Werewolves and Vampires

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Merrypaws wrote:*sigh* Here we go again. :roll:
Pardon me for being blunt, but I find these kinds of threads extremely immature. I really can not see any reason to hate a fictitious being. If you don't like them, don't read the stories and don't watch the movies, simple as that.

So, vampires are nothing but bloodsucking snobs, eh? Well, maybe. After all, werewolves are nothing but drooling, man-eating brutes, right?
Open mind, people. Open mind.
If you put it that way there's no reason to love/like a fictitous being aka werewolves so why are we here in this forum discussing werewolves, so you just said you shouldn't show emotion toward either liking or hating a fictitous being. :evil:

Check(maybe and mate) your turn to rebuttle
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I like vampires if they have a iknd of demon look to them like Duck till Dawn(have the movie, and its one of THE best vampires movies ever) Its ugly but its soo cool, I also really like when the sex machine had his head ripoff and changed into a giant wererat. :D that was soo cool. But I hate the vampires that stay in human form all the time and act like thier having soo much pleasure in drinking or even watching blood. just look at their faces when they see blood, its like their in heat, I hate that. :x
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

(Un)til all are one!

Post by Scott Gardener »

"Duck Till Dawn"? Was that title written by one of us Pack members, or did you mean something like "Dusk Till Dawn"?

Also, picking nits, not at you, but at the movie industry. Is "til" or "till" a word? It's a corruption of "until."
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Fenrir wrote:
Pardon me for being blunt, but I find these kinds of threads extremely immature. I really can not see any reason to hate a fictitious being. If you don't like them, don't read the stories and don't watch the movies, simple as that.

So, vampires are nothing but bloodsucking snobs, eh? Well, maybe. After all, werewolves are nothing but drooling, man-eating brutes, right?
If you put it that way there's no reason to love/like a fictitous being aka werewolves so why are we here in this forum discussing werewolves, so you just said you shouldn't show emotion toward either liking or hating a fictitous being. :evil:

There are different ways to hate. It's one thing to flip channels, come accross a vampire flick and promptly change channel, and completely other to start screaming insults at the screen. Maybe I should have phrased that "any reason to hate a fictitious being so actively."
For all I care, everyone except me on this board could hate vampires, and it wouldn't phase me unless they felt the need to come screaming it into my face for no obvious reason.

And as for loving, well, call me romantic fool, but in my mind, there's always a reason to love. I'm dead serious.
Hate is a negative emotion, no one wants to feel it, right? Of course right. But when you see of something you really like, you instantly feel better than the minute before. So, go ahead and love silly thing like werewolves. It hurts no one AND it makes you feel better. And that's rare in this world we're living in.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: (Un)til all are one!

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:"Duck Till Dawn"? Was that title written by one of us Pack members, or did you mean something like "Dusk Till Dawn"?

:lol:

Shadow Wulf has been hit by to many duckies.

You can blame me for that. :jester:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Merrypaws wrote:
Wolfhanyou wrote:Mmm.... Same here. Werewolves are defiantly better in my opinion. I don't like vampires, though at times I do find their movies quite amusing to watch. Now, I don't agree with all the madness and hate against the vampires all that much.

Werewolves are often seen as bloodthirsty, man-killing, evil brutes, correct? The hounds of hell, correct? At least, that's how most people see them, aye? But we don't agree with that, because we're fans and such... But that's not to say that that's why some people are fans of the werewolf.

Now, samething with the vampires. Some people like them because they are evil and the so called embodiment of darkness. Others like them for the characteristics and powers they've developed over the years. What with their aristocracy, charm, and the fact they've gone from nostferatu(sp?) to drop dead gorgous models.

We think werewolves have a soft side and the ability to love even in their wolfen forms. So do the fans of the vampires. We think that werewolves don't deserve all the bad rep they've gotten through legends and movies. So do they. Dispite all the hatred I've seen between the two fan bases, we have a lot in common, I think.

I'm not saying, "LET'S ALL LOVE THE VAMPIRES!!" No. As I said above, I don't particularly mind for them myself. But this close mindedness on the subject of vampires was beginning to irk me a little. And no I'm not defending the fans of the vampires. I'm just trying to point out how they view the CHARACTER that is the vampire.
Dude, can I hug you? Please? I'm hoping the skill to put thoughts into words will rub off. :love:

And just for the record, I do prefer werewolves, but I like vampires too.
Wolfhanyou makes a very good point. Just as we (as werewolf fans) are really fans of what the werewolf legends have become versus what they began as, so have the Vampire fans embraced the entity of the "dynamic" (as in...they can be more than just "pure evil") vampire legend, in which the creatures which they so adore is far more, and far different than the old legends they were inspired by.

...however, I must admit that, when I'm in a really bad mood and choose to daydream about beating the living (or "undead") @#$%@ out of somehing, that "something" is usually Vampires. They are my Favorite Nemisis...which makes it difficult for me to understand Liking them.

