General Announcments and Updates

The place for anything at all...
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

wow :o :D
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Just to let ya know, a couple days ago, we had a thunderstorm. The power went out, and when it came back on, no more internet on the computer :( I'm using the libary's computer now, but I dont know when I'll be back on regulary again :cry:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:Just to let ya know, a couple days ago, we had a thunderstorm. The power went out, and when it came back on, no more internet on the computer :( I'm using the libary's computer now, but I dont know when I'll be back on regulary again :cry:

Lightning can do damage to any electronic. Its best to unplug it from the outlet. Also unplug the phone line and cable line.

That or get yourself a serge protector.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Actually, we did. During the thunderstorm I turned off the computer and unplugged the wire thingy. Later on that night, the storm stopped, so I turned it back on. I left it on and watched some Lost with my sister, and the power went out for no apparent reason. Came back on like, two mins later. Thats when the damage had been done. :(
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

*sigh* :( My company got downsized so guess who's out of a job.

The job hunting begins today. :P

But its alright, maybe I can find something closer that I can walk to. Though I hope I dont have to work weekends. I liked working 9-5.

This also means that once I find a job I may not be on as much. Because when Im usually on, it meant that I was bored at work. I dont know if the new jobs will even have a computer. *shrugs* Oh well. At least I get a couple days off to sleep in late...even if my mate is making me do laundry. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I'm starting a Howl Chorus group here in Eugene. Got the word out via the Burning Man community, Freecycle and Craig's List. I'll have a flyer up at Saturday Market and at my booth. We're starting this Saturday and serenading the Full Moon. We'll be gathering at Alton Baker Park, by the upper pond and cairns.

This is gonna be fun! Hopefully it takes off.
ImageImageImageImage
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

You won't believe it...and I'm having trouble myself.

Post by RedEye »

I finished book one of my "Wulfen" series (272 pages) and am going into re-write and "Glossing", or polishing it up for submission. When it's done with fleshing out ( scenery and reference checking, as well as making some of the dialogue flow more easily) it'll be probably just over 300 pages.
I'm already working on book two, as well.
Wish me well: Blood and Chocolate, this ain't. :howl:  :oo
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

good luck and best wishes.... :D

by any chance with these be in any local book stores... :?
RedEye

In Stores?

Post by RedEye »

I have two potential buyers...but it'll be close to a year before it hits the stores; as in they're interested, but they want the finished M.S. before they decide to go for it. And I'm doing the finish right now.
The actual printing will not take that long; what takes time is satisfying the editor.
Well, it beats selling encyclopedias... :lol:
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Great news!

The results of yesterday's CT scan came back. It's six months out and I am STILL...cancer-free :)

On second thought, make that :howl:  :oo :cafinated:

I'm celebrating with clam-crab chowder with sherry and lemon pepper for dinner tonight!
ImageImageImageImage
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

hell yes thats good news......congrats.. :D
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

vrikasatma wrote:Great news!

The results of yesterday's CT scan came back. It's six months out and I am STILL...cancer-free :)

I'm celebrating with clam-crab chowder with sherry and lemon pepper for dinner tonight!
That's great to know. Hope the food will be good/was good. :D
Eat more tobasco.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Cancer free is the way to be, I only wish it were true for everyone :( *Whimpers a bit* I think everyone has felt the evil of that diease, if not directly, but through friends and relatives :(
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

That is great news!! Im glad your in no damnger of any disease at the moment. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Now, that's just plain wonderful! Really worth a :howl:  :oo of joy!
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Re: You won't believe it...and I'm having trouble myself.

Post by Rhuen »

RedEye wrote:I finished book one of my "Wulfen" series (272 pages) and am going into re-write and "Glossing", or polishing it up for submission. When it's done with fleshing out ( scenery and reference checking, as well as making some of the dialogue flow more easily) it'll be probably just over 300 pages.
''

definetly beats my novel in length, but I have never focused on length. I write a story until its done writing its self. Although numerous sequals are in the works so I guess the story isn't done just that part.
but damn come to think of it 135 pages may not grab Tor's attention well enough. But I'd hate to combine my first novel with any of the sequals as that would take away from the focus of the first one.
(Most my stuff tends to be very short stories as an alternative) and the second and third instalments of the series are really collections of short stories in chronological order regarding the same or related characters.

