The Beginning the Avatar Program

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Son of Fenrir
Mood: Indifferent

The Beginning the Avatar Program

Post by DWDruid »

This is my first time trying to start a new rpg, so please be patient with me.

This will be a rpg based on "Avatar" (I coundn't find a good one anywhere else so I'm starting one here, I hope that's okay even though it doesn't involve werewolves). It takes place on Pandora in 2137, 17 years before the events in the movie and 45 years after the RDA first landed on Pandora. The basic plotline will be a few months after the closing of the original Na'vi school and the humans are again trying to set up friendlier relations with them while still trying to obtain the unobtainium. In this game, characters will have the chioce of being one of the hostile humans, the native Na'vi, or one of the avatars trying to savethe Na'vi from the other humans. I would like to know if anybody else would be interested in this before actually starting it, so let me know.
"Wolves, when you get down to it, are a lot like us.
They are powerful, aggressive, territorial, and predatory.
They are smart, curious, cooperative, loyal, and adaptable.
They exert a profound influence on the ecosytems they inhabit."
"Wolf Wars"
-National Geographic March 2010
Cain
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: SilverSkater
Additional Details: I'm a polymorphic writer and model. I'm interested in Lycanthropy, Therianthropy, and any other mythology related to shapeshifting.
Mood: Disappointed

Re: The Beginning the Avatar Program

Post by Cain »

i was thinking about starting one with Avatar, but i guess you beat me to it, lol^^

Is it cool if i join? i promise to TV show references! lmao
To live the life I live, as a polymorphic old soul trapped within a teenage body, is very hectic. I am not normal, nor will I ever be. Don't try to control me, seeing as I will be defiant and do things my own way. I am passionate about roller skating and wakeboarding, those are my outlets. I try to stay out of trouble, most of the time it works.(;
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

(So long as you enjoyed the movie and have a basic understanding of it your good!)

Name: Leon Than
Race: Human/Avatar
Height: H-6'1 / A-8'5
Appearance: Human- Thick body with a medium build. Hair is brown and covers most of his face when not tied back. Eyes are a deep green. Skin is pale from being indoors.
Avatar- Typical tall and lanky build. Hair is back (duh) with some of it covering his face. Onne of his kept his green color while the other is the typical Na'vi yellow. Skin is a paler blue than most Na'vi.
Equipment: While in his Avatar body, Leon wears cameo shorts and vest. His backpack includes a notebook, a few pens, small tent, high-power flashlight, and a small pistol.
Personality: Leon is a scientist through and through. Always hungery for knowledge, he is also in awe about Pandora, the Na'vi, and Eywa. He wants to know all that he can about this strange world.
History: Born from one of scientists, Leon was raised on Pandora and has never seen Earth. When he was 11, RDA learned of his 172 IQ and thought to use him and started making an avatar body for him. It was finished when he turned 15 and loved using it as much as possible. Learned much about all aspects about Pandora ffrom his mother. When she died from a thanator attack, Leon became the head of the scientest because of his experience. He speak English as well as Na'vi. His current project is to find out how the Na'vi control the planet's animals.
(if your character can speak english and Na'vi, do "this" to speak english and *this* to speak Na'vi)

After the now familar rushing sensation, I again woke up in my other body. Seven years of practice and my avatar felt as natural as my human body. Quickly packing all my equipment away, I ran over to the helicopter field for today's mission. I was told to locate and study a group of Na'vi as they hunted a pack of hammerheads. I realaxed in copter as I watched the wonderful scenery pass us by. Soon, we arrived.
"Wolf Wars"
Cain
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I'm a polymorphic writer and model. I'm interested in Lycanthropy, Therianthropy, and any other mythology related to shapeshifting.

Post by Cain »

Name: Raven Caine (aka: Rave)
Race: Human/Na'vi
Appearence:

Human: Short dark hair, emerald green eyes, pale white skin, and a thin but strong build. wears darker clothing, or neutral colors. Has a scar over right eye from messing around with a young thanator, wears a headband that comes down; covering her eye and scar. (thinknof Kakashi from Naruto.)5'6

Avatar: pale blue skin, bright yellow eyes with a dark green ring around the iris, and long dark hair pulled back into a ponytail. 7'6, normally wears a pair of black denim jeans, and a white tank top. Only uses a ninjato (its a sword for ninjas obviously, lol) and a very strong bow with steel tipped arrows, but because her father is paranoid shes forced to carry a rifle, but she chose a sniper rifle for long distance.

