas for now.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

umm, playing patty cake with a baby while in gestalt form :lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:umm, playing patty cake with a baby while in gestalt form :lol:

Or how about "Peek-a-boo" while in gestalt form. :jester2:
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Or how about "Peek-a-boo" while in gestalt form.
LOL, that just reminded me of this one scene in Ice Age. A Sabertooth playing peek-a-boo with a baby. Creeping the baby out of course.

"Wheres the baby?"
*uncovers eyes*
"Theres the baby!"
*claws out, fangs bared*
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Reilune wrote:If the werewolf is in human form then fine, but Gestalt or wolf forms should not smile. Animals don't expose their teeth to show they're happy or are amused at something. Only humans do that. Animals bear their teeth to show agression. Canines especially.
It seems to me that you're forgetting something: the werewolf is still half human. So while animals don't bare their teeth to show amusement, humans do; and they do it in part because of years of conditoning. I wouln't have any problems with a werewolf in gestalt form smiling. If the werewolf was raised out in the wild, away from soicety, fine, but it would bug me to see someone supress decades of human social conditioning.

Edit: I must be trying to corner the comma market or something.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:
Or how about "Peek-a-boo" while in gestalt form.
LOL, that just reminded me of this one scene in Ice Age. A Sabertooth playing peek-a-boo with a baby. Creeping the baby out of course.

"Wheres the baby?"
*uncovers eyes*
"Theres the baby!"
*claws out, fangs bared*
Yup, seen that film. Thats where I got "Peek-a-boo" from. :wink:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Happy canines run around with their mouths open, breathing through their mouths; this is where the image of the panting dog with the goofy tongue hanging out originates. I suspect a lycanthrope would develop this same tendancy, particularly in wolf form.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Lupin wrote:I now have a great image of a werewolf in gestalt form sitting on a couch, eyes glued to the TV set, holding a box of cereal in his lap, and, without looking, reaching into it occationally, pulling out a handful of cereal and stuffing it into his mouth.
I was bored today:

The head bothers me and I think i need to flatten it a bit. Also I need something to put on the cereal box.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Lupin wrote:I now have a great image of a werewolf in gestalt form sitting on a couch, eyes glued to the TV set, holding a box of cereal in his lap, and, without looking, reaching into it occationally, pulling out a handful of cereal and stuffing it into his mouth.
I was bored today:
http://nospam.kicks-a**.net/~lupin/couch-sized.jpg
I can tell. :D
Lupin wrote:The head bothers me and I think i need to flatten it a bit. Also I need something to put on the cereal box.
Fruit Brute!!! :lol:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

why dont the gestalt werewolf just start licking a persons face and wagging its tail, and try to tickle him/her. oooh i wish that could be me.
and then as the persons laughing people might think that the werewolf dont pose as a real threat :D , but they'll still take precautions. :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image