overall werewolf abilities

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

mielikkishunt wrote:
No, not really, I know I'm larger than the dog, and can usually use that fact to get them to back down.
ROFL, like I said, you obviously have never done so. . .if it was so easy to get a dog to back down, we wouldn't be having people killed/mauled by Rotties & Pitts, who are 100-120 lbs.

Comments like above show very little appreciation of the world of Nature. .as well as very little knowledge. . .
Indeed. It's one thing to look at a picture of something, or just daydream about it and believe you would be brave against it...and another entirely to actually try it.

If you really have made a dog "back down" just because you were bigger than it, that Dog must have been a terrible Coward.

...and I wouldn't count on a Short Werewolf being afraid of YOU.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

This is addressed to no one in particular:

Noboby is saying that a small werewolf wouldn't be tough. A werewolf of any size would be tough. However, a larger one would be tougher. A 7 foot tall werewolf could most likely kick a 5 foot tall werewolf's a**. In a battle between a german shepherd and a corgi, a german shepherd would most likely win.

As far as the comments that a gestalt should be between the size of a human and wolf, I disagree for several reasons:

1. It's not actually a hybrid, like many people think. It's a wholly separate form. You don't have to go through gestalt to get to wolf, you can go straight to wolf if you want, so the weird size transition thing isn't much of a problem. And besides, the majority of moviegoers wouldn't mind at all even if that was the case.
A. There are many reasons why gestalt should not be a transitional form. For one thing, if it were a transitional form, the claws, muzzle, ears, and digitigrade legs would likely not be fully formed if a werewolf were indeed halfway between human and wolf, IMO.

2. Even if it was some sort of hybrid, that doesn't necessarily mean it would be in between the size of a human and wolf. Ligers, for example, are much much larger than both lions and tigers, so it's feasible that gestalt could be much larger than humans and wolves.

And I'd like to repeat this (again). The majority of moviegoers aren't going to be upset at all if aesthetics is given priority over realism. Of course, you can compromise realism up to a point where even the most gung-ho movie-goer will be annoyed, such as making them 20 feet tall, having them shoot lightning bolts from their eyes, etc. But if all we're doing is adding between 1 and 2 feet of height and some extra weight, most people who watch this won't mind at all. In fact, they'll like it quite a lot. This movie is about werewolves, for crying out loud, who don't even exist. Arguing about the physics of an impossible (currently, anyway) creature is just silly. When you're talking about mythology and all that good stuff, it's better (IMO) to go with what looks good, than what will be realistic.

Also, while I don't expect moviegoers would mind having them gain height and weight (as I said before, they'd actually like it, most of them anyway), a lot of them would be pretty pissed by a tiny werewolf. Sorry, but that just doesn't do it for me, and probably wouldn't agree with the majority of Freeborn's audiences. The idea of a tall werewolf looming over its victim before it strikes is a lot scarier than some little pipsqueak that has to look up to see the person it's fighting. Badgers are scary, sure, but elephants and tigers and great white sharks are scarier.

As I said before, small animals can be scary. But take those same animals and make them bigger, and that's a helluva lot scarier.

Anyway, sorry to those of you that disagree with me. I know you feel strongly about your opinions. But I (and most likely Akela, Shadow Wulf, and Apokralyptos, and possibly even Figarou) feel just as strongly about ours. If I have named anyone in error, please forgive me. Anyway, my point is, you're not gonna be able to faze us with science or logic. Not when we're talking about a completely illogical creature, anyway. AB is gonna do what he thinks is best for Freeborn and what audiences like most. I'm sure that whatever he decides will be a good choice.

Anyway, I agree with something that was said earlier in this thread. If I shell out 5 dollars for a movie ticket, I'd be pretty pissed if I had to sit through 2 hours of 5'5" werewolves.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:Agien mielikkishunt, why do you hate uber wolves .
Because, thanks to their invincibility, everything they do is both dramatic, yet boring, and when they go stalk their victims, one is possessed with a desire to scream out "Kill them and get it overwith, already!"?
Yup...UBER characters are Boring.

If the werwolf is so powerful, and so unstoppable, then there is no drama. The victor is allways certain in any confrontation. Where is exitement in that?

