Total votes: 43

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Re: how deep is your obsession

Post by Morkulv »

wolf marine wrote:i have a deep obession with werewolves. i howl when nobody is looking i walk on my tippy toes. i feel primal in cemitarys, i stare at the moon for hours. i don't shave and i'm known to show my teeth and some times growl when i'm pissed. and i feel home in the woods.
Hmm, sometimes I do that as a joke or something. When I left the bar at midnight a couple of weeks ago with some friends, we noticed that it was full moon, and we all started howling and stuff like that, but nothing serious. Also, people already think I'm crazy in this town, so there not gonna be much suprised when they see me howling. :lol:
wolf marine wrote: also when i'm bored i try to transform.
Any luck with that? :P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

all i gotten was a hernia, ouch. i thought i sprouted a tail once, but it turns out i tried a little too hard if you know what i mean :wink:
THE GAME

My Armory
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

wolf marine wrote:
all i gotten was a hernia, ouch. i thought i sprouted a tail once, but it turns out i tried a little too hard if you know what i mean :wink:
Well, you should have toilet paper handy next time.

Heh, couldnt resist. :jester2:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Figarou wrote:
wolf marine wrote:
Well, you should have toilet paper handy next time.

Heh, couldnt resist. :jester2:
:oops: yeah i guess i should :lol:
THE GAME

My Armory
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

What happens in the astral plane stays in the astral plane

Post by Scott Gardener »

I discovered the craniosacral rhythm almost a decade before attending osteopathic medical school. (It's a rhythmic pulsing sensation in the head, that cycles about once every four or five seconds. Osteopathic doctors are taught to feel for it.) I found it while in high school, attending a very dull meeting. I was trying astral projection, with the hopes of sneaking out of the stupid thing.

While attempting astral projection, I have also discovered the muscles that move my ears, which I now routinely twitch out of habit, thanks in part to my therianthropy.

I finally achieved astral projection years later, in October 2002. (If you believe in that sort of thing. If not, I'm just another looney, and you can disregard this.) It happened after coming back from Las Vegas, after spending ten days living in the Luxor, an enormous pyramid. (To some New Agers and other metaphysicists, pyramids are supposed to have special magical properties. I'll vouch for them in this case, as the Luxor hotel was quite a vortex. But, I was smart enough not to expect it to boost gambling odds.)

I wasn't out long--only a few seconds, and it only happened three times. During the longest one, when I was out long enough to think about how nice it was to be out-of-body, I noticed that my astral form was a wolf. (The other two times it felt sort-of human and sort-of intangible bodiless stuff.)

Haven't been able to reproduce the experience since, but I'm working on it.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

whoa nice you gotta tell me how you did that!!!! mabey i can't be a werewolf in flesh and blood but mabey i can be one in asto projection form.
THE GAME

My Armory
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

whoa wierd i just tried it and it feels like i was starting to ease out of my body its like i'm about to fall so i stop, it scared the crap out of me. it felt very weird. dose it feel like that when you do it?
THE GAME

My Armory
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I never had projection happen just like that on the fly. I'm the one who should be asking you. Congrats, if that's what it was.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:I never had projection happen just like that on the fly. I'm the one who should be asking you. Congrats, if that's what it was.
Pay no attention. He just farted.

:jester2:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Scott Gardener wrote:I never had projection happen just like that on the fly. I'm the one who should be asking you. Congrats, if that's what it was.
well i didn't do it but felt i was getting close.
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

before I draw a werewolf, as im going drawing it I try to act how I want it to look like, you know like post, snarl stuff like that
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

huh, i don't get what are you saying
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

wolf marine wrote:huh, i don't get what are you saying
I sometimes move my body around and acting like a werewolf to picture how it would be before I draw it
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
I sometimes move my body around and acting like a werewolf to picture how it would be before I draw it
so its a picture of you acting like a werewolf, right?
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

wolf marine wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:
so its a picture of you acting like a werewolf, right?
Technicly,yes. but i dont do it half the time.
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:before I draw a werewolf, as im going drawing it I try to act how I want it to look like, you know like post, snarl stuff like that
A lot of people do that. I do it myself. I'll also take a picture of myself posing for reference later.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

i want to do that so it would help me with my art work but i lost my camera so i can't do it :(
Last edited by Anubis on Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

