Reverse Werewolves?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Could a wolf become a werewolf?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 61

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Reverse Werewolves?

Post by Terastas »

By a loose definition, a werewolf is half human that has become half a wolf.

So by that definition, could a wolf be infected with lycanthropy and become half a human?
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Makes sense to me :D They would have their more dominate wolf mind. They two different kinds of werewolves would look and act very similar. They would get along well in either form :lol:
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

I once read a story where a normal wolf would transform into a full human during the full moon, his wife and the rest of the pack ate him.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I love that Idea. Sure...I don't see why not.
Silverclaw wrote:Makes sense to me. They would have their more dominate wolf mind. They two different kinds of werewolves would look and act very similar. They would get along well in either form.
No...I don't see them getting along well at all. In their transformed states, they would look very similar. However, the Human Werewolves would be domesticated beings with ferral enhancements. However, the lupine werewolves would be ferral hunters with humanlike intelligence and dexterity. They would continue to act like wolves...only now they would have the capacity to "hunt" where humans previously made that impossible. ...In the City. Now, I am not saying they would instantly become Maneaters. Rather, they would not have any respect , or recognition of human boundaries. Whatever "territory" they could claim...they would. First Avenue would just be another route on the Hunting trail.
...and Sapien werewolves would be nothing but Competition, rather than fellow pack members.
:o
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Hm. Interesting.

I'm sort of seeing both points and falling somewhere in the middle with them. I agree that there would be some notable differences between human werewolves and wolven werewolves, at least enough so that they would want to distinguish one from the other, though at the same time I'm not so sure they would conflict with each other just as well. Wolves are typically shy of humans, so it's unlikely they would be quick to declare 5th Avenue their territory. Also, the personality of a wolf isn't that different from that of a human by an analytical definition, so though the human werewolf would want to distinguish himself from the wolven werewolf, the fact that they are still half human and half wolf would give them both enough common ground to at least refrain from conflict. Finally, wolves exist in hierarchal packs, so all the human werewolves would need to do to keep the wolven werewolves in check would be to elect an alpha male and ralley behind him whenever a wolven werewolf needs an ego check; they would essentially use their numbers to establish the wolvens as the omegas.

That's really the most I see wolven werewolves becomming; omega werewolves when shifted and either wolf sanctuary residents or pet "malamutes" *wink-wink* when not. The reasoning being that the human werewolves wouldn't consider themselves equal to wolven werewolves, but at the same time they couldn't just let them alone because they run the risk of exposure, which poses an equal threat to all werewolves, human and wolven alike. So the wolven werewolves wouldn't be equal with human werewolves, but the human werewolves would consider the wolven werewolves to be their responsibility.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

It is true that Humans and Wolves don't think all that differently. However, gaining human intelligence capacity would not necesarily make them culturally compatable with humans...even half -wolf humans.

Also, the fact that they are so similar is the very REASON why they would consider the Human werewolves a threat. Though wolves get along with other wolves of the same pack, I'd imagine that Lupine Werewolves would view Human ones as a competeing pack. Why would a Wolf that became a werewolf choose to accept a place as Omega in the Human pack when they could easily go back to their old pack and claim their position as Alpha?

Also...a ferral wolf pack with a Werewolf as its Alpha leader,(with humanlike intelligence), would likely be so successful that they would cause an ecological nightmare. Normal wolf packs, and other competing predators could not compete and...well...that would not be good for the local ecosystem. With Human intelligence, the wolf might also inherit human arrogance...thus claiming 5th Avenue, or perhaps a small town.

Edit: 150 posts! :howl:  :oo
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Well... Yeah, a wolven werewolf wouldn't choose to, but if it looked like 10+ human werewolves were about to bust a cap on him, becomming the omega would be the desired outcome; wolves have disagreements alot, but they rarely have physical conflicts with each other -- if more than one human werewolf challenged one wolven, the wolven would either submit or scram. Also, he could theoretically go back to his pack and become alpha, but that's only if the human werewolves let him. Since there's no difference between human and wolven werewolves to anyone that doesn't have lycanthropy, the human werewolves would consider the wolven werewolves to be their responsibility -- if a wolven werewolf causes any trouble, he could end up bringing down the human pack in the witch hunt that follows.

