Their diet?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Silverfang wrote:
Figarou wrote: He he

Welcome to a world of random sillyness!!
Enjoy your stay!!

Here, have an Almond Joy.

:D
No thanks , rather have a coconut :wink:
Heh, Almond Joy is chocolate covered coconut with almonds.

http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/almondjoy.asp

Mmmmmm..... :P

Sometimes you feel like a nut
Sometimes you don't
Almond Joy's got nuts
Mounds don't
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:He he

Enjoy your stay!!

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:

Enjoy your stay!!

http://www.yuckles.com/tailfeather.htm

Nouska
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Nouska »

Figarou wrote:
Terastas wrote:

Enjoy your stay!!

http://www.yuckles.com/tailfeather.htm

LOL! Wow its amazing how off topic one can get :howl:  :oo
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Working out every day and watching who I eat

Post by Scott Gardener »

Wolves and humans are both omnivores, so a werewolf would likely be omnivorous as well.

In my interpretation, werewolves are able to eat chocolate normally. But, it would make an interesting subtle plot point to have werewolves intolerant of it. Caffeine is similar chemically to theophylline in chocolate, so wolves likely would have problems with coffee and soft drinks as well in this plot concept. The Starbucks Frappuccino I'm drinking now would definitely be out. (As much as I love it, I could give it up.) The werewolf would be the one who only goes to coffee shops with friends, and then only gets chai.

Or, alternatively, coffee could be a werewolf's beer--known to be unhealthy to one's physiology, but loved and imbibed anyway.

By the way, raw, uncooked lamb is relatively tasteless except for the blood, but surprisingly good.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Since werewolves are half human, things like chocolate and coffee to them would be like alcohol to humans: enjoyable, but only hazardous when consumed excessively. Also, they would probably only be intolerant to such things in their werewolf form, so a werewolf could have as much coffee and chocolate as they wanted while in human form, but would likely refrain from having triple-scoop sundaes or Starbucks Double-shots if they thought they would be shifting any time later in the day.

BTW Scott, thanks for bringing the topic back. *nuzzles* :P
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

Figarou wrote:
Silverfang wrote:
Figarou wrote: He he

Enjoy your stay!!

No thanks , rather have a coconut :wink:
Heh, Almond Joy is chocolate covered coconut with almonds.

http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/almondjoy.asp

Mmmmmm..... :P

Sometimes you feel like a nut
Sometimes you don't
Almond Joy's got nuts
Mounds don't
Don't have hershey bars here in the UK :P
*When you're down... howl*
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverfang wrote:
Don't have hershey bars here in the UK :P
I figured as much. Thats why I posted the link.
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

Since the subject of chocolate is near and dear to my heart, I had to think this one over. Chocolate is toxic to canines. They cannot digest it, so it will build up in their systems. Kinda like arsenic to humans. Caffine is not so lethal - SOME dogs can get caffine toxic poisoning, and they love the taste.

When I got my doberman puppy at 9 months, he already weighed over 80 pounds. I came into the living room the first morning and found him lapping happily at the coke I'd left on the coffee table the night before. Apparent the people who had owned him before let him drink this stuff, because he wasn't the least upset at my 'catching him." He didn't seem to have a bad reaction, and he had almost finished the whole thing. He now weighs about 97 lbs, and our girl weighs about 77 lbs, so maybe their size prevents reaction unless there's a lot. I don't let them have any chocolate or caffine anyway.

Babbling - I love my puppies. So we know that these things are harmful to canines. They are absolutely NOT to humans. So here's my thought:

In human form, the 'canine' aspect of a ww is much more 'watered' down, so their digestive systems would react accordingly. Chocolate and caffine would be more like alchahol. It would be okay in smaller doses, though it would poison them slightly, like alcahol does to us, making them drunk. Large doese would kill them as alcahol does us.

I think that a ww metabolism would be pretty fast in either form, so they would need a lot of protien and carbs....so in human form they would appear to eat a lot more meat that normal humans their size.

They would probably get a small lift from coconut in human form, sort of like chocolate or sugar. I can see coconut macarroons being squirreled away for when they are in lupine form.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Yup. Humans have drug dealers. Werewolves have bakeries.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ChaosWolf wrote:Yup. Humans have drug dealers. Werewolves have bakeries.
What if a human comes in and buys out the last bunch of chocolate glazed, coconut sprinkled donuts for an office meeting?

And the next shipment of flour and coconut sprinkles is not until the next morning?

I bet that office meeting will have an unexpected visitor.

ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Figarou wrote:
ChaosWolf wrote:Yup. Humans have drug dealers. Werewolves have bakeries.
What if a human comes in and buys out the last bunch of chocolate glazed, coconut sprinkled donuts for an office meeting?