Bio: entered the program when she was visiting her father on Pandora, found it amazing at 7 years old. Trained every single day and only had 5 hours of actual sleep. Mainly runs and studies thanators and the banshees, mainly because she bonds closely to animals better than humans and some of the Na'vi.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

I watched closely as the young thanator began its first hunt, making sure i kept my distance, I didnt want a scar on this body as well. I sketched the scene as it played out in front of me. Then I heard the familiar cry of the Na'vi when they hunt. I saw the thanator ready to kill one of the hammer heads, but a Na'vi hunter was on it. I bolted to the hunter and grabbe before the thanator just barely sank its teeth into the boy. We fell to the ground and so did the other prey and hunter did. *Are you alright?* I asked the boy. He nodded and returne to his group.
To live the life I live, as a polymorphic old soul trapped within a teenage body, is very hectic. I am not normal, nor will I ever be. Don't try to control me, seeing as I will be defiant and do things my own way. I am passionate about roller skating and wakeboarding, those are my outlets. I try to stay out of trouble, most of the time it works.(;
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

The Na'vi seemed to be gathering themselves together for their attack. I quickly wrote down what I was seeing and continued to watch. Just as they bagan running towards the hammerheads, a thanator then burst out of the underbrush. This caused the hammerhead get into their defencsive stances while the hunting party scattered. I saw a younger Na'vi male fall as thee thanator pounced. To my surprise, a Na'vi female came from nowhere and pulled the male away from the beast's gaping jaws. Upon closer insection I noticed that the female was much paler than the rest of the Na'vi and was wearing human clothes. My team were the only Avatars sent out for the day so I didn't know what she was doing. Telling the others to stay with the copter, I drew my pistol and followed her into the trees, curious as to who she was and what she was doing here.
"Wolf Wars"
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

I walked back into the trees, weaving through the plant life. Making my way back to the Direhorse I've grown up with since I joined, and we took off for the Center. I saw Eric, a long time friend waiting for me at the gate. *Your fathers been freaking out, My guess is that you didnt tell him you were studying the Thanators again?*

"You don't need to speak Na'vi while we're here you know. My mom freaked when I started talking in Na'vi when I was visiting her."

*But I love how it feels to talk like this, English is boring.* I made a face at me and I punched him in the arm.

"Raven Amber Caine! Where the hell were you?" I looked to see My father walking over with his oxygen mask on, he didnt have an avatar, so he was stuck with the funny looking masks.

"I was out observing a young thanators first hunt, but he was after a HammerHead that the Na'vi were chasing and a young boy nearly became the predators next meal, so I saved him and then came back. I kept my distance, I dont need a scar on this body too." He groaned and we all walked back to the beds and I was transferred reluctantly to my human body. I immediately got up and got some food, I was starving.
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

I gave up my search for the strange avatar and headed back to my team. Making our way back to the base, my pager recieved a message, 'Dr. Lyre wants to see you in his office right away. Leave your avatar.' Reporting this to my team, I got in a comfortable position and transfered. I groaned when I woke up in my natural body realizing thst it needed food. But since Dr. Lyre was the Head of the Research Department he had to come first. Finding him studying his personal holomap and walked in and asked "Alright, what is it?"
"Wolf Wars"
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

after I had my fill of vending machine snacks, I jogged to Mr Lyre's office, spotting a guy in his office already. I just walked in like I normally do, even during his meetings with people, and layed out on the couch in his office.
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

"Ah Mr. Than, I'm glad you could join me. There is someone I'd like you to meet." Just then a young girl waltzed in and crashed right into Dr. Lyre's couch. Studying her, she was shorter and thin, but looked strong. She also wore a headband over her dark hair that covered one of her eyes. Dr. Lyre continued, "Leon, this is Mis. Raven Caine. Due to both of your experience, combined lab time in your avatars, and understanding on Na'vi language and customs, you have both been choosen as parnters for an extremely important assignment." He began typing on the holomap until it showed a completely different scene. The new subject was a strange, willow-like tree. At first I thought it to be one of the Na'vi's sacred Trees of Voices, but the tree was much larger, grew white tendrils instead of purple, and readings on the holomap showed a massive read out of energy signitures. "One of copter scouts found this unique tree deep in the Floatings Mountains during a patrol about two months ago. Since then we have sent about four different troops of soliders to investigate. All four teams were meet with heavy resistance from the natives and were forced to retreat. It remains to be determined, but recent findings show that this tree is the epicenter of all of the neurological energies we've found throughout all of the plants on the planet. What the company needs you to do is meet with the local tribe in your avatar bodies, gain their trust, and try to find out as much as you can about. The Na'vi seem to have a strong need to protect the tree, so we ask you to be careful and sensitive about how you do this." While he spoke, I couldn't help but stare and wander at the tree's image. Just the 3-D projection looked matvelous and looking at it close with my own eyes would be worth dying for! Already decided,I looked to Ms. Caine to see what she thought.
"Wolf Wars"
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