I'm not saying a wolf couldn't contend with the humans, rather that the humans would go to great lengths to keep the wolf from stirring up as much trouble as possible. The easiest and most desirable way to do this, I imagine, would be with food, shelter and tummy rubs. ^_^
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

So long as the Human werewolves get a hold of that wolf before it let's it's newfound power go to it's head in the wild, I suppose that would be about how it would play out. It makes sense that they would never let a Lupine Werewolf run about if they knew about it, and would go to great lengths to keep it under controll and out of trouble.

Imagine the disatser it would be, however, if somehow one went unnoticed long enough to start an entire pack of unchecked Lupine werewolves. All it would take is one...to mate and spawn a whole litter of the troublemakers.

...but, yeah. I guess I could see how one could find a way to fit into the Pack...given the right "motivation".
:wink:

=^.^'= ~
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Vuldari wrote:Imagine the disatser it would be, however, if somehow one went unnoticed long enough to start an entire pack of unchecked Lupine werewolves. All it would take is one...to mate and spawn a whole litter of the troublemakers.
*nod-nods* That'd make for an interesting plot line. Heck, that could be the inspiration for the sequel. :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I have several questions. I want your thoughts on this. And don't worry Terastas, I just want knowledge on this.

You have a pregnant female werewolf.

If the female werewolf likes to spend most of its time as a werewolf, (Crinos form) will the unborn be born as a wolf? (Not human)

Can that same werewolf have a litter of wolf pups?

What about the human side? Can it give birth to a wolf? Or a litter of wolf pups?

Your thoughts please.
LoupGarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LoupGarou »

Perhaps yeah but the wolf would have to look more man like,so vice versa basically.
"The Wolf in Me...desires the Sheep in you."
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:I have several questions. I want your thoughts on this. And don't worry Terastas, I just want knowledge on this.

If the female werewolf likes to spend most of its time as a werewolf, (Crinos form) will the unborn be born as a wolf? (Not human)

What about the human side? Can it give birth to a wolf? Or a litter of wolf pups?

Your thoughts please.
Wait...hold on...let me get this straight.

Are you asking if a, former, human female who prefers to stay in Werewolf form would give birth to a ferrral wolf? ...or did you mean, the child would be born in a transformed state?

For the first option, I DON'T think a female Werewolf, (that was initially human), would give birth to a litter of Pups. The way I see it, the mothers original form would determine the childs species. It would not change.
(LIkewise, a "reverse" werewolf, that began as a pure wolf, WOULD give birth to pups.)

As for the second option...Perhaps if the mother was in her transformed state when she gave birth, the children might come out likewise. I would think this would be very unhealthy for the tikes though.
Physically and psycologically, the young would potentially be warped, as they would have no one form to identify with more. They would be torn in two even moreso than normal werewolves.

...that's my $0.02

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:I have several questions. I want your thoughts on this. And don't worry Terastas, I just want knowledge on this.

Your thoughts please.
Wait...hold on...let me get this straight.

Are you asking if a, former, human female who prefers to stay in Werewolf form would give birth to a ferrral wolf? ...or did you mean, the child would be born in a transformed state?

For the first option, I DON'T think a female Werewolf, (that was initially human), would give birth to a litter of Pups. The way I see it, the mothers original form would determine the childs species. It would not change.
(LIkewise, a "reverse" werewolf, that began as a pure wolf, WOULD give birth to pups.)

As for the second option...Perhaps if the mother was in her transformed state when she gave birth, the children might come out likewise. I would think this would be very unhealthy for the tikes though.
Physically and psycologically, the young would potentially be warped, as they would have no one form to identify with more. They would be torn in two even moreso than normal werewolves.

