V for Vendetta

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

V for Vendetta

Post by Figarou »

Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Indeed so... Nice mask...
WereDog
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hell-hound From outer regions of pluto

Post by WereDog »

ive read the comic book. its awsome..... and different.
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

V for Vendetta

Post by Hearth »

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.uk/vforvendetta/

I am definitely going to see this.
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Random passerby

Post by hydrocarbon »

Saw the trailer at the cinema a few weeks back (at Underworld: Evolution, actually) and it certainly piqued my interest :) Looking forward to it.
"Weresharks? You idiot, there's no such thing as wereshaAAAGH OHGODMYLEG!"

Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

Oooolala! Going to see that.
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Random passerby

V for Vendetta

Post by hydrocarbon »

The next film written by Larry and Andy Wachowski (the brothers who did the Matrix trilogy), and directed by James McTeigue. It's based off a graphic novel by Alan Moore, looks very interesting to me :) Stars Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving (he was Agent Smith).
The trailer looks fantastic, by the way. But then again I like this kind of film - futuristic, science fiction, it's got it all. Gotta wait until late March though!

Synopsis: "In a story where Germany won a future World War and Great Britain is now a fascist state, a masked vigilante known only as "V" conducts guerrilla warfare against the government. When he rescues a normal young woman (Portman), she joins his struggle against the forces of oppression..."

Official website: http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/v_for_vendetta/ (Quicktime)

IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434409/
"Weresharks? You idiot, there's no such thing as wereshaAAAGH OHGODMYLEG!"

Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

I'd suggest moving this to this thread....

http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/vi ... php?t=1043

And, just a sidenote, I'm gonna go and see the movie once it comes out where I live.
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

If all things work out, I should be watching 'V for Vendetta' later today.
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

It looks intresting, hehe I have a big list of movies to see :o

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i'm deffenatly going to see this movie!!!

its fun to see an oppersive government squirm :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Taril
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Taril »

Saw it last night, loved it! Definatly a must see!! Its very political though.
Keep Howlin!
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

Saw 'V for Vendetta' today.

WOW

I liked it a lot.

I shall own the DVD.

That is all.
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Well, first off, let me just say that I LOVED it. Despite being confined to a mask the whole time, Weaving pulls off 'V' excellently, giving the character lots of emotion. Portman is also excellent. The use of music in this movie is absolutely brilliant. I would love to see it again, and I plan on owning the DVD.

One thing I don't like about it, however, was the fact that it's pretty much liberal propaganda :P . A conservative government is painted as a kind of horrifically controlling 'big-brotheresque' figure, which is a massive exaggeration, even when compared to the current administration. And previous Republican administrations have been even further from this.
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

Renorei wrote:Well, first off, let me just say that I LOVED it. Despite being confined to a mask the whole time, Weaving pulls off 'V' excellently, giving the character lots of emotion. Portman is also excellent. The use of music in this movie is absolutely brilliant. I would love to see it again, and I plan on owning the DVD.

One thing I don't like about it, however, was the fact that it's pretty much liberal propaganda :P . A conservative government is painted as a kind of horrifically controlling 'big-brotheresque' figure, which is a massive exaggeration, even when compared to the current administration. And previous Republican administrations have been even further from this.
Thought that that government was supposed to be fascist, not conservative.... That's what I've read from reviews, at least.

Gonna see it this weekend with my big brother...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Hearth wrote:
Renorei wrote:Well, first off, let me just say that I LOVED it. Despite being confined to a mask the whole time, Weaving pulls off 'V' excellently, giving the character lots of emotion. Portman is also excellent. The use of music in this movie is absolutely brilliant. I would love to see it again, and I plan on owning the DVD.

Thought that that government was supposed to be fascist, not conservative.... That's what I've read from reviews, at least.

The government in V for Vendetta is facist. However, facism is extreme conservatism, so it's still an easy one for the Bush flunkies to whine about.

Though personally, I think if anyone sees similarities between the Bush regime and the government in V for Vendetta, that's more of an insult to the government than it is a reason to fault the movie.

I suppose Ice Age 2 is liberal propaganda as well? :P
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Terastas wrote:
Hearth wrote:
Renorei wrote:
Well, first off, let me just say that I LOVED it. Despite being confined to a mask the whole time, Weaving pulls off 'V' excellently, giving the character lots of emotion. Portman is also excellent. The use of music in this movie is absolutely brilliant. I would love to see it again, and I plan on owning the DVD.

One thing I don't like about it, however, was the fact that it's pretty much liberal propaganda Razz . A conservative government is painted as a kind of horrifically controlling 'big-brotheresque' figure, which is a massive exaggeration, even when compared to the current administration. And previous Republican administrations have been even further from this.

The government in V for Vendetta is facist. However, facism is extreme conservatism, so it's still an easy one for the Bush flunkies to whine about.

Though personally, I think if anyone sees similarities between the Bush regime and the government in V for Vendetta, that's more of an insult to the government than it is a reason to fault the movie.

At no point did I 'whine' about this movie, nor am I a bush flunkie. You'd be surprised at the number of conservatives who have washed their hands of him. I'm just pointing out that it (whether intentional or not) satirizes conservative government. There's nothing wrong with conservative governing...if done correctly and not taken over the top. Satirizing and exagerations can make anything seem bad. An extremely liberal government would be just as bad as an extremely conservative government.

And no, I didn't fault the movie. If I was actually faulting it, I would do so over an issue like bad acting, or poor use of music, or bad plot, or whatever. I still think it's a good movie, but it just bothers me somewhat that they are taking an excellent system of beliefs, which I feel strongly about, grossly exaggerating them, and making it seem bad.

Terastas wrote:
I suppose Ice Age 2 is liberal propaganda as well? Razz

Don't know, haven't seen it.
Last edited by Renorei on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

Amazing movie. Went to see it twice.

*Does a little happy dance*
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Wow, this will be on the first to rent when it comes out list for me.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I accidentally messed up my previous post. I'll fix it later.
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

I've just seen the movie and I have to say it's one of those which will permanently stay in my memory. The plot, message, use of music, and even such details as the domino metaphore - they were all brilliant. The government itself seems to resemble the USSR one from Stalin's period. For those who consider watching this movie I recommend it wholeheartly.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Terastas wrote:
I suppose Ice Age 2 is liberal propaganda as well? Razz

Don't know, haven't seen it.
Neither have I, but the sequel is called "The Meltdown."
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

OMG IT'S GUY FAWKES MASK!!!!! I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE OF THOSE IN FOREVER.
theMoonlite
Legendary
Legendary

Post by theMoonlite »

*squee* Guy Fawkes mask!

I absolutely adored this movie, and even though most didn't like it, I thought it was, like....a 'vision of the future'. Hugo Weaving was the most amazing actor in that, I really liked the little part where they're making fun of V. It had a reference, Benny Hill, or something.

It was funny, imagining Hugo Weaving {the manly Elf father} prancing around in a set.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Ok..I wanna see this now..badly.. :cry: