Offspring Question

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Hey, let's just make it simple.

1 human + 1 werewolf + sex = 3 werewolves

We're being a little nitpicky here. It's important to stick to something that can be relatively logical...but we don't have to be anal. This is simple and this makes decent sense (if anything to do with werewolves actually did make sense) and also the idea of ending up with 3 werewolves, to me, is more appealing. Or, at the very least, the child should be a werewolf and the human parent could remain human, but the kid's gotta be a werewolf. It would be SO AWFUL to be the son or daughter of a werewolf and not be able to transform. Let 'em change, people!

(I've made this point in other threads, and I'll make it again here too: Solutions that we come to don't have to be perfect, they just have to be reasonably sensible enough that nobody is going to leave the theater saying that it's illogical and makes no sense. Besides, they're watching a movie about WEREWOLVES anyway, logic is pretty much out the window.)
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I think it was easily settled that we would have three werewolves, I just had a brain fart and started with some ideas while making a post here and we started to blabber on with that.
:D

And though this is the freeborn's forum, one of our goals here are to keep talking about freeborn, but still become seperate so these forums never die out, if we sit and babble like this then we won't have to worry about dieing!
:D

Otherwise, sometimes the simpliest answer is the right one.
:wink:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Ah, well I didn't read the whole thread, I thought it was all about babies. I agree that we definitely need to think of things outside of Freeborn.
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

Your idea is something to spark the imagination on a very heavy logistics level. :) *chuckles*

There are some very intresting sideeffects dependin gon the different outcomes. I preferr with the simplistic approach, for teh sake of the movie, that 1ww+1hmn = 3 ww. :)

But my brain, being the creative storehouse that it is, just droole in anticipation of some of the ideas this questions has produced.

like:

1 ) What if, by some chance, that the virus is a blood-born only type of virus. Its not the easily infectious type.

Biting can easily introduce it, especially if a werewolf has just finished changing. ;) The torn and still healing gum lines could provided the perfect oppertunity for passing the virus by blood.

Add to the the possible euphoric rush of a recent change, as teh adrelinin pumps through out the bloodstream. This chemcial imbalace could make the ww bite a bit harder and deeper then they might otherwise do so. In some ways alomst loke a knee-jerk reaction. ;) Thus causing a wound that would better benefit the passing of teh virus.

Looking to a human-ww coupling. I can see some cases where the virus can be passed on to the human, and some cases where it wouldn't.

Depending on how the virus changes the body, it may or may no tbe able to breed with humans. The Fetus could be fertilized but rejected by the mother's system. It could be stillborn and horribly deformed. It could come out as a half-werewolf, or someone who is partly immune to the virus. It could be simply a normal human.

``````
If the Virus changes the host completely ( thus making it a hybrid creature intrenally with some strange mix of wolf and human Genes ), making the once-human neither genetically related to either wolf or human:

a ) The fetus would not be produced ( like dogs and people matting ( *Twitch* bleck! ) does not make a dog boy ).
b ) A Deformed, still-born ( or live born ) fetus would be produced. This would lead to another reason why werewolves are so hyper senstive about who other werewolves have romatic intentions with. It would more hten likely blow their cover almost instantly, once a group of curious scientists got a hold of their genes.

``````

If the Virus only partially changes the human, enough so that a Change could be feasiable ( movie logistics here ):

a ) It would be harder to produce a fetus, as the human body may respond to the different "strange" genes of the egg/sperm - or to the dormant virus itself. ( We after all inject ourselves with dead virus in order to boost our immune responses. )

So a Woman or man who has sex with a werewolf, could possible slowly and over time ( if they aren't infected right away ) become immmune to teh virus.

The fetus/fertlized egg itself might even be attacked by the female parent's white blood cells, possible responding to the dormant virus / differetn genes.

b ) A Deformed live borth could occur, as teh virus runs rampant inside teh still maturing fetal cells. Causing the normal production process to hiccup along the way ( this is known to occur IRL with some fetus exposued to different chemicals and some diseases ), and thus producing a deformed offspring.

Another reason, as mentioned above, for werewolves to be fanatically opposed to werewolf-human pairings. A doc would want to study the the reason behind the deformation, and come up with a new virus strain that htey never seen before. Shocke horror, investigate more.

c.1 ) ( My favortie personally ) A Perfectly normal human could be born to a human female.., that has an immunity to the virus.

c.2 ) A hybrid creature could be born to a werewolf female - who can't change.

c.3 ) A child of either werewolf parentage born of either female "species", could be a carrier of the virus though dormant. if said child bites another child, they could pass on the virus accidentially. Then you'd have two potential ( or more ) loose-canno werewolve running around.

``````

My brain ran out of the tangent.., there was more points I wanted to hit, some of which outwarddoodles had mentioned previously....

gah.. Back to work. >.<
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
.Moon.Strider.
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Moon Stridings, Set Tidings

Post by .Moon.Strider. »

Woah.. look what I started.. ?? :jawdrop:
Fur on Fur Fightings..
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

And its all your fault!! :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
bloodwolf_345
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Polywere Supreme

Post by bloodwolf_345 »

The quesion of offspring isn't is it possible with a human, but would the human survive it. It has been said that if a Werewolf and human have sex, the human becomes werewolf, that is a load of crap. A human and a werewolf can have offspring together, but the child or children would look more like wolves than humans. But it is possible. The chromosomes have nothing to do with it. The regenerative abilities is in the antibodies and blood, not the DNA. In human families, one child may be able to heal faster than another, same with werewolves. We heal fast, but some heal faster than others. :howl:  :oo Think about it a Werewolf is still human on the inside, the genetic makeup does not change... too much 8)
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

bloodwolf_345 wrote:The quesion of offspring isn't is it possible with a human, but would the human survive it. It has been said that if a Werewolf and human have sex, the human becomes werewolf, that is a load of crap. A human and a werewolf can have offspring together, but the child or children would look more like wolves than humans. But it is possible. The chromosomes have nothing to do with it. The regenerative abilities is in the antibodies and blood, not the DNA. In human families, one child may be able to heal faster than another, same with werewolves. We heal fast, but some heal faster than others. :howl:  :oo Think about it a Werewolf is still human on the inside, the genetic makeup does not change... too much 8)

The chromosomes have everything to do with it, since everything in every organism is controled by them. And all antibodes do is protect a body from foreign substances.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image