Plus, its better if one can "empathise" with the character to at least some extent...and NO ONE can Empathise with an Uber-Being.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Excelsia wrote:
And I'd like to repeat this (again). The majority of moviegoers aren't going to be upset at all if aesthetics is given priority over realism. Of course, you can compromise realism up to a point where even the most gung-ho movie-goer will be annoyed, such as making them 20 feet tall, having them shoot lightning bolts from their eyes, etc. But if all we're doing is adding between 1 and 2 feet of height and some extra weight, most people who watch this won't mind at all. In fact, they'll like it quite a lot. This movie is about werewolves, for crying out loud, who don't even exist. Arguing about the physics of an impossible (currently, anyway) creature is just silly. When you're talking about mythology and all that good stuff, it's better (IMO) to go with what looks good, than what will be realistic.
I concede that a 20 tall werewolf is a little too big even for my tastes.
Excelsia wrote: Anyway, sorry to those of you that disagree with me. I know you feel strongly about your opinions. But I (and most likely Akela, Shadow Wulf, and Apokralyptos, and possibly even Figarou) feel just as strongly about ours. If I have named anyone in error, please forgive me.
You have named me in error, as it's spelled "A-p-o-k-r-y-l-t-a-r-o-s"
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Excelsia

What makes you so sure that YOU know what everyone else want's to see, more than the rest of us?

I thought the whole Point behind "Freeborn" was that we were trying to do something Different. ...and all of the other werewolf films have the 7-foot tall, crashing through walls, looking down at their victims and snarling kind of werewolves in them. Those several other Werwolf films that are going to be released in the near future will offer more of this kind of thing.

...just what kind of movie do you think this is going to be?

Personally...I have little or no desire to pay $7 to see Cashell (a new, Independant film studio), try to do with a small budjet what the other films are going to do with much more money (all thrown into exagerated special effects, action and the like).

What I'm hoping for and expecting from Freeborn is a different kind of experience from those other films. (The kind of risky and unconventional film you expect from Indepandant film makers.) I wan't to see the Werewolves portrayed in a light that is far easier to empathise with than the "Monsters" seen in more traditional Werewolf films. I want to see MORE emotional drama relating to the stresses and joys of actually being a Werewolf, and LESS bone-crunching, mindless slaughtering than the usual werewolf film. (Though not NONE of that...I definately want to see them USE thier claws for what they were built for.)

I don't consider "FreeBorn" and "Underworld: Evolution" to be of the same genre. They will obviously share many common themes, but I expect a totally different mood behind the two films, and I think the look of the werewolves should reflect that.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

well a small werewolf would look good as part of a drama flick but arent you sterio typing muscular werewolfs? I for once want to see a werewolf thats pretty muscular and yet innocent looking like in van helsing to be part of the good guys, not one werewolf flick did that.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:well a small werewolf would look good as part of a drama flick but arent you sterio typing muscular werewolfs? I for once want to see a werewolf thats pretty muscular and yet innocent looking like in van helsing to be part of the good guys, not one werewolf flick did that.
Great!...cool...
Lets have a big, strong guy as part of the cast. He would inevitably become an equivilantly big and strong Werewolf, and so could fill that unfilled role you are speaking of.

I'd like to see that too, frankly.

I never said that NO werewolf should ever be big, strong and overwhelming...

...there just need not be any reason why Everyone who becomes a werewolf would turn out huge and muscular.

=^.^'= ~
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Vuldari:

Everything you just suggested can be accomplished by werewolves who grow in height and in musculature. It's not so much how they look that will make a werewolf movie unique, but rather their behavior. Furthermore, besides size, I don't want them to be anything like werewolves from previous movies. Pretty much every movie werewolf I have ever seen (with some exceptions) has had ugly werewolves, I have faith that Freeborn's werewolves will be, to a certain extent, beautiful. I am fully aware of the fact that this will be a dramatic, character driven film. But AB has said there will be a little of everything. No, it won't be the crazy, snarling, killing-left-and-right that other werewolf movies have been. But there will be moments in this film in which killing and attacking are involved.

I think AB and TA can make large werewolves very easily on a small budget, if done correctly. To me, bringing up the budget almost sounds like you're grasping at straws for ways to support your opinion, though I could be wrong. Forgive me if I am. Making a larger werewolf would most likely not be that much more expensive than making a smaller werewolf, if at all. IMO, even it is, it'd be worth it.

As far as your comment about how would I know what most audiences would want, I don't know for sure. One can never know for sure. However, I think it's reasonable to conclude that most people go to a werewolf expecting the creatures to get larger and stronger looking, not smaller and weaker looking. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I'm sorry if any of this offends you, but you must realize that I feel just as strongly about my opinions on werewolf appearance as you do about yours.

I am willing to compromise, however. Having read some of the posts in this thread, I am willing to accept that perhaps werewolves wouldn't be invincible. The average human would stand little to no chance whatsoever against the average werewolf (male or female) but perhaps a really good human fighter could beat them. I'd rather that not be the case, but I am willing to accept it.

