Muscles

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

How muscle-y should a werewolf be?

Were on steroids. Govinator wolf.
3%
Lots of muscles but not to a bodybuilder's extreme.
24%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
65%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
5%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
2%

Total votes: 92

Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

I wonder how he manages to brush his hair.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Lupin wrote:I wonder how he manages to brush his hair.
His stylist uses a ladder?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

That can't possibly be real... :blink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Aki wrote:That can't possibly be real... :blink:
Thats what I was thinking when I 1st saw the picture.

Then I started thinking what would happen if he became a werewolf with all that muscle mass. I bet he would pop!!

:splodey:
Alteron
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

GAH!

Post by Alteron »

Oh dear lord.... how can his skin streach to COVER all that and not rip like worn trousers?!
If I were him I'd be afraid to MOVE!
You know, guys... I think one of the reasons so many people (outside this group, at least :wink: ) Expect the 'ohmgodhe'sgonnapop' in werewolves again comes from Hollywood. And only the most recent WW movies at that. If you look at the older movies, B&W and the like, you'll notice that hte WW were average joes in build, but the thing of it is, average joesw, covered in fur? Looked like they had no muscles, or worse, depending on the movie. I think it was American WW in Londan that started the 'gonnapop' mindset. All that muscle mass? He looms, he LOOKS powerful and add a few bits of fur and he looks inhuman.
Plus, look at what the average 'movie' guy looks like nowendays! Vin desial, the govonator, etc. All tall, BUILT guys who are showing off how built they are. Comics reflect the same. Everyone's a freaking body builder who shouldn't be able to bend over because of the muscle mass getting in their way!;)
But that's what the average populous WANTS (more or less), big ripped guys and girls that have big breasts, and anorexia.
Bleh... Our current culture just annoys me at times...

Anyway, back on subject... agian... :)
While I would love to see WW chara (male and female) who are long and lean like wolves (willowy or wiry, etc) most people expect WW to be huge hulking predators that could make superman or the hulk hesitat. And that translates to 'ripped'... even if it doesn't make sense for a chra that turns into a wolf, which evolved for stamina and manuverability (they did sacrifice some manuverability for a more stable frame... Stiffened back,etc)
I'm not sure how many people have seen this, but Wolf's Rain? that type of build in human form (and carrying over that 'type' of build to gesalt form) would be my idea WW.
Blast I wish I could DRAW half so well as Goldenwolf, or the artists here...
On a side note, I also liked how the wolves in Wolf's Rain tended to move with wolf like motions, especially when we see them wlaking/jogging in human form. Very much like a true wolfs jog in how it translates to the screen
Huh, am I misremembering, or are canines the only other species besides humans that have a natural 'jogging' pace that is used for long distance traveling? I know that none of the herbavore species can do so. For them it's walk-and-eat or run-at-various-variations-of-a-sprint. And I THINK felines are the like. Am I misremembering?

-Alteron
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:Imagine if this guy turned into a werewolf!! :jawdrop:

THATS TOO MUCH EVEN FOR ME!!! :jawdrop: Thats worst than Arnold!! Atleast his didnt have msucles poped out like a baloon. I mean just look at that, the guy concentrated in only certain spot instead of everything, now he looks deformed.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I really hope that is not real...

...that's just...

Are you TRYING to give me nightmares?!

This is how I see it. Everyone agrees that this picture is disgusting, right?

...well, I feel that ALL "bulging" muscles are gross looking...when they are smaller than this, they are just "less" disgusting than this...but still disgusting none-the-less, and not cool or attractive. If the overall body does not look overall smooth, balanced and focused, then all variations, (or exagerations) beyond that look "wrong" to varying degrees.

But that's just me, of course.

Tell me...was BRUCE LEE a wimp?

Look at these pics and you tell me.
Image Image

THAT is the body of a man who has trained himself Right. That is a finely tuned, focused and powerful body...but he stopped pumping up his muscles just before he began to look "bulgy", or what many people so fondly call "Ripped".

This level and balance of musculature is what I consider a frigtenlingly powerful "I could rip your arms off without even trying" body...while it is not unattractively bulgy.

All of those "Mr. Universe" (Young Arnold) type bodybuilders are training their body's the Wrong way. Those types of people don't win many strength or agility competitions.

The strongest men in the world either look like this, or are built, (quite literally) like BEARS, with very stout, round, middle heavy bodies.

...but "govenator" types...they are just vain fools. Sure...they are stonger than you or me, but focusing on SIZE rather than functional capacity is NOT the picture of "Ideal" physical condition.

I think that if the average Couch Potato Joe gained THIS level of musculature in Gestalt Werewolf form, that would be the UPPER level of reasonable muscle definition enhancement.

