Dragon*Con 2005

General convention type stuff.
Baphnedia

Dragon*Con 2005

Post by Baphnedia »

Ok, while I spilled the beans about this convention well in advance, I'm rehashing it a little.

The last time I traded emails with AB and Silver, they were going to go to Dragon*Con, and I let them know that I have a reservation there waiting for me. I am not being mean by punking them out right here, this is something I just need to know for planning.

The room I have is at the Westin (well it starts with a "W") within a block from the Con (I was too late for reservations at the con itself). I plan to pack 4 people total in the room, and with the room costing $500 total, for the convention, I need to know if AB and Silver are committed to going. Split betwixt myself and one other person, we can't afford $250 for lodging each, and it is putting me in jeapordy of attending the convention at all.

I've written numerous emails with no reply, and I'm placing this post here as a last-ditch effort. Also, I'd rather have a couple Pack members as roommates over a couple random roomless people at the convention. If they have their own reservation, that's fine too. It's just something I need to know.

If ya can't come, I'll start asking immediately for one or two folks that are going if they need a place to stay while they're there. Once again, the con registration is $80, lodging will be $125 plus parking for the three nights, bring money for food and stuff, and my t-shirts. I usually spend $400-500 dollars every year there.

Anyhow, I really don't feel right posting this, but I can't afford not to anymore. You two (you know who you are) still have spots in my room, but I can't afford to leave them open all the way until the Con.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Hmm, sorry for the communications mixup. I'm in production on RedVictoria at the moment and things are really hairy.

I could have sworn I emailed you back and told you that we would be dealing with our own rooms because we canno't 100% commit at the moment.

I would like to publicly apologize to Baphnedia, and thank him for his over the top support, which I have not given the full appreciation due him. For this I most humbly apologize, and will make amends.

One snag I've hit with Dragon Con, is that I have to get full DVD's burned. DVD-R, +R, or anything else for that matter are unacceptable, which means I've got to get a master burned, and spend lots of dough just for one dub for the teaser to show.

and despite my requests for info regarding other formats, I've gotten no response myself. Please just understand that I am but one person, who is pulled ten ways to sunday by other folks on these projects. I'm doing my best, and I will try to do better.

You are abslutely right to be frustrated, I would be so myself. I would hope that your attending dragoncon was not contingent on us splitting a room with you. If I gave you a commitment that I would be splitting a room, then I don't know what drugs I was taking, and I apologize again.

On the note of going, we are trying our damndest to get to DragonCon, we have plans to go, and are keeping that time open as much as possible, but with all the hubub that we have to do with Freeborn, and Red Victoria at the moment, the possability exists that we might not make it. I have to keep my aliegences to the investors that have already plunked down money on R.V. First. Way of the biz I'm afraid.

I have indeed been hard to get ahold of as of late. I really should hire an administrative assistant. But until then, I will try to be more acessable.

Sincerely,

Anthony Brownrigg
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

*bows*

Thank you Anthony, I accept your apology - I really didn't want to go that far to whisper that loudly in your ear as it were. My attending DragonCon wasn't contingent on your attendance, but somewhere along the line we had a communication mixup, as you said. I can find a couple volunteers out of my little network who'd like to attend, but I didn't want to do so until I was absolutely sure that you were either handling your own room, or weren't able to attend.

Doing ten things at once - I commend you for being able to do that. I get lost somewhere around 6. On a good note though, I'm doing six things at once, all day long. Can't seem to get a break. I get a break from the Army - I do music stuff. I take a break from music, I do networking stuff. I take a break from networking, and all of a sudden I'm role-playing.

If you find a personal assistant, would you mind getting a time-share? I'll be moving to SW Arkansas a few weeks after DragonCon, and with the amount of time I spend writing letters, copying contact info, and attempting to organize my files, I find that there is no reducing the heap of my paperwork.

Should I not see you at DragonCon, for which I understand (I find myself saying 'no' to invitations more than I say 'yes'), I'll see if I can't make the drive down to Dallas sometime from Arkadelphia, AR. I'm given to understand that it's a much shorter drive than from Georgia.

Again, I appreciate your response, since I still have time to find a couple others to share my room with before the convention. Nothing is lost, though I was getting a little nervous.

I wish I could drop by the forum a little more often - take up a RP game again, or spew out some fiction. Life's been busy, to say the least.

Revel In Dichotomy,

Louis Lamp
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook