Problem with my copy of Black & White

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Problem with my copy of Black & White

Post by Set »

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? When I first bought the game and loaded it onto my mother's computer it was fine. But recently I've tried playing it on mine (I have two, one at my mother's and one at my dad's and I've installed it on both) and it seems to be running way too fast. The video goes alot faster than the music and the game controls are very hard to use. It throws off the entire physics of the game. I could hit anything with a rock before but now I can't even though I'm doing the same thing I used to. Nothing I've tried has fixed it and it's doing the same thing on two different computers. I can't get through the game as a result of it.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Have you tried patching it? There's an official patch in the download area of Lionhead's website. Maybe that will fix the problem, if you haven't done it already.

-- Vilkacis
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Yeah I've patched it already. It doesn't make a difference if I have the patch installed or not.

If it helps any, my mother has Windows Me on her computer and I'm using 98 on mine. The other one at my dad's has XP.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

You might want to try the one with XP on it cause when I installed it on mine it worked fine. The thing with it is that it's a huge game and it sometimes start to act up. or you might want to just replace the disc. :PC:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

It does the same thing on XP. I did get another disc, the one I'm using now is the new one and it has the same problem.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Well i got nothing.... :(

I know hitting my computer makes it work better, but I would advise it :)
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

No suprise at all. Black & White is really a buggy game.

You may wanna try a patch. Or if that doesn't work, try to reinstall it.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

I did patch it already. And I did reinstall it, and when that didn't work I bought a new disc and tried again. I even messed around with the Direct X thingy...didn't help me any. I'm ready to just give up on it.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Reilune wrote:I did patch it already. And I did reinstall it, and when that didn't work I bought a new disc and tried again. I even messed around with the Direct X thingy...didn't help me any. I'm ready to just give up on it.
Then trade it with a other game. Seriously, you can get a better game then Black & White. :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Know any friends that are good with comps? That would be my suggestion. Maybe it's your video card or something...I don't know.

But I can only imagine how you feel, back when I used to play Black and White I absolutely adored it. The only time I had problems was on my brother's laptop, but it was because he had one of those touchpad mouses and not a real one.

Good luck!