...that's my $0.02

Thanks for sharing. Any more thoughts on this?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:If the female werewolf likes to spend most of its time as a werewolf, (Crinos form) will the unborn be born as a wolf? (Not human)
I can think of two possibilities to answer that. The first would be if the child undergoes lycanthropic shifts along with the mother due to their connection via the umbilical (sp?) cord, in which case the child would probably be born in whatever form the mother preferred. The other possibility would be if the child's lycanthropy developed at a pace completely separate from the mother, in which case the child could be born either way. If the latter is the case, it'd probably be the recommendation of expecting mothers to spend as much time in werewolf form as possible because... Well, I imagine being kicked from the inside is painful enough without the kid developing claws. :P
I'm going to draw back on my infant mortality theory and state that a werewolf would never have a litter. Assuming lycanthropy is a painful and potentially fatal process the first time (which was suggested by Anthony Brownrigg so I'm assuming that's what we're going with), I imagine miscarriages would be more common than successful births; twins would be a miracle.
I don't think so. If the same two possibilities I suggested for a werewolf giving birth can be applied here, then a human could theoretically concieve a wolf. However, in the case of a human giving birth to a werewolf, the baby will have teeth and claws, which I doubt would be good for the mother.

Did I miss anything?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

I may be misundertanding something here, but I am just curious.

What logic could one follow to deternine that a Human,(werewolf), would conceive a Wolf?

The way I see it, a Werewolf is Two parts exiting as one. Human and Wolf.
A normal person is 100% Human. A Werewolf is 50% Human and 50% wolf. (Or maybe more like 60/40). Even if a werewolf remained in her transformed state at all times, she would still only be partially wolf, and so would bear, at most, a Part-Wolf child. ...not all wolf.

...unless maybe it was the lovechild of a Werewolf and a Reverse Werewolf, in which case it could be more like 80% wolf. ...but I think that may be crossing the Taboo line. Such an act could be viewed as "beastiality". Most people are not comfortable with that. (Myself included)

:shock:

...all of this, of course, is just my view.
I actually like the idea of a Werewolf giving birth to a Wolf "Pup". It may not make sense, but...
...OH, the possibilities... :oops:

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:
Figarou wrote:If the female werewolf likes to spend most of its time as a werewolf, (Crinos form) will the unborn be born as a wolf? (Not human)
I can think of two possibilities to answer that. The first would be if the child undergoes lycanthropic shifts along with the mother due to their connection via the umbilical (sp?) cord, in which case the child would probably be born in whatever form the mother preferred. The other possibility would be if the child's lycanthropy developed at a pace completely separate from the mother, in which case the child could be born either way. If the latter is the case, it'd probably be the recommendation of expecting mothers to spend as much time in werewolf form as possible because... Well, I imagine being kicked from the inside is painful enough without the kid developing claws. :P
I'm going to draw back on my infant mortality theory and state that a werewolf would never have a litter. Assuming lycanthropy is a painful and potentially fatal process the first time (which was suggested by Anthony Brownrigg so I'm assuming that's what we're going with), I imagine miscarriages would be more common than successful births; twins would be a miracle.
I don't think so. If the same two possibilities I suggested for a werewolf giving birth can be applied here, then a human could theoretically concieve a wolf. However, in the case of a human giving birth to a werewolf, the baby will have teeth and claws, which I doubt would be good for the mother.

Did I miss anything?
hmmm...interesting. Thank you for your thoughts.

Now, during pregnancy. Since its painfull and stuff. Would it be wise not to shift during pregnancy? Stay in one form? So it won't injure the child. Or it doesn't matter? Will a pregnant female werewolf be weaker it this state?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Now, during pregnancy. Since its painfull and stuff. Would it be wise not to shift during pregnancy? Stay in one form? So it won't injure the child. Or it doesn't matter? Will a pregnant female werewolf be weaker it this state?
On the one hand, there is the possibility that the enhanced healing / regeneration that occurs durring a transformation could be beneficial to the unborn child, (healing some birth defects).

On the other hand, it could also be very dangerous to suddenly, and drasticly change the conditions of the womb durring gestation. Such changes would certainly involve variant hormone levels, as well as a change in the very shape of the woumb itself.
Changing these conditions while the child is still in it's early stages of life could possibly interfere with it's normal physical development. Pausing or accelerating the development of internal organs could render the child deformed, or with Ovesised / Underdeveloped lungs, heart, glands, brain, etc.

