What power should a werewolf have in its possession?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:well the whole, "geesh", and the "good greif!!" made me think you were mad at me :(
Didn't really seem like that to me. Usually when people start to get angry they start TYPING IN CAPS AND USING OTHER COLORS :D
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

:? really, i barely see that when people gets mad.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote::? really, i barely see that when people gets mad.
I see it all the time.
Now back to the topic:

Does "scaring the crap out of people" count as a power? Because werewolves should have that.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

again...just so you know...if I get mad...you'll see this. ----> :x

Emoticons are usefull tools in a forum. :badminton2:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:
I see it all the time.
Now back to the topic:

Does "scaring the crap out of people" count as a power? Because werewolves should have that.
anything that people arnt familiar to are considered scary to them, so no that is not a power.

edit: like spiders, i bet one of you guys would freaked out if a big hairy turantula craws on your arm.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:anything that people arnt familiar to are considered scary to them, so no that is not a power.
They should still be able to do that, though.
edit: like spiders, i bet one of you guys would freaked out if a big hairy turantula craws on your arm.
Not me.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Shadow Wulf wrote:edit: like spiders, i bet one of you guys would freaked out if a big hairy turantula craws on your arm.
Let's just say it would only be a big hairy tarantula until I got my hands on a shovel...

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
I see it all the time.
Now back to the topic:

ummmm...you don't need a power for that. Don't be silly. :wink:

If a werewolf popped out from behind a tree, you'll jump out of your shoes. If a regular human did that, you'll still jump out of your shoes.

The element of suprise is what got you. Not a power the werewolf inflicted on you.

Fear is something thats built in to every living being. The fear factor is higher in some animals compared to others.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Vilkacis wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:edit: like spiders, i bet one of you guys would freaked out if a big hairy turantula craws on your arm.
Let's just say it would only be a big hairy tarantula until I got my hands on a shovel...

-- Vilkacis
or a command and CONQUER case, splat, you are victorous
by the way, what C&C game you have?
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Vilkacis wrote:Let's just say it would only be a big hairy tarantula until I got my hands on a shovel...
All I'd need is a wall. Or a counter, for ease of cleanup.
Faolan Ruadh
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Snarkus Mirificus

Post by Faolan Ruadh »

I'll add my opinion to the pile: I think that for the purposes of a story-centered, modern-earth movie, werewolves should come with heightened, animal-like senses and the extra strength and speed you'd expect from a large predator. I also think that a certain amount of accelerated healing would be reasonable, as it's become common to the mythos over the years. I agree, though, that regenerating entire body parts, pushing bullets out of the body (especially if the movie makers goof and have them extruding whole, unspent cartridges, as sometimes is the case), or having wounds close as you watch degrades my ability to suspend belief.
"Live like you'll die tomorrow.
Fight like there is no death."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

to me, the whole pushing bullet out of the body is one of the most fictional thing to do with a werewolf, growing parts should be a nessesity sense they do have regenaration, and if they cant even do that, then they wont even have regenaration, they will just have a really good immune system thats better than an average person and thats it.
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:and if they cant even do that, then they wont even have regenaration, they will just have a really good immune system thats better than an average person and thats it.
We've been over this: Having regeneration doesn't mean you can regrow limbs. It just means you can regrow things that are lost. You can regenerate lost tissue; you do it every time you get a cut. But I bet you can't regrow an arm or leg.

Edit: Post 2^10!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

oook, i give up, why is it always pointless argueing when ever i do it :( . oh well.
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:oook, i give up, why is it always pointless argueing when ever i do it :( . oh well.

Good.

besides, its silly. The next thing you'll say is that a werewolf can regrow the head.

:roll:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

they cant, cause the brain wont be able to tell the body to regrow it. :D
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

:o Isn't the super strenth and the fact that it can become a wolf and gestalt wolf enough for you people next you'll want it to have beams coming out of its eyes and control the weather. There i got it out i feel better :(

Sorry if you guys were offended :(
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Fenrir wrote::o Isn't the super strenth and the fact that it can become a wolf and gestalt wolf enough for you people next you'll want it to have beams coming out of its eyes and control the weather.
No! They have to be able to fly and shoot beams from their hands like in DBZ :P
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

AAARRRGGG

:duckbomb2: <-----Lupin
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fenrir wrote::o Isn't the super strenth and the fact that it can become a wolf and gestalt wolf enough for you people next you'll want it to have beams coming out of its eyes and control the weather. There i got it out i feel better :(

Sorry if you guys were offended :(
nope cause the fact that super strength aint going to do crap cause the humans are gonna have weapons, and can pick him off when hes not aware, so i want the werewolf to have really good regeneration.
oh and luuuuupin. :evil:

regeneration
The natural renewal of a structure, as of a lost tissue or part.

Origin: L. Generare = to produce, bring to life

parts as in body parts, like arms and legs. :evil:
whos got the last laugh now Mr. Lupin MUAHAHAHAHA
:) but anyway. thats why i want really good regeneration, cause strength alone is not good enough
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:oh and luuuuupin. :evil:

regeneration
The natural renewal of a structure, as of a lost tissue or part.

Origin: L. Generare = to produce, bring to life

parts as in body parts, like arms and legs. :evil:
whos got the last laugh now Mr. Lupin MUAHAHAHAHA
I do. :P
Let's look at that again, shall we?
Shadow Wulf wrote:The natural renewal of a structure, as of a lost tissue or part.

That 'or' doesn't mean they have to be able to regenerate parts.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

but then im right aswell saying that regenarate means to grow body parts, cause you say it doesnt mean that. then if im right and wrong at the same time. and you saying that it doesnt mean the word doesnt mean to grow boy parts then well im mostly right. cause i never disagree about growing lost tissue SO HA!!
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

No, I'm saying that just because you can regenerate, doesn't mean you'll get your arm back if you put it in a wood chipper.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:but then im right aswell saying that regenarate means to grow body parts, cause you say it doesnt mean that. then if im right and wrong at the same time. and you saying that it doesnt mean the word doesnt mean to grow boy parts then well im mostly right. cause i never disagree about growing lost tissue SO HA!!
Dude...give it a rest. :roll:

If you write a book, or tell a story, you can make your werewolves grow body parts. The werewolves in Freeborn won't be doing that.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:No, I'm saying that just because you can regenerate, doesn't mean you'll get your arm back if you put it in a wood chipper.
well ok. but you did say regenaration doesnt mean to grow a limb, look at your post above.
Image Image