Are you a suppporter of Canis Lupus????

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Are you a suppporter of Canis Lupus????

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I my self have been a wolf lover most of my life and have always found them to be the most beautiful creature ever to walk on all fours :D I started collect my wolf stuff when I was 12 years old :D My first wolf thing was a stuffed toy I got from a claw machine on the fourth try and that was $2.00 and I still have him :D I named the little guy "Grumpy" and may next thing was a wolf calander and now almost time years later I have a mixture of wolf calanders, posters, statues, dvd and videos :D I am now even donating to several wolf sanctuaries and programs such as:

The YellowStone Park Foundation
http://www.ypf.org

WOLF
http://www.wolfsanctuary.net
This sanctuary is constantly keeping an update on the Aerial wolf hunting in Alaska that has been going on since I believe January 2005 and acording to reports more than 100 wolves have been killed already and they are still being slaughterd by the numbers :cry: I am a proud supporter of the people agaisnt the ruthless killings and if you want more info here is a few webs site to look at:
This first site has an article on the killings and a petition:

http://pressroom.akwildlife.org/objects ... ct_id=5248

This site is an update on the issue and another petition:
http://www.defenders.org/wildlife/wolf/alaska.html

This one is Alaska Boycott Drive agaisnt the hunting: In my newletter I get from the Sanctuary called,WOLF It says,"Friends of Animals intoduces the first Virtual Howl-In. The Virtual Howl-In complements Friends of Animals communtiy-based Howl-Ins and enable wolf supporters to enter there names and addresses into an online form on the Friends of Animals website. Friends of Animals will then mail a physical postcard to Alaska's Gov. Murkowski on behave of eah signatory....http://www.friendsofanimals.org/howl-in/

You can also recieve a free DVD copy of the sanctuaries Wolf DvD and it tells you stories of the wolves there and of wolves around the world :D If you can't E-mail them here is the number to WOLF: 970-416-9531 :D You can recieve the DVD for free, but if you want to you can make a donation as well that will help toward wolf preservation :D
Last edited by Teh_DarkJokerWolf on Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

well...when we start buying Pack items, the donations will go to Wolf Park.

http://www.wolfpark.org/
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i love wolves they are so freaken awsome. they are the ulimate animal.
i always draw a wolf paw on my hand and any thing that belongs to me.
and who ever hunts this canine is a F**KEN SON OF A B**CH!!! who ever killed one of them this is for you, F*CK YOU!!!!!! *flips the birdy*
THE GAME

My Armory
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

I love wolves. I was lucky enough to see a wild one outside of Yellowstone last year. Stupid people killing wolves makes me mad :x Especially when they when do it from planes. Stupid b******s. Wolves rock! 8) I almost forgot. The most awesome sound I've ever heard was a pack of wolves howling at Out of Africa Wildlife Park. It was incredible! The people that own that save wild animals from bad homes and cruel people.
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Lycanthrop55
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Lycanthrop55 »

i love wolves also and i am a supporter.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

I love wolves, but I have more things that are dogs instead of wolves
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Yep.

Wolves = Teh Win.

8)
specially when they when do it from planes.
The plane thing is pretty bad, IMO. If you're going to kill something, at least do it on foot, not from cheap a** plane. :roll:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Of course. Wolves are cool animals.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Shuck »

Aki wrote:
specially when they when do it from planes.
The plane thing is pretty bad, IMO. If you're going to kill something, at least do it on foot, not from cheap a** plane. :roll:
That's why it bothers me so much. I think it's a freaking pu$$y-a$$ way of "hunting". If you don't have the balls to do on it foot, don't even bother then. I can't imagine wanting to kill something as beautiful as a wolf. To me, it's like killing a snow leopard or something. They're beautiful, majestic creatures.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Aki wrote:The plane thing is pretty bad, IMO. If you're going to kill something, at least do it on foot, not from cheap a** plane. :roll:
Yeah it's not sporting at all.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Mans worst enemy is thier ignorants...
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

f*ck the govener of alaska making the hunting of wolves legal. if he was here the i'll make shure that the dumb f*ck is never going to have children!!!! :x
THE GAME

My Armory
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

i'm not angery, just passionate
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

wolf marine wrote:i'm not angery, just passionate
One step below insane 8)
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

I suggest redirecting your passion to positive ends. (As opposed to distructive ends, like I do.)
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Lupin wrote:I suggest redirecting your passion to positive ends. (As opposed to distructive ends, like I do.)
hello, joking!!!!
THE GAME

My Armory
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

So then you really are angry? :P

Edit: This is why emoticons were invented.
Last edited by Lupin on Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

yes wolf potchures and anyone who killed one of these magnifacent animals really piss me off!!!!!!!! :x
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

wolf marine wrote:yes wolf potchures and anyone who killed one of these magnifacent animals really piss me off!!!!!!!! :x
What if it were in self defense :?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

wolf marine wrote:yes wolf potchures and anyone who killed one of these magnifacent animals really piss me off!!!!!!!! :x
Then use the anger constructively.
Fenrir wrote:What if it were in self defense :?
Healthy wolves usually don't attack humans.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

I'm a supporter of wolves within reason. Meaning, that if it comes down to a humans life and a wolfs life, the human wins. Which is, why I'm reluctantly not upset about the aerial shooting in Alaska. Okay hold on a sec and hear my resoning before jumping at my throat.

