Dead Babies

The place for anything at all...
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Dead Babies

Post by Renorei »

Let's hear some dead baby jokes!!

What's the best birthday present for a dead baby? A dead puppy!!

What's the difference between a pile of dead babies and a pile of bowling balls? Only one of the piles can be moved with a pitchfork!!

What's worse that ten dead babies nailed to one tree? One dead baby nailed to ten trees!!

Join in the fun!!
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

Oh man, the guys on my high school soccer team would have so much fun with this one :lol:
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

is this even necessary?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Petard wrote:is this even necessary?
I agree. Now is not the time for this type of joke. Especially when people are dying in Louisiana.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Petard wrote:is this even necessary?
There are a lot of things that aren't 'necessary'. Like this forum, for instance. Sure, we all like it, but is it necessary? No.

In short, no this thread is not necessary. But if you don't like it, don't read it.

(I'm not trying to offend you. Just stating the obvious.)
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Short Tail »

as I said to some random person on the street: "there is a time for all things, and now is not a time for dead baby jokes"
mmm fun times. Just go up to some random person on the street and tell them the first piece of advice that comes to mind. some of the faces they make are priceless :lol:
Last edited by Short Tail on Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Yeesh. I'm actually affected by this tragedy, yet still I keep my sense of humor. Very well. Will resume in several months.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Excelsia wrote:
There are a lot of things that aren't 'necessary'. Like this forum, for instance. Sure, we all like it, but is it necessary? No.
Actually, this forum is 'necessary.'

How else would ABrownrigg gather the information from werewolf fans?

Also, what proof will ABrownrigg show to the studios?

This forum plays a BIG part in ABrownrigg's project. As a Pack, we play an important part in his film. Thats why we will be thanked in the opening credits.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Short Tail »

bleeeee!
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

True, this forum is necessary to Freeborn, but is Freeborn necessary? Are movies necessary? Is television necessary at all? Not really. Sure, we freakin' love entertainment, but it's not required to exist.

*sigh* Evidently tragedy negates humor. Forget I ever made this thread.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Petard wrote:bleeeee!

wtf?
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Short Tail »

you have never heard someone say blee?
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Petard wrote:you have never heard someone say blee?

Not to my recollection.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Excelsia wrote:True, this forum is necessary to Freeborn, but is Freeborn necessary? Are movies necessary? Is television necessary at all? Not really. Sure, we freakin' love entertainment, but it's not required to exist.

*sigh* Evidently tragedy negates humor. Forget I ever made this thread.
Is the internet necessary? Do you really need that computer sitting in front of you?

Tragedy happens every year. And some people just don't want to be reminded of it.

If 9-11 never happened, people wouldn't have been outraged at Cingular's billboard.

http://www.lowculture.com/archives/2004 ... exc_2.html
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Figarou wrote: Is the internet necessary? Do you really need that computer sitting in front of you?

....That's kinda the point I was trying to make.

Figarou wrote: Tragedy happens every year. And some people just don't want to be reminded of it.

If 9-11 never happened, people wouldn't have been outraged at Cingular's billboard.

It was not my intention to remind people of tragedy. Dead baby jokes existed before Katrina, and will exist long after, and furthermore have nothing to do with her whatsoever, nor do they attempt to take advantage of the situation. Unlike that ad, which would only have given rise to anger after the Twin Towers fell. Cingular deliberately put that image up there, because putting up a subliminal image like that (one that is so blatantly awful) will cause people to remember their brand name. That's a tactic advertisers have long been using. I had no intention of reminding anyone of tragedy, or to take advantage of the situation in any way. I just wanted to have a thread for dead baby jokes, which many people (though not all) consider funny. Sorry to those I may have offended. No more dead baby jokes for now.
Last edited by Renorei on Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Dead Babies

Post by Hamster »

Excelsia wrote:Let's hear some dead baby jokes!!

What's the best birthday present for a dead baby? A dead puppy!!

What's the difference between a pile of dead babies and a pile of bowling balls? Only one of the piles can be moved with a pitchfork!!

What's worse that ten dead babies nailed to one tree? One dead baby nailed to ten trees!!

Join in the fun!!
:roll:
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Excelsia wrote:
Figarou wrote: Is the internet necessary? Do you really need that computer sitting in front of you?

....That's kinda the point I was trying to make.

