Total votes: 25

Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

New Consoles

Post by Celestialwolf »

So which will you buy? I cant decide between Xbox 360 and PS3.
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

It hurts, but I will very likely skip this generation. I'm not going to have much money to spend for the next few years, given all the school loans I'm going to have to pay off after I graduate.

But if I had the money, I'd probably go for the PS3.

-- Vilkacis
Rogue_A
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Der amerikanische Steppenwolf

Post by Rogue_A »

A similar situation to Vilkacis except what happens four years earlier. I have to prepare for college.....testing fees, application fees, fees to get slides taken, shipping....I need get my driver's license and a car already...and then once I get into college, more than likely I'll be taking out oodles of student loans to pay for these expensive Art Schools in expensive places like California, Florida, New York City, New England...*sigh.* Oh, and the expensive art supplies. In six weeks at that summer studies program I was at in RI, I spent almost $500 in that category. -_-

But, I like Playstation above all others, so if I could, I'd get a PS3 . I'm not a fan of Microsoft at all (I hate to say it,but yes, all the annoying people at my HS talking about nothing but Halo turned me off from Microsoft, and I still can't afford one anyways) , and Nintendo....they're okay I suppose but I haven't bought one of their major consoles (Excluding Game Boys) since Virtual Boy or Super Nintendo.

I do want to see if I can get that Game Boy Micro when it comes out on Sept 19th though....I'm still playing on a silly Arctic White original Game Boy Advance...no backlight on that thing.
"In fear I hurried this way and that. I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, the one as hateful as the other."-Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm not a gamer enough to justify buying a console. I occasionally play games for the PC, but not even enough to justify a $200+ graphics card. I use the one on my motherboard.

I briefly considered the PSP, because of Sony's plans on marketing it as a portable multi-purpose device that played movies and music. But, I think in the long run, an evolved PDA will be more what I'm wanting. The gaming is really secondary, since I'm on a time budget.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I'm a major NINTENDO fanboy so I will Definately be getting the "Revolution" (or whatever the REAL name will turn out to be.)

...however...I can no longer deny that I just can't get the complete gaming experience from Nintendo's consoles alone. Therefore, I plan to eventually get a PS3 as well.

(I see little reason to buy a 360. I don't like Halo that much...so the only 360 game I'm interested in is "Oblivion", which will be available on PC as well, at a later date, so to me, the next X-Box is just the "other" console.)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

It'll be nice if they all joined forces and make just one console. Its getting rather expensive buying all 3 systems just to play game exclusives.

I could wait for the price drop on the console before getting the next generation console. Problem is, when they drop the price, something has been taken out.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

XBox 360

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

'Nuff said.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Morkulv wrote:XBox 360

'Nuff said.
Wait for the PC version and spend the cost of the 360 on a new graphics card to play it...nuff said.

(The PC version will inevitably be the better version, will play with a mouse and keybord, vs. controll pad, and though the 360 version will be capable of using some new content, the PC version will surely have a far wider variety of MODS and extras available for it after launch.)

...good things come to those who wait.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Oh, yeah. Don't biother gettign the xbox 360v JUSt for oblivion: get the pc version, it is so much better it's amazing- you can get mods, patches, use fo teh console, the world editor.... for morrowind that kicked butt, but for oblivion, it will kick even more.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

XBOX 360 no doubt!!! man i love my xbox i'm planning to buy one when i have enouf to cover th $250.00 price tag but one thing worries me, Halo 3. i'm concerned that i wont be able to play it when i still got the original consol ant it only work on the 360 :(
THE GAME

My Armory
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Vuldari wrote:
Morkulv wrote:XBox 360

'Nuff said.
Wait for the PC version and spend the cost of the 360 on a new graphics card to play it...nuff said.

(The PC version will inevitably be the better version, will play with a mouse and keybord, vs. controll pad, and though the 360 version will be capable of using some new content, the PC version will surely have a far wider variety of MODS and extras available for it after launch.)

...good things come to those who wait.
Erhm... I don't think Oblivion wil run on a Pentium 3 1 ghz, 256 MB RAM, and a 32 MB Videocard. :lol:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anubis wrote:XBOX 360 no doubt!!! man i love my xbox i'm planning to buy one when i have enouf to cover th $250.00 price tag but one thing worries me, Halo 3. i'm concerned that i wont be able to play it when i still got the original consol ant it only work on the 360 :(
Someone needs an update from gamespot. :D . There is going to be 2 different version of xobx 360, the $300 version and the $400 version. The $400 version is going to have wireless controller a 20GB hard drive and a controller charger. The $300 version will just have wired controlers. And altough they said xbox 360 is going to be backwards compatible, it will only be compatible for very popular games in the start, the rest you have to download patches from the internet which they will likely charge you for it. In my honest oppinion, PS3 is going to sell better and is going to be more powerful than xbox360, just the fact that NIVIDIA has ps3 teamed up, NIVIDIA made the graphic cards for xbox, then micrsoft didnt see things the same as NIVIDIA, microsoft got ATI instead which is worst than NIVIDIA, NIVIDIA said that they enjoy working with sony much better than microsoft.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

As long as Nippon Ichi or Square is developing console RPG's for a system, I'll get that system. Simply as that. :D

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Oh, and Microsoft executives have stated that the 299 version of the Xenon will not be backwards compatible until you go out and buy a HDD to put into it. Supposedly thier backwards compatability uses the HDD extensivly.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
DarkWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Go My Tediz Go To Ze Trenchez

Post by DarkWolf »

BATTLE MONKEY'S :o
I LIKE MONKEY'S
HAVE A BANANA
*Throws banana at Wolvenone*
Alone in the darkness of night, hear our howl,And Join Us
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:x STOP SPAMMING!!!