All in all, though the possibility for benefiet is there, the risk involved would make it highly inadvisable to "shift" while pregnant.

Staying in one form or the other,(if possible over a 9 month period), would be the way to go, I think.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Oh!!! this brings up another question. Will it take 9 months for the werewolf fetus to develop? Doesn't the wolf fetus develop faster than a human fetus? Will that cross over to the werewolf? I think it takes 2-3 months for wolf pups to be born. (In real wolves, of course.)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Oh!!! this brings up another question. Will it take 9 months for the werewolf fetus to develop? Doesn't the wolf fetus develop faster than a human fetus? Will that cross over to the werewolf? I think it takes 2-3 months for wolf pups to be born. (In real wolves, of course.)
Good point.

Also, after birth, would the child mature at an accelerated rate? Dogs and Wolves grow to be Adult sized in just a few years...or less.

...I have no insight on whether this would effect the fetus or not. I don't know enough about why Human children take so long to gestate to give an educated guess. Sorry.
:?

Again, good question. Hmmm....

=^.^'= ~
kita
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: I can run faster scared than you can angry!

Post by kita »

isay this could happen but why how would it be of any signifigance in any movie in fact it would seem to me more like a national geography sort of thing cause with a normal were its two 3rds man so the human dominates. but with a reverse were is two 3rds wolf so woludnt that just make a wolf with another form but besides that there wouldnt be any difference i mean its not like if it goes up to its budys and changes i front of them there gona spazz out and tell the whole world. they would run or try to fight. but then again it would depend on what it was bitten by if it was another reverse were wouldent that just make a wolf with a slight fraction of human in it i think it would just basicaly just create diiferent types of breeds. im not sure and i think ive confused my self. :? i know its a bit off topic from what you all are talking about but its of relavance
Some say we do not exist, in turn they ignore us, others say we are immortal, in turn they dispise and destroy us, but i know we bleed and die and I am sure I exist.
thus reality
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:Now, during pregnancy. Since its painfull and stuff. Would it be wise not to shift during pregnancy? Stay in one form? So it won't injure the child. Or it doesn't matter? Will a pregnant female werewolf be weaker it this state?
Again, I'm seeing two possibilities.

The first would be that the mother shouldn't shift because the rapid changes might be too much for her unborn child.

The other possibility I thought of would be that, if the child shifts in unison with the mother, it might be beneficial for her to undergo a shift three or four times during the first month while her baby is still... Well, for lack of a better term, while her baby is still just a fetus. What I was thinking was that, since the baby will be rapidly developing from just a handful of cells at this point, the physical shifts associated with lycanthropy might not be as traumatizing to it. Assuming the child shifts when the mother does, she could theoretically help him adjust to the lycanthropic symptoms before he he stops developing and becomes intolerant to such rapid changes. Theoretically, it could cause a mutation, but I still think the chances of a stillborn would be more likely otherwise.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Its good to have these ideas since there is going to be female werewolves in the movie.

Thanks

hope this stuff becomes helpfull to them because I have no knowledge in this area.

:D
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Female werewolves, while pregnant, should avoid changing form.
The fetus is very sensitive to antibodies that the mother produces, and there are some cases where the fetus dies due to the mother having an allergenic response to the fetus. The placental membrane filters most of the mother's antibodies out, at least those antibodies designed to attack the fetus.
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

Apokryltaros wrote:Female werewolves, while pregnant, should avoid changing form.
The fetus is very sensitive to antibodies that the mother produces, and there are some cases where the fetus dies due to the mother having an allergenic response to the fetus. The placental membrane filters most of the mother's antibodies out, at least those antibodies designed to attack the fetus.
I would think that anything in the womb is instantly killed when the female shifts.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

ShadowFang wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:Female werewolves, while pregnant, should avoid changing form.
I would think that anything in the womb is instantly killed when the female shifts.
Most likely because of the walls of the uterus shifting, thereby detaching the placenta and causing a spontaneous miscarriage?