Wierd Phobias

The place for anything at all...
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Wierd Phobias

Post by WolvenOne »

Okay, anybody here have any wierd Phobias?

I for one have an irrational fear of gravity suddenly reversing itself and falling up into the sky.... don't laugh it's not exactly a pleasent thought.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Re: Wierd Phobias

Post by Vuldari »

WolvenOne wrote:Okay, anybody here have any wierd Phobias?

I for one have an irrational fear of gravity suddenly reversing itself and falling up into the sky.... don't laugh it's not exactly a pleasent thought.
I'm not laughing...I used to have nightmares about that.

...wierd phobias?... Well...even though I have nearly crushed my fear of the Dark. (I actually rather enjoy it now), I still feel a strange chill anytime I come across a stairway leading down into darkness. ...as if I expect to encounter something comming UP...from Below.
:evillaugh:
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

I mentioned this in the fear thread already, but I have this weird phobia of walking past a mirror in a dark room. Like I'm expecting there to be... something else in the mirror.
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

You know how some cellar ( basement ) stairs have spaces? Ya know like the person building them got lazy and onlyput the landings on but not the vertical "walls".

Those scare the crap outta me. I have a hard time actually going down stairs like that. Its like I think they are going to collaspe under me! Or a hand is going to reach trhough and grab my leg!
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Wierd Phobias

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Vuldari wrote:I'm not laughing...I used to have nightmares about that.

...wierd phobias?... Well...even though I have nearly crushed my fear of the Dark. (I actually rather enjoy it now), I still feel a strange chill anytime I come across a stairway leading down into darkness. ...as if I expect to encounter something comming UP...from Below.
:evillaugh:
Eek. I still have the fear about the staircase thing *has to turn on the light whenever she's going downstairs to the ktichen*. I think I have the fear of anything too... perky. Like this one girl at my school is REALLY perky. Though I can tolerate her, I usually take my leave within five - ten minutes.

Hmm... I have a minor case of claustrophobia. That count as anything?
Boo
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

when ever I hear that was has been started I start to think apocalypse is coming, plus aliens said that if americans do not depart by 2007 then WW3 will be started :cry: I dont want a WW3!
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I worry that if reincarnation is real, that I'll have a completely differnt personality, a bad life(disabilites, bad family, whatever) and I wont like the things I like now. I think I must be the only person worried about future lives :lol: Hmm, maybe I'll get to be a wolf :wink:

And if Christianity is real, I'd raither not go to hell :P I'm not a religious person so who knows.....*shivers*
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

I have a fear of my brother's room at night... He leaves his window open and the sheet infront of his door moves back and forth. You know those kinda movies.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Well I felt so left out, that I thought I'd throw an odd one of my own. Actually its really the only thing that scares me, and I have no idea why. Something from my childhood perhaps. Funny how its related to the film industry as opposed to something 'from' it. But when you grow up in the biz things go like that.

I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember the old, old, old General Cinema opening animattion, it looked like this.

And the background music for it is here.

http://www.anthonybrownrigg.com/gccfull.wav

Since this is about weird phobias, here it goes.

This logo, and opening scares me to death! Yes, indeed, I still get chills when I hear that music, and see that logo. Not as much as when I was a kid, but definitly still packs a punch late at night. It's so odd and funny that I wrote it into another horror script that someone else is producing.

Anyhoo, my two cents.

Anthony Brownrigg
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

It may not be appropriate to mention my phobia. I love women, of that I am secure in. The impulses I get through interaction say as much. But, I've got this seemingly unbased fear of sex. No. I am not a virgin. For whatever reason, intercourse was scarier to me than going to Iraq.

I feel really weird for saying all of that. Funny how it is that I'd like to have kids of my own someday...
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

When I was younger, I used to have this big fear of going through door frames in the dark. They would always get really big, and I thought they were going to eat me or something.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Baphnedia wrote:It may not be appropriate to mention my phobia. I love women, of that I am secure in. The impulses I get through interaction say as much. But, I've got this seemingly unbased fear of sex. No. I am not a virgin. For whatever reason, intercourse was scarier to me than going to Iraq.

I feel really weird for saying all of that. Funny how it is that I'd like to have kids of my own someday...
I believe that phobia is called Coitophobia :D *feels proud*

These don't apply to me, but I found them somewhat amusing :
Dermatosiophobia: Fear of skin. <--- I feel bad for who has this.
Cathisophobia: Fear of sitting. <--- So they stand all day right? :?
Bibliophobia: Fear of books. <---- I bet over half of my peers have this at my school. :P
Cyberphobia: Fear of computers. <--- Nuuuuu!!! >w<'
Boo
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

hmmmm...a fear thread and a phobia thread. ?? Which one shall I post in? :?

