How is everyone handling the heat thus far?

The place for anything at all...
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

Raina The Werewolf Queen wrote:GLOBAL WARMING

hmm.. maybe the kyoto protocal should be revisited.
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Shadow Wulf wrote:The end is coming, the end is coming!!!
Tell the four horsemen to hurry up. I'm sick of waiting. :P
Protoba
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: He Likes You

Post by Protoba »

We've gotten flooded here.

Here! A Damn Desert community!

So humid.........so damn humid!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!! :splodey:

Man...the store I work at (EB Games) got flooded 4 times already.

Lost 11 Xbox 360's ($4,500 estimated damages)

Found some frogs lately.
Curious lil' things....here.....in the desert.
Retire to a bed close by.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Been there my friend, my house got flooded (almost) at Arizona once. But Im courouse, How could it be humid in texas?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

It was 92 here yesterday. About four o'clock it got intolerable and I dove into my burrow for the shade and air conditioning. (If you're complaining about the environmental impact, I use long-life and CFL bulbs and if I'm not in a room, nothing's on).

I've been watching the weather in Gerlach/Black Rock Desert fairly assiduously for the past week, trying to get a sense of what the weather's going to be like out there for the Burn and packing accordingly. They just got smacked with a frackin' supercell yesterday! Thunder 'n lightning, heavy rain, high winds and hail even!! The bad news is, BRC DPW are out there surveying and laying the grid and building First Camp and the Man; the good news is, those goblins are tough enough to handle whatever the Playa Gods throw at 'em, chew it up and spit it back in Their faces! :evil:
ImageImageImageImage
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Did you all know that almost 30 years ago most of texas never use to go over 100.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Did you all know that almost 30 years ago most of texas never use to go over 100.
I heard about that..That's just sad..I hope it not hot fer next Akon..I want to wear a fursuit :(

What makes me sick is the animals that are left outside during this heat..I just can't understand the point of letting one suffer like that :(
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

In the house im gonna move to , theres this Taiwan lady who has 3 beautiful huskies. One of them is absolutely huge! :o
Image Image
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

When I was growing up, everything stopped if it hit 80. Everyone dove for cover and swore about how hot it was. Most of the time it hung around the mid-sixties. This was in Santa Cruz, CA, and they're lucky if it dips *below* 65 there now.

Good for beach-goers, I guess.
ImageImageImageImage
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Ah the weather is actually giving us a break as is the gas..well the gas confuses me..When we went out and passed a gas station it was 3.09 and when we came back through it was 2.87 :? How strange an then the next morning it was 3.19 :o
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

We got fixed rates on gas now, they had to rais prices so that gas stations could actuallymake a profit.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Fang wrote:We got fixed rates on gas now, they had to rais prices so that gas stations could actuallymake a profit.
Ahhh! Are you serious?! That's insane!! There is plenty of gas out there!! Everyone is just being greedy now!!

I mean a few years ago the gas was 99 cents!! This world is one big mess!!
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Teh_DarkJokerWolfeh wrote:
Fang wrote:We got fixed rates on gas now, they had to rais prices so that gas stations could actuallymake a profit.
Ahhh! Are you serious?! That's insane!! There is plenty of gas out there!! Everyone is just being greedy now!!

this is the beginnig of the apocalypse that will destroy human kind as we know it ...................................it will be like that movie the postman :lol:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Teh_DarkJokerWolfeh wrote:

Your absolutely right, there is plenty of gas out there but sense bush has some gas companies as friends and decides to let them raise the prices.
Image Image
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

So much fer the people who aren't rich and have to pay er these high prices..I me we need a van here!! My sister has those lil babies and needs me to go out with her and her husband sometime so I can watch them and the van has six seats two in each row..

Vans eat gas like crazy as would any larger vehicle..People have to work several jobs to sapport their family, because one just isn't enough anymore :(
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Okay. I'm getting sick now.

Hell hasn't frozen over, but they're all stumbling out of the gates, past Kerberos, gasping and panting. Maybe we should send 'em to Oslo...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060807/sc_ ... warming_dc
ImageImageImageImage