(On a side note...though I don't think you intended it that way, and hold no ill feelings toward you, MerryPaws, about it...for some reason, I got a serious, "Me and Wolfhanyou are the only ones who 'get it' and the rest of you are all just stupid 'H8erz'..." Vibe from your response.

Even though I may just be reading things between the lines that were never there to begin with, I still feel sligtly insulted, regardless. ...I do believe that I allready said that I hold no prejudice against Vampire fans.)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:

...however, I must admit that, when I'm in a really bad mood and choose to daydream about beating the living (or "undead") @#$%@ out of somehing, that "something" is usually Vampires. They are my Favorite Nemisis...which makes it difficult for me to understand Liking them.
I'm like Vuldari. Vampires are my favorite Nemisis. I love to hate them.

Vuldari wrote:Even though I may just be reading things between the lines that were never there to begin with, I still feel sligtly insulted, regardless. ...I do believe that I allready said that I hold no prejudice against Vampire fans.)

Even though I hate vampires, I don't hate vampire fans. I have a few friends that love vampires to death. We sometimes joke around with each others favorite creature.
IblisPendragon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ekte norsk varulv

Re: Shape-shifters vs. the Living Dead!

Post by IblisPendragon »

Scott Gardener wrote:The confusion of the two goes back to Eastern Europe, where the Vlkolak (spelled various other ways) had aspects of both. Bram Stoker didn't help matters when he drew from lycanthropy lore in describing Dracula. (Dracula in the original novel had hair on his palms, a lycanthropic trait, and the convergent eyebrows thingy.) I suspect that the recent rash of werewolves walking on ceilings came from Dracula, where the Count in the original novel and in some movie renditions (including the Francis Ford Coppolla version of the nineties) climbed down the vertical side of his castle on all fours.

Dracula's hairy palms was not meant as a lycanthropic feature. The reason he has hairy palms is because he is a sexual being. Back when Bram Stoker wrote the book, and in the time the story takes place, hairy palms was a sign of filthy deeds. It was believed that if you masturbated you got hairy palms. As vampirism in this book can bee seen as supressed sexuality it's no wonder Bram gave Draccie hairy palms..

and the Coppola movie is terrible!
.? That is the problem with you mortals, you die too easily. You hardly fight back. A couple of pitiful screams and a little squirming and you are done. I can hardly call it satisfactory."

What's the point? They got their Keanu Reeves now...
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Vuldari wrote:(On a side note...though I don't think you intended it that way, and hold no ill feelings toward you, MerryPaws, about it...for some reason, I got a serious, "Me and Wolfhanyou are the only ones who 'get it' and the rest of you are all just stupid 'H8erz'..." Vibe from your response.

Even though I may just be reading things between the lines that were never there to begin with, I still feel sligtly insulted, regardless. ...I do believe that I allready said that I hold no prejudice against Vampire fans.)
My apologies. I didn't mean it, but I guess I got a bit... bitchy there. I'm just kinda tired of the whole werewolf vs. vampire debate. People have been through all this before, and it has never changed anything. There are those who like werewolves, those who like vampires, and those who like both, and that's how it will be, period.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Scott Gardener wrote:"Duck Till Dawn"? Was that title written by one of us Pack members, or did you mean something like "Dusk Till Dawn"?

Also, picking nits, not at you, but at the movie industry. Is "til" or "till" a word? It's a corruption of "until."
oh no, thanks to figarou I got duck stuck in my head(theres a duck poster right in front of me in my 1st period class) :lol: But I dont know they can make till a word, they made aint a word now, so basically if any made up word is used enough in todays society it will be a word eventually.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Merrypaws wrote:
Fenrir wrote:

There are different ways to hate. It's one thing to flip channels, come accross a vampire flick and promptly change channel, and completely other to start screaming insults at the screen. Maybe I should have phrased that "any reason to hate a fictitious being so actively."
For all I care, everyone except me on this board could hate vampires, and it wouldn't phase me unless they felt the need to come screaming it into my face for no obvious reason.

And as for loving, well, call me romantic fool, but in my mind, there's always a reason to love. I'm dead serious.
Hate is a negative emotion, no one wants to feel it, right? Of course right. But when you see of something you really like, you instantly feel better than the minute before. So, go ahead and love silly thing like werewolves. It hurts no one AND it makes you feel better. And that's rare in this world we're living in.
If this is how you feel then why did you need come out and say if you hate vampires actively your basically stupid for hating something that's not real. Why didn't you just not say anything, its like saying to someone who doesn't were your kind of clothing "My god how can you were that crap?!" its just better to not say anything at all.

Sorry if I sound mean I don't meen to :(
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Fenrir wrote:If this is how you feel then why did you need come out and say if you hate vampires actively your basically stupid for hating something that's not real. Why didn't you just not say anything, its like saying to someone who doesn't were your kind of clothing "My god how can you were that crap?!" its just better to not say anything at all.

