Transformation

The place for anything at all...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Transformation

Post by Silverclaw »

Any tf fans here?
List anything transformation related stuff here, like movies, books, websites, whatever :D I'll skip most WW stuff cause everyone most likely knows all the cool stuff for that :wink:

A pretty neat site for art is,
transfur.com

Some books....
'Owl in Love'- wereowl
'Howling Mad'- Wolf to man
'The Dragon DelaSangre'- Dragons that can shapeshift to humans

Movies...
Willow- Has a decent men to pigs tf scene
The Witches- Boys to mice
Brother Bear- Man to bear

Thats all I can really think of now, so, ok then :)
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Even though alot of people didn't like this movie I did think that the Harry Potter WereWolf TF was pretty good

I love Silver Bullets TF

Ginger Snaps was cool

I'm sorry but I will always love the classic WolfMan movie TF just because it's classic and how WereWolf TF's started :lol:

VAN HELSING :o

Howling(the first movie was just creepy, but 8)

I just can't seem to think of anymore right now, but I know there's more :lol:
NarnianWolfen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NarnianWolfen »

The Werewolf Solution! THWWWWWWWOOOMP!
~Kate

"She should not lock the open door (run away run away run away!), full moon is on the sky and he's not a man anymore...sees the change in him but can't (run away run away run away) see what became out of her man...full moon!"
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Re: Transformation

Post by Vuldari »

Silverclaw wrote:Any tf fans here?
Yup. Image...that's why I'm here, really.

I'm a huge TF fan, but not really a horror movie fan, so I've never really seen a Werewolf movie that satisfied my viewing desires.

I actually heard about this site while having a TF related conversation on another web-forum, and the idea of a Werwolf film that wasn't just another "monster kills people...survivors kill monster" film was just too attractive to pass up.
...so here I am. Image

...what have I liked? Hmmm...

There are TF scenes I've liked, but I really can't say I liked the rest of those movies.

Van Helsing - Harry Potter :POA - The Witches - Willow - ...

...even scenes like the beginning of "Rock-a Doodle", where the boy becomes a cartoon kitten have been pleasantly amusing to me. ...So sad that the movies that they are in are usually so un-spectacular.

I read a book once about a man who becomes a Dragon, ("The Dragon and the George" or something like that) which was fairly amusing.

One of my old favorites is the chapter out of "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" of the Chronicles of Narnia series where the boy becomes a Dragon. (...again with the dragon...). That was really what got me hooked on TF.
Last edited by Vuldari on Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Hmmmmm...new avatar Vuldari? Who is it? If you don't mind me asking. :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Hmmmmm...new avatar Vuldari? Who is it? If you don't mind me asking. :D
It's ME!!! Image

...that is...it is a snapshot of my "Second Life" avatar (Vuldari Yamabushi) as it currently appears when I log on.

(I was wondering when someone would say something about that.)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:Hmmmmm...new avatar Vuldari? Who is it? If you don't mind me asking. :D
It's ME!!! Image

...that is...it is a snapshot of my "Second Life" avatar (Vuldari Yamabushi) as it currently appears when I log on.

(I was wondering when someone would say something about that.)

Oh...ok. I heard of "Second life." :D

I don't plan on changing my avatar. Its going to stay right there!! :D
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Aargh... I keep meaning to pick up Howling Mad, but I keep forgetting order it when I have extra money.
Figarou wrote:I don't plan on changing my avatar. Its going to stay right there!! :D

Heh, then it will be the exact opposite of my avatar.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Books:
The Dragon, The Earl, And The Troll by Gordon R. Dickson (part of a series) A man can turn into a dragon
Creature Fantastic edited by Denise Little, a collection of short stories about fantasy creatures, a human turns into a phoenix, a faerie into a cat, and a dragon into a human
Goosebumps by R.L. Stine, a series of books, some of which include werewolves, werecats, and a girl turning into a chicken
A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle, there's one tf scene in there, Mrs. Whatsit turns from a human into a...something
A Wolf At The Door And Other Retold Fairy Tales edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling, a wolf turns into a lion-creature
Flights Of Fantasy edited by Mercedes Lackey, a collection of short stories about birds, a man gets turned into a hawk, and a woman into a goshawk
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

there's one book that i read that was about a kigdom of avian shapeshifters and a community of serpent shapeshifters who were eternally at war, but i can't for the life of me remember the title.
NarnianWolfen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NarnianWolfen »