I grew up in Alaska and I'm intimatly familier with it's people. Now, in most of America, most people hunt mainly for sport, sure they like having the meat but they can readily get it from other sources.

Alaska, is different. There are many many families living in isolated regions of Alaska whom have little to no access to convenient sources of food such as grocery-stores. and don't go thinking it's an isolated few either, there are a lot more people in such situations in Alaska then you might think.

In short, a good LARGE portion of the population, is highly dependent upon hunting, not as a sport but as a means of survival.

I'm also very VERY familier with how devestating wolves can be to a localized areas food supply, especially in conjunction with bad weather such a blizzards. Why, I remember one year where between the weather and the wolves, all wild-life in the area had been killed off, so the wolves out of desperation began eating dogs off thier chains. No this isn't an old wives tale either, I witnessed an unsuccessful attempt at this once in my cousins back-yard.

Now, to be honest, wolves are too smart and stealthy to get a good shot at from the ground, at least that what I've heard from various hunters. The only way to really kill wolves in significant numbers is by aerial shooting or poisening. Honestly, niether of these options suit me, poisening might be less painful so I would be inclined to reluctantly support that over aerial shooting, however there appears to be some regulations preventing this, appearently due to the environmental impact of introducing poisens into the wild.

So, gah, it's an utterly horrible situation. Wolves honestly don't deserve this, but when the population gets out of controll I cannot see any other method of getting it down to a resonable point.

Though I should point out, that if anybody suggested doing aerial shooting in the lower 48, I would be vehamently opposed. Mainly because, as I've said earlier, in the lower 48, hunting is more about sport then survival.

Besides, in huge portions of the lower 48 the game-animal population is unresonably low. So rather then worry whether wolves would cut into a sportsmens game-animals, I would simply choose to now allow hunting until the population recovered enough for it to support both humans and wolves.
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Shuck »

If it's for people's survival I can understand that. That was something I didn't know. I saw on the news that you could hunt wolves from a plane for some sum of money or something like that. It made it sound like if you had enough money you could go to Alaska and get a wolf to mount on your wall. I'm not opposed to hunting if it's for survival or if the hunters use what they can- they don't go and shoot something just so they mount it somewhere, they eat the meat too. It's sad wolves have to go like that, but survival's survival. Thanks for sharing that WolvenOne!
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Well I don't like the idea of people taking back trophies. Infact if I were in charge I would discourage that anyway I could as I simply wouldn't want to attract people whom are simply in it for a cheap thrill or a momento.

This may be for survival but I don't take the killing of another living thing lightly. Which is why I'm more likely to get into wild-life photography rather then hunting.

Er, anyhow, this may not be possible but such things should be done with a heavy heart and a lot of respect. Even if it's absolutly essential, it doesn't mean that people should celebrate it.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I hunt, but I'd never shoot a wolf. If I were on a guided hunt and they tried to convince me to do it, I'd decline, and if they pressed I'd cancel and go home. I won't shoot a wolf, period, paragraph, end of story.

If I were in a hunting camp and I saw a dead wolf hanging up, I wouldn't be happy but I wouldn't directly confront who did it so long as they had a tag and took the skin. I'd probably say something obliquely imposing like "Wolf is the hunter's totem" around the fire later that evening, put whoever did it on the spot and go for the "pause for thought" angle. If they just shot a wolf and left it to rot, then I'd raise hell. BTW, I'd do that if they shot anything and left it to rot. :x

Does that sound contradictory? Apologies if it does, but I consider forcing other people to conform to my beliefs to be as much a sin. There's too many militants running around as it is, I won't join them.

I try to balance that by doing pro-active wolf support. I tend to avoid political campaigns. Most of the groups doing the campaigns are also out to end ALL hunting, not just for wolves, and I don't want to throw my lot in with that. Like I said, Wolf is the hunter's totem. What I do is support efforts to re-introduce, like they're doing here in Oregon. I've also made a personal pledge, to buy game tags every year but only go out hunting every other year. The deer/elk/whatever I'd have gotten, I offer to Wolf and the fish and game department still gets the tag and license money to pay the wardens who patrol and catch poachers. I'm also going to send donations to the Fish & Game forensics lab we have in this state. I can get a fishing license in the interim year and eat crab, salmon and trout instead of venison. lck

WolfHaven is only a few hours' drive from my den, someday I'll go up there and get a membership.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

i'm sorry i feel very strongly about this, i don't belive in this wolfs hunter totem bull s***. if some one killed a wolf for ANY reason i would sock em the face!!!! if you appose it don't just tack a stand do some thing. i'm for am not going to sit on my a** while a wolf's life it taken away for sport and trophy. you won't change any thing if you don't say anyting once i say a wolf killed for sport on oln (some out doors channel) i pretty much gave them hell. now they may still do it but if more people joined in they wont do it.
you may sit there making it right in your head to kill a wolf with some bull.
still its not right!

sorry like i said i feel very strongly about this. i'm just saying my view. its protected by the first admendment. so don't threaten me!
Last edited by Anubis on Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory