You so Crazy...

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

You so Crazy...

Post by Silverclaw »

Perhaps after freeborn, I should get with Silver and talk about some kind of werewolf ailment that makes them go bezerk. Kind of a sub genre throwback explaining why stories of werewolves killing babies existed, etc.
Inspired by ABrownrigg :)

So, do any of you guys have ideas on this? Besides just being an evil, sick n' twisted individual; why esle would a WW go bezerk? Maybe their more suspectable to rabis(sorry about my spelling) or maybe we could bring the plant wolfsbane into play. Or is it something else? Discuss, now! :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: You so Crazy...

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:
Perhaps after freeborn, I should get with Silver and talk about some kind of werewolf ailment that makes them go bezerk. Kind of a sub genre throwback explaining why stories of werewolves killing babies existed, etc.
Inspired by ABrownrigg :)

So, do any of you guys have ideas on this? Besides just being an evil, sick n' twisted individual; why esle would a WW go bezerk? Maybe their more suspectable to rabis(sorry about my spelling) or maybe we could bring the plant wolfsbane into play. Or is it something else? Discuss, now! :D
How about a :wacko: werewolf tossing :duckie at everyone?

:lol:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Now that's an idea Figarou :lol:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

this has been another figarou monent broaght to you by joe's funny farm and prozac :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Anubis wrote:this has been another figarou monent broaght to you by joe's funny farm and prozac :P
:lol:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

:D
THE GAME

My Armory
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Anubis wrote:this has been another figarou monent broaght to you by joe's funny farm and prozac :P
no, Joe's duckie farm. The makers of duckie shaped candy.

:tongue: :duckieinmouth:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote: no, Joe's duckie farm. The makers of duckie shaped candy.
Peeps!

:eatduckie2:
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

There's the experience itself, of shifting. If you don't realize that they exist, and then see one, get bitten, and turn into one, that's quite a strain on one's sense of reality.

Add to that the expectation from popular culture and horror movies that werewolves are monsters, and you could get a self-fulfilling prophesy. If you expect to become a monster when you shift, you'll be hard-pressed to stop yourself.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote: no, Joe's duckie farm. The makers of duckie shaped candy.
Peeps!

:eatduckie2:
Peeps are baby chickens, not ducks. :D
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Well I'd imagine suddenly having behavoirs and dreams like a wolf, which I beleived was discussed about with what happens before the first shift, would make something think they're crazy. So someone that may be 'weaker' may give out during that time. The painful shifting process, not knowing whats heppening, and becoming some beast may in turn may that person go crazy too, it seems to matter on how they behave to such situations, yet I think even the calmest and most serious person would be screaming (and soon howling.) during and after a shift.

If the person had figured out what they are, then they could expect themselves to be blood thristy monsters and their mind could get the best of them, causing to become and beleive what they've only heard of through stories.

Though the above is is if the person had not really beleived they exsist, though even a beleiver may very well freak out. Though mainly because they don't know what the hell is happening to them. So if the werewolf who had bit them, or was preparing to do so, would probally tell him what was going to happen, what it is, what it isn't, and then prepare them for their The First Shift. (We all love The First Shift now don't we? That is not talking about work shifts.)
:wink:

So a knowledged werewolf could still go crazy. If they did not want to be bitten and then learned everything from another werewolf, they could be very upset from the stress of it. A person who had agreed to but was just bitten may have second thoughts. Then they have to go through the trouble that may lay ahead of them, how ever the extent it may be.

A werewolf tired of keeping his secret may be stressed too. Or if say someone saw the werewolf shifting or in gestalt and runs around claiming werewolves are true, though most people would scoff at the person who had seen the werewolf, that could still be stressful.

Other than that I think alot of werewolves could get stressed or pissed from alot of other things a regular human would really dislike.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:Peeps are baby chickens, not ducks. :D
Huh.

I could never tell what they were.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Chicks are baby chickens; ducklings are baby ducks :duckie :D
I think Peeps can refer to anything that company makes(Though I could be wrong) Most well known for their tasty chicks, they also make bunnies, and for Halloween, cats, pumpkins, and bats :D

I'm hungry now lck

On-Topic- Does anybody know anything about wolfsbane? Just wondering...
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Silverclaw wrote:On-Topic- Does anybody know anything about wolfsbane? Just wondering...
There's a bunch of info on it on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfsbane
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

If I may bring my backgound in psychology into the discussion...
A traumatic first shift may be enough to cause emotional problems, but it wouldn't change a person's personality. Just because someone may be "insane" (not a real psychological term, I might add), doesn't mean they are aggressive. People with cognitive or emotional disorders are no more likely to display violence as the next person.
I would think the best explanation would be physical- such as rabies as Silverclaw suggested, elevated testosterone levels, some strange problem with seratonin turnover, failure to process tryptophan(precursor to seratonin) in food, or temporal lobe siezures.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

The most common causes of werewolf evilness, in all seriousness, should be the same things that cause evilness in humans. Stress, selfishness, mental disorders, fanaticism, the "everybody sucks but me" theory, and all the other great moments in the Intelligent Design.