I saw Mr Than, tall with a good build. Nice. I walked up to Lyre and the hologram, tracing the tree with my fingers. "Im ready to leave now if I can, I can see out of my right eyye in my avatars body."
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

"Great!I know that Mr. Than's avatar is still away, so you both are to report to the chopter field at 0600 hours tomorrow. Until then pack and prepare for your journey, and try to get to know each other. Dissmissed." Dr. Lyre turned back to his map as we left. I turned to the girl as we were walking and said, *Ms. Caine, I don't recall seeing you in the program before. How's your Na'vi tongue?*
"Wolf Wars"
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

*Pretty good in my opinion. I've lived here for about 5 years, my father is Dr Ryan Caine, I used to visit him every summer and then I found out about the program and joined. If your wondering about my eye, I was studying Thanators when it happened.*

I lifted up the headband, revealing my scar. "I was observing a young female on her first hunt and got to close. This-" I pointed to my scar. "-Happened several years ago, before I joined the program."

*I was out earlier, I saved a Na'vi boy from the thanator I was studying.*
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

*So it was you,* I said in realization, *My team was studying the Na'vi's hunting until that thanator attacked. I saw you, but I couldn't find you again.*

"Mr. Than, Mr Than!" I turned around to find one of the lower scientist grunts running towards me. "Your team has just returned with your avatar, sir!" he panted. Turning back to Ms. Caine, I said *Meet me in the avatar stockade in about ten minutes. I'll be the one with the bandana.*

I followed the grunt into the link room, looking out at my avatar. "Link me up!" I yelled getting my pod ready. The grunt tried to stop me, "Sir, you haven't eaten for quite a while. Don't you want to refresh yourself first?" Giving him my hardest look, I exclaimed "Just set me up to an nutrient IV or something, I don't care! But I'm linking now and I'll be that way for quite some time!" Then wirhout urther ado, I laid down in my pod and closed my eyes.

My link went well and I found myself back in the chopter, now in the field. My team instantly stood at attention as I rose. "Team, I will going on special assignment starting tomarrow for an indefinate amount of time. Mark!", my second stepped foreward at this. *You will take control of this team's activities and missions until my return. Make sure they stay live.* *Yes, Mr. Than" he replied right away. I dismissed them and entereddstockade.

Once inside, I wiped my brow with the bandana I kept in my pocket then tied it over my head. I took a deep breath of the fresh Pandoran air and cried out, *Wild!* Almost instantly, the large viperwolf rushed out and met me tail waging. On one of my first trips out on the field, a group of soliders killed a pack of the wild creatures, leaving only a tiny newborn pup. My mother then took him as a subject and let me keep him. He eventually warmed up to me and became my most trusted companion. He only liked my and nobody else, he didn't even like me in my human body. *Ready for a little trip boy?* I asked him.
"Wolf Wars"
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

I jogged out and grabbed a water, drinking it all before I settled in my pod. "Link me up guys" I transferred to my avatar, finding my Direhorse waiting for me. I mounted her and we rode off the the stockade. I arrived, seeing Mr Than and a viperwolf interacting.

*We're ready when you are.* I reffered to myself and Amycus.
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

Turning, I saw another avatar coming towards us on a direhorse. I could tell by the simular facial features that it was Ms. Caine. Mu'tsaf bagan growling, but I silenced him with a word.