While getting anything just for oblivioin is a bad idea, oblivion definetyl should be high on your to-get list.
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

Scott Gardener wrote:I'm not a gamer enough to justify buying a console. I occasionally play games for the PC, but not even enough to justify a $200+ graphics card. I use the one on my motherboard.

I briefly considered the PSP, because of Sony's plans on marketing it as a portable multi-purpose device that played movies and music. But, I think in the long run, an evolved PDA will be more what I'm wanting. The gaming is really secondary, since I'm on a time budget.
I'm with ya there Scott :howl:  :oo If I did play a lot of games though, I'd probably go for the PS3 and if I was frickin rich, I might the Nintendo one too. I'm not though, so I'll stick with what I got :)
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Im waiting for the ps3 to cost $200 :) theres no way im spending $400
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

No votes for Nintendo? Image

The only reason that I did not select that option myself is because I want to get more than one....but Nintendo allways comes first for me.

I will buy the Revolution first, definately, and later, if I can afford it, I will buy a PS3 later.

(which is a big if, as the PS3 is supposed to be even MORE expensive than the 360, which will retail for $300 with no hard drive, wireless controller or DVD remote, or $400 with all of those things...not including a second controller for multiplayer or a game. So what will that make the PS3? $450?... $500?... MORE?!)

On the flipside, part of Nintendo's excuse for NOT making the Revolution capable of full High Definition (WILL output 720p, but not 1080i or 1080p), is to make their tiny box efficient and affordable.

Though this is far from official, yet, Nintendo's console will likely sell for about $200 at launch...if not a little less.

If my finances don't allow it, I am willing to pass on SONY and MICROSOFT's next generation systems. (I passed on the X-Box and PS2 after all...), but I'll be damned if I'm going to let a mere $199.95 stand between me and Smash Bros Online, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Pikmin, F-Zero, and whatever else is comming from the brilliant minds at Nintendo.

=^.^'= ~
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Vuldari wrote:No votes for Nintendo?
If it makes you feel any better, Nintendo would be my second choice ^_^

-- Vilkacis
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Vilkacis wrote:
Vuldari wrote:No votes for Nintendo?
If it makes you feel any better, Nintendo would be my second choice ^_^

-- Vilkacis
Image Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

BTW: Having read much concerning the PS3's manufacturing costs and Sony's previous history I can state that the PS3 will not likely cost anymore then the top-model Xenon with the build-in HDD and all that.

Also, Amazon.france has put the price of the Nintendo Revolution at 299 Euro's, which I think indicates that the US price will be 299 as well. That's less expensive then the PS3 of course, but it is more expensive then Nintendo's previous consoles. It is also especially dissappointing when you consider the consoles lack of HDTV support. I was hoping that due to that we would have another 199 wonder like the GameCube.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

WolvenOne wrote:BTW: Having read much concerning the PS3's manufacturing costs and Sony's previous history I can state that the PS3 will not likely cost anymore then the top-model Xenon with the build-in HDD and all that.

Also, Amazon.france has put the price of the Nintendo Revolution at 299 Euro's, which I think indicates that the US price will be 299 as well. That's less expensive then the PS3 of course, but it is more expensive then Nintendo's previous consoles. It is also especially dissappointing when you consider the consoles lack of HDTV support. I was hoping that due to that we would have another 199 wonder like the GameCube.
As far as pricing goes, anything is possible for the PS3 and Revolution at this point, as all three systems will be sold for less than what it cost's to build them, so it will all just come down to how deep of a hit each manufacturer is willing to take. Sony would loose alot of money by selling the PS3 for the same price as the X-Box: 360 (...the code-name "Xenon" is no longer valid...it is NOT the Xenon.),...allthough, doing so would definately sell Alot of PS3's.

However, I don't think Nintendo can afford to sell their smaller, Less-Powerful system for the same price as it's competitors. It must be less, or the system will not sell.

=^.^'= ~
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Well, various analytical buisness groups have estimated that the PS3 will cost about 400 dollars to manufacture to start with. Now, considering that the Xenon sells for 399, I would expect Sony to match that. They'll still take a loss on things like shipping and such but they'll be able to turn that loss into a profit within a year as the manufacturing price drops.

and I should note, I don't like the commercial name Microsoft picked out as it assaults my artistic sensabilities. So I'm sticking the Xenon for the time being.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

WolvenOne wrote:....and I should note, I don't like the commercial name Microsoft picked out as it assaults my artistic sensabilities. So I'm sticking the Xenon for the time being.
COOL!

In that case...I'm going to call My GameCube a "Dolphin" ...as that was the original code-name for the system, and I had really wished they had stuck with that name anyway.

=^.^'= ~