However, in terms of their physical appearance, I must say there is little that can make me change my opinions. IMO, all werewolves should grow taller and should get more muscular, but it should be based on their human form. Obviously, they wouldn't all be seven feet tall. Seven feet could be the average werewolf height, for someone like me for example (I'm 5'7). However, someone shorter like Reilune may only get to be about 6'5 or so. Or perhaps they could be even shorter. But I definitely think they should at least grow about 10 or 11 inches or so. Even if they don't grow that much, there should still be some sort of height increase, IMO. They definitely shouldn't get shorter. I'd like to state that hese are all merely my opinions and are based on aesthetic preference.

And as far as musculature, I still definitely think they should get more muscular. Personally, I'd prefer them to be huge and bulgy, but I'm willing to accept less. Let's take for example, an average guy. If he turns gestalt, I think he should grow in musculature to maybe halfway between his level of musculature and that of an amature bodybuilder. Skinny little weaklings could grow to maybe a little more than average. Big huge bodybuilder guys would be...as Reilune puts it, Govinator Wolf. Once again, these are just preferences of mine.

I don't think these increases are ridiculous. A skinny guy becoming 20 feet tall and having the physique of a bodybuilder would be ridiculous. But a skinny guy growing to about 6'5 or 7'0 and gaining the physique of a slightly above average guy, I don't think that is ridiculous at all.

Another point I'd like to make in favor of muscle growth. Most women are fairly lacking, in terms of musculature. If there were no increase in muscles (some of you actually seem to favor a decrease), and a decrease in height, most women would look pretty weak. I am not in favor of weak-looking werewolves. (Some of you will choose to point out at this time that if she were angry and snarling, she would be frightening. I disagree. To me, it would be aking to a chihuahua snarling at a boxer dog.)

Anyway, to make it short and sweet, I think there should be at least some increase in height and muscles. Not a ridiculous increase, but definitely one indeed. I am willing to forget about invincibility if other people will be ok with gestalt forms getting larger and more muscly (though not extremely so, as I've already pointed out).
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

That pretty much sums up my ideas too, I just don't wanna continue in this thread as it seems to keep raging on, though I do believe that a majority of viewers be suprised to see absolutely no change in mass including me.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

then its done, we are not to argue about a non existence creature any more. Cause really we all have our oppinions on werewolfs and if we all just keep arguing then thats lalmost ike telling what a werewolf SHOULD be and NOT use thier IMAGINATION!!
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Excelsia wrote:Vuldari:

Everything you just suggested can be accomplished by werewolves who grow in height and in musculature. It's not so much how they look that will make a werewolf movie unique, but rather their behavior.
I agree...but a drama in which the werwolves all look like Action-Flick "Badasses", but don't act like it, would not work out very well.
Furthermore, besides size, I don't want them to be anything like werewolves from previous movies. Pretty much every movie werewolf I have ever seen (with some exceptions) has had ugly werewolves, I have faith that Freeborn's werewolves will be, to a certain extent, beautiful.
I agree totally. No "UGLY" werewolves.
I am fully aware of the fact that this will be a dramatic, character driven film. But AB has said there will be a little of everything. No, it won't be the crazy, snarling, killing-left-and-right that other werewolf movies have been. But there will be moments in this film in which killing and attacking are involved.
I allready said that, though I want to see "less" of that, I still want to see SOME action. It would be a nearly unforgivable let-down otherwise.
I think AB and TA can make large werewolves very easily on a small budget, if done correctly. To me, bringing up the budget almost sounds like you're grasping at straws for ways to support your opinion, though I could be wrong. Forgive me if I am. Making a larger werewolf would most likely not be that much more expensive than making a smaller werewolf, if at all. IMO, even it is, it'd be worth it.
I was not saying that the bigger werwolf would be more expensive in and of itself, per-se, but rather, I was saying that a bigger, more "Badass" looking werewolf is far better suited for an ACTION flick, (which IS usually very expensive to make), but not very appropriate for the kind of drama I think Anthony and Cashell are trying to make.

...what I meant was...I don't want the Freeborn team to waste thier money trying to make too many pale imitations of High-budget action scenes with their limited funds, but rather focus most of their talent and resources on what will set this film apart from the others.
As far as your comment about how would I know what most audiences would want, I don't know for sure. One can never know for sure. However, I think it's reasonable to conclude that most people go to a werewolf expecting the creatures to get larger and stronger looking, not smaller and weaker looking. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I'm sorry if any of this offends you, but you must realize that I feel just as strongly about my opinions on werewolf appearance as you do about yours.
I never suggested that Werewolves should look "weaker" than humans. That would be absurd.