I actually have been irking to do that... now just to find a camera... you know we may not be able to shift our bodies but what if we can astral project and run about I wouldn't suggest doing it for a long time however seing as how staying out of your body always leads to diaster in the movies.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by celtwolf »

personally, my obsession is bourn from a sort of connection in personality and outlook.
no, i'm NOT a P-shifter, as i do not believe i actually change into a wolf physically, or even all that much mentally either.
when i get mad i change. not physically, but i go to a more primal state of mind and all i can think is to return with intrest whatever malevolance got me into such a rage, though without the sophistication of the words i just said. and that is TOTALY different from my normal views and personality, which is totally avoidant of any violence and malevolent intent. that's why i take werewolves to heart, peaceful and kind as people, but once triggered, go into a primal state that they may later regret going into.
i also follow the animistic belief system, that all things and beings have a spirit/soul, which i also believe werewolves would believe, seeing as they would probably believe they have a soul in all of their forms.
well, that's about it. bye!
i'm just stating what i know and what i think, if you don't like it, you can leave me alone.

i am the well-read werewolf
:read:
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i am more interested in the whole idea as a wierd plot scenerio. I like "what ifs" and there are alot of "what ifs" that go with werewolves. that and "i bets." There is something subconscious that attracts to, but i am unable to identify that... either way, i am not prone to barking, howling, or... well, i do kind of growl (more iof a groan, though) anyway, i don't do those kind of things except as a joke. =]
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

23Jarden wrote:you know we may not be able to shift our bodies but what if we can astral project and run about I wouldn't suggest doing it for a long time however seing as how staying out of your body always leads to diaster in the movies.
Since when did this place work the same way as a movie? Astral projection is not dangerous unless you do something really, really, REALLY stupid.

People can and have shifted in a projected state. The ability for this has diminished over the years. It just doesn't have the effect it used to. No one I know of is capable of bi-location shifting anymore, or using an astral form to fight enemies on the physical like some berserkers used to do. Hell..it's damn near impossible to manage anything that would affect the physical anymore, period. Even berserker powers that enhanced the physical body instead of bringing about a strong astral manifestation are all but gone.
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Post by dnl »

Anubis wrote:i have a deep obession with werewolves. i howl when nobody is looking i walk on my tippy toes. i feel primal in cemitarys, i stare at the moon for hours. i don't shave and i'm known to show my teeth and some times growl when i'm pissed. and i feel home in the woods. also when i'm bored i try to transform.

either i'm a werewolf or i need a girl friend realy realy bad!!! and i hpoe it the first one :)
I had to say no i do the same things as you. but on a note people think i'm on drugs. :shift:
Veruth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Veruth »

Well, I seem to share a lot of symptoms.
I walk digitigrade whenever I get the chance, not becasue of my werewolf obsession, just because I like it. I gain some agility too which is always good.

As for howling, I'm not very vocal, not even when I'm alone. I don't really feel much of a need although it might be fun.

I love the woods. I'm in the woods whenever possible and I do feel very much at home while I'm there.

I can stare at the moon for quite a while, and full moons are pretty awesome. once again, I don't do this becasue I'm obsessed with werewolves (at least I don't think so) I'm obsessed with werewolves because it fits me so well.

Daydreams, I daydream and just plain dream about werewolves and lycanthropy in general a lot. Other types of shifting also show up, but werewolves are leading by quite a bit.

When angry or agitated I do snarl and bare my teeth, kind of an involuntary thing, l can hardly do it unless I'm angry. Like I said, I'm not very vocal so I don't growl that often. Actually I can't remember the last time I was angry or even raised my voice, so this may no longer apply.

And, yes. I won't deny that the gestalt form is attractive.... :P
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

I'm not particularly obsessed with Werewolves. I don't talk about them much in RL (even with other Werewolves). I put up Werewolf themes on my office computer during the week before the big Howls. I have an office full of stuffed wolves and wolf statues - but that's because my colleagues keep giving me wolf stuff.

Sure, I like wolves but I like dogs, coyotes, pumas, elephants, gorillas, bison, rhinoceroses, and orcas about as much -in other words, I like living things.

I watch the Werewolf movies and read the books. Fictional Werewolves have a big effect on how nonTherians see us and I like to keep up with how we're being portrayed. There's an element of damage control involved. If there was a chance that we might be able to go unnoticed, I would gladly skip the whole thing but there's little chance of that. We're the subject of commentaries and threads on nonTherian forums. I appreciate anything that casts us in a positive light.