Werewolves and pets

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

A female collie in heat ? Possibly if he acts on his wolf instincts, of course the human side might repress them.

Though in wolf form he might very well mate her. Of course that might go for any medium or large size dog only. Small dogs, like say any miniatures, would either be ignored or eaten regardless of heat cycle. They just look too much like a food item to a larger carnivore.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:A female collie in heat ? Possibly if he acts on his wolf instincts, of course the human side might repress them.

Though in wolf form he might very well mate her. Of course that might go for any medium or large size dog only. Small dogs, like say any miniatures, would either be ignored or eaten regardless of heat cycle. They just look too much like a food item to a larger carnivore.

OOOOkaaaayyy! So I guess he will go Image for that Collie.

But eating it? If eating a human is not on the werewolf's menu, why eat a dog? Isn't it closely related to him as a human?
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:A female collie in heat ? Possibly if he acts on his wolf instincts, of course the human side might repress them.

But eating it? If eating a human is not on the werewolf's menu, why eat a dog? Isn't it closely related to him as a human?
Humans have been eating dogs for centuries, asians still consume them on a regular basis along with other things I wouldn't touch... :wink:

I bet when wolves first joined up with humans in the past, they never imagined that their decendents would end up on the menu.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:
Figarou wrote:

Humans have been eating dogs for centuries, asians still consume them on a regular basis along with other things I wouldn't touch... :wink:

I bet when wolves first joined up with humans in the past, they never imagined that their decendents would end up on the menu.

*drops the all american hot dog*

yuck. :P
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

.......yeah, I'm getting ready to have dinner we should probably drop this line of discussion. I wouldn't want to take this topic with me to the table y'know.... :wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:.......yeah, I'm getting ready to have dinner we should probably drop this line of discussion. I wouldn't want to take this topic with me to the table y'know.... :wink:
And this come from a guy that talks about dissection and anatomy at a public restraunts.

:lol:

:duckie
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Oh, I wasn't worried me.....just about the rest of the family...my grandmother is quite squeamish. I have been berated on several accounts already.... :wink:
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Figarou wrote: Gee, I don't think a male werewolf is going to go Image when a female Collie comes his way.
That depends on the collie. Me, I'm a Husky fan, myself. :o :oops: Wait... you meant in general, not asking individual opinions... My bad. :(
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

ChaosWolf wrote:
Figarou wrote: Gee, I don't think a male werewolf is going to go Image when a female Collie comes his way.
That depends on the collie. Me, I'm a Husky fan, myself. :o :oops: Wait... you meant in general, not asking individual opinions... My bad. :(
What kind of wolf are you ? Lowering yourself to a dog's level....have some dignity. Me I would prefer a nice respectable wolfess...or a not so respectable one...... :D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:Gee, I don't think a male werewolf is going to go Image when a female Collie comes his way.

It's possible, but not likely. On one hand, he is part canine and therefore might be susceptible to canine instincts. On the other hand, he's also part human, so since his instincts may be a mixture of canine and simian, his sense of logic is still fully human and therefore will be more heavilly relied upon.

What I envision is that werewolves will keep themselves well behaved, but will frequently wind up asking themselves: "What the hell was I thinking?" In the instance of the canine in heat, for example, I can picture the werewolf eyeing the dog in heat and sizing up the situation until finally their conscience yells: "Jebbus man! What the hell is wrong with you!"

There'd always be that canine temptation, but few or no werewolves would ever act upon them.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

That would be my guess as well.

Though all it would take is one drunk werewolf and we would have a bunch of were-dogs..... :wink:
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:
ChaosWolf wrote:
What kind of wolf are you ? Lowering yourself to a dog's level....have some dignity. Me I would prefer a nice respectable wolfess...or a not so respectable one...... :D
Well, sometimes ya gotta take second best.

Plus, there's always that one were ya hear about... The one who gets totally hammered one night, and wakes up betwen a bulldog and a shar-pei, with a massive hangover and covered in crumbled Snausages...

:oops: Not saying that from personal experience, mind you... :P For one, I don't drink, and two, even if I did, I'd pass out before getting drunk enough to find one of those bitches attractive. Yech!

It's just a friend-of-a-friend story I heard once.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Suho Wolf
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Werewolves and pets

Post by Suho Wolf »

While some of the posts on this topic were humorous, I think I diverge in thought from some of the other members.

I don't really think a were wolf is really "part wolf and part human." I think he is a human that is changed into something more. Part of this change involves wolf traits/abilities/instincts or whatever you want to call them, but I still believe that this has more to do with the psychological change they undergo which removes the human inhibitions that our evolved minds place on all of our actions.

The anatomy is human. The instincts are animal, but I think are not so different from humans or what humans may once have possessed. How often does a human-professional use his sense of smell. Leaving any jokes aside, not that often, and definitely not for survival. Hearing is similar. In fact, you might say that as a race we have striven to destroy our hearing en masse. Our urban society is a painful one for any with sensitive hearing. You all know what I mean. Kick boxes in car trunks, construction, squeaking brakes on industrial vehicles, etc.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Wolves are not dogs. Unless raised to live with them, wild wolves are likely to not associate or destroy domesticated dogs. Many of the cases where a Wolf has mated with a dog present excellent examples of stereotypical maleness, i.e. thinking with one's genitals, regardless of whether man or beast. However, as often as not from what I understand, the wolves will still kill the dogs in those situations. Something to think about.

-Suho
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Werewolves and pets

Suho Wolf wrote:While some of the posts on this topic were humorous, I think I diverge in thought from some of the other members.

I don't really think a were wolf is really "part wolf and part human." I think he is a human that is changed into something more. Part of this change involves wolf traits/abilities/instincts or whatever you want to call them, but I still believe that this has more to do with the psychological change they undergo which removes the human inhibitions that our evolved minds place on all of our actions.

The anatomy is human. The instincts are animal, but I think are not so different from humans or what humans may once have possessed. How often does a human-professional use his sense of smell. Leaving any jokes aside, not that often, and definitely not for survival. Hearing is similar. In fact, you might say that as a race we have striven to destroy our hearing en masse. Our urban society is a painful one for any with sensitive hearing. You all know what I mean. Kick boxes in car trunks, construction, squeaking brakes on industrial vehicles, etc.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Wolves are not dogs. Unless raised to live with them, wild wolves are likely to not associate or destroy domesticated dogs. Many of the cases where a Wolf has mated with a dog present excellent examples of stereotypical maleness, i.e. thinking with one's genitals, regardless of whether man or beast. However, as often as not from what I understand, the wolves will still kill the dogs in those situations. Something to think about.

-Suho
An otherwise normal human with a wolf mentality leans more toward Lycanthropy than true werewolfism. A sterotypical werewolf is a human cursed to be part man part wolf but can never truly be among either, thus the tragic or " cursed " existance. But different legends and tales say different things there is no really common thread in ALL werewolf stories.

As far as wolf/dog matings it does happen, but most often in captive situations. The best example of wild wolf/dog matings are from northern native peoples. Some of which would tie a b**** out in the woods over night so a wolf would mate her. The pups that resulted though would be unpredictable and hard to train so the practice was rarly done. I have several examples of a dog going off into the woods from minnesota where the dog encountered a pack of wolves ( not a single one ) and was killed and eaten.

A werewolf acting on his wolf nature could 1 out of 100 times mate with a dog b**** in heat. But is also just as likely those same wolf instincts would lead him to eat the dog.

If the werewolf had a human mind in control with just wolf instincts then he would probably ignore the b**** altogether unless he was really hungry of just preffered the taste of dog.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Yech! I wouldn't eat a dog!

Uh, do you have that with orange sauce?

Maybe a nice Cianti?

Fava beans?

Any?
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Go to china, most restraunts have it on the menu......and some don't even know they're ordering it. :wink:
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Heh, you don't have to go to China. For instance, there are parts of Denver where people can't keep a pet.

Frankly, I don't do other predators (eat, I mean) unless it's all there is between me and starvation.

But, then again, in a survival situation, I'd hate to kill a bear for his fur and not use the rest of him for something.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:Go to china, most restraunts have it on the menu......and some don't even know they're ordering it. :wink:
Actually, no, they don't.
Just because some rural communities do eat dogs because they can't afford to devote enough space or resources to grow edible livestock larger than chickens or ducks, or dogs, or that sharpeis and chowchows were bred for their fur and meat, doesn't mean that EVERY FRICKING PERSON IN CHINA EATS DOGS.
Please stop bring up the stereotype that Asians eat dogs.
I'm part Chinese, and I have never ever developed a craving to eat my dog, nevermind that my mother would kill me if I were to try.
You fail to realize that the Chinese also developed various "sacred" breeds of dogs, too, like the Temple dog, the Lhasa Apso, the Shiatzu, and the Pekinese, the latter being the favored pets of the Manchus, being beloved so much so that Pekinese in the Qing Dynasty were given their own palaces, servants, eunuch bodyguards (dog and human), and even human wetnurses.
Please tell me how you can extrapolate that the Chinese devote their whole lives around eating dogs if their Emperors were appallingly sentimental dog-lovers?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Apokryltaros wrote:Pekinese in the Qing Dynasty were given their own palaces, servants, eunuch bodyguards (dog and human), and even human wetnurses.
Really?
Damn. I should probably stop complaining about my job. :P
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Terastas wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:Pekinese in the Qing Dynasty were given their own palaces, servants, eunuch bodyguards (dog and human), and even human wetnurses.
Really?
If you think that the way they treated their dogs is the "cat's pajamas," you should have seen how the aristocracy used to treat their crickets...
(Being kept in literal gilded cages, being awarded jade tablets describing their fighting prowess, and being fed special flower soup, and mosquitos filled with their owner's blood)
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Apokryltaros wrote:
Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:Go to china, most restraunts have it on the menu......and some don't even know they're ordering it. :wink:
Actually, no, they don't.
Just because some rural communities do eat dogs because they can't afford to devote enough space or resources to grow edible livestock larger than chickens or ducks, or dogs, or that sharpeis and chowchows were bred for their fur and meat, doesn't mean that EVERY FRICKING PERSON IN CHINA EATS DOGS.
Please stop bring up the stereotype that Asians eat dogs.
I'm part Chinese, and I have never ever developed a craving to eat my dog, nevermind that my mother would kill me if I were to try.
You fail to realize that the Chinese also developed various "sacred" breeds of dogs, too, like the Temple dog, the Lhasa Apso, the Shiatzu, and the Pekinese, the latter being the favored pets of the Manchus, being beloved so much so that Pekinese in the Qing Dynasty were given their own palaces, servants, eunuch bodyguards (dog and human), and even human wetnurses.
Please tell me how you can extrapolate that the Chinese devote their whole lives around eating dogs if their Emperors were appallingly sentimental dog-lovers?
I never said ALL asians, my knowledge comes from some Japanese friends who happened to go into a chinese resteraunt and they told me that dog was on the menu. They said they also informed an american couple that were near them of it, since is what they were ordering. I do know many breeds of dog were developed in china, which don't appeal to me personnally, I am quite aware that dogs were pampered much the way cats were in egypt but only by the nobility in china.

I never said they every chinese person likes or has a craving to consume canine flesh. If I offended you I apologize, I know about being offended I'm part Cherokee myself. I also eat some pretty odd things, I'm fond of alligator, snake, turtle, and bear among other things. Some Native Americans also ate dogs when nothing else was to be had . I shouldn't have poked fun at something that is obviously a stupid racial sterotype, again I apologize.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:
Really?
I love my job. Its the work I hate!!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Terastas wrote:
Really?
If you think that the way they treated their dogs is the "cat's pajamas," you should have seen how the aristocracy used to treat their crickets...
(Being kept in literal gilded cages, being awarded jade tablets describing their fighting prowess, and being fed special flower soup, and mosquitos filled with their owner's blood)
That, in a strange sort of way, I could actually understand. I'm just not sure that, even if my life depended on it, I could ever bring myself to write Occupation: Pekinese Provisionary Nurse on my tax return. :P

I mean... Lets face it: if your superior is old enough to reproduce but still occassionally craps on the carpet, that snooze alarm would look a lot friendlier every day. :lol:
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

That's what training whips are for.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Terastas wrote: That, in a strange sort of way, I could actually understand. I'm just not sure that, even if my life depended on it, I could ever bring myself to write Occupation: Pekinese Provisionary Nurse on my tax return. :P

I mean... Lets face it: if your superior is old enough to reproduce but still occassionally craps on the carpet, that snooze alarm would look a lot friendlier every day. :lol:
Fortunately for you, chances were that the Emperor had someone else to do that particular job.
Heck, they thought of a job for everyone.
It used to be that during the height of the Qing Dynasty, the Emperor appointed an official to make sure that the descendants of Confuscius had enough beansprouts for dinner.
Shadowblaze wrote:That's what training whips are for.
You do must realize that, in Qing Dynasty China, if a servant were to raise a hand against one of the pets of the Imperial Family, the servant was always terminated.
Usually through beheading.

(When the Emperor said "heads will roll for this!" He wasn't speaking metaphorically.)
-Calculon