Figarou wrote: Tragedy happens every year. And some people just don't want to be reminded of it.

It was not my intention to remind people of tragedy. Dead baby jokes existed before Katrina, and will exist long after, and furthermore have nothing to do with her whatsoever, nor do they attempt to take advantage of the situation. Unlike that ad, which would only have given rise to anger after the Twin Towers fell. Cingular deliberately put that image up there, because putting up a subliminal image like that (one that is so blatantly awful) will cause people to remember their brand name. That's a tactic advertisers have long been using. I had no intention of reminding anyone of tragedy, or to take advantage of the situation in any way. I just wanted to have a thread for dead baby jokes, which many people (though not all) consider funny. Sorry to those I may have offended. No more dead baby jokes for now.

Yes, dead baby jokes exsisted long before Katrina. What I'm saying is now is not the time. Someone could come in here and say.... "I just lost my baby from that hurricane!! How dare you make jokes about it!!"

Now, if it wasn't for the internet, none of us would be here. Also the internet plays a BIG part of our lives. Its the information super hiway. Can any of us live without it? No. Those that can't afford a PC can watch TV for news and information. If it wasn't for TV and the internet, the tragedy in Louisiana would be alot worse.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

That's really stretching it. Those bars look nothing like the twin towers, and everything like the signal strength meters on every cell phone I've ever owned. (Which comes to about 9-10 off the top of my head.)
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
That's really stretching it. Those bars look nothing like the twin towers, and everything like the signal strength meters on every cell phone I've ever owned. (Which comes to about 9-10 off the top of my head.)

Its the last two bars. (the biggest bars) Not all of the bars.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Figarou wrote: Yes, dead baby jokes exsisted long before Katrina. What I'm saying is now is not the time. Someone could come in here and say.... "I just lost my baby from that hurricane!! How dare you make jokes about it!!"
I have already said that I would stop. And I am stopping. However, tragedy strikes many different people in many different ways. Honestly, anything we say could offend someone in some way. Someone's father could have been killed by a wolf (doubtful, I know). This entire forum could offend them. Should we stop what we are doing because some people are offended? I am the type of person that would say no. But, as I mentioned earlier, I am going to stop with the jokes for now.
Figarou wrote:Now, if it wasn't for the internet, none of us would be here. Also the internet plays a BIG part of our lives. Its the information super hiway. Can any of us live without it? No. Those that can't afford a PC can watch TV for news and information. If it wasn't for TV and the internet, the tragedy in Louisiana would be alot worse.
I have to disagree with you here. Humans lived for thousands of years without the internet. True, if the internet all of a sudden disappeared, the world would probably crash down around our ears. But the millenia before it was created proves that we don't have to have it to exist.

These are the only things that are necessary:
-Food
-Water
-Space to live
-Clothing
-Oxygen

Anyway, we have both made our points, and I have stopped posting dead baby jokes. Time to end this debate, and let this thread die.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:Its the last two bars. (the biggest bars) Not all of the bars.
Yeah, but the twin towers still didn't look anything like that. They were of equivlent height.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Excelsia wrote:
Figarou wrote:Now, if it wasn't for the internet, none of us would be here. Also the internet plays a BIG part of our lives. Its the information super hiway. Can any of us live without it? No. Those that can't afford a PC can watch TV for news and information. If it wasn't for TV and the internet, the tragedy in Louisiana would be alot worse.
I have to disagree with you here. Humans lived for thousands of years without the internet. True, if the internet all of a sudden disappeared, the world would probably crash down around our ears. But the millenia before it was created proves that we don't have to have it to exist.

These are the only things that are necessary:
-Food
-Water
-Space to live
-Clothing
-Oxygen

Anyway, we have both made our points, and I have stopped posting dead baby jokes. Time to end this debate, and let this thread die.

I meant here in this forum. Not here on this planet.

Yes, lets end this debate.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:Its the last two bars. (the biggest bars) Not all of the bars.
Yeah, but the twin towers still didn't look anything like that. They were of equivlent height.

Yes, they are the same height. But not when you look at them in a certain angle.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I can see the resemblance to the towers. Specially with those little smoke puffs and such.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:Yes, they are the same height. But not when you look at them in a certain angle.
But even then you have several other bars in the picture telling you it's a signal strenth meter, and not a representation of buildings.