Native background

The place for anything at all...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Here's a link to his picture on my Myspace page:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... 0807215118
ImageImageImageImage
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

Yeah, I can friendly and jovial in there. He reminds me of Santa Claus in way. Just friendly looking and pretty likes people :D If you're not afraid of Santa Clause that is :wink:
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

My background is: none.

The only thing I can think of, is that I am 15% German. :)
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Mine's pretty extensive too -- one of my uncles spent a lot of time on the family history and traced us back to the Pilgrims and even further back to the Scottish highlands. He hasn't said much about it though because, well... Apparently there's a lot of lunatics in the family tree.

Scottish, Norwegan, Portugese, Irish, French Canadian, Polish, Sicilian, and according to my uncle that did the research, apparently even a tiny bit of Native American.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Were your ancestors in Virginia? It's possible you might have some of the Croatan in you.

My parents were both from the "black sheep" branches of their families so my sister and I are both on the outside looking in. Fun.

I'm a wolf in sheep's clothing and guess what? The sheep is black. Which is worse, the wolf or the sheep? :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Anubis wrote:me english and a little bit of dutch in my family
:o
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

Only two types for me- Italian (3rd generation in the USA), and Japanese.

Great grandfolks came over from Tuscany (dads side) this side only has a few dozen people in the US.

Mom's side, however can trace on paper, the family going back to about 650AD. We have about 700 living relatives in Japan O_o So some of our relatives have been Samurai, Ninja, Shogun, Daimyo, etc. Kinda neat =^_^=

I went back to Japan 8x so far...rather neat place and I can tell all sorts of fun stories etc.

Never been to Italy though...maybe in a year or few.

:shift: :howl:  :oo
Last edited by Koshaw on Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Koshaw wrote:Mom's side, however can trace on paper, the family going back to about 650AD, and we have about 700 living relatives in Japan O_o So we got Samurai, Ninja, Shogun, Daimyo, etc. in the family at one time or another Kinda neat =^_^=
...Wow. You guys make my family seem so boring. The only cool thing I can think of is there's a town in Spain named after one of my ancestors. I have no clue why so don't ask.

:P
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

hmmm, only one asian? asians kick a**, especially the females because they are pretty :D
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

Asian people are cool. Their culture and everything, it's neat. And the food lck I think it's awesome when my Asian buddies start talking to other Asians in their language. I'd love to be able to converse in my own language (like heritage wise, ya know? Not English) with someone.
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

Well, I don't have any interesting stories about my heritage...

I am Italian (father) and English (mother). I have a wedding certificate from the 1800's from one of my mothers relatives. They were married in a Temple (they were Jewish) in London, England. The husbands first name was Woolf!!!! My mother said her grandmother spoke with a Cockney accent, so I'm to believe I don't come from very royal or good English stock... lol.

Other than that I know that I am related Bugsy Seigel and a famous wrestler on my moms side.

I know basically nothing about my fathers side. I have no idea of how long they've lived in America, if it was recent or not-recent.

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I have relitives from Ireland, Scotland, and a dash of Germany and Native American :D
My grandad said that our family(dads side) was related somehow to Stonewall Jackson *shrugs* may or may not be true, dont know. Jackson was related somehow to George Washington, so that would be kindof cool :)
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'ma Three Forth Appalachian, three of my grandparents are appalachian and their families where of some mixed breeds, I ferget, some Europein folk. While I don't know were my other Granny came from. Some I'm just some Eastern mountain folk, no wonder I like my Bluegrass.

I love my Grandma and Grandpa's accent, they swith Hill and heel, and do other stuff like that, they also tend to abbreviate certain words. I love my Grandpa very much (but not my other one, hes some druggy biker guy, but I think he's also appalachian.)
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Pure-bred Finn here. Not that I've done any research, but seeing as Finland is part of the 'old world' I really doupt any of my ancestors were immigrants.
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Online sometimes...

Post by Razo wolf »

filipino. :kasa:
Shift_
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

I wouldn't mind learnign more abou tmy family lines. There is a sort of pride there in the Bryant family it seems.

I know my dad's father came up from Georgia. He was sent to an orphanage with his other younger siblings. His older siblings went into Military service to keep from being put up in foster care. In those days, it SUCKED hard core. When the oldest brother got stable enough he went and resuced his siblings.

Apparently what had happened was that his father died, left his mother alone with the kids. The Farmer that owned their farm ( they were tenant farmers ), said she could't stay and gave the property to another family. Thus, kids went to an orphanage.

So I really don't know much more beyound that. He was the Bryant. I know there is some German on that side, but beyound that tale I can only wish I could have known more.

My dad's mom is the Gassner. Heavily german/english corssings. I really should talk to her more about where she came from and et all while she's still mostly healthy.

Mom's dad lost his parents when he was born, and was raised by his Older Adoptive brother. I know there is some Irish there somewhere, direct injection from him. Condell.

Other then that I need to get ahold of my distant 'cousins' to find out more. :/

My Mom's Mom.., Pennsy Dutch.., yep German. Reinhart. There is more on her side, but she was literally built like fricking Bruhilde! heh.

My sister married a 'Rican, so we now have some Hispanic in teh family. My niece if Beautiful. The 'mixed blood' really enhanced my sisters lithe form with Jaun's taunt body and muscle structure. She has very wavy blond-brown hair. GAWDS she' sgonna grow up to look like her daddy. :)

Me and my sis look like Ayran Poster Childern ( as the family in-joke goes ), and for some weird reason we go for dark haired, dark eye'd men. *shrugs*

So my native background has me in-fighting with myself-->

German, English, Irish

Heh.
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.