How's the weather in your area? How about gas prices?

The place for anything at all...
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

nachoboy wrote:yeah, i know what you mean, templar. like, lotsa people i know from cali will be like, "man, it's like 40-50 degrees down here. it's so cold, i can barely stand it. and the wind is so dry!" and i'm like, "Yeah, 40-50 degrees is SO cold. i mean, i can't imagine what it would be like to have to deal with -10 degree weather up in idaho... oh wait. that's where i live. nevermind."
Hey hey hey
You guys have to understand that we are used to a different climate and temperature than you. Besides....I never said I couldn't stand it. I acually like the cool wind. I just hate the dryness. Ugg
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

i know, bw. i was jus kiddin. i mean, it's alot cold here where i live, and i think it's funny when people complain bout warm weather.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Yeah, i guess :D
But seriously, you got to have a lot of fur to stand that cold. I know I couldn't do it if my life depend on it.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

well, yeah, i guess a lot of fur does help.

but yeah, it's lame. the gas prices here are really high. like close to three bucks if i remember correctly.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I haven't seen the prices lately, but I'm sure they are about the same: close to three dollars.
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

Chilly and windy :sneeze:

And the fuels around 82p a litre which equals $4.64 a gallon or near enough :jawdrop:
*When you're down... howl*
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

o.k. last week it was like in the 70's almost and now its in the 40's or lower ... holy crap its freezing out side... wish i had my fur to keep me warm :D :howl:  :oo
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

i totally know what you mean, white paw. 100 percent understand what you're saying. it's like as cold as like, i dunno, prolly -4 here, or maybe it's closer to 0, but i dunno, but it's cold.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

nachoboy wrote:i totally know what you mean, white paw. 100 percent understand what you're saying. it's like as cold as like, i dunno, prolly -4 here, or maybe it's closer to 0, but i dunno, but it's cold.
-4 :o damn and i thought i was freezing :lol: :D
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Chilly, last night it was below freezing (though not by much). Today it's foggy, but the sun's shining. For what it's worth. I'm getting ready for a horse show this weekend so I've been getting a workout every day. I'm not noticing the cold because I'm pumped up.

Running low on gas again so I'm probably over to Sequential tonight and throw another $20 at them. Biodiesel's down to around $2.80/gallon but I'm noticing something with the E10: I'm getting about 24 miles per gallon, up 7 mpg from straight petrol. I can only imagine what I'd get if I ran E85, but the EPA hasn't okayed any conversion technology yet. In the upshot, though, I'm paying roughly the same for E10 and getting better mileage, so it's more economical.

Nachoboy, you guys need to develop more biofuels over there! You got three biofuel stations for the whole bloody state, ferevvinsake!
ImageImageImageImage
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Me again...it's literally freezing out. My lotus pond has a crust of ice on it! Frost everywhere and the leaves crunch underfoot. We were supposed to get snow but the storm veered south and my friends in San Jose are gonna get it!

I'm debating whether to drive down to Mom's on I-5...and risk a Siskyou Summit crossing in savage snow and wind conditions...or drive the coast and risk high surf. :shudder:
ImageImageImageImage
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

well....here it is in the middle of December...and im wearing shorts and ....its like freaking 60 outside......im enjoying this weather.... :D :howl:  :oo
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

you lucky duck you! man!

actually, i'm glad. this year we've been having a moderate, rainy winter instead of a freeze-my-tail-off, snowy winter. it's a lot better than usual.

i love the rain! lol!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

WE GOTS SNOW!!! :o :howl:  :oo

The weatherman said we were only going to get an inch of snow but the sky just opened up and unloaded about 3-6 inches on us. It's good snowman-making snow, too, dry and compacts nicely. The whole city looks like a winter faery wonderland, trees like lace, soft white blanket everywhere. Very little ice so driving is easy. I'm going downtown to a rally in about an hour and it's gonna be so cool, protesting the troop increase out in the snow.

Gotta remember to not grin giddily while I'm doing that, we want to look serious about it...
ImageImageImageImage
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

vrikasatma wrote:WE GOTS SNOW!!! :o :howl:  :oo

The weatherman said we were only going to get an inch of snow but the sky just opened up and unloaded about 3-6 inches on us. It's good snowman-making snow, too, dry and compacts nicely. The whole city looks like a winter faery wonderland, trees like lace, soft white blanket everywhere. Very little ice so driving is easy. I'm going downtown to a rally in about an hour and it's gonna be so cool, protesting the troop increase out in the snow.

Gotta remember to not grin giddily while I'm doing that, we want to look serious about it...
lucky.... its freezing here and no snow .... we never get snow.. :(
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

yeah, i know what you mean, white paw. it's always sooo cold here! and we barely get snow. in the last seven or eight years, we've had 2 snow days. i mean, the good thing about winter is supposed to be that school gets cancelled, but no, the stupid weather has to wait til christmas break to snow 4 feet! we do get snow, but at very innopportune times. and usually during winter, there's no snow anywheres.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Raining tonight and it's like 40's in the morning, 60's midday and 40's-50's at night here
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Snow melted this afternoon when the sun came out, then as soon as the sun went down temps plunged into the 20s and turned Eugene into a bloody hockey rink. Black ice sucketh mightily. :(

Get this, while I was crossing the Willamette River bridge, some idiot WITHOUT CHAINS came blazing up on my tailpipe, slingshotted me and cut in on my lane with barely a car length to spare...on a patch of selfsame black ice. No, unfortunately he didn't go off into the river, but for some reason I don't think I'd want a chance to submit a Darwin Awards nomination from a direct eyewitness account.

Edit: saw the news tonight. We had snow on the beaches out on the coast. I'm not kidding, they showed pictures of people building a snowman on the beach. Shawnna and I were busting up laughing over it! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Curan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wor'Kai

Post by Curan »

We have the warmest January ever measured here in Germany. The temperatures reach up to +16 degrees and it's very stormy. I think you in the USA get all the snow we should get.
Homo lupo lupus est.
Scisne, homo, quod lupum essendum profecto significat?
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I just found out that for the next two nights...it's going to be 34 and 36 degrees. If it rains....we may just get some flurries here in L.A. :D
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

This is so sad...today I've been walking around outside in shorts and a sleaveless shirt because it's too hot for jeans.(I never EVER wear shorts because my legs are so white and scarred)
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

yeah its like 65 degrees here now 8)
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Weather...Gas?

Post by RedEye »

The weather here in the land of the west is as usual, in honor of the Spanish who originally conquered this part of the country: Chili today, Hot tamale. :P

Really, Southern Kalifornia doesn't have a climate, the weather changes too much. Last week was warm. This week is cold. We may-or may not- have rain, or maybe snow...at the thousand foot level, tonight. Tomorrow, there may be a risk of heatstroke.
You folks in other parts of the country that have seasons are lucky, cold or not. YOU can put your hot weather stuff away, and just wear the cold gear. Out here, we have to keep everything available year round.
:panting:

As for Gas prices, as of today they're at $2.65/ gallon. Not as bad as it was, but still expensive.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

man, i wish it was as hot here as where you guys are! yalls lucky! it was -7 this mornin, man!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!