I believe that a human sized Bi-Pedal wolf, with digitgrade feet, sharp teeth, and claws would look very strong and impressive, without needing to be 7-feet tall. (...which is still more HUGE than I think you realise. Every time someone mentions WW's taller than 6.5 feet, I think "HOLY C*$%!!")
I am willing to compromise, however. Having read some of the posts in this thread, I am willing to accept that perhaps werewolves wouldn't be invincible. The average human would stand little to no chance whatsoever against the average werewolf (male or female) but perhaps a really good human fighter could beat them. I'd rather that not be the case, but I am willing to accept it.
Jeez...is it really that hard to comprehend a werwolf that is NOT the most powerful creature on earth?
However, in terms of their physical appearance, I must say there is little that can make me change my opinions. IMO, all werewolves should grow taller and should get more muscular, but it should be based on their human form. Obviously, they wouldn't all be seven feet tall. Seven feet could be the average werewolf height, for someone like me for example (I'm 5'7). However, someone shorter like Reilune may only get to be about 6'5 or so. Or perhaps they could be even shorter. But I definitely think they should at least grow about 10 or 11 inches or so. Even if they don't grow that much, there should still be some sort of height increase, IMO. They definitely shouldn't get shorter. I'd like to state that these are all merely my opinions and are based on aesthetic preference.
As this is all opinion, I can not say if it is right or wrong, but I think of the transformation into a werewolf as becoming "different", more than "stronger".

IMHO
And as far as musculature, I still definitely think they should get more muscular. Personally, I'd prefer them to be huge and bulgy, but I'm willing to accept less. Let's take for example, an average guy. If he turns gestalt, I think he should grow in musculature to maybe halfway between his level of musculature and that of an amature bodybuilder. Skinny little weaklings could grow to maybe a little more than average. Big huge bodybuilder guys would be...as Reilune puts it, Govinator Wolf. Once again, these are just preferences of mine.
I agree that Werwolves, on average, should look more muscularly defined than flabby or stickly.

However, I care very much about the Aesthetic appearance of the werewolves as well. That's why I don't want them to be "BIG and BULGY". I beilieve that Body builders (Like the younger Arnold, when he was "Mister Universe"), are BUTT UGLY. Huge muscles (whether naked or covered in fur) look absolutely DISGUSTING on any form.
I don't think these increases are ridiculous. A skinny guy becoming 20 feet tall and having the physique of a bodybuilder would be ridiculous. But a skinny guy growing to about 6'5 or 7'0 and gaining the physique of a slightly above average guy, I don't think that is ridiculous at all.
...again...I think that someone growing a whole FOOT in height IS absolutely rediculous, but I digress...
Another point I'd like to make in favor of muscle growth. Most women are fairly lacking, in terms of musculature. If there were no increase in muscles (some of you actually seem to favor a decrease), and a decrease in height, most women would look pretty weak. I am not in favor of weak-looking werewolves. (Some of you will choose to point out at this time that if she were angry and snarling, she would be frightening. I disagree. To me, it would be aking to a chihuahua snarling at a boxer dog.)
...and again...I am reminded of My old boss...a 5' 4" Farmgirl, Truckdriver whom I held, (and still hold) utmost respect for, not just as a leader, but as a physical force to be reconed with. She was not a beefy, muscular gal, but she was not weak...not did she look it. She could lift (seemingly with ease) more than the Six foot assistant managers on our staff could. The troublemakers who worked in our store (though not for very long) were genuinely afraid of her when she was angry. ...for good reason.

So, I disagree with your perspective on this matter.
Anyway, to make it short and sweet, I think there should be at least some increase in height and muscles. Not a ridiculous increase, but definitely one indeed. I am willing to forget about invincibility if other people will be ok with gestalt forms getting larger and more muscly (though not extremely so, as I've already pointed out).
...muscularly defined, but not huge...

...strong and formidable, but not unreasonably unstoppable...

Now you're talking my language. Image
Last edited by Vuldari on Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I like having Arnold werewolfs.
Vuldari wrote:However, I care very much about the Aesthetic appearance of the werewolves as well. That's why I don't want them to be "BIG and BULGY". I beilieve that Body builders (Like the younger Arnold, when he was "Mister Universe"), are BUTT UGLY. Huge muscles (whether naked or covered in fur) look absolutely DISGUSTING on any form
I am not speaking to you agien. :cry:
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:then its done, we are not to argue about a non existence creature any more. Cause really we all have our oppinions on werewolfs and if we all just keep arguing then thats lalmost ike telling what a werewolf SHOULD be and NOT use thier IMAGINATION!!
...wait...

Then what the Hell are we to do here?