I submitted my novel before joining here so I didn't announce it here for that reason of course. But I'll know by either January or March if they want to use it.

good luck to you on your's, It is nerve racking thinking about someone judging your stuff. for me its more so on this as I had previosuly tried to get a short story published by Science Fiction and Fantasy Magazine, which was turned down.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Congradulations, vrikasatma, on your sustained victory! You have joined the ranks of the cancer survivors! My wife's mother is with you, and the number of others is growing.

But, there is still plenty of work to be done. Too many people are having to make the fight. The best battle is one that must never be fought.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Thanks for the votes of confidence, all :)

Yes, the soup was wonderful. I still have shingles though, which means my immune system is still down. You bet I'm getting flu and pneumonia vaccinations when they come available at Costco!

But, today I felt okay enough to do another driftwood run to the coast, came home with the car stuffed with a bazillion sticks...and we had to pass up more. Looks like another run in a month or so, weather gods permitting...I think I'll just be ready to hop in the car as soon as we get a half-day of no rain/wind/snow.
ImageImageImageImage
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Re: You won't believe it...and I'm having trouble myself.

Post by MoonKit »

Rhuen wrote:
RedEye wrote:I finished book one of my "Wulfen" series (272 pages) and am going into re-write and "Glossing", or polishing it up for submission. When it's done with fleshing out ( scenery and reference checking, as well as making some of the dialogue flow more easily) it'll be probably just over 300 pages.
''

definetly beats my novel in length, but I have never focused on length. I write a story until its done writing its self. Although numerous sequals are in the works so I guess the story isn't done just that part.
but damn come to think of it 135 pages may not grab Tor's attention well enough. But I'd hate to combine my first novel with any of the sequals as that would take away from the focus of the first one.
(Most my stuff tends to be very short stories as an alternative) and the second and third instalments of the series are really collections of short stories in chronological order regarding the same or related characters.

I submitted my novel before joining here so I didn't announce it here for that reason of course. But I'll know by either January or March if they want to use it.

good luck to you on your's, It is nerve racking thinking about someone judging your stuff. for me its more so on this as I had previosuly tried to get a short story published by Science Fiction and Fantasy Magazine, which was turned down.
Bunch of writers on this site, huh?

I have to say me too. Im only about halfway done with mine though. I have most of the story planned out and written down but I have to go back and add little scences and make the characters more lifelike and make sure it reads smoothly. Because theres a lot of jumping around in the book. Every other charpter is like a memory from the past. I wrote it like that because I had so much damn backstory and I didnt wnat to cut any of it! But its fun. I would like to publish it someday but I have a ton of more work before I can consider that.

Good luck to the both of you! Who knows...maybe I'll be in the bookstore while from now and pick up your book without even knowing. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Just in case anyone is wondering, I'll be away from Fri anfternoon through Sun. Going camping :) Last year I got really sick up there after spending half the night as a werewolf on the haunted trail I volunteered for. :P (Camp Lycanthrope heh)
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Silverclaw wrote:Just in case anyone is wondering, I'll be away from Fri anfternoon through Sun. Going camping :) Last year I got really sick up there after spending half the night as a werewolf on the haunted trail I volunteered for. :P (Camp Lycanthrope heh)
HAHA!! Sweet :lol: Have fun :howl:  :oo Your a dork j/k :lol: The real Camp Lycanthrope :Jester3:
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Your a dork j/k
I cant help who I am :wink:

And I made some little kids cry, which I enjoyed very much :eviljester2: :evillaugh:
:wink:
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

Just got a rejection letter from Tor. real generic one, not right for us at this time ect...
Well that crosses Sci-fi & Fantasy Magazine and Tor fantasy off my list for publishing my works.

I need a publisher interested in sci-fi fantasy with horror elements.
:? as in horror esque type creatures used for a sci-fi fantasy series.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Rhuen wrote:Just got a rejection letter from Tor. real generic one, not right for us at this time ect...
Well that crosses Sci-fi & Fantasy Magazine and Tor fantasy off my list for publishing my works.

I need a publisher interested in sci-fi fantasy with horror elements.
:? as in horror esque type creatures used for a sci-fi fantasy series.
Try Ballantine, DAW, TOR, or Baen. And do what I did: get yourself an Agent. Some publishers don't accept direct submissions. And: get your story Copyrighted: It costs $45.00 and can save you thousands if someone steals your work (been there, done that, have the bills to prove it!).
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Bloody computer is down again! We have a nice juicy virus that wont even let our computer start up :| Just lovely :( What loser just sits around there computer making virus's all day? :x Love to find those people :evil:
*sigh* so I wont be on as much for who knows how long. Its the libarys internet for awhile for us :(