...of course, if the person looked like Arnold to begin with, then HELL YEAH he would be "Ripped" as a werewolf.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I like muscular werewolfs but I like for everything to be fairly smooth like you said. :P
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Fig, tell me that was a doctored pic... That just looks plain painful. His thighs and arms are huge but his calves seem really skinny in comparison. You could knock that guy over with a feather. That would be absolutely horrible for stability. Not to mention it's just plain ugly.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Reilune wrote:Fig, tell me that was a doctored pic... That just looks plain painful. His thighs and arms are huge but his calves seem really skinny in comparison. You could knock that guy over with a feather. That would be absolutely horrible for stability. Not to mention it's just plain ugly.
I would think that his knees would collapse in on themselves before you could reach over to tip him over.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

:shudder: :sickpup:
.......why?...........
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Reilune wrote:Fig, tell me that was a doctored pic... That just looks plain painful. His thighs and arms are huge but his calves seem really skinny in comparison. You could knock that guy over with a feather. That would be absolutely horrible for stability. Not to mention it's just plain ugly.

doctored pic? If it is, someone did a good job on it.

I have no idea how a human would look like with super huge muscles. Now I know.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Reading this topic makes me worried if i can post my artwork here without having someone ask me to stop drawing bulgy people...
Moonstalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moonstalker »

I think werewolf with a sixpack would look quite cool. :)

Enough muschles but not too much. Like in Blade 3, Hannibal King had good forms. Good for a werewolf too I think :lol:
In darkness I travel
In shadows I walk

Guided by the beast in me...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

kitetsu wrote:Reading this topic makes me worried if i can post my artwork here without having someone ask me to stop drawing bulgy people...
Go ahead and post the artwork. I don't think it'll be as bulgy as the one I posted. (See picture of man about to pop above :lol: )

and :welcome:

:ducktoss3:

:jester:
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Alright, then, here goes nothing.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25163693/
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

kitetsu wrote:Alright, then, here goes nothing.

Well, I see you're into muscles. :D

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25340218/
And I see what you mean about bulgy muscles. :o
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Vuldari wrote:I really hope that is not real...

...that's just...

Are you TRYING to give me nightmares?!

This is how I see it. Everyone agrees that this picture is disgusting, right?

...well, I feel that ALL "bulging" muscles are gross looking...when they are smaller than this, they are just "less" disgusting than this...but still disgusting none-the-less, and not cool or attractive. If the overall body does not look overall smooth, balanced and focused, then all variations, (or exagerations) beyond that look "wrong" to varying degrees.

But that's just me, of course.

Tell me...was BRUCE LEE a wimp?

Look at these pics and you tell me.
Image Image

THAT is the body of a man who has trained himself Right. That is a finely tuned, focused and powerful body...but he stopped pumping up his muscles just before he began to look "bulgy", or what many people so fondly call "Ripped".

This level and balance of musculature is what I consider a frigtenlingly powerful "I could rip your arms off without even trying" body...while it is not unattractively bulgy.

All of those "Mr. Universe" (Young Arnold) type bodybuilders are training their body's the Wrong way. Those types of people don't win many strength or agility competitions.

The strongest men in the world either look like this, or are built, (quite literally) like BEARS, with very stout, round, middle heavy bodies.

...but "govenator" types...they are just vain fools. Sure...they are stonger than you or me, but focusing on SIZE rather than functional capacity is NOT the picture of "Ideal" physical condition.

I think that if the average Couch Potato Joe gained THIS level of musculature in Gestalt Werewolf form, that would be the UPPER level of reasonable muscle definition enhancement.

...of course, if the person looked like Arnold to begin with, then HELL YEAH he would be "Ripped" as a werewolf.
Yeah. That sounds about right. Besides, the kind of muscles that unrealistic looking dude had...welll. They're the opposite of healthy. If your veins show that clearly it puts a s*** of pressure on them. I could probably make the guy bleed fountains of blood with a papercut.

(overexaggerated, but you get the idea :P )
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:

Well, I see you're into muscles. :D

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25340218/
And I see what you mean about bulgy muscles. :o
lol Fig :lol: . No but I think it looks cool.
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:lol Fig :lol: . No but I think it looks cool.

It does look cool. I wasn't expecting "super bulgy muscles" like the picture I posted. Strange how they have a simular apperance. :o
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:lol Fig :lol: . No but I think it looks cool.

It does look cool. I wasn't expecting "super bulgy muscles" like the picture I posted. Strange how they have a simular apperance. :o
Yeah that is true, it does have a striking resemblence. :lol: .
Image Image
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Um...no offense dude, but his head just plain looks too small for that body. Did some witchdoctor shrink it? (Alright, who's been into my powders again!?)
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

lol, not really. I just got so bored of seeing the commercial type loup-garou that mostly look like a human guy with a severe case of bodyhair and claws.
Ultraken
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ultraken »

Figarou wrote:Imagine if this guy turned into a werewolf!! :jawdrop:

Total Photoshop. I've seen websites full of that stuff. :D

(There are some big guys, true, but that image is pure photomanipulation. The file name is kind of a giveaway...)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Ultraken wrote:
Total Photoshop. I've seen websites full of that stuff. :D

(There are some big guys, true, but that image is pure photomanipulation. The file name is kind of a giveaway...)

I figured as much.

And :welcome: