overall werewolf abilities

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:
Figarou wrote: Me and my lactose intolerance :(
Hahaha, Figaoru!! your lactose :o Man you have no idea what your missing, there strawberry and chocalyte cheese cake, theres ice cream, theres sundaes, there cereal.

Not when there is this stuff!!

http://www.silkissoy.com/index.php?sid=Home

Mmmmm soymilk!! lck
you know what.....UH UH. Its not as good. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Ewww. Soy milk is nasty. :sickpup:
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Wait!!! :? Vuldari!!! you thought we were only reffering to the werewolf in Freeborn the movie!?! Nooo!! I was reffering to werewolfs overall.
*Goes back and looks at own earlier posts*

...your're right. Though I hadn't inteded it that way, I really did phrase alot of my responses in a sort of "ultimatum"ish way.

Sometimes it's really hard to remember to slip all of the "I Think", "I Feel", and "...in my own personal Opinion/Preference" 's into my messages. In my mind, I assume much of the time that this is assumed and taken for granted, and often forget that it is NOT.

...oops...Image

Plus Vilkacis reiterated another good point.
Vilkacis wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:This what I was trying to stop a while back, but noooo Vuladari wanted to keep going.
*pokes Shadow Wulf*

(That's exactly the kind of "I'm right. You're wrong" attitude I would like to avoid, please.)

-- Vilkacis
There is a natural desire in ALL of us to get in the "Last Word", so to speak.

Being asked to stop participating in a Debate often feels like you are being asked to concede "Defeat". ...and no one wants to feel like the "loser".
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:Ewww. Soy milk is nasty. :sickpup:

Wait till you get older. You'll have no choice but to drink that stuff.

Those pills that help you digest lactose products doesn't work for me.

Ooooo...off-topic-ness!! :crazy:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:
Figarou wrote: Me and my lactose intolerance :(
Hahaha, Figaoru!! your lactose :o Man you have no idea what your missing, there strawberry and chocalyte cheese cake, theres ice cream, theres sundaes, there cereal.

Not when there is this stuff!!

http://www.silkissoy.com/index.php?sid=Home

Mmmmm soymilk!! lck
you know what.....UH UH. Its not as good. :D

You're impling that it's good at all. Stop it.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:Wait till you get older. You'll have no choice but to drink that stuff.

Oh I already have problems digesting regular milk. Ice cream and cheese I'm fine with, though.

Ooooo...off-topic-ness!! :crazy:
Shhh! :duckylook:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:Wait till you get older. You'll have no choice but to drink that stuff.

Oh I already have problems digesting regular milk. Ice cream and cheese I'm fine with, though.
Technically speaking...none of our bodies were intended to still be drinking milk (or "milk products") after the age of however many MONTHS anyway.

It's amazing that many of our bodies will accept the milk from another creature At All. Image
Ooooo...off-topic-ness!!
...Ice Cream goes good with PIE...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

MMM PIE!! :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
It's amazing that many of our bodies will accept the milk from another creature At All. Image
Thats why it has to be homogenized.

heh...read this!! :lol:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/useless/milk/

Vuldari wrote:
Ooooo...off-topic-ness!!
...Ice Cream goes good with PIE...
And cake!! :cake:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Yes. Pie

Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Vuldari wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:Wait!!! :? Vuldari!!! you thought we were only reffering to the werewolf in Freeborn the movie!?! Nooo!! I was reffering to werewolfs overall.
*Goes back and looks at own earlier posts*

...your're right. Though I hadn't inteded it that way, I really did phrase alot of my responses in a sort of "ultimatum"ish way.

Sometimes it's really hard to remember to slip all of the "I Think", "I Feel", and "...in my own personal Opinion/Preference" 's into my messages. In my mind, I assume much of the time that this is assumed and taken for granted, and often forget that it is NOT
Especially since, in this day and age, it's considered the height of gauche to try and change another's opinion through threats of violence, and that trying to change my opinion through such a manner is as successful as trying to dowse a grease fire with shots of vodka.
Vuldari wrote:
Lupin wrote:

Technically speaking...none of our bodies were intended to still be drinking milk (or "milk products") after the age of however many MONTHS anyway.

It's amazing that many of our bodies will accept the milk from another creature At All.
It used to be that, in humans, we would lose the abillity to produce the enzyme beta-galactositase, which cleaves lactose into the sugars, glucose and galactose, when we were weaned, anywhere from 6 months to 3 years. We stop producing beta-galactositase, in that, our cells received a signal from one gene that would then inactivate that particular enzyme-producing gene. A few people would have a mutation that allowed them to continue producing beta-g well into adulthood, but, this was of little consequence in cultures who don't eat dairy products.
In those cultures that began domesticating herd mammals, like horses, goats, camels, and cattle, people started eating dairy products, and those who could still produce beta-g as adults were selected for.
Thing was, though, people didn't realize this until the 1950's, when people started dying from powdered milk rations that were sent to African by charities.
One of the big problems of not being able to digest lactose is that, while we can't digest it, our gut bacteria can, and produce an excess of CO2 gas as a result, upsetting the balance of the gut in the process.
Soy milk is, essentially, soy bean "juice" that mimics dairy, and the lactose pills contain the beta-g enzyme that then breaks down your dairy treats for you, instead of letting your bacteria pig out, and lactose-friendly dairy products have their lactose already broken down into glucose and galactose.
Last edited by Apokryltaros on Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Neopaliton ice cream has all three flavors lck

Ummmm.....anyways.....I personally like to here what other peoples opions are on werewolves because for one I've never been able to have a discussion like this with anyone before, because my family doesn't particular like WereWolves...well anyways I find it very fun and I think it's interesting that some many of you think of a WereWolf with scientific theories which I've never even heard in any way before about this subject.....Very interesting indeed......I love this place!!! I feel right at home in here :D

:howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

SabreWereWolfQueen_84 wrote:Neopaliton ice cream has all three flavors lck
Like this one?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

LOL, wow this thread has changed in my absence. Yeah, I like ice cream too. There's a place in my town that serves vanilla custard ice cream with Heath Bar pieces mixed in. Mmmmmm....

Please don't view this as me trying to continue this discussion, becuase I'm not. However, there are some thoughts of mine I'd like to clarify.

Invincibility
Until my most recent post, I don't believe I ever used the word 'invincible'. In all of my previous posts, all I wanted was werewolves who can defeat all human foes. That hardly constitutes invincibility. Tigers, elephants, gorillas, grizzly bears, and male buffaloes are all capable of destroying any human in hand-to-hand combat (you know what I mean) but that doesn't make them invincible. None of these creatures are even remotely invincible. My vision of werewolves would have been that they could defeat all humans, but not all animals in general. Sure, they could hold their own against a lion, tiger, or bear, but not necessarily. Anyway, those are my thoughts on werewolf 'invincibility'. Invincible to humans (in hand to hand) but not invincible overall.

And yes, it is very very hard for me to let go of the idea that werewolves can defeat all humans. I find the idea of a human defeating a werewolf almost offensive. To me, that'd be like some guy saying "Yeah, I took down a bear last week." :roll: . But it appears many people are in favor of having werewolves that can be beaten by humans. If indeed this occurs, I think it should be coupled with a lot of good fortune on the human's part. I want the audience to think, "Well, that human guy is pretty strong, but if that bucket hadn't fallen on that werewolf's head he might be dead." Luck should play a factor (IMO) in a battle in which a human beats a werewolf, not merely fighting prowess.

Regarding variety with werewolves
Yeah, that works for me. As long as their is at least one character who is tall and muscly (and fast, btw), I can't find much to complain about. Preferably he'll/she'll have light colored fur so we can see the musculature more easily.

However, while I am ok with a variety of werewolves, that still leaves a question unanswered for me. A variety of werewolves is almost a given, because there are varieties of people. But what happens during TFs? Do some people shrink, while some get taller? Do some get more muscly, while some get less or stay the same? There should be a set reaction that happens in every person, although the end result will be different because the people from which they were made were different. Ex: John is six feet tall. During his TF he grows to 6'7. Suzy is 5'3. During her TF she grows to 5'10. Etc. Etc. It is possibly these reactions could happen to varying degrees, (such as one person gets way taller while another person only gets somewhat taller), but I think it'd be weird if some people grew and some shrank. Although, perhaps we should just leave this to AB. I don't know if I want to open the entire can of worms again.

Anyway, nobody has to respond to this. I was just clarifying one of my opinions, and expressing my thoughts about another issue, which we should probably leave to AB.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Dont worry Excelsia, you should have werewolfs the way YOU want it to be, not anyone else. If you feel that werewolfs should be muscular and thats the way you draw it then its all cool, thats when I mentioned the whole different flavor ice cream when all of a sudden this ice cream talk came up. :?
Image Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

LOL, just so you know Shadow Wulf I love your drawings. I don't do werewolf art myself, but if I ever take it up, mine will probably look similar to yours (except that I will add more fur and a tail, :lol: ).
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Oh, and I wanted to add this but I forgot. If indeed there is one really large, muscular character, don't make him/her the stupid one. That is so cliche. I am not aware of whether or not there will be a stupid one, but if indeed there is keep this in mind.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Excelsia wrote:Oh, and I wanted to add this but I forgot. If indeed there is one really large, muscular character, don't make him/her the stupid one. That is so cliche. I am not aware of whether or not there will be a stupid one, but if indeed there is keep this in mind.