Sounds like Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes to me. I hate her books; she writes like crap and everybody loves her books. I can write better than her, and I have a lot of friends who can. :evil: S'why I'm writing a book. To show some of these people the RIGHT way to do it.
~Kate

"She should not lock the open door (run away run away run away!), full moon is on the sky and he's not a man anymore...sees the change in him but can't (run away run away run away) see what became out of her man...full moon!"
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Silverclaw wrote:Any tf fans here?
Of course! :D

'tis cool stuff. 8)

As for books, well, there was a book I read for summer Reading that wasn't so bad that had a Werehorse. It was called "Night mare" or somethin'.
Wacky book, that was. Esspecially the parts with zombies. :lol:
That TF ruled. The sound effect was.....just...lol. :lol:
NarnianWolfen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NarnianWolfen »

It sounded like someone using one of those ball pitching machines. 8) At the batting cages. :D
~Kate

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Aki wrote:
That TF ruled. The sound effect was.....just...lol. :lol:
And it was the fastest TF ever!! :lol:
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

I'm a fan of animal TFs and I generally get along with the larger TF community. However, I don't like the sick sexual stuff, and I'm not into inanimate TFs, age TFs or gender TFs. I like some monster TFs, and I was a HUGE fan of the Hulk when I was a kid. I've got a lot of TF-related stuff, werewolf and otherwise, at my website Shapeshifter Emporium, which I've really been meaning to do a super-update on for a while, and probably will in a couple weeks.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Yep, TF fan here, and I've written some TF related fiction too.. *Though the piece I'm most proud of has very heavy religious overtones.*

Got into the genre around 12 or so, so it's almost 12 years since I've been poking around in the entire furry/TF genre/fandom. Yet, I've never been to a con or anything like that. Which is kinda funny now that I think about it.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

Vuldari wrote:...even scenes like the beginning of "Rock-a Doodle", where the boy becomes a cartoon kitten have been pleasantly amusing to me.
Oh yeah! I remember that! Great memories, those old shows...

Yes I am a TF fan, though mainly werewolf.
I used to read theAnimorphs books-I love the tf descriptions and the DNA acquiring stuff.

That's all I've got right now...
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Hmmmm.....is being a werewolf fan the same as a TF fan? Werewolves transform, don't they? Or is being a TF fan mean that you like anything that transforms.
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

Well, yeah, I like things that transform in general with a preference for the werewolf kind. That's how I am; is that what you were asking, Figarou?
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lazywolf wrote:Well, yeah, I like things that transform in general with a preference for the werewolf kind. That's how I am; is that what you were asking, Figarou?
something to that degree, yes.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Lazywolf wrote: Yes I am a TF fan, though mainly werewolf.
I used to read theAnimorphs books-I love the tf descriptions and the DNA acquiring stuff.

That's all I've got right now...
Heh, I still have a bunch of the Animorphs books in my closet.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Figarou wrote:Hmmmm.....is being a werewolf fan the same as a TF fan? Werewolves transform, don't they? Or is being a TF fan mean that you like anything that transforms.
I'd say werewolf fans are a subset of TF fans. There are an awful lot of TF fans who are focused on animals other than wolves, or who are focused mainly on gender switches or other non-animal transformations.
The TF fans hang out places like:
TF Central
Animal Transformation
Shadowlord and Dragonaide
Transform To
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I really liked the part in Underworld were the camera goes into the body, to view every muscle stretch out, and stuff. :) Its just very original.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Jamie wrote:
Figarou wrote:Hmmmm.....is being a werewolf fan the same as a TF fan? Werewolves transform, don't they? Or is being a TF fan mean that you like anything that transforms.
I'd say werewolf fans are a subset of TF fans. There are an awful lot of TF fans who are focused on animals other than wolves, or who are focused mainly on gender switches or other non-animal transformations.
The TF fans hang out places like:
TF Central
Animal Transformation
Shadowlord and Dragonaide
Transform To
Oh....ok...thanks for all that. :D
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

http://stonegate.furvect.com/pictures.p ... 1960&seq=0
Cool anime WW transformation 8)

Yeah, I'm a big transformation fan myself :) Only animal tfs though. I dont really care about inanimate, size, and all that other stuff. Mythical animals are cool as well. Werewolves are the ultimate shapeshifters though; my favorite :D

I have a ton of Animorph books! Up to the late teens or twentys. I really need to find the last dozen books and read them; never did find out what happened at the end of the series.
They made an Animorph tv series a while back; a very inferior look at the books :P