And the next shipment of flour and coconut sprinkles is not until the next morning?

And, quite possibly, a few missing personnel the next morning. Particularly if said visitor is a young woman dealing with 'that time of the month'...and 'that time of the month'...
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Re: Working out every day and watching who I eat

Post by Apokryltaros »

Scott Gardener wrote: By the way, raw, uncooked lamb is relatively tasteless except for the blood, but surprisingly good.
I strongly recommend against eating raw lamb...
Scrapies is not a pleasant disease, as eating sheep was how cows got Mad Cow Disease...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Scott Gardener wrote: By the way, raw, uncooked lamb is relatively tasteless except for the blood, but surprisingly good.
Scrapies is not a pleasant disease, as eating sheep was how cows got Mad Cow Disease...
Cows ate Sheep?!
:? :o
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

Cows ate Sheep?!
If it was ground up into the cows feed, yea....
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

So you're saying I don't have to worry about carnivorous death-cows.

Too bad.
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

Figarou wrote: What if a human comes in and buys out the last bunch of chocolate glazed, coconut sprinkled donuts for an office meeting?

If the werewolves "owned" that bakery, I'm sure they'd always have a "backup" stash or supply in the backroom that they would not sell just for that purpose.

That's what I'd do, hehe...
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Vuldari wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:
Cows ate Sheep?!
It's a bad habit of modern-day meat industries, in that they religiously subscribe to the axiom "Waste not, want not," in that they collect the leftover pieces and drippings from slaughterhouse wastes, and use them in manufacturing animal feed, nevermind that wide-scale cannibalism is an open invitation to transmitting all sorts of horrid diseases. Especially when they get sloppy about doing this.
Like, when they accidently put tainted sheep-bits into cattle feed, the prion (infectious protein particle) that causes Scrapies in sheep (a degenerative nerve disease that causes sufferers to lean on things, as though scraping away), found a similiar protein in cattle, and gave rise to Bovine Spongiform Encephalitis.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Vuldari wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:
Cows ate Sheep?!
It's a bad habit of modern-day meat industries, in that they religiously subscribe to the axiom "Waste not, want not," in that they collect the leftover pieces and drippings from slaughterhouse wastes, and use them in manufacturing animal feed, nevermind that wide-scale cannibalism is an open invitation to transmitting all sorts of horrid diseases. Especially when they get sloppy about doing this.
Like, when they accidently put tainted sheep-bits into cattle feed, the prion (infectious protein particle) that causes Scrapies in sheep (a degenerative nerve disease that causes sufferers to lean on things, as though scraping away), found a similiar protein in cattle, and gave rise to Bovine Spongiform Encephalitis.
What I don't understand is why they picked cows to give this stuff to.

gross.
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

Figarou wrote:What I don't understand is why they picked cows to give this stuff to.

gross.
If I'm not mistaken, alot of OUR food contain "mysterious" things similar to that too... Alot of food companies are allowed a certain amount of fillers in their products.

Scary, huh?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SGrayWolf wrote:
Figarou wrote:What I don't understand is why they picked cows to give this stuff to.

gross.
If I'm not mistaken, alot of OUR food contain "mysterious" things similar to that too... Alot of food companies are allowed a certain amount of fillers in their products.

Scary, huh?
What is scary is eating breads, cereal, and other items made from wheat.

When the machines gather up the crops of wheat, insects are also gathered. They end up getting chopped up along with the wheat. Mmmm......yummy.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Figarou wrote:
SGrayWolf wrote:

gross.

Scary, huh?
What is scary is eating breads, cereal, and other items made from wheat.

When the machines gather up the crops of wheat, insects are also gathered. They end up getting chopped up along with the wheat. Mmmm......yummy.
The insects are filtered out when the wheat is sifted.
The same can not be said for various products such as honey and or tomato-based products.
Speaking of which, the FDA approves of no more than about 1 to 2 ounces of vinegar fly material per gallon of ketchup.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote: Speaking of which, the FDA approves of no more than about 1 to 2 ounces of vinegar fly material per gallon of ketchup.

Nice, no more ketchup for my french fries.

"Pass the Mustard"

Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Actually, lycopenes, found in tomatoes, are good for you, as they are important antioxidants, and are, ironically, best absorbed into the body via greasy foods.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:Actually, lycopenes, found in tomatoes, are good for you, as they are important antioxidants, and are, ironically, best absorbed into the body via greasy foods.
Well, in that case.

*grabs ketchup bottle and squeezes until a "Thpth" sound is heard*

:P