DIGITAL BURN

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

DIGITAL BURN

Post by ABrownrigg »

Silver and I were talking this morning over a cup of coffee as we watched our dobermans gleefully out pounce each other in the yard. We've been wondering about Digital Burn, which is the post apocalyptic tv series we've been working on. It's based on the game by the same name from Living Room Games.

We've been getting our pitches ready, and Silver and her team have been working on a 5 year plotline for the series over the past year and a half.

Freeborn has been so promising that we're wondering if we should make a sci-fi version for Digital Burn, and get fan input who are sci-fi fanatics. (of which I am one myself)

But the drawback is that we've already gotten so much together, we wouldn't be able to change some things. But it might prove to the fans advantage and ours if we made some things public and tried to build a base like there is here, and get input.

Thoughts?
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I say go for it! I dont know anything about Digital Burn, but I'm sure those who do would gladly help you out :D I'll be sure to visit, but will leave the bigger sci-fi fans to the facts and such:) I wish you guys luck on that project! :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo

Btw-What is the basic plot outline for Digital Burn?
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

better question WHAT IS DIGITAL BURN?
THE GAME

My Armory
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: DIGITAL BURN

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:Silver and I were talking this morning over a cup of coffee as we watched our dobermans gleefully out pounce each other in the yard. We've been wondering about Digital Burn, which is the post apocalyptic tv series we've been working on. It's based on the game by the same name from Living Room Games.

We've been getting our pitches ready, and Silver and her team have been working on a 5 year plotline for the series over the past year and a half.

Freeborn has been so promising that we're wondering if we should make a sci-fi version for Digital Burn, and get fan input who are sci-fi fanatics. (of which I am one myself)

But the drawback is that we've already gotten so much together, we wouldn't be able to change some things. But it might prove to the fans advantage and ours if we made some things public and tried to build a base like there is here, and get input.

Thoughts?

(Yellow)
wait....Do you mean a Digital Burn episode with werewolves in it? ??

I could be reading that wrong.

(green)
The best way to do it is to start a seperate forum for that. Then spread the news like you did this one.

I'm into sci-fi. :cyborg1: In fact, I like all types of movies/TV shows in general.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

But, you've already got so much going on at once... I'd love to see it; I'm barging to the front of the line about mixing werewolves and sci-fi. But, I'd rather see Freeborn finished as envisioned first.

Still, I'd love to see a crossover of the two storylines at some point. But, before that, I just want to see the storylines!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

No no no, I'm working on Red Victoria at the moment, and our two reps are dealing with Freeborn. Silver is currently developing Digital Burn, not me. Even though both will be under the Cashel Entertainment Name.

Actually, in the world of The RPG digital burn, you can actually get cybernetic enhancements like fur, tails, claws, etc. So I suppose in theory you could have a gang of werewolves.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:No no no, I'm working on Red Victoria at the moment, and our two reps are dealing with Freeborn. Silver is currently developing Digital Burn, not me. Even though both will be under the Cashel Entertainment Name.
Cashel Entertainment.

I am proudly displaying it in my home theater room!!

ABrownrigg wrote:Actually, in the world of The RPG digital burn, you can actually get cybernetic enhancements like fur, tails, claws, etc. So I suppose in theory you could have a gang of werewolves.

Did someone say cybernetic enhancements?

:cyborg3: :catchduckie:
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Most interesting.... I don't know anthony there are alot of sci fi fanboys out there that can be a little harsh and more unhelpful then helpful. I think some sci fi fans are different from werewolf fans but shrugs who knows. I would give it try if ya don't like the results just go with your original concept and ideas.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Hmm... Well, first thing's first: don't cross Digital Burn over into Freeborn. That looks beautiful just the way it is in current-day settings, it's already going to be diverse from all other werewolf movies in that it will depict werewolves predominantly as being human, and besides, movies and TV shows that attempt to cross classic horror with sci-fi tend not to do very well (Ghosts of Mars anyone?).

However, if it's stated in the game that players can at least edit to make themselves look like werewolves, you could get away with an episode or two.

On the whole though, I think your best bet would be to just do the same thing with Digital Burn that you did with Devoured: start by asking the gamers themselves as these are your most-likely viewers. I personally don't really understand the concept behind DB, but I trust that there are just as many gamers that want the TV series to be good as there are pack members that helped Devoured become Freeborn.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:Hmm... Well, first thing's first: don't cross Digital Burn over into Freeborn. That looks beautiful just the way it is in current-day settings, it's already going to be diverse from all other werewolf movies in that it will depict werewolves predominantly as being human, and besides, movies and TV shows that attempt to cross classic horror with sci-fi tend not to do very well (Ghosts of Mars anyone?).

I know one thing. Other sci-fi shows has different types of creatures in it. There could be a species that may look like a werewolf. For example, that one in Star Wars. (Cantine scene. Ep.4) Who knows what type of alien creatures they come up with in the Digital Burn series.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

WoW :o That sound so cool :D I say go for it, just don't get to over worked yourself :P

BTW Figarou, is that a model of Ravage on your speaker :?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SabreWereWolfQueen_84 wrote:
BTW Figarou, is that a model of Ravage on your speaker :?
yes, its Ravage. I love that character. :D
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

WoW :o I knew it :D I love Ravage too :o
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Is there any websites around that explain what Digital Burn is?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:Is there any websites around that explain what Digital Burn is?

Well, there is this one for the RPG.

http://digitalburn.lrgames.com/
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Thank ye :)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Wow How could I miss this thread, I hate myself for this :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:Thank ye :)

no problemo :D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I've only seen bits and pieces; I missed its premiere at A-Kon 14 +/- 1, though I saw its teaser at the last A-Kon.

It's a cyberpunk story that has shades of Shadowrun and Ghost in the Shell. I've got an autographed copy of the game, and I've been meaning to read through it. Time and space willing, I'd love one of these days to put together a campaign.

If someone else GMed, I think I have an idea what I'd play. (Gee, any guesses?)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...