Sorry if I sound mean I don't meen to :(
Please see my previous post. I'm just... so very tired.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

how did I miss that :) :(
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Vampires don't have anything to do with 'the devil', and werewolves do. At least, thats what I've read (please don't hurt me if I'm wrong :( ).
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

are mythical creatures who try to avoid their own deaths and demise by literally sucking out the blood of their victims. The fear of vampires has been around for a very long time. Indeed there are a number of countries such as: Bulgaria, Russia, the Orient, Babylon and Greece that have been cited as being the origins of the vampire lore. Although there is much anecdotal evidence for the existence of vampires, as yet there appears to be no physical evidence of their being.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Scott Gardener wrote:Also, picking nits, not at you, but at the movie industry. Is "til" or "till" a word? It's a corruption of "until."
Till is an older word than until, and a perfectly valid word in its own right. 'Til is the corruption.
Since it looks like an abbreviation for “until,” some people argue that this word should always be spelled “’til” (though not all insist on the apostrophe). However, “till” has regularly occurred as a spelling of this word for over 800 years and it’s actually older than “until.” It is perfectly good English.
http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/errors/ ... .html#till

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:

oh no, thanks to figarou I got duck stuck in my head(theres a duck poster right in front of me in my 1st period class) :lol: But I dont know they can make till a word, they made aint a word now, so basically if any made up word is used enough in todays society it will be a word eventually.
MWUA HA HA HA!! Mission accomplished!! :ducktoss3:
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Merrypaws wrote:
Vuldari wrote:(On a side note...though I don't think you intended it that way, and hold no ill feelings toward you, MerryPaws, about it...for some reason, I got a serious, "Me and Wolfhanyou are the only ones who 'get it' and the rest of you are all just stupid 'H8erz'..." Vibe from your response.

My apologies. I didn't mean it, but I guess I got a bit... bitchy there. I'm just kinda tired of the whole werewolf vs. vampire debate. People have been through all this before, and it has never changed anything. There are those who like werewolves, those who like vampires, and those who like both, and that's how it will be, period.
I apologize as well, if my post did anything to insult the other members. I don't respond quite well in social situations, either online or off, so I end up upsetting some people even if I didn't mean it.
Boo
Grim
Custom Title: Demon Dust.

Post by Grim »

Ok, I know enough about my mythology to tell the differences between Vampires and Lycanthropes.

Firstly.

Vampires can change, and attack at will.
Though some people debate on the fact.
Lycanthropes change at a full moon.
This implying, they do not control their change.

Secondly.

Totally different famillies.
Sure, they contain the same potency when it comes to "attacking and turning people".
But werewolves do it from bloodlust, while vampires do it to survive.

Thirdly.

Werewolves change form completely, not just the mouth/facial area.
Changing their WHOLE body, not just a small part of it.

Fourthly,

Vampires have much more fatal weaknesses.
Be it sunlight, silver, garlic, holy things, etc.
While werewolves are just killed in the conventional way.

And Fifthly....

Quite a big difference here....

Werewolves are usually portrayed as big, hairy, strong, and well... Wolf-like.
While Vampires are a human-shape, usually pale, reasonably weak-looking, and have bloody massive fangs.
But those are just the stereotypical differences.
Only When I Wake Up, Does The True Nightmare Begin.
LoboLEO
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luna's pet

Post by LoboLEO »

Last edited by LoboLEO on Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
My werewolf-girl comic Online:
http://www.alphaluna.net/

My werewolf Art.
http://www.loboleo.com
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Nothing against vampire fans, but again, you really do need to clarify between a vampire lover and a true authentic vampire. There are countless variations of the vampire legend, but they all have one thing in common: the need for blood. This is what makes them difficult to love.

It is possible for a vampire to be good: we've seen this in early literature like "Varney the Vampire" and modern representations like "Underworld," "Blade" and "Reign in Darkness." The problem, however, is that while they do indeed have a desire to do good, they are still cursed to either do evil or die. I hate to quote a bad movie, but as was said in "Blade: Trinity," the thirst always wins.

And for every good vampire in literature or cinema, there are many others that learn to cope with the parasitic lifestyle. Most vampire protagonists have vampire antagonists.

The fairest way of putting it would be that vampires are not evil, but vampirism is.

Lycanthropy, on the other hand, is difficult to control, but won't kill the recipient if s/he attempts to. As always, there are some that enjoy all that rip-n-tear evil-ness, but for the most part, werewolves are free to govern their alignment accordingly. Some might argue that a werewolf is cursed with a natural instinct to kill (BTW: wolves have no natural instincts), but even in that most classic and overused definition, a werewolf still has a better chance of isolating himself once every full moon than a vampire does of fighting the thirst.

So it's the nature of the two syndromes that makes vampires so much more despicable, because if a vampire has only two options: be a parasite or starve, the presumption is that, with very few exceptions, any vampire that's lived long enough to have a book or movie about him has chosen the former.

And yeah, I like vampires the same way most of us do. They make great antagonists.