"It's good to see you again Ms. Caine", looking at her direhorse I added, *Magnificent beast, I've never seen any of the other avatars use direhorse around here, she must be special. Please walk with me*

We began walking on one of the stockade's trail, Ms. Caine riding her direhorse, me easily keeping the same pace, and Mu'tsaf by my side, still nervous with being so close to the much larger animal. Lokking up at her, I said *Since we'll be working together for the next few weeks, we should get to know each other better. Tell me about yourself, why you're here, and how much you know of Pandora.*
"Wolf Wars"
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

"My name is Raven Caine, I go by Rave or Raven. I visited my father every summer, then he said he had a present for me one summer when I was seven, it was my avatar. I've grown and developed with the avatar. I've reversed my schedule, growing up mainly here then visiting my mother every summer. I only study DireHorses and Thanators, i really dont know much else on Pandora other than the Na'vi and their language." I dismantled Amycus and sent her off, she knew when I needed her, we've a real close bond. I held out my hand to the young viperwolf and waited patiently to see if she would realize i wasnt a threat.
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

(Just for future reference, Mu'tsaf is a boy)

I gave a small chuckle as Raven held out her hand to Mu'tsaf. For awhile they just stayed there, each one studying the other. After a few moments I broke the tension by saying, *Don't let him bother you. Mu'tsaf here has only ever liked me. But he stopped growling and that's always a good sign.* As Raven got up, the viperwolf walked back to my side and kept staring at her. I continued *Don't worry, he might warm up to you during our trip.*
"Wolf Wars"
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

*Well, I just want him to know I'm not a threat and niether is Amycus. So What about you? Whats your story on Pandora.*
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

*I was born and raised here on Pandora. My mother was Dr. Amelia Than and taught me everything I know about this plant. I've never been to Earth and from the stories I've heard, it seems like a terrible place. After my mother was killed by a thanator, I became the head of my research team. Since then I have trying to learn and understand this world as much as possible."
"Wolf Wars"
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

*Yes, Earth isnt the best place to grow up, spite all she has given to the humans and animals. The wild life treats the planet with respect, the humans are just destroying her. Im sorry about your mother, I had an encounter with a thanator before I fully linked up with my avatar, thats the reason for my headband on my human body. So what type of research do you and your team do? I dont have a team, but I study Direhorses, Thanators, and Banshees. Although im working on finding a Toruk, Magnificent and dangerous creatures. i hope to see one at least once in my life time, without dying in the process.* I laughed a little.
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

*My team mostly spends time watching the local Na'vi tribes and studying thier movements. The heads also want to know more about these.* At this I brought up my braid and revealed the queue underneath. *We know what these do, but we still can't find out exatcly how they work. Our main goal is to learn all about how they use the planets animals under their complete control and see if we can also immate them. I've even heard a rumor that the Na'vi can even connect with certain species of plants.* Just then a loud horn sounded off in the distance, signling curfew for the avatars. *It's time to go in, we have a big day tomarrow.* I sent Mu'tsaf away and went into the avatar cabin and settled down for the night.
"Wolf Wars"
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

I called Amycus and we rode off, not to the Avatar cabin though. We went to my favorite place to sleep. It was under a Pandoran tree, the base was hollow and open, almost like a cave in a tree. I slept until morning, then I went back up to the same spot I met up with Mr Than at yesterday.
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

Waking up, I picked one of the fruits in front of the cabin for a quick lunch and met up with Raven. *Are you all packed?* displaying my own pack for her to see.
"Wolf Wars"
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

"Yep, already had my fill of food this morning." I straddled Amycus again and waited for his orders. I have terrible memory and already forgot what we're supposed to be doing.
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

*Let's head over to the chopter yard,* on the way there I reminded her about the mission. *We need to establish good relations with local tribe of Na'vi and earn their trust to gain access to the strange tree found in the middle of the floating mountains.* We arrived at the yard and boarded our desinated chopter. As we took off, I reviewed my journal documented the tribe we have to encounter.

The Sky Seer Na'vi Tribe:
The Sky Seer tribe is one of Pandora's most prominent groups. They hometree grows right at the border of the jungle and the floating mountains. About 80% of their food source come from the local flora and hunting only occurs when food is generally low. They value spirtual connections to Eywa more than physical ability. Banshees tend to be ridden more than direhorses due to how close their home is to the mountains. Though they have made relations with humans and some higher members have learned english from the recently closed Na'vi School, they have yet to make connections with avatars, or as thry call 'dream-walkers'.

I sighed as I watched the scenery pass. I had no idea how to sucessfully meet with the Na'vi, and the fact that they had no experience with avatars only complicated things.
"Wolf Wars"