My fear right now is that I didn't make enough to pay my bills. I always get a sigh of relief once bills are paid.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

one guy that is pure EVIL every time i hear his name i cry and go in the fetal postion his name is RICHARD SIMMONS!!!!! i don't know why i'm afraid of him i just am!!! save me from the dancing man in the short shorts mommy!!!!! :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:
This logo, and opening scares me to death! Yes, indeed, I still get chills when I hear that music, and see that logo. Not as much as when I was a kid, but definitly still packs a punch late at night. It's so odd and funny that I wrote it into another horror script that someone else is producing.

Anyhoo, my two cents.

Anthony Brownrigg

Hmmmm...I'm trying to remember if I seen that logo. I don't think GCC was in my area at the time. I know AMC bought GCC not to long ago.

There is more Santiko's theaters in my area compared to AMC. Regal cinemas move into my town. I'm not sure if they bought out Santikos. I need to look into it.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

I also have a slight phobia of telephones.... I think when I was a kid once I dialed the wrong number or something because they always make me feel, horribly uncomfortable.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I used to fear flushing toilets when I was little. I thought they were trying to eat me or something.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

My true phobias are of falling and of telephones. I must clarify the telephone one, though... I really don't like calling people, but I don't mind receiving them. I attempt to avoid the phone as much as possible.

my falling fear is tied in to heights, but I'm not truly afraid of being up high (hell, I climbed a ladder at work today without any problem), but I'm always afraid I'm going to fall, even on ground level. It doesn't help that I'm incredibly clumsy either.

along the lines of something that always weirds me out, but not something that I can say is a phobia -- There's a company around here that either deals in carpeting or flooring and they usually run an ad that has a song in it. The song is generally catchy but for whatever reason I'm blanking on the words. Anyway... at the end of the song/ad they have a drum beat/bass beat that goes off. THAT freaks me out. I have no idea why a single beat would freak me out, but it does!

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

some more...
over-flowing toilets
Yellow-tinted rooms( like thin yellow curtins hanging over windows)
The Law and Order opening sound thing..'DUN DUN'
:(
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Post by Darkmoon »

Phones!!! I hate calling people...but..as was said, I'll pick up the phone. This is most likely because of my mentally scarring childhood "I dialed the wrong number when I was 5 and the person on the other end started yelling and cussing at me" experience.

Other than that, however, I'm fearless. If there is danger of any kind invloved you can bet I'll do it at some point in my life. (Scuba diving, sky diving, rock climbing...)
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Silverclaw wrote: The Law and Order opening sound thing..'DUN DUN'
I love that sound, I have it on my mp3 player.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Lupin wrote:
Silverclaw wrote: The Law and Order opening sound thing..'DUN DUN'
I love that sound, I have it on my mp3 player.
Heh. I love the sound. It means one of my favorite T.V shows are on. :lol:
Boo
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Okay, I went swimming today and was reminded of one of my minor phobias. You know how if you're swimming in a nice clear lake and you look out and see where it gets darker and deeper? Well the deep dark areas scare me, namely because I keep picturing a giant squid tentecle coming out of the water and strangling me.

I know I know, all my fears are completly unrealistic, that's why they're phobias.
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

WolvenOne wrote:Okay, I went swimming today and was reminded of one of my minor phobias. You know how if you're swimming in a nice clear lake and you look out and see where it gets darker and deeper? Well the deep dark areas scare me, namely because I keep picturing a giant squid tentecle coming out of the water and strangling me.

I know I know, all my fears are completly unrealistic, that's why they're phobias.

Aw, dangit. Now I'm gonna picture that. In tune with me imagining sharks and crocs comin' at me (though surprisingly I actually am very interested in those two animals) :P
Boo
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

WolvenOne wrote:Okay, I went swimming today and was reminded of one of my minor phobias. You know how if you're swimming in a nice clear lake and you look out and see where it gets darker and deeper? Well the deep dark areas scare me, namely because I keep picturing a giant squid tentecle coming out of the water and strangling me.

That reminds me...,

My mother is scred to death to get her face wet. She nearly has panic attacks in teh shower when she has to wash her hair.

Now this stems from a very bad experience when she was younger and nearly drowned. She had been out swimming and got her ankle caught up in some plant or something. Because of its location and how deep it was, she was -just- under the surface of the water in a prone position.

She of course panic's, and no-one nitced much of anythign until it was almost too late.

Since then she can't -stand- to have water in her face. The mere thought of dorwning in a very shallow pool of water scares the bejebus outta her. :)
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.