What power should a werewolf have in its possession?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

oh i didnt like that in underworld, the pushing bullets out of body part, but im saying if you were to make a werewolf movie, and you werent gonna add regenation, little strength enhanced, then your asking for your movie to bombed, unless it has truly rich story that wont let anything down but your werewolf activites will be limited.Velkacis, Figarou, Lupin, your one of the few people that i know who would expect soo much realism from an imaginary creature. people who arent rappid werewolf fans and dont know as much as we do, would probably think the werewolf movie stinks, or the werewolf is lame, it doesnt do anything cool.

edit: yeah i know this is a drama movie which is why i have high hopes, i didnt mention this but before i was referring to a horror movie or an action movie.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:I'm with Vuldari. The setting for Freeborn is a drama film. No need to have werewolves with odd powers.

If the film was magical, or sci-fi, then I wouldn't mind a few odd abilities.
Yeah, if there were wizards and dragons and whatnot, than I'd expect to see 9-ft tall werewolves that can run at 100mph, summon wolves, and can regenerate from a fine pink mist.
Heh...I bet they'll have a hard time picking thier nose. :lol:
But they have regeneration! :P
Last edited by Lupin on Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:or have deadly acid claws that make anything they touch shrivel up and die...in flames...
Acid claws?

Heh...I bet they'll have a hard time picking thier nose. :lol:
I was just tossing out a list of absurd things that could be fun to watch, as they came to mind. ...you're right....that sounds painful.

...I just had to add something bursting into flames or exploding. KABOOM!!!! :duckbomb2:
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:oh i didnt like that in underworld, the pushing bullets out of body part, but im saying if you were to make a werewolf movie, and you werent gonna add regenation, little strength enhanced, then your asking for your movie to bombed, unless it has truly rich story that wont let anything down but your werewolf activites will be limited.Velkacis, Figarou, Lupin, your one of the few people that i know who would expect soo much realism from an imaginary creature. people who arent rappid werewolf fans and dont know as much as we do, would probably think the werewolf movie stinks, or the werewolf is lame, it doesnt do anything cool.

edit: yeah i know this is a drama movie which is why i have high hopes, i didnt mention this but before i was referring to a horror movie or an action movie.

Oh good grief!! Regeneration and added strength is normal for a werewolf. What I don't want is the werewolf to shoot its claws like a gun. Or glow in the dark. Have laser beam eyes. That sort of power. sheesh!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:oh i didnt like that in underworld, the pushing bullets out of body part, but im saying if you were to make a werewolf movie, and you werent gonna add regenation, little strength enhanced, then your asking for your movie to bombed, unless it has truly rich story that wont let anything down but your werewolf activites will be limited.Velkacis, Figarou, Lupin, your one of the few people that i know who would expect soo much realism from an imaginary creature. people who arent rappid werewolf fans and dont know as much as we do, would probably think the werewolf movie stinks, or the werewolf is lame, it doesnt do anything cool.

Oh good grief!! Regeneration and added strength is normal for a werewolf. What I don't want is the werewolf to shoot its claws like a gun. Or glow in the dark. Have laser beam eyes. That sort of power. sheesh!
:( um, i meant to velkacis, who she doesnt like the idea of regenaration. didnt mean to make you angry
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Velkacis, Figarou, Lupin, your one of the few people that i know who would expect soo much realism from an imaginary creature.
Like I said, it just depends on the setting.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote: :( um, i meant to velkacis, who she doesnt like the idea of regenaration. didnt mean to make you angry

Its spelled Vilkacis And its "he," not "she." :wink:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:Velkacis, Figarou, Lupin, your one of the few people that i know who would expect soo much realism from an imaginary creature.
your right, it does. Even though Freeborn is drama, i always wonder how much action id going to be put into it. :?
Image Image
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

The way I see it, if a movie has to rely solely upon the werewolf being cool, then it's probably not worth seeing. The story and immersion should be the most important things -- everything else should support those. The werewolves are just tools.

And we do so love our tools. However, if we make them too powerful, they cease being useful in their original context.

-- Vilkacis
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote: :( um, i meant to velkacis, who she doesnt like the idea of regenaration. didnt mean to make you angry

Its spelled Vilkacis And its "he," not "she." :wink:
its a typo, i always type she by accident , i just do it with out concouse, i guess cause on chat rooms i always talked to women, soo that made it easier for me to say she instead of he, sorry :(
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Lupin wrote:
your right, it does. Even though Freeborn is drama, i always wonder how much action id going to be put into it. :?

action? hmmmmm...car chases, explosions, werewolves on motorcylces

eh, who knows.

We'll just have to wait and see. :wink:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:your right, it does. Even though Freeborn is drama, i always wonder how much action id going to be put into it. :?
Yes. I'd be disappointed that if, in a fantasy setting, the werewolves were the werewolves from Freeborn.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I have to apologize, then. I was not angry, so I'm sorry if my words seemed so. I know it can be difficult to determine someone's mood via a written medium, so I'm letting you know: nothing you said made me angry in any way. I was just jumping in with my opinion, and I probably did so a bit too forcefully. Sorry about that.

-- Vilkacis
Last edited by Vilkacis on Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Vilkacis wrote:The way I see it, if a movie has to rely solely upon the werewolf being cool, then it's probably not worth seeing. The story and immersion should be the most important things -- everything else should support those. The werewolves are just tools.

And we do so love our tools. However, if we make them too powerful, they cease being useful in their original context.

-- Vilkacis
Yup, i have yet to see a werewolf movie with a decent story, thats including howling and AWIL, they got out of date even when i saw it. but unsuprisenly.. i still watch it, so thats why i really would like to see freeborn, it supposely gonna have a good story to it,
Is there going to be a twist to in it, i love having twists in the story, you know like doublecrossing someone.
Image Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Vilkacis wrote:
I have to apologize, then. I was not angry, so I'm sorry if my words seemed so. I know it can be difficult to determine someone's mood via a written medium, so I'm letting you know: nothing you said made me angry in any way, I was just jumping in with my opinion, and I probably did so a bit too forcefully. Sorry about that.

-- Vilkacis
no i thought figarou was mad at me, i knew you werent mad :D

edit: you know, if you guys didnt have those werewolf and wolf avatars, id get angry at you easier :lol: i guess is your cute avatars that keeps me from getting mad at you guys.
Last edited by Shadow Wulf on Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote: but im saying if you were to make a werewolf movie, and you werent gonna add regenation, little strength enhanced, then your asking for your movie to bombed...people who arent rappid werewolf fans and dont know as much as we do, would probably think the werewolf movie stinks, or the werewolf is lame, it doesnt do anything cool.
So, you're saying that if Freeborn does not feature a scene where a Werewolf gets it's arm blown off, and then show it begining to grow back the next day, then all Non-fanatic movie goers will think the movie sucks?

I think transforming into a wolf, or hybrid wolf beast, becoming stronger and faster, and scaring the heebie jeebies out of people is part of "...anything cool" that werewolves can do.

When I think of a werewolves "regenerative" abilities, I think of large gashes, bite wounds, bullet wounds and severe burns healing faster and better than any human could...but can't help but feel that regrowing entire hands, feet, arms or legs is a bit much. ...half a finger maybe...or the earlobe...or a broken nose healing itself...or the pinky toe...but an entire arm from the shoulder down, complete with a perfectly functional hand?...

Of course, this is just my personal opinion, but I draw the line at half a finger.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:The way I see it, if a movie has to rely solely upon the werewolf being cool, then it's probably not worth seeing. The story and immersion should be the most important things -- everything else should support those. The werewolves are just tools.

-- Vilkacis

Hmmmm....makes me wonder if Freeborn is a story about werewolves. Or is it a story with werewolves in it?

Only one person can answer that. :wink:
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Shadow Wulf wrote:no i thought figarou was mad at me, i knew you werent mad :D
Ah, my bad :D

-- Vilkacis
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

as i posted before" i know i didnt mention this but i was referring to horror and action movies" as well as fantasy.
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

A good story will age a lot better than action and special effects, IMO.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote: no i thought figarou was mad at me, i knew you werent mad :D

No, I wasn't mad. You'll see this if I was. -----> :x
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:A good story will age a lot better than action and special effects, IMO.
yup, :D like,.....*Starts thinking*um,the goonies? i got to look through my libary videos, ive got some that have great stories.
Image Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:

well the whole, "geesh", and the "good greif!!" made me think you were mad at me :(
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Figarou wrote:

well the whole, "geesh", and the "good greif!!" made me think you were mad at me :(

Have you read or seen Charlie Brown? Does he have a mad look on his face when he says "Good Grief?" nope.

As for "sheesh," one is not mad when saying that.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

nope, but he does get annoyed, :D i like it when hes about to kick the football and that girl just removes right before he hits it. :lol:
Image Image