And no offense, but attributing werewolf psychoticism to wolfsbane and rabies... In all seriousness, that sounds like a poor attempt at making werewolves appear to be natural forces of good. The fact is that it doesn't matter how a werewolf got the urge to kill someone (don't we all get those from time to time?) What matters is why he acted upon it.
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

I think that Werewolf's behaviour would be the effect of enviorment.
After becoming half animal, the Werewolf would most likely be considered as a servant of devil and be rejected from the society, or leave it on his own to prevent that happening. Now, without possibility to cope with normal humans and without experience with how to hunt in the wild, in order to live, he has to prey on livestock or dig out corpses from the graves. Just a step further: If he lived through any traumatic events like attempts to burn him on the stake, he might as well hold a grudge against humans and feed on them. Women and children are an obvious choice because of them being easier to kill.
That and the impact that lycanthropy has on mind make a good explanation.
What do you think?
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

It might also happen that the change causes brain damage, similar to rabies, with similar results... Too tired to analyze this point in detail, I will get back to it (if I don't forget :P)
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Doruk Golcu wrote:It might also happen that the change causes brain damage, similar to rabies, with similar results... Too tired to analyze this point in detail, I will get back to it (if I don't forget :P)
I've always been curious as to changes of the brain. I don't think it should change at all, thats it. Yet unless the brain is capable of controlling a tail, which from what I know of it can't, the werewolf would have no part in his brain for the nerves in his tail, the brain shouldn't change at all. Thats also why I call our werewolf race 'uber wolves', because there would be changes from a real wolf to a werewolf in the most wolven form. I think the skull would be bigger in the back to acomidate the brain.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Just because someone may be "insane" (not a real psychological term, I might add),
I never knew that...hmm.

I would have to say either they were evil before, or that they're, for lack of a better word, "Self-damning" themselves. There probably is a better word but I dont feel like looking it up.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

outwarddoodles wrote:I've always been curious as to changes of the brain. I don't think it should change at all, thats it. Yet unless the brain is capable of controlling a tail, which from what I know of it can't, the werewolf would have no part in his brain for the nerves in his tail, the brain shouldn't change at all. Thats also why I call our werewolf race 'uber wolves', because there would be changes from a real wolf to a werewolf in the most wolven form. I think the skull would be bigger in the back to acomidate the brain.
The brain is pretty plastic; it adapts well. The brain doesn't have an area for controling computer perhiperals either, but hook electrodes up in the right place and it can do that too. As long as the nerves are there and hooked into the right area, it'll be able to figure it out.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

outwarddoodles wrote:I've always been curious as to changes of the brain. I don't think it should change at all, thats it. Yet unless the brain is capable of controlling a tail, which from what I know of it can't, the werewolf would have no part in his brain for the nerves in his tail, the brain shouldn't change at all. Thats also why I call our werewolf race 'uber wolves', because there would be changes from a real wolf to a werewolf in the most wolven form. I think the skull would be bigger in the back to acomidate the brain.
What I think would be the case is that the werewolf's brain itself undergoes little change in terms of structure and function. What would change, however, are the receptors and what is transmitted to the brain (IE: the senses). His sense of smell, for example, would be much more receptive than while in human form.

Since his mindset would be predominantly human at that point, his brain wouldn't have any definition for the many variable signals now flooding through his sense of smell, and he might likewise become irritated by loud noises or the lack of color definition he is accustomed to, but this is hardly something that should result in bloodlust. Eventually the brain should conform to these new senses, he will learn to recognize the new senses with his ears and nose and adapt to the lack thereof of his eyes. It could be argued that his canine taste buds will favor meat over fruits and vegetables, but this should hardly provoke an urge to kill. Ultimately, the werewolf's urge to kill should be identical to that of their human mindset.
Ghostwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ghostwolf »

For something new, maybe the werewolf just got a power trip. :cafinated: :gangster:

The power to shapeshift goes to is head and try to put all the people around him under is domination. In other word become the alpha. :king:
mielikkishunt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by mielikkishunt »

my were looses her sanity when her lifemate is murdered. .she hunts down the SOB who did it, not caring who she used, killed, and hurt(including their child) on the way. . .and then kileld him and ate most of him

:)
Lt Com Kyr

Could someone explain why my Russian Wolfhound only eats my WereWolf Books?