Discussing what we think a werwolf should be, (and more creatively, "could" be), is the entire purpose of this entire website.

If we are not to discuss the different ways a werewolf can be interpreted, then what is left to talk about?

:Pack Member 1: " I like werewolf movies"

:Pack Member 2: "Me too"

:Pack Member 1: "...so...ummm...do you prefer Huge Muscular Werwolves or Sleek, Mysterious ones?"

:Pack Member 1: "TROUBLE MAKER!!!... you are not supposed to ask those kinds of questions."

:Pack member 2: "..."

*Pack menber 2 leaves*

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

DID you read the post above!!! :x
Last edited by Shadow Wulf on Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:DID you read the post above!!! :x
...yeah...I read it.

...and I'm no sooner going to concede that bulgy muscles look attractive than I am going to say that Mary Kate and Ashley are cool.

If you are not gong to speak with me ever again over that...well...thats your own perogative.
Last edited by Vuldari on Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

You say you think body builder werewolfs are butt ugly then you most likely think my drawings are butt ugly, thanks alot!!! See if i ever compliment your drawing agien.
Image Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Bodybuilders and big muscles aren't ugly or disgusting. It's just that some people don't like the way they look. There's a difference.

Anyway, I do not doubt that there are many short people in the world who are intimidating. However, it is my opinion they would be more intimidating if they suddenly grew a foot taller. Short people often try to make up for their lack of height in attitude, and sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Anyway, my overall point is that in general, bigger things are scarier, though I am not denying that on occasion, small things can be scary. Anyway, I just felt the need to say that. I will devote more time to making a full response to your comments later, I want to be able to devote my full attention to them, as this is obviously something that is important to both of us.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:You say you think body builder werewolfs are butt ugly then you most likely think my drawings are butt ugly, thanks alot!!! See if i ever compliment your drawing agien.
I think your drawing talent is extrordinary. Image

...but, yeah...I think that your drawings are extremely good pictures of ugly creatures. ...the same way a mauled corpse is disgusting to look at, but a detailed painting of such could be a powerful, impressive work of art.

[Edit:]I don't think all of your werewolf drawings are Ugly.
...Just These Two (only from the neck down);
Werewolf1
Werewolf2

I LOVE these ones.
Werewolf3
Werewolf4
Last edited by Vuldari on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Big creatures ugually have the audience on the edge of thier seats, like aliens or a better examples...........War of the worlds!! Those mechanize things had my heart pumping, cause I can imagine me running away from a 15 stories tall machine. :o
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Big creatures ugually have the audience on the edge of thier seats, like aliens or a better examples...........War of the worlds!! Those mechanize things had my heart pumping, cause I can imagine me running away from a 15 stories tall machine. :o
Agreed...but why would that mean that werewolves should be like that?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Vuldari wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:Big creatures ugually have the audience on the edge of thier seats, like aliens or a better examples...........War of the worlds!! Those mechanize things had my heart pumping, cause I can imagine me running away from a 15 stories tall machine. :o
Agreed...but why would that mean that werewolves should be like that?
Im simply pointing out that the audience will fell more itimidated.
If you were to make a scary werewolf flick or an action werewolf flick. The point is to make the audience and the main character feel small about themself, to make them feel helpless, like they cant do much.
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Debates BLEH!!! :P

Do you know how many werewolves are going to be in Freeborn? A big # I can tell you that. Maybe not as many as in Underworld. But a heck of alot more than "Cursed."

Now, is it not ok to have one be a bit muscular? Just one? And another being short? Or one really tall? Why not have different types so we ALL can be happy. :D
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Figarou wrote:Debates BLEH!!! :P

Do you know how many werewolves are going to be in Freeborn? A big # I can tell you that. Maybe not as many as in Underworld. But a heck of alot more than "Cursed."

Now, is it not ok to have one be a bit muscular? Just one? And another being short? Or one really tall? Why not have different types so we ALL can be happy. :D
Why not throw in a sharpei, poodle, bulldog and chihuahua, too?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Figarou wrote:Debates BLEH!!! :P

Why not throw in a sharpei, poodle, bulldog and chihuahua, too?

sure....why not. :P
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

Figarou wrote:Sure its easy to say "the werewolf would shrink a little."

If the werewolf in Freeborn is 100% CGI, that would be easy to do. But how are you going to make someone wearing a werewolf costume look as if he lost some mass compared to his human form?

Lets say they used "real wolves" as the wolf form. How can you explain the incredible loss of mass and size if the wolves they use are small ones?
Well, as I said in my post... you don't. Nobody will notice some minor shrinkage, which means the filmmakers don't need to bother including it. So long as they don't make the characters perceptably GROW, I have no problem.