Right.....gotcha. No stupid/dumb werewolves. :crazy:

:jester2:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Excelsia wrote:LOL, just so you know Shadow Wulf I love your drawings. I don't do werewolf art myself, but if I ever take it up, mine will probably look similar to yours (except that I will add more fur and a tail, :lol: ).
The only drawing I have that doesnt have fur and tail is the one thats holding the skull. The other muscular one thats holding its hands has fur all around its body but just not as much and the camera didnt capture it that much.
Image Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Excelsia wrote:LOL, just so you know Shadow Wulf I love your drawings. I don't do werewolf art myself, but if I ever take it up, mine will probably look similar to yours (except that I will add more fur and a tail, :lol: ).
The only drawing I have that doesnt have fur and tail is the one thats holding the skull. The other muscular one thats holding its hands has fur all around its body but just not as much and the camera didnt capture it that much.
Ah, cool. Yeah, I couldn't tell with the other one.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Excelsia wrote: Invincibility
Until my most recent post, I don't believe I ever used the word 'invincible'. In all of my previous posts, all I wanted was werewolves who can defeat all human foes. That hardly constitutes invincibility. Tigers, elephants, gorillas, grizzly bears, and male buffaloes are all capable of destroying any human in hand-to-hand combat (you know what I mean) but that doesn't make them invincible. None of these creatures are even remotely invincible. My vision of werewolves would have been that they could defeat all humans, but not all animals in general. Sure, they could hold their own against a lion, tiger, or bear, but not necessarily. Anyway, those are my thoughts on werewolf 'invincibility'. Invincible to humans (in hand to hand) but not invincible overall.

And yes, it is very very hard for me to let go of the idea that werewolves can defeat all humans. I find the idea of a human defeating a werewolf almost offensive. To me, that'd be like some guy saying "Yeah, I took down a bear last week." :roll: . But it appears many people are in favor of having werewolves that can be beaten by humans. If indeed this occurs, I think it should be coupled with a lot of good fortune on the human's part. I want the audience to think, "Well, that human guy is pretty strong, but if that bucket hadn't fallen on that werewolf's head he might be dead." Luck should play a factor (IMO) in a battle in which a human beats a werewolf, not merely fighting prowess.
...must...resist...comment...

*eye twitches*

I HATE definates. Nothing is definate...exept the laws of physics. (...and that is assuming that the ones we know are correct)
Excelsia wrote:Regarding variety with werewolves
Yeah, that works for me. As long as their is at least one character who is tall and muscly (and fast, btw), I can't find much to complain about. Preferably he'll/she'll have light colored fur so we can see the musculature more easily.

However, while I am ok with a variety of werewolves, that still leaves a question unanswered for me. A variety of werewolves is almost a given, because there are varieties of people. But what happens during TFs? Do some people shrink, while some get taller? Do some get more muscly, while some get less or stay the same? There should be a set reaction that happens in every person, although the end result will be different because the people from which they were made were different. Ex: John is six feet tall. During his TF he grows to 6'7. Suzy is 5'3. During her TF she grows to 5'10. Etc. Etc. It is possibly these reactions could happen to varying degrees, (such as one person gets way taller while another person only gets somewhat taller), but I think it'd be weird if some people grew and some shrank. Although, perhaps we should just leave this to AB. I don't know if I want to open the entire can of worms again.

Anyway, nobody has to respond to this. I was just clarifying one of my opinions, and expressing my thoughts about another issue, which we should probably leave to AB.
I agree that it would not make much sense for one Werewolf to grow a foot in height, and the other shrink an inch. I too think there should be at least some amount of continuity involved...though I like your suggestion of "varying degrees", like two guys of exactly the same size and build would not become exactly the same shape and size werewolves. One would be a bit taller, the other hairier...one with a longer muzzle, and the other with longer claws. (All only slight, but noticable)

...TACO!...
Last edited by Vuldari on Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

=^.^'= ~
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Vuldari wrote:...TACO!...
Hey, now I know what to get for lunch tomorrow. Beef fajitas.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Vuldari wrote: I HATE definates. Nothing is definate...exept the laws of physics. (...and that is assuming that the ones we know are correct)

I know. I was generalizing. For example, there is no scientific law that says that a human would inevitably lose in every hand-to-hand battle with, say, a tiger or gorilla. But, there is no point in arguing that humans have any sort of chance against them whatsoever. (Knowing my luck, somebody will post an article of some freak coincidence in which a human went mano-a-mano against one of these and defeated it....and when I say defeat, I mean the human lives and the animal dies, if the animal gets annoyed an leaves it doesn't count.). So, I'm sorry if my generalizing bothers you. I'll try to curb it a bit in future discussions. But (according to my view of the werewolf anyway) that generalization kind of applies.

Anyway, to everyone reading this, please don't interpret this as an attempt to continue the debate. I'm just clarifying.

And Vuldari, if you wouldn't mind, would you consider in the future not using tiny handwriting? I can read small just fine, but with tiny I have to open a word document or notepad and paste it in there, and that's just annoying. If you have something to say, don't be ashamed to say it loud and clear.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Apokryltaros wrote:
SabreWereWolfQueen_84 wrote:Neopaliton ice cream has all three flavors lck
Like this one?
Oh yeah :o That's it!!!! That looks so good lck
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary